Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unless they based it on the books I agree that a Third Task set wouldn't be interesting at all. I'd be fine if we just get Fleur and Krum in their outfits and that's it :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly!

I know there were Blast-Ended Skrewts and Sphinx in that book. It should be interesting to see them to come in Lego form. I was super disappointed when there was no Sphinx or Skwerts in movie. 

For US fans, whileB&N may not have MBOM GWP online, I’ve found a few around me (East Coast) that have them in stores! It’s worth a phone call!! 

also, to the person above who said we “already got the basilisk”.... but did we really??? :thumbdown: :pir-sceptic:

2 hours ago, m0repotter said:

also, to the person above who said we “already got the basilisk”.... but did we really??? :thumbdown: :pir-sceptic:

I am not sure what your question is? There is buildable Basilisk in Great Hall set. Also one in Hogwarts Castle. 

It’s really weird to see it in random sets like Great Hall.  There should be Chamber of Secret with new Basilisk mold.

3 hours ago, m0repotter said:

For US fans, whileB&N may not have MBOM GWP online, I’ve found a few around me (East Coast) that have them in stores! It’s worth a phone call!! 

Wow thank you for this post, I went to my local B&N after seeing this and they have a bunch of them! East Coast as well, Maryland specifically. $25 each. There’s no limit on quantity you can buy either. I bought two, I wanted more than one but obviously didn’t want to deprive anyone else of their opportunity to pick it up so two was a good compromise. There were certainly plenty there, at least 8

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Yeah Durmstrang Ship really isn’t a necessity imo but they did do Beauxbatons Carriage and that was a really nice set. Nobody ever talks about the maze and nothing really goes on in it, and the Rise of Voldemort covered the climax of the GoF extremely well for $20. All I want from that movie is the Second Task and it wouldn’t even have to be a big set. It could easily be in the $60 range with a pier build and the seaweed stalks. Toss in Shark Krum, Gilly Harry, Gabriella, Ron, Hermione, and a couple mermaids and you’re all set. The second task, Gringott’s, Chamber of Secrets, and a PS Hogwarts extension that covers the climax of that film is all I really want from Lego HP at this point. Oh and some more Lockhart variants won’t hurt either ?

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wow thank you for this post, I went to my local B&N after seeing this and they have a bunch of them! East Coast as well, Maryland specifically. $25 each. There’s no limit on quantity you can buy either. I bought two, I wanted more than one but obviously didn’t want to deprive anyone else of their opportunity to pick it up so two was a good compromise. There were certainly plenty there, at least 8

You’re welcome!!

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not sure what your question is? There is buildable Basilisk in Great Hall set. Also one in Hogwarts Castle. 

It’s really weird to see it in random sets like Great Hall.  There should be Chamber of Secret with new Basilisk mold.

I meant Bc the buildable Basilisk was so off scale / unrecognizable that it’s almost like we didn’t really get a satisfactory version of it :pir-bawling:

10 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I meant Bc the buildable Basilisk was so off scale / unrecognizable that it’s almost like we didn’t really get a satisfactory version of it :pir-bawling:

I guess we can just say that the GH version was the Basilisk's younger brother Meh-silisk :wink: Horrible pun, I know :laugh_hard:

On a cautiously optimistic note, one of my local Barnes & Noble stores is having the MBOM sent to their store here from another store out of state for me.  Will know in about a week if it actually arrives.  A few days ago after the pre-Black Friday fiasco of no decent sets in stock to get it as a GWP I was resigned to the possibility of never being able to get it at all.  Now they'll probably end up offering it as a GWP at LEGO S@H after we all buy it from Barnes & Noble.

Just now, karrit said:

On a cautiously optimistic note, one of my local Barnes & Noble stores is having the MBOM sent to their store here from another store out of state for me.  Will know in about a week if it actually arrives.  A few days ago after the pre-Black Friday fiasco of no decent sets in stock to get it as a GWP I was resigned to the possibility of never being able to get it at all.  Now they'll probably end up offering it as a GWP at LEGO S@H after we all buy it from Barnes & Noble.

Nice, good luck, I hope you get it!

24 minutes ago, karrit said:

So I guess I have all the MBOM tea... (also don’t quote me on this or get mad if it doesn’t happen) but I went into Lego store yesterday to ask them about it Bc I was still pretty pissed about the B&N GWP going out of stock so quickly and they kind of hinted at to me that it would be a LEGO GWP for January... like they slipped up basically and were like “wait you know about that??” But when they realized I was talking about B&N tried to cover themselves while still hinting at it to me... they basically said “don’t worry about not having gotten it...” cryptically :dwacko::wub_drool:

2 hours ago, m0repotter said:

So I guess I have all the MBOM tea... (also don’t quote me on this or get mad if it doesn’t happen) but I went into Lego store yesterday to ask them about it Bc I was still pretty pissed about the B&N GWP going out of stock so quickly and they kind of hinted at to me that it would be a LEGO GWP for January... like they slipped up basically and were like “wait you know about that??” But when they realized I was talking about B&N tried to cover themselves while still hinting at it to me... they basically said “don’t worry about not having gotten it...” cryptically :dwacko::wub_drool:

To me thematically it does make sense for MBOM to appear at LEGO stores and LEGO S@H when the Hogwarts Moments books are released. Because they're all books.

8 hours ago, m0repotter said:

they kind of hinted at to me that it would be a LEGO GWP for January...

5 hours ago, Salix said:

To me thematically it does make sense for MBOM to appear at LEGO stores and LEGO S@H when the Hogwarts Moments books are released. Because they're all books.

Would make sense and maybe I can get two for one if I am forced to buy the new modular on day one to get the GWP car:shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, Salix said:

It makes perfetly sense. Buy all 4 and get book of moster for free

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I guess we can just say that the GH version was the Basilisk's younger brother Meh-silisk :wink: Horrible pun, I know :laugh_hard:

I agree! :) 

Let’s wait and see about potential set Chamber of Secrets.  I 

Also, i forgot about Battle at Ministry of Magic to add to wishlist! Fountain area is a perfect for duel between Dumbeldore and Voldemort, along with the possessed Harry. Also, throw in Yaxley who chases after the disgusted Harry, Herimone and Ron after getting a locket from Umbridge in DH movie. 

53 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree! :) 

Let’s wait and see about potential set Chamber of Secrets.  I 

Also, i forgot about Battle at Ministry of Magic to add to wishlist! Fountain area is a perfect for duel between Dumbeldore and Voldemort, along with the possessed Harry. Also, throw in Yaxley who chases after the disgusted Harry, Herimone and Ron after getting a locket from Umbridge in DH movie. 

I think that ministry of magic or hogmeads will be big set for 2022. I dont see any option for set for 299$ +

If anyone has seen the images of some of the new Ninjago sets on Instagram the set 71746 Jungle Dragon .. for some reason ( and I know it’s the wrong colour ) it reminded me of the Zouwu from Fantastic Beasts .. I’d love to see a Zouwu set ?

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Would make sense and maybe I can get two for one if I am forced to buy the new modular on day one to get the GWP car:shrug_oh_well:

off topic but what’s this about a GWP car??

39 minutes ago, Northoftheborder said:

There was a LEGO Ideas contest for a future GWP some time ago, this was the winner: 

LEGO Ideas Vintage Car

On 12/4/2020 at 1:30 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Aside from the quite popular idea to combine it with the Second Task they could include some characters like Rita Skeeter and Barty Crouch Sr just to spice things up. Maybe throw in Amos Diggory as well so we have most of the sidecharacters from GoF :shrug_oh_well:

This would be a sure fire way for me to get the Ship. I’m not a huge LEGO ship buyer, so unless the minifgs were stellar for whatever the price would be, it would likely be a pass for me. 

I'm still hoping for a Karkaroff minifigure as well as Rita Skeeter. But as I don't have a huge budget I'm not the biggest advocate for a new Durmstrang ship.

Amos Diggory would be a fun character to get, maybe if they do another Bricktober, as idk if they'd include him in a set (or cmf).

Even though I’m not big on ships, the Durmstrang one is beautiful and I’d love to see how they pull it off, I hate the original one but their standards have changed so much. 

9 hours ago, Northoftheborder said:

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There was a LEGO Ideas contest for a future GWP some time ago, this was the winner:

It was last year I think and most likely it will be a GWP with the next modular building in January. So far this is just speculation on my part, but the time and timing makes most sense :shrug_oh_well:

I believe I have said it before, but I do not think a second task with the ship is likely at all :sceptic: Why make one set when they can make two and they need every set they can think of too feed this theme in the coming years :wink:
I am sure we will see both in due time , but they are not high on my wish-list especially the ship so I hope they do not take any spots next year:shrug_oh_well:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I believe I have said it before, but I do not think a second task with the ship is likely at all :sceptic: Why make one set when they can make two and they need every set they can think of too feed this theme in the coming years :wink:
I am sure we will see both in due time , but they are not high on my wish-list especially the ship so I hope they do not take any spots next year:shrug_oh_well:

It's pretty difficult to determine what would be the better decision from a business pov. Ofc it would make more sense to sell them as 2 seperate sets but on the other hand there are a lot of people (not just here on EB) who have already said that they're not sure if they'd even buy a set that's just the Durmstrang ship. I think the ship can do well on it's on but exactly how well will completely depend on the minifigure selection, if that isn't great I can't see that set selling well :shrug_oh_well:

I'm personally more than open for a Durmstrang ship set as I love the design and it'll look great next to the Beauxbatons Carriage but I definetely don't want it next year, more like 2022/2023. 

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

there are a lot of people (not just here on EB) who have already said that they're not sure if they'd even buy a set that's just the Durmstrang ship. I think the ship can do well on it's on but exactly how well will completely depend on the minifigure selection, if that isn't great I can't see that set selling well :shrug_oh_well:

If it is similar to the old version I do not think many will buy it :tongue: However it most likely will look great like almost everything else in this theme probably closer in detail to the barracuda bay ship and kids love ships like that so I am sure it will sell :shrug_oh_well:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

but I definetely don't want it next year, more like 2022/2023. 

Me too and with all the ships that came this year it makes more sense to wait :classic:

I would love a Durmstrang ship! I never had the original and I would love to see what they could do with modern engineering. like others have said that think it’s best to save it for another year or two because we have that big creator ship on shelves right now.

I like the Durmstrang student outfits and the ship design is really ornate and different to most pirate ships they have made in the past.

I have recently had a think about which minifigures to go where and this is what I came up with:

Igor, Krum, extra student (all in their thick dark coats), Barty Crouch Sir, and a merperson all in the ship set. A side build would be a viewing platform. It would also make sense to include a Dumbledore, Moody, Amos Diggory perhaps.

Then have a separate $30-$40 ‘lake task’ set: Fleur, Cedric, Cho, Gabrielle and another merperson or two with the ruins. 

Finaly in a CMF: Lake task versions of Harry (flesh flippers), Krum (shark head), Ron and Hermione with new grindylows. Rita and Igor in his white ‘arrival’ coat with a new hat mould also in the CMF.

Edited by Bugbot20082