Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh, and perhaps the accessory pack could be the long-anticipated Quidditch pack?

Thanks to the DA set, this would be an absolute no-brainer :laugh: This wouldn‘t require even a single new print

BTW, people on IG claim there are 20th anniversary sets among the summer wave, but as far as I can tell there‘s no source attached to these rumours. It‘s definitely not implausible, but still...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 is going to be spectacular for Lego HP. I’m so excited. I really hope to see a lot of DH sets but I also would love to see more promo sets (as long as they’re not too hard to acquire) and some sets from previous films. There will probably be FB3 sets but I hope no more than two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

BTW, people on IG claim there are 20th anniversary sets among the summer wave, but as far as I can tell there‘s no source attached to these rumours. It‘s definitely not implausible, but still...

Maybe this is their source:

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Small info drop: we're getting 3 more sets in 2021.

- One of them is 40500, which is an accessory pack.

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks to the DA set, this would be an absolute no-brainer :laugh: This wouldn‘t require even a single new print

BTW, people on IG claim there are 20th anniversary sets among the summer wave, but as far as I can tell there‘s no source attached to these rumours. It‘s definitely not implausible, but still...

The original post came from lego_fans_news, who posted it shortly after contacting me about the latest info I posted. He probably took my info out of context, ran with it and is now getting copied by other leakers :hmpf: I'm not saying there definetely aren't any anniversary sets among the list I shared earlier but at this exact moment the only anniversary sets I know of are the 2 I just shared the info for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He probably took my info out of context, ran with it and is now getting copied by other leakers :hmpf:

Why am I not surprised :laugh_hard: Classic lego_fans_news :drunk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

McGonagall looks good, but why did they have to use the green outfit for the fifth time? I'd love to get the black robes for once.

Lego keeps doing a certain scene accuracy thing MOST of the time. Leaves room for different versions at later times.

I agree it seems a bit redundant, but in this case its kind of overshadowed by the quality of this figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

McGonagall looks good, but why did they have to use the green outfit for the fifth time? I'd love to get the black robes for once.

Well, the black robes would be perfect for a Battle of Hogwarts set, so they could be saving that variant for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

He deleted my comment after telling him to source guyon2002

I made the same comment and it looks like he deleted the entire post. Unless he just blocked me from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, will 2021 be the best year for LEGO Harry Potter ever? Sucks we have all this news and we won’t know specifics for so long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

McGonagall looks good, but why did they have to use the green outfit for the fifth time? I'd love to get the black robes for once.

I like the hat/hair combo, to me the face looks more like Angela Lansbury. Anyone with a Bedknobs and Broomsticks MOC will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love so much the fact that LEGO keeps improving variants that we thought couldn’t be improved anymore. It’s like, you loved it? You’ll love this one even more. 

EDIT: Except for McGonagall’s dress of course, we all knew from the beginning she needed it.

Edited by Otherworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as our current leaker @Guyon2002(although my pitchfork is sharpened :wink: - nah, kidding, we know you here and you said take it with a grain of salt so if it’s not right we know it’s not your fault), I’m curious whether you knew anything about this year’s HP Wave? (Damn if you knew anything about Diagon Alley, that would have been annoying with everyone going after He Who Must Not Be Named lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

So, as our current leaker @Guyon2002(although my pitchfork is sharpened :wink: - nah, kidding, we know you here and you said take it with a grain of salt so if it’s not right we know it’s not your fault), I’m curious whether you knew anything about this year’s HP Wave? (Damn if you knew anything about Diagon Alley, that would have been annoying with everyone going after He Who Must Not Be Named lol)

I knew there was a GWP coming but I didn't know what it was (turned out to be the MBoM). I learned about DA a short time before it was 'made public' but couldn't tell anything so that..... well it sucked :tongue: Like I said, my source prove his worth to me quite a few times :wink:

I wouldn't really consider myself a leaker though, I guess you could say I'm the voice of my source's knowledge. I don't do any of this for attention, to be honest I'm not too fond of attention seekers, I just want to keep the discussion alive and going if I can :grin:

Edited by Guyon2002
spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't really consider myself a leaker though, I guess you could say I'm the voice of my source's knowledge. I don't do any of this for attention, to be honest I'm not too fond of attention seekers, I just want to keep the discussion alive and going if I can :grin:

You're the leaker we need but not the leaker we deserve 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about others, but i'm finding LEGO doing GWP promotions especially thing like Harry Potter, when you can only get it with purchases of Harry Potter really annoying when they can't get their stock problems sorted out. How are you supposed to plan and prepare a purchase that will net you the GWP when LEGO's stock is constantly running out and often taking weeks to show up again? Probably just my anxiety flaring up again. But its just a bit frustrating when promos are so limited and stock count is all over the place. Hopefully if these 20th anniversary sets pan out, they've factored in demand for once. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I just paid for a copy of the new 2021 McGonagall. It'll be great to have it so far in advance, and, since I will be getting the Transfiguration Book when it releases, it'll be nice to have a spare. I think I'll display this figure in front of Privet Drive with Dumbledore and Hagrid, to reenact the first scene of the movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rumored $250 set can't be Gringotts, right? 

I mean, how big can it be? It can't be a multiple-storeys building, because you wouldn't be able to display it along with the rest of the Diagon Alley which is kind of the point

 

If the rumor is true, then I guess it can be either Hogsmeade or the Hogwarts Quidditch field, similar to how they made the Old Trafford set.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That rumored $250 set can't be Gringotts, right? 

I mean, how big can it be? It can't be a multiple-storeys building, because you wouldn't be able to display it along with the rest of the Diagon Alley which is kind of the point

If the rumor is true, then I guess it can be either Hogsmeade or the Hogwarts Quidditch field, similar to how they made the Old Trafford set.

I hope it’s not Gringotts, Hogsmeade is a better fit for that price. A “proper” quidditch field would probably look really good, but I don’t think we need one 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That rumored $250 set can't be Gringotts, right? 

I mean, how big can it be? It can't be a multiple-storeys building, because you wouldn't be able to display it along with the rest of the Diagon Alley which is kind of the point

If the rumor is true, then I guess it can be either Hogsmeade or the Hogwarts Quidditch field, similar to how they made the Old Trafford set.

I LOVE the idea of getting a bigger Quidditch field to build out the Hogwarts grounds. The 2018 version was nice but not an immediate must buy for me personally...I would have really preferred for Madame Hooch to have *yellow* eyes if we do get her in future sets. 

I love speculating what the new sets could be! I have a feeling this thread will get another 200 pages by the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, torontolegolover said:

I love speculating what the new sets could be! I have a feeling this thread will get another 200 pages by the end of the year. 

(Belated) Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though my minifigure scale Hogwarts castle already fills my shelf...I am SO curious if there will be more Hogwarts expansions. Looking at the $100+ ones....I hope two of them are giant Hogwarts buildings!

Edit: Also, my worries for the sales of this theme is slowly fading. It seems more popular than ever if LEGO is producing so many sets.

WAIT...if they're "anniversary" sets, I'm afraid they may me remakes. With the Great Hall being remade many times, in my head it seems fitting to slap a 20th Anniversary banner on a remake than a Hogwarts building they've never built before.

Edited by joeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new McGonagall looks amazing! I didn’t expect such an upgrade for her in the sets, I had her penned in for a future CMF slot and will scrap that idea how. I can’t wait to see what they do to Flitwick! Snape in my opinion should not get a new hair  mould, I still want some continuity between the figures.

The ‘accessory pack’ is a great idea, we need more of those with new recolours and useful accessories and prints such as a Quidditch, DA or DAtDA expansion pack (keep the ‘potion bottle’ cylinders to a minimum please!). New colours for brooms would be welcome (orange and dark read for example) 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.