Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So Light My Bricks just added this to their store. Does anyone know how much something like this generally costs? I've never put lighting in my sets before and I'd love to light up my DA but ~150 euro is damn expensive :look:

https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/lego-diagon-alley-75978-light-kit

I've looked it up before and unfortunately all the ones I've seen are just as terribly expensive :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So Light My Bricks just added this to their store. Does anyone know how much something like this generally costs? I've never put lighting in my sets before and I'd love to light up my DA but ~150 euro is damn expensive :look:

https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/lego-diagon-alley-75978-light-kit

I’ve used Light My Bricks in the past and I will say, despite the high price tag, they are by far the best lighting kits on the market. Super well made and easy to follow instructions. Other lighting kits I’ve used have felt so much cheaper. I totally recommend LMB if you want to make DA a serious show piece. I’m probably going to do the same but not until Gringotts and other expansions come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modal said:

I’ve used Light My Bricks in the past and I will say, despite the high price tag, they are by far the best lighting kits on the market. Super well made and easy to follow instructions. Other lighting kits I’ve used have felt so much cheaper. I totally recommend LMB if you want to make DA a serious show piece. I’m probably going to do the same but not until Gringotts and other expansions come out.

Good to know, I’ve been curious about their products but feared the quality would be very fragile, or cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So Light My Bricks just added this to their store. Does anyone know how much something like this generally costs? I've never put lighting in my sets before and I'd love to light up my DA but ~150 euro is damn expensive :look:

https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/lego-diagon-alley-75978-light-kit

Perhaps you could have a crack at making your own? You can get some small LEDs on wire fairly cheaply that are probably suitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About light there’s this site/kistarter of i-Brix of wireless light is very cool and have some options to buy. They don’t have mass production and may take a long time shipping the real product but is something very interesting and probably the best I seen. You can check the Jang video with the prototype.

http://www.i-brix.com/about.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After months of wait, the Hogwarts students acc. set finally arrived.  For some reasons, it took like 2months before it appeared as Available on NZ shop@home.  Nice surprised to see all torsos with different colour tie.  More on my thoughts here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 2:44 AM, Modal said:

With Sesame Street being November 1st, we can expect the next Ideas set in January. I believe the next set number and price is $150, which is most likely the Blacksmith instead of Winnie the Pooh.

Do we know when Hogwarts Castle is retiring?

Aha, I See. Sounds exciting! I hope they do a good job with it. It’s quite big from what I remember so I wouldn’t mind if they made it a little smaller and cheaper but we’ll see!

I don’t think we do. But retirement wasn’t anything to do with my comment, it was just a pattern I noticed about Hogwarts Castle’s prices and I was hoping DA will follow the same sort of pattern and go for £50-£80 off in a year or so’s time. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Has anyone heard anything of the monster book? If it will come out for the rest of the world to?

We haven't heard anything about it since it leaked. I don't think LEGO has ever released a region-exclusive licensed GWP so it should have a worldwide release sometime soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, Guyon2002 said:

We haven't heard anything about it since it leaked. I don't think LEGO has ever released a region-exclusive licensed GWP so it should have a worldwide release sometime soon

Aren't the bricktober sets exclusive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Aren't the bricktober sets exclusive?

They are exclusive to Toys R Us, rather than a specific region. But if you don't have the stores in your region, then it feels like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda curious as to what Patronus you guys would want to get most in future sets. For me it's either Aberforth's goat or my own seal :excited:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For me it's either Aberforth's goat [...] 

Which doesn‘t even appear in the films (or does it)? The patronus he used to repel the horde of dementors certainly didn‘t look like a goat :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] or my own Seal :excited:

But they’re not able to produce trans-clear minifigs *ba-dum-dish* :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which doesn‘t even appear in the films (or does it)? The patronus he used to repel the horde of dementors certainly didn‘t look like a goat 

Well yeah the films made some of the corporeal patronuses less concrete. When we first see Harry's stag patronus it just stand still rather than galloping around. (amazing how the film neglected to mention James Potter was a stag animagus and why him, Sirius and Peter became animagi in the first place).

Also Kingsley's Panther patronus was downgraded to a ball of light in Deathly Hallows.

I think the most likeable animal patronus we are going to see would be Snape's Doe (and/or Lily's of you want) as it was actually seen in the films and mentioned. It could be included in a small set with a tent build, Harry, Ron, the sword of Gryffindor, the doe and maybe a horcrux build with spiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Well yeah the films made some of the corporeal patronuses less concrete. When we first see Harry's stag patronus it just stand still rather than galloping around. (amazing how the film neglected to mention James Potter was a stag animagus and why him, Sirius and Peter became animagi in the first place).

Also Kingsley's Panther patronus was downgraded to a ball of light in Deathly Hallows.

I think the most likeable animal patronus we are going to see would be Snape's Doe (and/or Lily's of you want) as it was actually seen in the films and mentioned. It could be included in a small set with a tent build, Harry, Ron, the sword of Gryffindor, the doe and maybe a horcrux build with spiders.

Wasn’t Kingsley’s Patronus a lynx in the books?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wasn’t Kingsley’s Patronus a lynx in the books?

It is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The winners of the Harry Potter Ideas contest came out today. Thought the grand prize was well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Modal said:

The winners of the Harry Potter Ideas contest came out today. Thought the grand prize was well done!

The grand prize winners model looks fantastic, the other 2 don't really do much for me :sceptic: They're by no means bad but I did see some other models I personally found better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The grand prize winners model looks fantastic, the other 2 don't really do much for me :sceptic: They're by no means bad but I did see some other models I personally found better 

Where can I see the entries? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kinda curious as to what Patronus you guys would want to get most in future sets. For me it's either Aberforth's goat or my own seal :excited:

 

A goat would be great to get the goat mould back in business :wink: A doe is my favorite and it is not unlikely we will get it in a small set either :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

Insert grain of salt here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

Sorry but the info you provided without any context sounds dodgy to be honest. Like looking at your previous posts theyre very anti @Guyon2002 and it seems that cos he has genuine information you wanna jump on the bandwagon

Not trying to spark anything and by all means you do you but pardon some people if they take this with a UCS dobbys sock worth of salt 

Like do you have any info such as set numbers or matching prices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.