Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

It looks like in the Potions set, there is a new piece where I only can find the english word Chambranle for. It has also a new glass in black with a rounded top for it. For this set they made a sticker with the words Potassa Carbonate on it.

I think it's looking good and I hope it will be used more in future sets.

3 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

In the Herbology set, do Cedric and Neville have their respective house ties printed underneath those ear-muffs? 

Neither official pictures nor reviews have shown us what's underneath the earmuffs so we don't know yet.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Neither official pictures nor reviews have shown us what's underneath the earmuffs so we don't know yet.

Ashnflash just showed it in his video. It's shows the very top of the tie, but shows no house colors.

So it can work for any house, which I think is for the better. It's bad enough waiting for regular style house robes for each house, glad we don't have to add Herbology robes to the list.

Edited by strangely

20 hours ago, Seaber said:

I really like the look of these classrooms, but can't quite justify over £100 on them so will wait for a sale, even if it's only a few quid. Would like the see the Herbology students without the earmuffs though. 

I may save the big stickers for use on other pieces though. 

I agree with everything you say. Some of the big stickers look great, but would fit better on a Hogwarts building, rather than a large book piece.

The designer of among other things; Ninjago city; Nick Vas has joined the Harry Potter team. He has designed the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff books and is depicted on the portrait sticker in the former. Hopefully he will have the chance of creating a new building in DA in the future :wink:

15 hours ago, Wout said:

It looks like in the Potions set, there is a new piece where I only can find the english word Chambranle for. It has also a new glass in black with a rounded top for it. For this set they made a sticker with the words Potassa Carbonate on it.

I think it's looking good and I hope it will be used more in future sets.

That rounded doorframe (I think that's what you're on about) isn't new - it's been around since last year, mostly in Disney sets. I believe it is new in this colour though. Same for the grey rounded window inside it - that's only been available in trans-clear before.

I loved watching @Ashnflash’s reviews of the new Hogwarts Moments sets. These look so much better than I expected and that McGonagall minifig is probably my new favorite next to the CMF Dumbledore with Fawkes.

But, at the risk of sounding like Hermione, I die a little inside every time Ash says “Levgardium Leviosa.” He does it in every one of the review videos! It’s “WINgardium LeviOsa”, Ash! Not “LEVgardium LeviosA”! :laugh_hard:

Edited by sebastian666

On his Instagram stories, Lego fan and moc designer builtbycalvin (he made the huge basilisk moc) shared a picture of the official Lego instagram account commenting on his post from today. His post was day 3 of this years advent calendar (mini durmstrang ship) and Lego commented "It's always a good time when the sons of Durmstrang show up to the Yule Ball!" I could be reaching and this could be nothing, but this did feel like a "wink-wink" from Lego. 

3 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

On his Instagram stories, Lego fan and moc designer builtbycalvin (he made the huge basilisk moc) shared a picture of the official Lego instagram account commenting on his post from today. His post was day 3 of this years advent calendar (mini durmstrang ship) and Lego commented "It's always a good time when the sons of Durmstrang show up to the Yule Ball!" I could be reaching and this could be nothing, but this did feel like a "wink-wink" from Lego. 

Thats cool info, sounds like one of the dream comes true. After that i need only Chamber of secrects and hogmeads and i am OK:)))

4 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

I wouldn't look into it too much, LEGO's social media team don't know anything about future products.

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't look into it too much, LEGO's social media team don't know anything about future products.

You are the most negative person on this forum??

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

Nah, he‘s right :laugh: Social media posts, activity books and the like generally do not provide hints about upcoming sets :classic: Even if the social media team was informed about future releases this far in advance (which isn‘t necessarily the case), they‘re not supposed to share that kind of information.

Feel free to speculate, but those are definitely not hints :purrr:

Yup, everything lego-freak said. Community managers don’t need to know about upcoming sets until the release date is near (because they plan their posts in advance, like a month or two maybe?) They surely have meetings or are constantly given new info. Maybe it works differently for a top company like lego though. :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, KA1 said:

Just because he points out reality doesn't make him negative. Honestly I really hope we don't get a Durmstrang ship it seems to me like a complete waste of a slot next year that could be used for Hogsmeade, the battle of Hogwarts or Gringotts which is what I want to fill the $120,$130, and $250 slots not a ship that has 3 seconds of being shown in the movie I will say in 2022 it could have a lot of potential for a second task set but in that with 500-600 pieces for the boat and like another 300-400 pieces for the task but it doesn't belong in the 2021 wave which should (I say this out of opinion not trying to be a fake leaker here) be based on the deathly hallows not the GoF.

16 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I really hope we don't get a Durmstrang ship it seems to me like a complete waste of a slot next year

Agreed. I‘d like to see it getting remade at some point, just not next summer. For now, the mini version from the AC shall suffice :purrr:

Obviously there's more to Lego than the figures, but I feel like a Durmstrang ship would struggle to have interesting enough figures. Aside from Karkaroff (who to be fair is a must at some point in the line) and Krum (who's really been in too many sets already given how boring the character is, but as a Triwizard Champion is bound to turn up again and who would be a draw for the Durmstrang ship) who is there? Faceless Durmstrang students would have limited interest especially for casual fans. Perhaps some uncommon Hogwarts students? I seem to recall Nigel was among the crowd gathered to watch the ship arriving at Hogwarts - perhaps he'd be a good fit!

6 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Obviously there's more to Lego than the figures, but I feel like a Durmstrang ship would struggle to have interesting enough figures. Aside from Karkaroff (who to be fair is a must at some point in the line) and Krum (who's really been in too many sets already given how boring the character is, but as a Triwizard Champion is bound to turn up again and who would be a draw for the Durmstrang ship) who is there? Faceless Durmstrang students would have limited interest especially for casual fans. Perhaps some uncommon Hogwarts students? I seem to recall Nigel was among the crowd gathered to watch the ship arriving at Hogwarts - perhaps he'd be a good fit!

I quite liked the idea of a Durmstrang ship set combined with the Second Task, you could get loads of interesting figures that way 

28 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Aside from the quite popular idea to combine it with the Second Task they could include some characters like Rita Skeeter and Barty Crouch Sr just to spice things up. Maybe throw in Amos Diggory as well so we have most of the sidecharacters from GoF :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Guyon2002

I'd love to get a durmstrang ship at some point but it's probably at the bottom of large HP sets I would want. I would prioritize Gringotts, battle of Hogwarts, PS challenges, chamber of secrets, Grimmauld Place, and even a larger OOTP castle extension over the Durmstrang ship/second task set. I also think it might be good to save it until the first task and carriage set are out of production.

Dang - the Monster Book of Monsters popped up for sale on Barnes and Noble's online site for $24.99 an hour ago, but immediately sold out... I just hope this makes its way to shop at home at some point. 

I'm annoyed with myself because I looked at the Barnes & Noble website earlier today but I failed to check out Page 2 of the Harry Potter Stuff.  I also did do a search for "Monster Book of Monsters" but it returned over 2000 items so I didn't look beyond the second page.  Guess I should have added "lego" as part of my search.  The in store search option turns up nothing available within at least 100 miles of me.

Brickset's review of the Herbology Classroom shows the student minifigs don't show the necktie colour, it's obscured by the Herbology overalls. It sucks that there is no Hufflepuff jumper to go with the other three houses (even with the inaccurate house crests), but at least these torsos can be used for ANY house taking Herbology, unlike the Gryffindor specific one we got with Neville in the first CMF.

9 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Brickset's review of the Herbology Classroom shows the student minifigs don't show the necktie colour, it's obscured by the Herbology overalls. It sucks that there is no Hufflepuff jumper to go with the other three houses (even with the inaccurate house crests), but at least these torsos can be used for ANY house taking Herbology, unlike the Gryffindor specific one we got with Neville in the first CMF.

That's a good choice imo. The Herbology outfits are less massable than the normal jumpers anyway so this makes it easier to make some varied classes :grin: Maybe those who already have a bunch of CMF Neville torso's can use the 2020 earmuffs to cover up the Gryffindor tie? :shrug_oh_well:

I think Durstrang Ship + Second Task set is a cool idea along with Rita Skeeter, Barry Crouch Sr, and some more. But I actually hope we would get Gringotts Bank (Diagon Alley won’t be a magical alley without that famous bank, ya know!), Hogsmeade, Shrieking Shack, Grimmewald Place, Forbbidden Corrdior (Fluffy, please!), Challneges to Stop the mysterious thief (turnout to be Prof Quirrel/Voldemor).

However, I am not sure about Third Task... I mean, look at how massive maze it is. And walls have to be made of plant pieces and have to be “interchange” sections. I don’t think it would be more interesting in Lego form? We already have a duel at graveyard between Harry and Voldemort (but it’s not counted as a part of Third Task, tho...).

So far we have magical creatures - Buckbeak, Baslisik, Fawkes, Niffler, Thersal, Pegasus, Hungarian Horntail. 

We have magical (almost) humanoid forms - Gwaps, Centaurs, Dementors. Griphook (Goblins), Fenrir Greyback (werewolf but does we have werewolf Lupin?).

So all we we are waiting for are - Merpeople, Ukrainian Ironbelly, Boggars (in any form from that wardrobe from PoA), Fluffy, Cornish Pixies (from CoS), Troll (from PS/SS). I am not sure if i forgot something? And do we have more ghosts? I think we get Moaning Myrtle so far? 

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

However, I am not sure about Third Task... I mean, look at how massive maze it is. And walls have to be made of plant pieces and have to be “interchange” sections. I don’t think it would be more interesting in Lego form? We already have a duel at graveyard between Harry and Voldemort (but it’s not counted as a part of Third Task, tho...).

Unless they based it on the books I agree that a Third Task set wouldn't be interesting at all. I'd be fine if we just get Fleur and Krum in their outfits and that's it :shrug_oh_well: