Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

That would be interesting, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt of course. I don’t know if I would prefer to see brand new things though. I guess time will tell.. 

🎵Who can say where the theme goes
Where the sets flow, only time🎵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colour me skeptical :tongue: A range of anniversary sets is not unreasonable, but "some guy told me" sounds a bit fishy. And if it's supposed to be a dig at @Guyon2002, he's been a member for a long time and is thus trustworthy :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the rationale behind the Glow-in-the-Dark Snape from the original run of sets? In daylight the figure looks odd up against the rest of the cast (especially during the yellow-heads era of Licensed Sets when it first came out) and I can't think of a scene in books or films where Snape ever lights up. It's among a number of gripes I have with the minifigures of the early Harry Potter sets (along with a distaste for the main trio's head patterns and the hair moulds used for Ron and Harry) which almost make me glad I missed out on a chunk of them at the time - almost, because Lego is Lego and I got so few sets during the era that having more Harry Potter would have meant having more Lego.

In any case, I'm immensely glad for the modern range of sets. IMO, the 2018+ minifigures are almost without exception better than their predecessors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me just say that I have already shared all the Potter info we currently have, this time I don't have to keep my mouth shut when it comes to this theme :tongue: It's pretty rare that we get prices and setnumbers this soon so I highly doubt anyone who's not directly involved in the designing/manufacturing process knows what they are. 

Whatever hate he carries towards me is something I just choose to ignore but the fact he has been banned since making this latest post says a lot about how believable the information is :sceptic:

It's also worth mentioning that I appreciate you guys sticking up for me :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wasn’t Kingsley’s Patronus a lynx in the books?

Ah yeah. Proving my point how the films ignored the corporeal patronuses forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been thinking how LEGO might do do Bill’s Wedding in a set and come up with this format, what do you guys think?:

$30 set: Half a tent (open back along the long length). Includes the entrance, wedding cake and two drinks tables.

Figures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Death Eater 

 

Then to complete the characters with lines in the scene:

CMF figure: Xenophilius Lovegood (wedding outfit) & Quibbler (DH edition) 

Advent Calendar: Harry (with snitch) Ron (with invitation) Hermione (with bag), Elphias Doge, Aunt Muriel (uses the same hat at the CMF Calamity Drone), Luna Lovegood

Builds include chairs, more tables and lamps, other decorations for the wedding scene. Micro Burrow also included 

 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Otherworld said:

 

🎵Who can say where the theme goes
Where the sets flow, only time🎵

:grin: Nice one, Enya :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon.de currently has a promo which gives you a 15% discount on top of other discounts with LEGO purchases. All you have to do is abuse the Kids' Wish List and hope the sets you want are still available. I ended up getting the Knight Bus and the Baryonyx set from Jurassic World for 61 euro total (which is essentially the same as getting the Jurassic set with a small discount and the KB for free :grin:).

It does take some time but all you have to do is follow these steps: 

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego/15-korting-bij-amazon-de-op-nagenoeg-alle-lego-sets-en-ander-speelgoed/

It's a Dutch tutorial but throwing it in Translate works fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Amazon.de currently has a promo which gives you a 15% discount on top of other discounts with LEGO purchases. 

It's a Dutch tutorial but throwing it in Translate works fine 

Did this on the UK site during Prime day and got Hagrid's Hut for £24. Couldn't resist. :excited:

What I will say is you do have to wait the 24 hours for some things to start working and the discount being applied. However, whilst most Lego will work after 24 hours, Grievous' Starfighter is stubbornly refusing to work with this promo on the UK website, so that just adds insult to injury when it comes to that set. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it has been talked about before but I see that there is quite a bit of difficulty, at least in Spain, with the stock of the burrow, in stores like Toys R Us among others it is not even sold online, and in Lego.com it is difficult to find it available, and when it is available the limit is 1.


Do you think that this product would start to be manufactured later than the rest of the wave and that is why there are even fewer stock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my hands on the Build Your Own Adventure book today. The first thing I did was rig the sorting hat so we're ensured a more equal representation of the houses in the future.

small-min.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EtelEnzos said:

I don't know if it has been talked about before but I see that there is quite a bit of difficulty, at least in Spain, with the stock of the burrow, in stores like Toys R Us among others it is not even sold online, and in Lego.com it is difficult to find it available, and when it is available the limit is 1.
Do you think that this product would start to be manufactured later than the rest of the wave and that is why there are even fewer stock?

The pandemic limited LEGO's production capacity for a few months (don't know if that's back on track) but they had a ton of out-of-stock sets to produce. The Burrow is selling extremely well, every time it comes back in stock it's gone within a few hours. At the moment it probably has something to do with high demand and low supply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Phyranion said:

I got my hands on the Build Your Own Adventure book today. The first thing I did was rig the sorting hat so we're ensured a more equal representation of the houses in the future.

small-min.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally this year I am hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes, we have the jumpers with the house colours on, so now we are just missing the robes.  Maybe even a Roger Davies in Ravenclaw or Quidditch robes.  I also think Lego is going to have to start making up parts to the castle (at least on the outside anyway) so we can get all the rooms on the inside as there is still so much more to fit in, interior wise, including a fat lady door.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Personally this year I am hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes, we have the jumpers with the house colours on, so now we are just missing the robes.  Maybe even a Roger Davies in Ravenclaw or Quidditch robes.  I also think Lego is going to have to start making up parts to the castle (at least on the outside anyway) so we can get all the rooms on the inside as there is still so much more to fit in, interior wise, including a fat lady door.:laugh:

Agreed with the robes! They could make another student pack with the short ones from the DA set, I hope they would be brave enough to not put Harry in it again, even random nameless students would be welcome to customise figures 

I had an idea the other day that Lego could make more modules of the castle to represent those sections of Hogwarts which changed between the movies as different sets, for example:

DADA tower & Dark Tower for POA, swaps for the Astronomy Tower

Training Grounds Tower complex for PS/CS, perhaps with the PS chambers inside 

That way we get more interior and people can make whichever version of Hogwarts they like by swapping out the buildings :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can definitely see a figure pack based on the first few films, perhaps with short legs but perhaps just with the robes. It would be a good excuse to get Colin Creevey, Ernie Macmillan, Millicent Bulstrode and Penelope Clearwater (or if Lego want to delve into their imaginations perhaps they could give us a Mandy Brocklehurst figure - I believe she has the dubious distinction of being the first Hogwarts student to have her final mention in the books!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I can definitely see a figure pack based on the first few films, perhaps with short legs but perhaps just with the robes. It would be a good excuse to get Colin Creevey, Ernie Macmillan, Millicent Bulstrode and Penelope Clearwater (or if Lego want to delve into their imaginations perhaps they could give us a Mandy Brocklehurst figure - I believe she has the dubious distinction of being the first Hogwarts student to have her final mention in the books!)

Hannah Abbott comes before Mandy :) 

 

I agree with your points though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

Personally I'd rather want 4 complete sets of 7 Quidditch players than Death Eaters. :P Currently it's not easy to get a full roster due to the Quidditch outfits of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff being part of Diagon Alley and not some cheaper set. So I really hope the accessory pack is filled with one member of each house's Quidditch team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

My main Harry Potter layout is focused on Hogwarts itself so I'd personally much rather get a ton more students (preferably with different robes etc) than more Death Eaters. My secondary layout is DA so I also have a limited use for Death Eaters there. Maybe I should consider making something for Malfoy Manor to house Voldy and my DE's  :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seaber said:

Hannah Abbott comes before Mandy :) 

 

I agree with your points though! 

Hannah is in the books after the sorting ceremony (she's actually the only student outside Gryffindor and Slytherin to be mentioned in all seven books) whereas Mandy Brocklehurst literally doesn't turn up again. Of course, this rather rules out any chance of getting her in minifigure form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

Agree! :laugh: It could be Narcissa, random death eather (maybe something like the old Lucius), Tonks (colorful hair) and Harry (they would probably include him) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

Agreed. I have enough students already. Need some figs for diagon alley!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Hannah is in the books after the sorting ceremony (she's actually the only student outside Gryffindor and Slytherin to be mentioned in all seven books) whereas Mandy Brocklehurst literally doesn't turn up again. Of course, this rather rules out any chance of getting her in minifigure form

Ah, gotcha, I misread your post :) Like Lily Moon and Morag MacDougal then (best name in the books) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.