Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Not a fan of the Harry Potter lego arts. I was expecting colourful for some reason. I think the books are cool though so something new to get in January. 

10 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Not a fan of the Harry Potter lego arts. I was expecting colourful for some reason. I think the books are cool though so something new to get in January. 

I agree they ended up a little bland, I expected it to be way more colorful

Could someone please clarify - are these school crest art sets supposed to be part of the winter wave or are we already getting leaks from the summer wave? These will be the first four HP sets I skip since 2018, but I am excited for the summer 2022 leaks to start popping up! Thanks.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Could someone please clarify - are these school crest art sets supposed to be part of the winter wave or are we already getting leaks from the summer wave? These will be the first four HP sets I skip since 2018, but I am excited for the summer 2022 leaks to start popping up! Thanks.

These are part of the winter wave for LEGO Art. They're based on Harry Potter but don't have anything to do with the HP theme itself.

21 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Wasn't quite sure what you meant by "house"?

• Shell Cottage
  • Lovegood House
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Bathilda Bagshot's home
  • etc:classic:

Yeah these art sets are pretty bad - not nearly as nice as the Iron Man and Star Wars ones. The HP art is super bland in comparison to those. Good thing that means more money saved for other sets :laugh:

On 11/19/2020 at 2:19 AM, Seaber said:

I must admit I don't quite understand this argument. So far I think you could make the case that the Beauxbaton's Carriage was a little left field and the Hedwig large scale creature isn't for everyone, but that's only two £35 sets in two different waves.

Apart from the Horntail set which I think most people agree was the weakest of the line so far, I'd say all sets were really high quality and also 'key'.

If there is a new wave in 2022, I suppose the inclusion of Privet Drive in the 2020 wave could be seen as premature as the Ford Anglia was present in two sets on the shelves at once. Otherwise I think the balance has been pretty good. 

Hedwig and the BB carriage are completely separate issues. 

The carriage didn't feel like it was taking away space from anything else. I think the Shrieking shack (or anything from homemade) would've been nice to get and I'm sure everyone here has a set or two they really want to see from POA/GOF but if LEGO never released any more sets from those films I think we would have a solid assortment that accurately represents the major points of those films. While the theme of other schools coming to Hogwarts was already represented in the clock tower set (and to an extent the horntail set) the carriage isn't taking away from anything. It also helps that the only other throwaway sets that year were an advent calendar and the BYOA book so 2019 wasn't too frustrating or expensive for people trying to collect everything. 

The hedwig set was released at the same time as an expensive D2C, a minifigure wave, various minor releases (book with minifigure/polybag/accessory pack/brickheads GWP/advent calendar), and only a few months before an art set and an entire wave of buildable books (plus another GWP). It's yet another minor release in a year that didn't really need minor releases at all. One wave, a giant D2C and a minifigure wave would've been enough for 2020. 

Hedwig however is unique among all those other side releases in that it is part of the main wave. I have no issue with a buildable creature taking up a slot in the summer wave the same way I have no issue with a set from a previous film taking up a slot in the summer wave as long as the main films are well represented. I don't think the main films were well represented this year. HBP could've used an inferi cave set (or anything to represent Harry and Dumbledore's search for horrocrux) but I think what we have for that film is fine. I don't think we have a solid representation of OOTP though. Looking at US prices OOTP has $50 worth of sets, PS/COS have around $150, and POA/GOF/HBP have around $200. I'm not sure that balance could be considered "pretty good". If this is what the balance is like while the line has a 2 movies per year structure I think it will get even worse when that structure is lost. 

On 11/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Otherworld said:

They could do her GoF appeareance, Ginny’s wavy hair kinda fits TBH. I just don’t know where they’d put it...

On 11/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, krimimimi said:

I wouldn't count on it. I can't think of major scenes with her in later films beyond getting fired by Umbridge, and I doubt they'd make a set of it. (The last time Trelawney appeared was a generic castle set from third year (think of the scene where Hermione quits the class in PoA and Harry has the Grimm), and we're sort of past third year now in the current wave.) 

Have you tried bricklink?

Thank you both for answering :) I ccompletely forgot about Bricklink, that might be the best solution.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, KA1 said:

Hi, i dont think so. If they will make any sets from the past it will be Boat or chambers of secret. She had bigger role in third book and we have lot of sets from this. Btw da se sehnat za 200kc..:)

Thanks for answering as well.  (Nevíte, kde, prosím? Nemůžu najít)

39 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Thank you both for answering :) I ccompletely forgot about Bricklink, that might be the best solution.

Thanks for answering as well.  (Nevíte, kde, prosím? Nemůžu najít)

Lets try facebook marketplace or bazos or sbazar. I bought lot of my sets through these websites. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new City town center set looks to have a new labrador piece. Could work for Fang as well!

That would be Fangtastic. :wink:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new City town center set looks to have a new labrador piece. Could work for Fang as well!

While I‘d prefer a specific mastiff mould, the new labrador mould might work too :thumbup: I just love how many dog moulds we have now (wiener, labrador, terrier, French bulldog, English bulldog, shepherd, chihuahua), but there‘s always room for more of course :excited: Mastiff and shiba are definitely on the top of my wishlist. 

...help me, I‘m turning into @Roebuck :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Modal said:

Just saw the HP art sets, wow they are ugly. 

Yeah, I was really hoping they would combine to make the crest.  That said, I can just get one now and not worry about all 4.

1 minute ago, RyanMe said:

Yeah, I was really hoping they would combine to make the crest.  That said, I can just get one now and not worry about all 4.

You can combine them into the crest, we just haven‘t seen it yet :wink: We have to wait for the lifestyle images

I don’t really care about the art set, but neither do I care about any other non-regular minifigure set, to be fair. 

These books have a very classic Harry Potter vibe to them, I’d be more than happy if they could keep that up with the upcoming waves. 

It's so weird to me that the Friends line is introducing curved windows next year when it would have made way more sense to introduce them this year in Diagon Alley.

Hopefully they get recoulored in black pretty quickly, it'd be great to use them on Ollivanders.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I‘d prefer a specific mastiff mould, the new labrador mould might work too :thumbup: I just love how many dog moulds we have now (wiener, labrador, terrier, French bulldog, English bulldog, shepherd, chihuahua), but there‘s always room for more of course :excited: Mastiff and shiba are definitely on the top of my wishlist. 

Don't forget the Husky.  The crest are not my cup of tea, but the books do look nice.  

On 11/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, karrit said:

I like the books but as others have already said I wish that they had chosen some other secondary students to use besides yet another Cho or Cedric.  Wasn't Parvati's sister Padma a Ravenclaw?  I like the new Seamus.

Yeah, I suggested Justin Finch-Fletchley (Hufflepuff and features in CoS).

Yes Padma is a Ravenclaw, for the films she's in Gryffindor though. Idk which house Lego has deemed her though.

I agree with most of the people here, I think the new crest art looks ugly.

Looks like some bad poster art an 11 year old who's trying to be edgy would have.

I don't know why the colours are so muted and just a ton of grey pieces. Tbh I think the art sets are really expensive and kind of boring as a whole.

Hi Guys 

Few weeks ago we discussed what set can come out at summer. Today i finally collect all HP sets since 2018 so prepare list of the sets from the past with my opinion for relaunch.

4695: Mini Harry Potter Knight Bus - Done (2018)

4701: Sorting Hat - Done (2018 in the 11923)

4702: The Final Challenge - This is included in the Great Hall, Also mirror is the part of this set 10% for relaunch

4704: The Room of the Winged Keys - This is included only in Hogwarts Castle, but I think that only way for relaunch is like a part of secret coridor 30%

4705: Snape's Class - Done 2021

4706: Forbidden Corridor - I hope that we gonna get this at 2021 o 2022. Maybe like a merge of more old sets 80%

4707: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4708: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4709: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018

4711: Flying Lesson - Same scene is in the Lego Book Potter vs Malfoy except remeberall. It can be part of any accessories set. 1% for relaunch

4712: Troll on the Loose - I believe that we will see the scene again. My opinion is that this could be part of bigger set with bathrooms. True is that we got minifig of Ursula but still I think that bathroom set maybe with chamber of secret from second side will be great addition to the collection 65%

4714: Gringott's bank - 99% 2021

4719: Quality Quidditch Supplies - Done like the part of Diagon Alley 2020

4720: Knockturn Alley - I believe that this is another set from 2021 summer wave. 90%

4721: Hogwarts Classrooms - Done 2021

4722: Gryffindor House - This is part of many set. My suggestion is 5%

4723: Diagon Alley Shops - Done 2018 and 2020

4726: Quidditch Practice - Done 2018

4727: Aragog in the Dark Forest -Done 2020

4728: Escape from Privet Drive - Done 2020

4729: Dumbledore's Office - I think that this part of the castle is include at actual set. For single relaunch 15%

4730: The Chamber of Secrets - I am pretty sure that we will get this set again same like hidden corridor. 80%

4731: Dobby's Release - We have now both minifigs and also the socks. 0%

4733: The Dueling Club - This is interesting. Maybe like a part of the bigger set but personally I dont think that this set include something interesting. We have all minifigs now so 5%

4735: Slytherin - Same opinion like Gryffindor. One possibility is that they will make similar set like classrooms this year for 2022 with the colleges halls. 5%

4736: Freeing Dobby - Same like 4731

4737: Quidditch Match - Done 2018

4738: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4750: Draco's Encounter with Buckbeak - We already have all part s include the Buckbeak. 1%

4751: Harry and the Marauder's Map - I think that like a single set 0% but this could be part of the another piece of Hogwarts sets. Anyway 20%

4752: Professor Lupin's Classroom - I like this set but we got boggart in 2 sets. So 5% for relaunch

4753: Sirius Black's Escape - Again we have Sirius Buckbeak and Dementors. Nothing more interesting here. 1%

4754: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4755: Knight Bus - Done 2018

4756: Shrieking Shack - Oh man, everyone want this set and Lupin with wolf head:) There is big potential for relaunch. I want more than one version on Lupin, Peter and Sirius. If we dont get this like a single set than Shack will be part of Hogsmeade set which comes for sure in future. 99%

4757: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018 - 2020

4758: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4762: Rescue from the Merpeople - I really love to see this set. I think that we can see this set like the part of Durmstrang ship. 50%

4766: Graveyard Duel - Done 2019

4767: Harry and the Hungarian Horntail - Done 2019

4768: The Durmstrang Ship - I am pretty sure that if we got the beauxbaton arrive we shoud get this set too again. Maybe 2021 summer.

80%

4840: The Burrow - Done 2020

4841: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4842: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018 - 2020 There is Dumbledore so its not “Final battle”

4865: The Forbidden Forest - Done 2020 in better version. This was just Minifigures set for me.

4866: The Knight Bus. -  Done 2018

4867: Hogwarts - Done but we still have not bridge. I am sure that this part of Hogwarts will be in “Final battle” set 2021

5378: Hogwarts Castle - Done. All minifigs we got exclude Testrals. They could be in some “beast packs”

10217: Diagon Alley - Done 2020

Thank you for reading and discuss please 

K1

30 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah, I suggested Justin Finch-Fletchley (Hufflepuff and features in CoS).

Yes Padma is a Ravenclaw, for the films she's in Gryffindor though. Idk which house Lego has deemed her though.

I'd have liked Justin, too. 

Thus far they've avoided saying Parma is one House or another by only releasing one of her, in her dress robes for the Yule Ball. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ff57acc4-2193-4b7f-b09d-5e95f8bf5323#FsaVDRV3Z8.copy
:laugh_hard:

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't we all? :laugh_hard:

:laugh: That is my master-plan to make you all clones so Lego have no choice, but to give us all the animal moulds our harts desire :devil:

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I don’t really care about the art set, but neither do I care about any other non-regular minifigure set, to be fair.

Me neither, but I was planning to buy my first art set :sceptic:

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't know why the colours are so muted and just a ton of grey pieces.

Looks like Hufflepuff do not even get yellow :hmpf_bad:

Nice job, @KA1 Following this through to the present series as @MaxHeadroom was talking about how much the sets from which book had cost, in the same vein I made the following chronological list of sets. (Not by release date, but by when in the books they'd occur based on items / minifigs included in the sets and their prominence. So for instance the Great Hall set is both early (and late) in PS, and (early and) late in CoS based on the boat, Quirrel, the Mirror of Erised, tables that also serve as a duelling stage for the duelling club, and the basilisk.)

Philosopher's Stone - $254 ($210 of which is also from other books / movies)

• 4 Privet Drive - 75968 - PA and CoS $70
  • Harry's Journey to Hogwarts - 30407 - PS $4
  • Hogwarts Great Hall - 75954 - PS and CoS $100
  • Quidditch Match - 75956 - PS $40
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2019 - 75964 - Various Movies (mostly PS and CoS) $40

Chamber Of Secrets - $695 ($610 of which is also from other books / movies)

• 4 Privet Drive - 75968 - PA and CoS $70
  • Diagon Alley - 75978 - CoS and HBP $400
  • Hogwarts Whomping Willow - 75953 - CoS $70
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2019 - 75964 - Various Movies (mostly PS and CoS) $40
  • Hogwarts Great Hall - 75954 - PS and CoS $100
  • Aragog's Lair - 75950 - CoS $15

Prisoner of Azkaban - $200

• The Knight Bus - 75957 - PoA $40
  • Hogwarts Express - 75955 - PoA (although it's really applicable to any of the early movies, as long as Lupin is ignored) $80
  • Expecto Patronum - 75945 - PoA $20
  • Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue - 75947 - PoA $60 

Goblet of Fire - $230

• Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts - 75958 - GoF $50
  • Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge - 75946 - GoF $30
  • Hogwarts Clock Tower - 75948 - GoF $90
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2020 - 75981 - GoF $40
  • The Rise of Voldemort - 75965 - GoF $20

Order of the Phoenix - $50

• Hogwarts Room of Requirement - 75966 - OotP $20
  • Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter - 75967 - OotP $30

Half-Blood Prince - $600 ($400 of which is also from other books / movies)

• Diagon Alley - 75978 - CoS and HBP $400
  • Hogwarts Astronomy Tower - 75969 - HBP $100
  • Attack on the Burrow - 75980 - HBP (and to a lesser degree CoS) $100

Misc.

• Hogwarts Castle (nanoscale) - 71043 - Various Movies (PS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP) $400
  • Diagon Alley (nanoscale) - 40289 - Various Movies, promotional set
  • Harry Potter Minifigure Collection - 5005254 - Various Movies (PS, PoA, OotP, HPB, DH) 
  • Hogwarts Students Accessory Set - 40419 - Various Movies $15
  • Hedwig - 75979 - Various Movies $40
  • Newt's Case of Magical Creatures - 75952 - FBaWtFT $50 
  • Grindelwald's Escape - 75951 - FB:tCoG $20

Obviously once you have enough pieces of the castle, you don't need to purchase something like it for later releases (and that skews the sets from more general at the beginning of a series to more specific later on), but it was interesting (for me at least) to see they'd allocated fairly significant individual budgets for scenes from PoA and GoF, and to a slightly lesser degree HBP, and not much for sets unique to PS or OotP. (I want the darn troll. lol And maybe a Fluffy, if they can do a good job with it.) I thought it was also interesting how much of the budget had already been allocated for CoS (even if we ignore the D2C DA set). I'd greatly underestimated that, and it makes me slightly less hopeful for an actual Chamber of Secrets / Slytherin dungeon set now. (It also makes me wonder if that was such a fan fave as books / movies go...) But off of this I also assume they'll be revisiting OotP in the future as they have the older movies in more recent waves.

Edited by krimimimi

I've only seen the book sets, and by the way I love the inclusion of Flitwick from the first film, so does this mean the other set images can be expected to materialise if they haven't already