Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

It sounds like it's going to be a lot of amazing sets coming out next year!

I really want to have the monsters book and I hope it's not ending up to be regional exclusive.. I hope like you @Balrogofmorgoth that we get more promo set! As long they aren't regional exclusive.. I can accept If they're only avaible on store, but regional exclusive or event exclusive sets/figures removes the fun of collecting. 

I really like the new McGonagall! I hope we get Flitwick based on the later movies next year and Snape with a dress piece. 

It's amazing that they release a lot of HP lego next year :pir-love: I might stop collecting all HP set If they continue release a lot of sets every year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Mcgonogall looks brilliant. It’s amazing how even a small change, like adding hair to the headpiece, can really improve a figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe it is because it is not high on my list, but I do not think a Durmstrang ship is coming so soon. And why change a winning team when the Hogwarts add-on are so popular? I find it more likely that it will cost more than a 100 instead of less next year :shrug_oh_well:

I love the Hogwarts add-on and they're some of my favourite HP sets. I hope we're getting 2 add-on, one of them could be something like whomping willow and cost under 100.

I think it's a high odds that we're getting the Dumstrang ship next year, it isn't that high on my list to. But ships are popular to many lego fans and can attract even the non-HP lego fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of Hogwarts' exterior the only things left that I'd really like to see are the Owlery and wooden bridge. Besides those 2 I'd like all future Hogwarts sets to mainly focus on giving us fantastic interiors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

one of them could be something like whomping willow and cost under 100.

Not really sure if Lego would remake the Whomping Willow so soon, although the first one was a bit underwhelming imo. I can see them doing one Hogwarts add-on, either as one of the 120ish sets or cheaper. Personally, I think that the Durmstrang ship and the Shrieking Shack could be quite likely in the 120$ price range. And of course, there's the possibility of Gringott's being one of those sets; however, I think that it is more likely to be the 250$ with the dragon and possibly the Leaky Cauldron or a shop such as Madam Malkin's. And of course, this is all very speculative and Lego will probably throw some curveballs at us.

Edited by thenudeorganist
phrasing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In terms of Hogwarts' exterior the only things left that I'd really like to see are the Owlery and wooden bridge. Besides those 2 I'd like all future Hogwarts sets to mainly focus on giving us fantastic interiors

I agree but I’d like to see the bell towers and boathouse as well as the two you mentioned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That´s a lot of info i didn´t expect a this time of the year ;). Do you think CoS could be one of the next sets? It is a desirable one and a lot of pieces and characters that could be in the set have alredy been made.

And it is normal LEGO skip set numbers like 75959 - 75963 and 75949 (even more strange skip just one number) or is possible that have specific scenes attibuted to the sets but which due to limitatons of the type of pieces required they cannot produce them for now.

BTW McGonagall is onother level ;) - it seems to me that lego is responding to the feedback form the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi first timer here

I have been collecting lego for years since I was a child but now focused on HP as I want a good collection from the new ones. I would like if we get Hogwarts extension in a 120 set like the yard or the bridge

Then I would like a Gringots for 130. I also think that the 250 could be a whole set of the traps from the first movie especially because they are celebrating the first movie. Another good set in the 80 range could be a CoS to go under the great hall or something like that. And then smaller sets might be fight in the ministry, the tent with the lake in DH, A small Durmstrang ship, the battle of 7 potters, Borgin and Burges

Any comments?

 

haha I know its just my wishes but still wondering what you think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 3:11 AM, sammy_zammy said:

would like a vault though. It wouldn’t have to be correct in terms of the films/books and could just be through a doorway in the back that leads to some rocky path and a vault. But I’d like a little something.

They could do a mix. They could have vault 713 with the Stone & then have the Ironbelly as well. Since we have the early years trio already, they could give us the de-polyjuiced versions of them in Gringotts.  

17 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Don't know about others, but i'm finding LEGO doing GWP promotions especially thing like Harry Potter, when you can only get it with purchases of Harry Potter really annoying when they can't get their stock problems sorted out. How are you supposed to plan and prepare a purchase that will net you the GWP when LEGO's stock is constantly running out and often taking weeks to show up again? Probably just my anxiety flaring up again. But its just a bit frustrating when promos are so limited and stock count is all over the place. Hopefully if these 20th anniversary sets pan out, they've factored in demand for once. :-)

You didn’t have to just buy HP to get the small DA, I already had the wave when the GWP was available & I still got it. I don’t recall if the latest Brickheadz was specified as such, because I was more focused on DA & I ordered before the promo went live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Take a look at this gorgeous LEGO Ideas build of Grimmauld Place. You can’t tell me that this wouldn’t be appealing to Harry Potter fans, and it would be the perfect setting for the annual Christmas party that LEGO has been featuring in its sets:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/2a7993f5-2abb-4c27-ad7e-2b60345883b3

I get the appeal of potential interior scenes, what I have problems with is the exterior. I wouldn‘t want them to „waste“ a $130 spot on GP when there are so many things we could get instead, like the chamber of secrets, the shrieking shack, Hogwarts expansions or Gringotts :laugh: IMO, GP is best served as the backdrop for the next advent calendar

1 hour ago, thenudeorganist said:

[...] and possibly the Leaky Cauldron

That‘s another one I don‘t really get. Does the LC even have an exterior to speak of? :snicker: Apart from the entrance I mean

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s another one I don‘t really get. Does the LC even have an exterior to speak of? :snicker: Apart from the entrance I mean

Yeah, in POA, there's quite a bit of interior shown (the bar/dining room, bedrooms). But quite frankly, that wouldn't make for a very interesting set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Juve said:

I also think that the 250 could be a whole set of the traps from the first movie especially because they are celebrating the first movie.

I don’t think a set featuring the Forbidden Corridor with Fluffy, the tentacular vines, the flying keys, and the Mirror of Erised wouldn’t warrant a $250 price point. That could easily be a $120 set. Now if the set also included the Troll in the dungeon, Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, and the Chamber of Secrets with a badass Basilisk build, that could work for $250. It might actually be a nice interior fit for the Belltowers. Fluffy’s room at the top of one tower with traps leading down the length of the tower to the Mirror and Myrtle’s bathroom at the top of the other tower with a trap leading down into the Chamber of Secrets. I still think this is highly unlikely as it would be a massive expansion to the existing Hogwarts castle layout, but  its fun to fantasize about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

 

That‘s another one I don‘t really get. Does the LC even have an exterior to speak of? :snicker: Apart from the entrance I mean

(I'd love a 12 GP btw) 

Yes, LC has the Muggle world side, and the reverse has the courtyard to DA with a lovely intricate window. Above that it has a Tudor look and looks to have maybe two storeys above the ground floor, and the bay windows face out over the street up past Potages (early films) in a haphazard, slanty way. Also the floor plan isn't square - it's a trapezium or trapezoid which would make for an interesting shape. In my opinion of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Whovastron has made one of my favorite MOCs of a full minifig scale Hogwarts that incorporates all of the current Hogwarts sets and shows what a Belltowers set could potentially look like:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Yeah, in POA, there's quite a bit of interior shown (the bar/dining room, bedrooms). But quite frankly, that wouldn't make for a very interesting set.

There‘s plenty of interior they could easily  incorporate into a potential set, I was wondering more about the exterior :wink: 

@Seaber: Thanks for the description! I really need to watch the films again and pay more attention to these sorts of details (once I get the Blu-ray collection back from whomever’s borrowed them from me) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, Guyon2002 did you realize that Ash-n-flash has gotten over 28,000 views from your information? You should ask for a share of the profits of that video especially considering the adds and that he basically regurgitated your information and nothing else.

Does anyone here actually believe that for the battle of Hogwarts the set is going to be below $100? I mean come on people it is the climax of the entire series it basically is 99% of the last movie and debatably the most important part of the series. Sebastian666 you think the Durmstrang ship (which has what 30 seconds of being shown in the 4th movie) is going to replace it? I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the $250 set is the battle of Hogwarts yes their isn’t to many buildings left but the bell towers could be pretty big look at the 2011 version get rid of the bridge in the middle replace it with an entrance make the towers wider for the rooms expand the Hufflepuff dormitory get rid of the DADA room and in its place have Lupin in the room possibly with an exploding window function. Then on the other side of the tower their could be the Slytherin dormitory on top of which we could have a classroom of some sorts (wishful thinking here but history of magic?) and then beneath the Hufflepuff room we could have a small chamber of secrets. Maybe on the top floor of the Slytherin side we could have the part where Harry and Voldemort battle and then harry grabs Voldemort and jumps out the window.

(I like exploding windows) but seriously though maybe even a bridge that can connect to the front or to another part of Hogwarts (whomping willow maybe?) and then I can see that being a high priced set for either the $130 or $120 maybe for the $250 if they wanted it in that slot they could do this and a bit more interior. Minifigure wise: it could really be any of these: Voldemort (defiantly), Harry (defiantly), Ron and Hermione (both likely) 2 to 3 death eaters (highly possible), Lupin (maybe), Kingsley Shacklebolt (not sure if I got the last name right but possible as he is with lupin in the movie) Stone warriors (if the bridge is included %100 chance if not maybe a %30 chance) A troll to fight the stone warriors (same likelihood as the Stone warriors) McGonigal (maybe), and Snape (maybe)

Also, I think the reason the Room of requirement does not connect great anywhere is because it is going to be expanded in 2021 for a roughly $40 set. For GP as much as I liked the Order of the Phoenix (my personal favorite book in the series) I just do not see it happening. For Hogsmeade as a possible $250 they could get rid of the Hogshead and I think that is most likely just because Lego does not like doing bars (look at DA, where is the leaky cauldron?) and will avoid them if possible. That leaves us with Zonkos, Honeydukes, 3 broomsticks (even though it is a bar I think it is to important to exclude), Madam Puddifoots, and the Shrieking shack. Maybe to get rid of more shops and expand others they could even get rid of Zonkos or Madam Puddifoots. Though it could all work for $50 a piece and I can see that as a great Hogsmeade Minifigure wise I am not even going to bother guessing (who wasn’t in Hogsmeade at one point or another?)

Gringotts I hope takes the $120 slot that would be enough for a decent interior and exterior for the interior I can see it having a few goblin desks on the first floor a few small vaults on the second and on the third it really could be anything (More desks? More vaults?) I can go either way with the dragon, but I would much rather have a nicer interior and no dragon than a basically empty interior with a dragon.

This is my list for the rest of the sets (purely guesses) but hopefully accurate as this would be my best-case scenario for 2021.

76386 – forest of dean-$19,99

76387 – Room of requirement expansion - $39,99

76388 – Ministry of Magic either from OoTP (hopefully) or DH $79,99

76389 – Battle of Hogwarts-$129,99

76390 – Advent calendar either GP, The burrow, or (hopefully not) Slug club party - $39,99

76391 – Hosmeade-$249,99

76392 - Malfoy Manner - $59,99

76393 -Grinngotts- $119,99

76394 – Wedding tent - $39,99

76395 – Xenophilius Lovegood’s house or Seashell cottage $29,99

I know the list is pretty much all DH based but DH does deserve it. It is that important. Hopefully, no Fantastic beast sets I liked the suitcase but really couldn’t care less for the movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many more sets do you see Hogwarts actually getting?  Personally I can think of a lot.  I hope we get two expansions in this wave.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Guyon2002 did you realize that Ash-n-flash has gotten over 28,000 views from your information? You should ask for a share of the profits of that video especially considering the adds and that he basically regurgitated your information and nothing else.

That's not how it works, if there was money to be earned there would be a lot more leakers out there :laugh_hard: And like I said before, I don't do this for attention (or in this case: money).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I don’t think a set featuring the Forbidden Corridor with Fluffy, the tentacular vines, the flying keys, and the Mirror of Erised wouldn’t warrant a $250 price point. That could easily be a $120 set. Now if the set also included the Troll in the dungeon, Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, and the Chamber of Secrets with a badass Basilisk build, that could work for $250. It might actually be a nice interior fit for the Belltowers. Fluffy’s room at the top of one tower with traps leading down the length of the tower to the Mirror and Myrtle’s bathroom at the top of the other tower with a trap leading down into the Chamber of Secrets. I still think this is highly unlikely as it would be a massive expansion to the existing Hogwarts castle layout, but  its fun to fantasize about.

I was thinking Fluffy, then the tentacular, flying keys, big chess board, mirror of erised. If they do include the CoS with the bathroom that would be fantastic and well worth over 250 imo. I think these sets are crucial and would really help the whole Hogwarts layout. Also I think they would sell really good. I forgot to mention we also need a Shrieking Shack.

Or they could make a smaller Hogsmiede for 250, one Hogwarts expansion for 120, Gringotts for 120 and try to make parts of the corridor or a smaller CoS into an 80 set.

 

IF you would have to choose what is your must buy. I am still saving for DA so thats not an option. I have the main Hogwarts builds, rise of voldemort, patronus, Hogwarts Express. Would you rather get the bus, quiditch or maybe the umbridge ecounter. Or should I go all in for the Burrow. Not sure how to proceed after getting the Hogwarts pieces. Eventually I want to get them all but I need to go step by step since just got Astronomy Tower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And like I said before, I don't do this for attention [...]

Stonewars has reported on your info as well, so you‘re getting famous whether you want to or not :laugh_hard: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Stonewars has reported on your info as well, so you‘re getting famous whether you want to or not :laugh_hard: 

I know, they contacted me earlier today saying they were writing an article :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

How many more sets do you see Hogwarts actually getting?  Personally I can think of a lot.  I hope we get two expansions in this wave.  

I only hope they add some more courtyard, rock or greenery to the next expansions to not be too repetitive. 

The book sets for example added some variety to the repetitive tan color scheme, not to mention the style. Now, I’m not saying I want them to change the tan color of the exterior haha, but like I said some details could make it stand out more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bluedog1111 maybe I will eat my words next year, but I think a $250 Battle of Hogwarts set is completely unrealistic. Since 2018, LEGO has given us sets that focus on the fantasy and the adventure of the Wizarding World - not the battles and the action features. I highly doubt a $250 set with exploding windows and exploding bridges like you’ve described is in the cards for us.

The most expensive LEGO Harry Potter sets to date have been dollhouse designs that feature scenes of dinner and dancing and Christmas parties and magical shopping experiences. It has been said many times before, but a large segment of the target audience for this series is women and girls. Look at all the social media influencers that LEGO sent the Diagon Alley teaser materials to - they are all young women whose content is all about collecting and decorating with Harry Potter merchandise. 

Maybe we will get another segment of the Hogwarts castle after all, but I really don’t see it being a massive $250 expansion that is entirely focused on a bloody battle scene. All I’m saying is don’t set yourself up for disappointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@bluedog1111 maybe I will eat my words next year, but I think a $250 Battle of Hogwarts set is completely unrealistic. Since 2018, LEGO has given us sets that focus on the fantasy and the adventure of the Wizarding World - not the battles and the action features. I highly doubt a $250 set with exploding windows and exploding bridges like you’ve described is in the cards for us.

The most expensive LEGO Harry Potter sets to date have been dollhouse designs that feature scenes of dinner and dancing and Christmas parties and magical shopping experiences. It has been said many times before, but a large segment of the target audience for this series is women and girls. Look at all the social media influencers that LEGO sent the Diagon Alley teaser materials to - they are all young women whose content is all about collecting and decorating with Harry Potter merchandise. 

Maybe we will get another segment of the Hogwarts castle after all, but I really don’t see it being a massive $250 expansion that is entirely focused on a bloody battle scene. All I’m saying is don’t set yourself up for disappointment. 

Screw dinners and dancing, we want a dead Fred minifigure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Screw dinners and dancing, we want a dead Fred minifigure!

😂 I want one too! And an exploding Bellatrix while they’re at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.