Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Fluffy and the Troll are sorely missing from our Philosopher’s Stone collections. 

I think the advent Callander will be based around the Slug Club. 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, Guyon2002 said:

( For those desperate for new info: the following list is entirely repeated :wink: )

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack
40495 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related
40496 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Fluffy and the Troll are sorely missing from our Philosopher’s Stone collections. 

I think the advent Callander will be based around the Slug Club. 

How could I forget about Troll? I would love to see it return to lego in a few years!

I like your guess on the next advent calendar, by the way!

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

@m0repotter: Nice list :purrr: Though as much as I would like an all-DH wave, that’s probably not going to happen :grin: In my estimation, at least two of these sets will be based on the other movies. And there‘s no way Gringotts isn‘t part of the line-up, making us wait two years or even longer to „complete“ DA would just be cruel :tongue:

Knockturn alley with one or two shops is for me same important like gringotts:) even if we have crossroad at the DA set

Edited by KA1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, Lego-Freak said:

As for the year 3-6 version, it’s a reused face print, simple as that (originally created for Carina from PotC to be precise) :wink: It was probably the one the designers thought suited teenage Hermione best among the options they had, so they went with that. As for the CMF S2 version, they probably kept the freckles for the sake of consistency.

Speaking of which: Since they’re now free to reuse CMF prints, I fully expect the Carina print to be replaced by the superior CMF S2 print :purrr: Same goes for Ron and Hermione. I’m so glad they’re finally able (or willing) to do that

Nice catch. I failed to recognise it as Carina.  

Which CMFs are they now reusing? I hadn't spotted that yet, either. 

On 12/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, Felkin said:

That's a shame, but at least it means if they do more classes in future we could get a Care of Magical Creatures book with Hagrid without him taking up half the space all by himself!

I like both your take and your attitude. :classic: Right you are. And now I'm looking forward to a CMC book... And the Thestral and Blast Ended Skrewt wouldn't have to fit in as well, were they included...

On 12/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, Guyon2002 said:

They cost 30 euro here so I assumed it would be $30 as well :tongue:

ACs are pretty much the only sets that are better priced here than in the states. Sets are often a lot cheaper there, or 1:1 $ to EUR, but the ACs remain a better deal here, I figure because they have so much competition on the AC market. 

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Which CMFs are they now reusing? I hadn't spotted that yet, either. 

The Wonder Woman and Cheetah minifigs from the DC CMF series were reused in the SDCC set and the WW84 version also featured her CMF face print. Moreover, the Flash face print from that series was repurposed in a Jurassic World set.

I wish they could‘ve done that earlier, would have improved Krum & Cedric significantly :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wish they could‘ve done that earlier, would have improved Krum & Cedric significantly :shrug_oh_well:

I must be the only one who prefers the young Han head over the CMF version for Cedric :tongue:

On 12/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, KA1 said:

I think that all of us expect that. Only one other option is ministry of magic for me.

I wonder if the large set is a vehicle? A Creator Knight Bus would be amazing.

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Vehicles have never really been selling points for Harry Potter (bar the Hogwarts Express but even that has it's limits in terms of price) so I personally doubt we'll ever get UCS/Creator Expert-style vehicles for the Potter theme. Especially with locations like Gringotts, the Ministry of Magic and Hogsmeade being better fits for such a pricepoint. But who knows? One can always hope :wink::shrug_oh_well:

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I must be the only one who prefers the young Han head over the CMF version for Cedric :tongue:

I actually prefer that head as well. One of the few reused face prints that I like in the HP wave. 

One Knight Bus is enough for me.  It was the last set from that wave that I bought because it wasn't a must have.  I personally don't see it being a good fit for Creator status.  As Gunyon2002 says there are other big builds that are a much better fit.  Vehicles weren't used much to warrant taking a large build slot other than Hogwarts Express which we already have & maybe the Durmstrang Ship.  I certainly wouldn't spend that much for another Knight Bus.  I'd much rather have Gringotts, Hogsmeade, Ministry of Magic, Knockturn Alley, Grimmauld Place, other parts of the Castle or a few other places before any vehicles.  The only vehicle I can think of would be a Thestral drawn carriage like the ones the students rode to the castle in but that shouldn't be more than a $19.99-29.99 set.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

10 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

I actually prefer that head as well. One of the few reused face prints that I like in the HP wave. 

It‘s not a bad replacement, far from it actually, but I still prefer a specifically designed face print over a repurposed one :laugh:

10 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

I wouldn‘t mind that, but please only after they‘ve already released everything else we‘re clamouring for right now. A Creator Expert- style Knight Bus or Hogwarts Express set would be pretty silly when we‘re still missing Gringotts and Hogsmeade :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 minutes ago, aimo said:

Did you see the new leaked mermaid piece?

Yes but i dont see any connection with that and harry potter theme... maybe next cmf set ...

12 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Yes but i dont see any connection with that and harry potter theme... maybe next cmf set ...

I thought it could be a useful piece for the Merpeople of the second task

Yeah that's a nice new mer-tail.   several fins is mroe accurate to HP ones. Not spot on, but for lego it looks awesome.

Hope we get some Merpeople, along with Karkaroff and ship :wink:

I highly doubt it's a CMF mold, Series 21 has already been revealed and it's way too soon for a Looney Tunes leak (and I don't think LT even has mermaids to begin with). Looking at the printing I think this is a BAM-exclusive print on a piece that will be introduced in a future 1HY 2021 set. It could be made for the Merpeople but afaik BAM never recolors pieces and brown/nougat/whatever-color-this-is wouldn't be the most accurate for the Merpeople. It's definetely possible, probably even inevitable, that we'll see this mold used in a Second Task set in 2021 or beyond but I don't think this piece hints at anything Potter related in it's current form. 

Edited by Guyon2002

BAM does recolor pieces

It has exclusive recolors of the S16 dog mold

Also, an exclusive pink recolor of the S18 elephant mask mold

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

BAM does recolor pieces

It has exclusive recolors of the S16 dog mold

Also, an exclusive pink recolor of the S18 elephant mask mold

I stand corrected, don't follow BAM all that closely so I'm not even surprised I missed those recolors :grin: It'll be interesting to see wether or not we'll get the Second Task this year then, if we do I do hope it's one of the $100+ sets with the Durmstrang ship and ST combined. 

It can also be from the rumored Ninjago underwater season. The mold that is, not this specific print

The printing looks like wafer and the top detail looks like strawberry sauce, so is this like a gingerbread merperson? What an odd idea. 
I’ll be interested if it has a dorsal fin on the back; the merepeople in HP are very fish like and I agree this mould will likely be used for them in the near future, can’t wait ?

25 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The printing looks like wafer and the top detail looks like strawberry sauce, so is this like a gingerbread merperson? What an odd idea. 
I’ll be interested if it has a dorsal fin on the back; the merepeople in HP are very fish like and I agree this mould will likely be used for them in the near future, can’t wait ?

I'm thinking it's going to be an ice-cream person rather than gingerbread.

I think it'd work well for a HP merperson.

I hope that is the second task come, it will be with the ship. Maybe we will get some more specific info after launch the classrooms.

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

I hope that is the second task come, it will be with the ship. Maybe we will get some more specific info after launch the classrooms.

I wouldn't count on much info this year. Usually all of the Harry Potter info that comes out before leak season (which starts around late-april / early-may) comes from the Toy Fairs and those have all been either delayed or cancelled. This could be the first year of this theme where we don't get any setnames and have to speculate based on figure leaks only, which should definetely be interesting :excited: Unless my source suddenly turns up with a list of setnames ofc :shrug_oh_well: