Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/23/2020 at 8:37 AM, nodakcollector said:

Didn't see this posted (but may have missed it).

Barnes and Noble has the Monster Book of Monsters set as a GWP of $75 of Harry Potter Lego sets in the US

On 11/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, karrit said:

Besides the deal being "Online Only" most of the newer sets are temporarily out of stock online and also not available for Buy online, pick-up in store despite the stores actually showing them in stock.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, droobles said:

Yeah, this is very frustrating... Does anyone know if these sold out today once the promo went live or if it has been that way for a while?

Is there any hope the new stuff comes back in stock while the promo is live?

FYI, here is a better direct link to the promo page: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/free-lego-harry-potter-book-of-monsters

According to The Harry Potter Lego section of Barnes and Noble (US) it appears the Monster Book of Monsters Set is sold out now. Does anyone know if this will be at Lego.com at all in the future? 

It's been sold out at Barnes & Noble for 2 days now.  I hope it becomes available from other sources besides the Discovery Centers at some point but if not I'm not going to go crazy trying to get it.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did anyone else recently get a LEGO HP advertisement on Instagram featuring this Hedwig build?

20201128_002610.jpg

No, but I’ve gotten a majestic and marvelous black dragon, similar to the maleficent one.

I love the book designs and builds and the list of sets coming in 2021 looks to be absolutely awesome! I have been getting caught up on this string as I took a bit of a break after DA dropped. Joining in on the speculation of exactly what the sets will be... I am desparetly hoping to see a Ministry of Magic set.  The central hallway with flu network, Prophecy room, Room with the mirror, main lobby area and with a little luck the entrances via toilet or phone booth.  This could easily be one of the bigger ticket items.  I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did anyone else recently get a LEGO HP advertisement on Instagram featuring this Hedwig build?

Looks amazing :sweet:

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

No, but I’ve gotten a majestic and marvelous black dragon, similar to the maleficent one.

Show us:))

4 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

This something that I've wanted as well since the initial HP reboot wave came out!
If they won't do it for a CoS or PS set, your idea for Gringotts sounds like something I could see happening.

5 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

I am desparetly hoping to see a Ministry of Magic set.  The central hallway with flu network, Prophecy room, Room with the mirror, main lobby area and with a little luck the entrances via toilet or phone booth.  This could easily be one of the bigger ticket items.  I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

I Believe that Ministry of Magic or Hogsmeade will be 300 dollars set in 2021, anything smaller will be disappointing and i dont see any other possibility for big set than these 2 options. About the underlevel set. Gringotts probably can be done in same way like castle (no scale) because there are CoS and all the stuff. I think that bank without Bellatrix vault, cart and probably also harrys vault havent sense at all.... About Hogwarts adjustment i think that legos basic idea is that all sets will fit together on the end. Even tha chamber of need is ready for connect. So idea about CoS not make sense for me here. BUT i love the idea :))

8 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  

While I'd personally love something like this I highly doubt they'll do that. Making a Gringotts' cave set like that pretty much 'forces' consumers to buy the $400 DA set as it won't look complete without it. I get that the idea is a take on the current Hogwarts system but I don't think involving a $400 set in such a system is a good idea. 

CMF S21 has a female centaur in case someone wants to populate their Forbidden Forest

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

CMF S21 has a female centaur in case someone wants to populate their Forbidden Forest

Oh that's cool! Definetely getting a couple of those!

The CMF 21 violin player may do for the cello player in the Weird Sisters too, otherwise not much for HP fans this series. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think it is in another colour as well so that would be great for the herd in the FF :sweet:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Awesome to see that, but what torso would you use for customs? Maybe parts from Apache from Batman CMF

This also shows that it is possible in a future HPCMF we could get a Firenze figure after all, something which I had in my wish lists but a few people doubted because of the size of that part. 

On a side note I absolutely love the new hermit crab :D one of my favourite creatures 

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, the torso is a little bit too LOTR. Wish she was more mythology looking

I just want to go on record and say there’s no such thing as too LOTR

On 11/28/2020 at 12:15 PM, Robert8 said:

Yeah, the torso is a little bit too LOTR. Wish she was more mythology looking

On 11/29/2020 at 5:24 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just want to go on record and say there’s no such thing as too LOTR

Haha, I can see some LotR in there. 

I’m thinking of getting two of the HP centaur bodies/heads & just switching up the hairpieces.

I would rather to see same lake ppl. Still miss the set from 2nd quest from GoF

19 hours ago, KA1 said:

I would rather to see same lake ppl. Still miss the set from 2nd quest from GoF

I really want that set to happen too, but I doubt it’s coming next year. It’s a chance for LEGO to finally give Fleur, Cedric and Krum their own face prints. 

EDIT: I forgot Fleur has a new one already, unless that was originally intended for Phoebe :snicker:

Edited by Otherworld

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

I really want that set to happen too, but I doubt it’s coming next year. It’s a chance for LEGO to finally give Fleur, Cedric and Krum their own face prints. 

Btw Fleurs sister has alternative sleeping face.. it could be sign that this set will come.. What about like a part of the boat set? 

Sad the Barnes & Noble GWP sold out so quickly :pir-bawling: I wish these special sets wouldn’t receive the treatment they always do (we’ve been done dirty with Diagon Alley GWP, Bricktober minifigures) but that’s par for the course by now with lego lol. Didn’t expect so many sets for 2021! My wallet is not ready :pir-huzzah1:

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Sad the Barnes & Noble GWP sold out so quickly :pir-bawling: I wish these special sets wouldn’t receive the treatment they always do (we’ve been done dirty with Diagon Alley GWP, Bricktober minifigures) but that’s par for the course by now with lego lol. Didn’t expect so many sets for 2021! My wallet is not ready :pir-huzzah1:

They probably will launch this gwp in europe too. I hope:) i was licenced for europe too:)

I really hope there’s going to be another way to get the MBOM. The B&N promo was a disaster honestly. They didn’t have any sets in stock during the entire promotion that crossed the $75 threshold