Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’d love to see Snape comes in Neville’s grandma’s fashion. 

As KA1 said we already got that back in 2018 and as it's a fairly obscure and insignificant variant I highly doubt we'll be seeing it again. 

You could try Bricklinking him though, iirc he's not that expensive. 

18 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Thought I'd draft up ideas if they make anymore of the book builds with some other subjects:

Defence against the Dark Arts:

Figures: Professor Lupin, Neville and a Dementor Minifigure. Design: A big sticker with the dragon skeleton on it, a wardrobe build with a mirror sticker and a small record player build. Maybe a table with a horned skull on it? The book colour: Dark Brown

Care of Magical Creatures:

Figures: Hagrid, Harry and Ron. Design: I don't think they'd include Buckbeak, but they could have Buckbeak on a sticker flying. Maybe a couple of nifflers (based of Goblet of Fire) and a few tree builds made like the archways. The book colour: Blue or Brown.

Divination:

Figures: Professor Trelawny, Hermione and Lavender Brown (or someone like Dean Thomas). Design: The set could have some round tables and chairs with the Transparent minifigure helmet piece as crystal balls, and some teacups as well. The background could have some candles and curtains blocking windows. The book colour: Dark blue or purple.

Add the Flying lesson with Madam Hooch, and you've got a full set of 4! They'd change her from the minifigure pack version (maybe give her the Nakia hair in light grey), but they have already reused some characters from that pack, just not the same design. Have Draco and either Harry or Neville with the Remembrall as the students, and you've got a remake of the old Flying Lesson set 4711.

37 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Add the Flying lesson with Madam Hooch, and you've got a full set of 4! They'd change her from the minifigure pack version (maybe give her the Nakia hair in light grey), but they have already reused some characters from that pack, just not the same design. Have Draco and either Harry or Neville with the Remembrall as the students, and you've got a remake of the old Flying Lesson set 4711.

Honestly i hope that there will be not more books. We still missing more important scenes. The books looks good but dont fit to the theme for me...

8 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Honestly i hope that there will be not more books. We still missing more important scenes. The books looks good but dont fit to the theme for me...

Although I won't be picking them up, I'll just get McGonagall and the sticker sheets, I actually quite like them. They offer some cool stuff for those who want to get them but if you don't/can't get them you're not really missing much. They are very much optional, which is a good thing to see in a year that's going to be ridiculously expensive for LEGO fans.

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why Neville is included when there is Dementor boggart? Dementor is not Neville’s fear. It’s Professor Snape himself that Neville fears. I’d love to see Snape comes in Neville’s grandma’s fashion. 

Yeah as mentioned The Boggart snape minifig was in the Bricktober pack.

If Harry was in the defence against the dark arts set then I'd put Draco in the Care of Magical Creatures instead of Harry.

I don't think they'd make fully blown sets of the classes I mentioned as Hagrids Hut already had Buckbeak, as for Divination and Defence we only get one scene of each in the films.

Or maybe they could do Lockhart, Lupin, Moody and Umbridge for a Defence against the Dark Arts set covering years 2-5.

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't think they'd make fully blown sets of the classes I mentioned as Hagrids Hut already had Buckbeak, as for Divination and Defence we only get one scene of each in the films.

As Buckbeaks role in the movies was drastically altered from the books the only sets he can pop up in are PoA related. Eventually Hagrids Hut will retire and if it does while the theme's still going I could definetely see a CoMC set featuring Hagrid in his teaching outfit and a reuse of Buckbeak to keep him in rotation for the fans who missed out.

Oh and happy new year everyone! May 2021 be good to us all! :laugh:

I get an error no matter what I try to add to my cart.  Hope they fix it soon because I don't want to go to bed without putting an order in.  Everything I want would probably be sold out when I get up in the morning.

29 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Anyone else getting an Error when trying to buy sets on lego? 

16 minutes ago, karrit said:

I get an error no matter what I try to add to my cart.  Hope they fix it soon because I don't want to go to bed without putting an order in.  Everything I want would probably be sold out when I get up in the morning.

I’m having the same problem... Come on, LEGO. Take our money! :laugh_hard:

Now I have sets in my cart but not all the ones I want.  Trying to remove a SW one but it won't disappear.  Also can't get Transfiguration to actually add in.

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

These error messages are getting on my nerves.  Hopefully the site allows me to purchase the sets soon.

So frustrating for me too! I was able to finally get an order to the payment processing, and saw the cute lego heads processign my order, then it showed my credit card could not be authorized and order was canceled...here's hoping my credit card doesn't have a stop on it! 

Now LEGO's website just goes to a "service unavailable" page that states that an update is in progress.  Hopefully it doesn't take long.

45 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Site is back up, I just placed my order for three of the Moments sets!

I managed to do the same.  Very pleased that I was able to successfully get the order through with the two GWP sets added.  I just wish I didn't have to spend so much time trying to place the order before it worked.  

Also Happy New Year!  After a whopping 744 pages of discussion, now I suppose a 2021 discussion thread will have to be added.  I wonder what the odds are that such a thread will reach a higher page count. 

I bought the three books. I saved fourth one for the next time when there will be some interesting gwp. And if not i can buy it from amazon or some similar store little bit cheaper :) but i cant miss MBoM :) btw i hope that next hp gwp will be brickheadz “voldemort and nagini.. thats my wish for next gwp set:)

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder what the odds are that such a thread will reach a higher page count. 

One of the reasons this thread blew up so much were discussions about fake clues courtesy of that royal Gollum-wannabe, but I think we can reach a similar count depending on the nature of the leaks. If we don‘t get a set list and just minifig leaks instead, this could very well get to that level :laugh:

I had to buy all 4 of the moments sets just to hit the threshold for the second GWP. Also had to buy a little Birthday Cake set too because Australia puts the GWP threshold so darn high. Had to spend $170 in Australia to get the car.

10 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I had to buy all 4 of the moments sets just to hit the threshold for the second GWP. Also had to buy a little Birthday Cake set too because Australia puts the GWP threshold so darn high. Had to spend $170 in Australia to get the car.

Ahh that pitty. 3 books was enough for us to get a car and book:)

Happy New Year!

Are the classroom sets exclusive? Or will they be widely available outside of the LEGO stores? 
thanks 

2 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

Happy New Year!

Are the classroom sets exclusive? Or will they be widely available outside of the LEGO stores? 
thanks 

They're normal sets so they'll be available everywhere.

Speaking of the books, they're all already on backorder.