Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

However I would have preferred if they only included figs from the house of the teacher in each book instead of putting the Gryffindors in every set as usual:hmpf:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these :shrug_oh_well:

It’s not a big loss anyway in this particular case, I mean which Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw students do we really need apart from the ones we already have? 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these :shrug_oh_well:

Well yeah, sure. But what the hell is Seamus doing here? *huh*

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s not a big loss anyway in this particular case, I mean which Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw students do we really need apart from the ones we already have? 

Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Zacharias Smith and Leanne could be done for Hufflepuff. Missing Ravenclaw students include Roger Davies, Penelope Clearwater, Marcus Belby, Marietta Edgecombe, Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein. And for these names I'm not even using google :tongue:

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these 

You are probably right:shrug_oh_well:
 

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s not a big loss anyway in this particular case, I mean which Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw students do we really need apart from the ones we already have? 

All of them :tongue: I do not say that they should have given us only new students in the sets necessarily, but so far we are missing most of them :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They shoul have put cho or luna in the ravenclaw

Or maybe the patil twins

We also have lavender brown for the sets

Dont need to put hermione ron and harry everywhere in all sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well yeah, sure. But what the hell is Seamus doing here? *huh*

Blowing sh*t up, what else :tongue:

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Zacharias Smith and Leanne could be done for Hufflepuff. Missing Ravenclaw students include Roger Davies, Penelope Clearwater, Marcus Belby, Marietta Edgecombe, Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein. And for these names I'm not even using google :tongue:

Frankly, I don’t care about a single student in that list. None of them did anything of importance and most of them probably didn’t have a single line in the films :laugh: I wouldn’t mind getting them, but not at the expense of more desirable characters

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

All of them :tongue: I do not say that they should have given us only new students in the sets necessarily, but so far we are missing most of them :shrug_confused:

The only missing students on my wishlist are Crabbe and Goyle, any of the rest that happen to show up in future sets are just a bonus to me :shrug_oh_well: Maybe Lee too (mainly for his hairpiece), but that’s about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Juve said:

They shoul have put cho or luna in the ravenclaw

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Frankly, I don’t care about a single student in that list. None of them did anything of importance and most of them probably didn’t have a single line in the films :laugh: I wouldn’t mind getting them, but not at the expense of more desirable characters

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

I meant in general, not in regards to the classroom sets, I should’ve rephrased that a bit :grin: And as I’ve said, we can’t ignore the kids’ perspective here, so desirable to us is not necessarily the same thing as desirable to the target audience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

Yeah I forgot that, still they could have put one of the patil twins or luna there also.

Crabbe and goyle for sure

Lavander Brown or lee jordan 

Ginny could have been in the Gryffindor

 

Does anyone have some good instructions or ideas how to create a more realistic layout for Hogwarts withe the different sets

I dont like the microscale sets

I decided to get the different minifigure sets and just modify them a bit

I dont like the layout lego suggested would rather put Astronomy tower facing the great hall but would also want some rocks beneath any ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're a bit late to the party but for some reason LEGO decided to upload 2 set animations today. One for Privet Drive and one for the Astronomy Tower. Gotta love how Harry's just chilling in his cupboard and then runs to his room :laugh_hard:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're a bit late to the party but for some reason LEGO decided to upload 2 set animations today. One for Privet Drive and one for the Astronomy Tower. Gotta love how Harry's just chilling in his cupboard and then runs to his room :laugh_hard:

love the way in the astronomy tower video Malfoy after lose the potion challenge for harry is going to eat literally shit (chocolate cake)  😂🤣

Edited by Zedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gotta love how Harry's just chilling in his cupboard and then runs to his room :laugh_hard:

Lmao! I love these videos. It also seemed to me Hermione had Luna’s face and Luna had Lavender’s :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only missing students on my wishlist are Crabbe and Goyle, any of the rest that happen to show up in future sets are just a bonus to me :shrug_oh_well: Maybe Lee too (mainly for his hairpiece), but that’s about it 

Same for me, Crabbe and Goyle are the only missing for me to. But Colin would be a great bonus to. 

I don't understand why they didn't put Crabbe or Goyle in the potions set. How can they still ignore such a iconic characters like them :cry_sad:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I am so excited for 2021 LEGO! I’ve only been active since May 2020 lol but too much to be excited about. January alone there’s Gardens of Ninjago City, Lego Ideas Blacksmith, first Harry Potter winter wave ever. Then quickly followed by one of the bigger HP summer waves yet.

Also I applied to work part time at the local LEGO store here since composing has been a little less active due to COVID. That employee discount could be quite useful :wink:

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I don't understand why they didn't put Crabbe or Goyle in the potions set. How can they still ignore such a iconic characters like them :cry_sad:

Probably because they’re a duo, wouldn’t make much sense to include one but not the other (with the exception of anything DH-related, of course). And including both of them in the Slytherin classroom set would’ve been too good to be true :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find I'm changing a lot of official student figures (Cho, Lavender, Seamus, Hannah, as well as Fleur and Krum) to have more unique faces. As such, I'm in no huge rush to get Crabbe and Goyle, as the Slytherin torso is now easily available and there are plenty of grumpy faces available. Still, they will almost certainly make the pair at some point, they're almost ever present and recognisable. 

 

I reckon they'll have the Finn hair unfortunately when they get a minifig though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Probably because they’re a duo, wouldn’t make much sense to include one but not the other (with the exception of anything DH-related, of course).

Lego have done weirder things before :tongue: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff characters are unnamed, it would still be good to have more included in sets. You can’t really have a Hogwarts just with Gryffindor students. It is expensive to build up a collection of torsos from the other houses, plus there is also the black robes variation and the quidditch uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seaber said:

I find I'm changing a lot of official student figures (Cho, Lavender, Seamus, Hannah, as well as Fleur and Krum) to have more unique faces. As such, I'm in no huge rush to get Crabbe and Goyle, as the Slytherin torso is now easily available and there are plenty of grumpy faces available. Still, they will almost certainly make the pair at some point, they're almost ever present and recognisable. 

 

I reckon they'll have the Finn hair unfortunately when they get a minifig though. 

The Finn hair would fine seeing as it would be pretty accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Modal said:

Man I am so excited for 2021 LEGO! I’ve only been active since May 2020 lol but too much to be excited about. January alone there’s Gardens of Ninjago City, Lego Ideas Blacksmith, first Harry Potter winter wave ever. Then quickly followed by one of the bigger HP summer waves yet.

Also I applied to work part time at the local LEGO store here since composing has been a little less active due to COVID. That employee discount could be quite useful :wink:

Me too! Hoping there’s not many sets from other themes that appeal too much - as long as there’s no double whammy of Barracuda Bay and Treehouse! Think I’ll get Diagon Alley next year or the year after, based on Hogwarts Castle there’ll maybe be some decent discounts in a year or so’s time at other retailers. By the way, is the Blacksmith confirmed for January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Me too! Hoping there’s not many sets from other themes that appeal too much - as long as there’s no double whammy of Barracuda Bay and Treehouse! Think I’ll get Diagon Alley next year or the year after, based on Hogwarts Castle there’ll maybe be some decent discounts in a year or so’s time at other retailers. By the way, is the Blacksmith confirmed for January?

With Sesame Street being November 1st, we can expect the next Ideas set in January. I believe the next set number and price is $150, which is most likely the Blacksmith instead of Winnie the Pooh.

Do we know when Hogwarts Castle is retiring?

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Modal said:

Do we know when Hogwarts Castle is retiring?

We don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it retires around late 2021 / early 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it retires around late 2021 / early 2022

Not me either. I think it would be in production max another year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Even if the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff characters are unnamed, it would still be good to have more included in sets. You can’t really have a Hogwarts just with Gryffindor students. It is expensive to build up a collection of torsos from the other houses, plus there is also the black robes variation and the quidditch uniforms.

I agree, however I do not think they would make unnamed ones, but they can make new ones with existing parts to keep the cost down :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.