Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

That McGonagall is B E A UTIFULL!!! Turned the Transfiguration book into a must-buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets cross our fingers that flitwick too has a new mold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Yeah, I wanna see Flitwick :)

Me too :sweet: The prototype in the catalogue looked pretty unremarkable, but if the minifig’s on par with the new McGonagall, we‘re in for a treat!

And so the 2021 minifig leak season finally begins, bring the rest on :moar:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

Because the set is about Transfiguration, should her cat-form be in it too?

*Gringotts has joined the chat*

- “I don’t know... should it?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta say I did not expect these books to have any new molds (except maybe something for the actual book structure). This fig is amazing and I am very excited to see the rest.

 

It seems very early for January sets to leak, tho now that I think about it this is around the time the dc cmf started leaking last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think we’ll get updated versions of the students in the book sets at this point? Perhaps just a new face expression?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Surge said:

gotta say I did not expect these books to have any new molds (except maybe something for the actual book structure). This fig is amazing and I am very excited to see the rest.

 

It seems very early for January sets to leak, tho now that I think about it this is around the time the dc cmf started leaking last year. 

...Your post made me realize that the DC CMF was only this past January. It feels like years ago. 

...Also, McGonagall's alternate face leaked. It's basically just the 2018 alt. face plus glasses, so it isn't the best likeness to Maggie Smith, but that front face (and the rest of the figure, for that matter) definitely more than make up for it. This is literally the first 2021 minifigure we've seen, and yet I already have confidence this is going to be one of the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Do you think we’ll get updated versions of the students in the book sets at this point? Perhaps just a new face expression?

If they really want to "go there" they could make movie 1-2 versions of their uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Do you think we’ll get updated versions of the students in the book sets at this point? Perhaps just a new face expression?

Well, Neville will almost certainly have a new face due to being our first non-CMF young Neville, and I could see some characters that have been a bit lackluster in the past getting new faces, such as Seamus and Cho.

 

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

If they really want to "go there" they could make movie 1-2 versions of their uniforms.

That would be glorious. My biggest issue with the minifigures in DA is that, not only is it inaccurate for the trio to have their school cloaks in the scene, but that they aren't even the correct uniforms because they have the red trim, which wasn't added until PoA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, that new McGonagall is glorious!! 

I can even see great back-skirt printing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new figure is a definite improvement over the previous McGonagall from 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The figure looks so good! Could someone confirm if the hair under the hat is dark tan? This is exactly what McGonagall has needed all along, the printed skirt and a hat piece similar to the Wacky Witch one. Could it be recoloured and reused for a Sinistra figure down the line perhaps, or formal Hooch or Grubbly-Plank? 

It really whets the appetite for Flitwick, but also Sprout (new outfit? Hat without earmuffs?). No idea what they could do with Snape though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seaber said:

The figure looks so good! Could someone confirm if the hair under the hat is dark tan?

I cant CONFIRM, but certainly looks like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It really whets the appetite for Flitwick, but also Sprout (new outfit? Hat without earmuffs?). No idea what they could do with Snape though! 

Unless they reuse the CMF version and change it slightly there's only really the Deathly Hallows outfit left for Sprout, I doubt we'll get that in the summer wave so fingers crossed it's included here! For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic: But seeing as Snape's DH robes are entirely black we're bound to get a new figure sometime in 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@minifigure_dreams is already selling the new McGonagall for $8 with $4 shipping to the US. How is that possible? They must have got their hands on a small supply of her. I have a feeling all four professors will feature new looks. Snape in his all-black robes with a black cape and a new hair mold and a face print would be a dream come true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic:

Same. Probably an unpopular opinion but I prefer the 2010 one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@minifigure_dreams is already selling the new McGonagall for $8 with $4 shipping to the US. How is that possible? They must have got their hands on a small supply of her. I have a feeling all four professors will feature new looks. Snape in his all-black robes with a black cape and a new hair mold and a face print would be a dream come true.

Well, they say they're selling the figure for that amount, but it isn't on their site and they haven't replied to my DM, so they may have just had the two shown in the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, deskp said:

I cant CONFIRM, but certainly looks like it.

Thanks :) 

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unless they reuse the CMF version and change it slightly there's only really the Deathly Hallows outfit left for Sprout, I doubt we'll get that in the summer wave so fingers crossed it's included here! For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic: But seeing as Snape's DH robes are entirely black we're bound to get a new figure sometime in 2021

nintchdbpict000286495113

 

She also wears this in CoS, in most scenes apart from the Herbology scene I think. I think Snape wears a big coat and scarf at the Quidditch games, and no robe at the duelling club, otherwise yeah it's all black and purple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small info drop: we're getting 3 more sets in 2021.

- One of them is 40500, which is an accessory pack.

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Small info drop: we're getting 3 more sets in 2021.

- One of them is 40500, which is an accessory pack.

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

Interesting. I imagine GWPs, since I don't see how a Brickheadz would work for an anniversary set. 

It would be cool if one of them was like the new Charles Dickens promo, where it could be a buildable book of Philosopherceror's Stone with a scene built on top (such as Harry being left at the Dursleys, or maybe just the scene shown on the cover rendered in 3d building).

Oh, and perhaps the accessory pack could be the long-anticipated Quidditch pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Small info drop: we're getting 3 more sets in 2021.

- One of them is 40500, which is an accessory pack.

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

I'm thinking 40500 might be a Quidditch pack including those Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.