Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Has anyone noticed there are some “freckles” on Day 22’s minfigure of HP Advnet Calendar? I don’t recall that. 

Also her hairpiece does not look right on her. Oh well. 

It's the same as the 75948 Clock Tower version. The firstie/second year version in this series didn't have any, neither did the series 1 collectible minifig, but all the rest (inexplicably) have. :shrug_confused: Guess they figured it makes the fig look younger? I thought it was strange, too. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

[...] but all the rest (inexplicably) have. :shrug_confused: 

As for the year 3-6 version, it’s a reused face print, simple as that (originally created for Carina from PotC to be precise) :wink: It was probably the one the designers thought suited teenage Hermione best among the options they had, so they went with that. As for the CMF S2 version, they probably kept the freckles for the sake of consistency.

Speaking of which: Since they’re now free to reuse CMF prints, I fully expect the Carina print to be replaced by the superior CMF S2 print :purrr: Same goes for Ron and Hermione. I’m so glad they’re finally able (or willing) to do that

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

As for the year 3-6 version, it’s a reused face print, simple as that (originally created for Carina from PotC to be precise) :wink: It was probably the one the designers thought suited teenage Hermione best among the options they had, so they went with that. As for the CMF S2 version, they probably kept the freckles for the sake of consistency.

Speaking of which: Since they’re now free to reuse CMF prints, I fully expect the Carina print to be replaced by the superior CMF S2 print :purrr: Same goes for Ron and Hermione. I’m so glad they’re finally able (or willing) to do that

Actually if you look closely at pictures you can see that Emma Watson does indeed have freckles. I do hope they switch to the CMF2 print though; it's the first one they've used that actually looks like her.

Edited by Roonil Wazlib

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-4826753/lego-harry-potter-hogwarts-moment-herbology-class-building-kit-76384.jsp?prdPV=5&userPFM=lego harry potter&diestoreid=295&selectShip=true#

Herbology Hogwarts moments set was briefly up on Kohl’s website :look: haven’t seen the others on there though yet. Also this link is the only way to view the product, it doesn’t show up when searching (possibly Bc it’s out of stock now)...

Diagon Alley, Astronomy Tower, Privet Drive, and Umbridge Encounter waiting for me Xmas morning :D

Built the first of two Room of Requirement sets today. Also a third Expecto Patronum set for tomorrow too as well as day 24 of the advent calendar (x2). 

I love this time of year :D

The Burrow and Hedwig is all I'm missing then to complete 2020. But I have a few VIP points to put them in the new year :P 

Anyone know how many/what sets are we getting next year as the recent lego Harry Potter waves have actually been better than the Star Wars ones soooo maybe time to switch :)

Edited by Ringwraith

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Anyone know how many/what sets are we getting next year as the recent lego Harry Potter waves have actually been better than the Star Wars ones soooo maybe time to switch :)

( For those desperate for new info: the following list is entirely repeated :wink: )

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack
40495 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related
40496 - GWP/Brickheadz, should be anniversary related

15 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

the recent lego Harry Potter waves have actually been better than the Star Wars ones soooo maybe time to switch :)

Never too late :tongue: You get a lot more Lego for your money as well :wink:

to anyone who has got the books early (or anyone who has thought about this) is there any decent way to connect/display them with the rest of the playscale Hogwarts? I think the Gryffindor one would fit best based on colors, but I cant picture it looking good anywhere.

Also, do the figs fit in the books? None of the reviews I have seen say they do, but they also don't say they don't. I doubt they do, but It cant hurt to ask 

14 minutes ago, Surge said:

to anyone who has got the books early (or anyone who has thought about this) is there any decent way to connect/display them with the rest of the playscale Hogwarts? I think the Gryffindor one would fit best based on colors, but I cant picture it looking good anywhere.

I personally don't have any of them but I imagine they won't look that good next to the Hogwarts sets. The best way to connect them or display them together would be to remove the interiors from the books and place them in your castle setup. But that's just my 2 cents :shrug_oh_well:

A couple of reviews I've read stated that the figures do not fit in the books when they are closed unfortunately.  From what I could see in the posted pictures the pieces are packed in pretty tight with no room to spare for the figures.

20 minutes ago, karrit said:

A couple of reviews I've read stated that the figures do not fit in the books when they are closed unfortunately.  From what I could see in the posted pictures the pieces are packed in pretty tight with no room to spare for the figures.

That's a shame, but at least it means if they do more classes in future we could get a Care of Magical Creatures book with Hagrid without him taking up half the space all by himself!

Funnily enough an hour or so after writing that the Slytherin book I ordered from Kohls came! As a few of you said, the figs don't fit in, however Felkin brings up a good point, it means that there is no wasted space. Despite only owning the one, I think it will be my least favorite simply because I prefer the ones that open on both sides, but with that being said it is still a great set.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, Guyon2002 said:

( For those desperate for new info: the following list is entirely repeated :wink: )

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack

76395  - advent calendar?

45 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

76395  - advent calendar?

One of them should be an AC but which one is currently unknown. It could definetely be 76395 but for all we know they increase it's price to $39,99 :shrug_oh_well: We'll see!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of them should be an AC but which one is currently unknown. It could definetely be 76395 but for all we know they increase it's price to $39,99 :shrug_oh_well: We'll see!

These prices are in USD right? The advent calendar is already $39.99 in the US. 

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

These prices are in USD right? The advent calendar is already $39.99 in the US. 

They cost 30 euro here so I assumed it would be $30 as well :tongue:

The book sets are available in my city, specifically in a department store I have a coupon for, might pick up the Gryffindor one but I hope I don’t regret getting just the figure later on :look:

Edited by Otherworld

On 12/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, Guyon2002 said:

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack

I’m hoping 76391 is going to be Gringotts Bank or Hogmeads. 

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m hoping 76391 is going to be Gringotts Bank or Hogmeads. 

I think that all of us expect that. Only one other option is ministry of magic for me.

15 hours ago, Otherworld said:

The book sets are available in my city, specifically in a department store I have a coupon for, might pick up the Gryffindor one but I hope I don’t regret getting just the figure later on :look:

I'll just be getting the new McGonagall figure and the 4 stickersheets. Those book sets are pretty neat but with LEGO's 2021 lineup being as expensive as it is I'd rather spend that money on something else :shrug_oh_well:

Just finished building the Attack on the Burrow set after receiving it as a Christmas gift.  I'd consider it one of my favorite builds for this year's wave, probably above everything else except Diagon Alley.  I really enjoy all the little details and references to the Chudley Cannons, the Holyhead Harpies, the Weird Sisters, plus the Egypt family photo, among other things.  This set really makes the most of its price point and does an excellent job mimicking the look of the Burrow as it appeared onscreen.  I'd definitely like to see Grimmauld Place get this level of attention if it gets a set in the future.  

On 12/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, Guyon2002 said:

76386 - $19,99
76387 - $39,99
76388 - $79,99
76389 - $129,99
76390 - $39,99
76391 - $249,99
76392 - $59,99
76393 - $119,99
76394 - $39,99
76395 - $29,99
40500 - accessory pack

If I had to guess rn:

76386 - $19,99 Forbidden Forest Showdown between Harry & Voldemort
76387 - $39,99 Shell cottage 
76388 - $79,99 Malfoy Manor
76389 - $129,99 Battle for Hogwarts
76390 - $39,99 Another small Hogwarts build, perhaps the boathouse or the room of requirement from Deathly Hallows
76391 - $249,99 Ministry of Magic (Deathly Hallows scenes)
76392 - $59,99 Godric’s Hollow Attack (with small graveyard build and Bathilda’s house)
76393 - $119,99 Grimauld Place
76394 - $39,99 Advent Calendar
76395 - $29,99 Destruction of Locket Horcrux (w Tent build and a few trees)
40500 - accessory pack (as a lot of us have discussed, probably Quidditch robes or students from each house with full robes, not just the jumper and different colored tie) 

depending on the pricing for the last two, I could see them maybe doing iconic scenes from the first couple movies to mark the anniversary in some way (especially the first movie) I don’t really see them doing more brickheads anytime soon but maybe that’s just me... 

@m0repotter: Nice list :purrr: Though as much as I would like an all-DH wave, that’s probably not going to happen :grin: In my estimation, at least two of these sets will be based on the other movies. And there‘s no way Gringotts isn‘t part of the line-up, making us wait two years or even longer to „complete“ DA would just be cruel :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak