Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

Are there any characters that had been made in the former waves of sets that have not been made again in the new waves? I know Peeves is an obvious answer, but I wasnt sure if there were any others. 

Narcissa Malfoy, Karkaroff, Mermaid,  Crabbe and Goyle. just to name a few

Edited by Tommy269
added more to the list

Random question but do you guys think the price of the Hagrid & Buckbeak brickheadz will go up? I haven’t opened mine yet but I’m not sure I want to. 

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

Random question but do you guys think the price of the Hagrid & Buckbeak brickheadz will go up? I haven’t opened mine yet but I’m not sure I want to. 

Unless they make another run of them and sell/give more away, as time goes on, yes, they will go up as they were quite limited to start with, in a manner of speaking. 

14 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

and maybe the chess queen and one eyed statue as well

I would love to see a modern take on the chess figures, they have lots of helmets and swards to choose from. Perhaps one day they will do a licensed full chessboard as a collectors set :D

I have made my own witch statue: I reused the figure from an extra ‘rise of voldermort’ and gave it an extra Gandalf hat, it looks great all in the same colour!

14 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

Could also make an honourable mention to the troll, Fluffy, Errol, Padfoot and Norbert 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Unless they make another run of them and sell/give more away, as time goes on, yes, they will go up as they were quite limited to start with, in a manner of speaking. 

Thank you

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I would love to see a modern take on the chess figures, they have lots of helmets and swards to choose from. Perhaps one day they will do a licensed full chessboard as a collectors set :D

I could really see that happening. Lego already has a chess set, but I think a harry potter one would sell amazingly. In a couple of year, that would be great collectors set. Although I would like a full forbidden corridors before that.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:48 AM, Tommy269 said:

Technically, we never got Crabbe at all since that was just a polyjuiced Ron :tongue: Which also means we technically never got representations of the real Moody and Graves :laugh_hard:

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which also means we technically never got representations of the real Moody and Graves

Well technically Graves was never in the movie anyway :tongue:
Moody might pop up next year with a 7 potters set :shrug_oh_well:

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well technically Graves was never in the movie anyway :tongue:

True. It‘s also weird that it was never explained if he‘s still alive or not. Grindy didn‘t use polyjuice potion apparently, so there was no real reason to keep him around :shrug_confused: Maybe he‘s been dead for years, but personally, I want the real one to show up in FB3 to kick Grindy‘s butt :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Moody might pop up next year with a 7 potters set :shrug_oh_well:

That would be amazing :thumbup: A set based on that scene has so much potential, especially since it‘s the last time we see masked Death Eaters

Just built the new Privet Drive set, great build! Has anyone thought about modding the set at all to extend the upstairs and possibly add a kitchen/ dining area? I think the sets pretty perfect from the front so wouldn't change anything about that, but as I'm sure has been said by others, it's pretty ironic that Harry ends up with 2 whole bedrooms dedicated to him.

As much as a challenge as it would be, I would've preferred that Hagrid's bike came with the set instead of the Anglia, but perhaps we could see it next year with a 7 Potters type set? Although I'm not sure what the build would be for that aside from Privet Drive, but there's no way we get that again next year. Would love to see a thicc Aunt Marge set but again, not sure of a build to anchor it without repeating the house.

Hi all, haven't been on for a while but I was wondering if the D2C Hogwarts was retiring this year? I don't think it is but would like that confirmed. 

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Hi all, haven't been on for a while but I was wondering if the D2C Hogwarts was retiring this year? I don't think it is but would like that confirmed. 

It's not on any of the EOL lists so I would assume it's not going anywhere anytime soon. But none of us really know for sure wether it's staying in production or not :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, ZooWeeMamaOfficial said:

Just built the new Privet Drive set, great build! Has anyone thought about modding the set at all to extend the upstairs and possibly add a kitchen/ dining area? I think the sets pretty perfect from the front so wouldn't change anything about that, but as I'm sure has been said by others, it's pretty ironic that Harry ends up with 2 whole bedrooms dedicated to him.

@Micmac posted a Privet Drive MOD in this thread some time ago (this thread is where some of us generally post Harry Potter MOCs, MODs and custom figures :wink: ) but I'd also recommend searching for MODs on YouTube!

Back again with some more breadcrumbs (well.... they're a bit larger than crumbs) from my good friend. Looks like a ''pattern'' will be broken next year :excited:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

I said it in my previous ''info dump'' and I'll repeat it here: I trust my source completely and he's proven himself many times before (even if in those cases I couldn't share anything here on EB). But as always, don't immediately take these prices as fact and apply the usual grain of salt :wink:

@Guyon2002 Salt applied, that's an expensive wave, but I'm totally there for it. I'm thinking $120 / $130 are the castle section and maybe Gringotts and then $250 could be a decent Durmstrang ship. Or do you think the $250 is Gringotts?

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Back again with some more breadcrumbs (well.... they're a bit larger than crumbs) from my good friend. Looks like a ''pattern'' will be broken next year :excited:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

I said it in my previous ''info dump'' and I'll repeat it here: I trust my source completely and he's proven himself many times before (even if in those cases I couldn't share anything here on EB). But as always, don't immediately take these prices as fact and apply the usual grain of salt :wink:

Thank you so much for this! I was considering getting the winter wave but with how insanely expensive this summer is I will definitely be skipping them. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Guyon2002 Salt applied, that's an expensive wave, but I'm totally there for it. I'm thinking $120 / $130 are the castle section and maybe Gringotts and then $250 could be a decent Durmstrang ship. Or do you think the $250 is Gringotts?

My guess would be either Gringotts or Hogsmeade

Are mass release LEGO waves typically numbered from smallest to largest? I usually don't pay much attention to them. If so then we're getting a four set wave with various exclusives and possibly a small second wave? 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

Is this list in Euros?

Also, can I say thank you for this. If this IS in fact next years list, as least I have plenty of advanced warning so I can start saving. And if it turns out wrong. Then i'll hopefully have some bonus savings. Lol.

Edited by chris6507

Grain of salt applied as well but ooh what amazes me is that neither the book sets nor the emblem thing numbers are among the list (I know they count as a winter wave but it’s still next year) so HOLY crap these are a lot of sets!! What a time to be alive, fellow FOLS :cry2: I’m so hyped, I can feel butterflies in my stomach, I’m such a nerd :wub_drool:

Edited by Otherworld

Even if I love to see more HP lego come out, my wallet dosen't. I'm still missing 71043 before I can start for real with the 2020 set..

I'm guessing the expensive one is Gringotts. One castle section and Durmstrang or Hogsmede. I'm hoping we're geting 2 castle section because they are my favourites :laugh: The cheaper ones is harder to guess. But I would love to have a set with a new proper basilisk. 

On 10/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, Otherworld said:

It depends if the set is coming out for sale later, but I don't think so. I've 2 of these set and going to wait 1-2 years before I'm selling one of them.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

By now I think we all assume that the bell towers will be the Hogwarts expansion. But seeing that the hogwarts expansion will either be $10 or $20 more expensive. I think there is a good chance that the boathouse and/or courtyard could be included as well. Although the boathouse could be a $20-$30 set by its self. 

Going off of this price list, I'm just editing my predictions into @Guyon2002's post, as I'm too lazy to type it all out. Keep in mind that these are in no way based on fact and/or logic, and are but the ramblings of a madman.

I believe that sets 76386-76391 will be part of an early summer Deathly Hallows wave, and 76392-76395 will be a second, late summer/early autumn wave.

This is also going off of the assumption that there won't be any 4+ sets, which, considering how many we're getting next year and how popular this theme is, there very well could be.

Also, RIP me having the financial capacity to 100% collect this line.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

76386 - $19,99 - The Forest of Dean (Tent Build, Doe Patronus)

76387 - $39,99 - Hogwarts Wooden Bridge Chase (Massive Exploding Feature)

76388 - $79,99 - Malfoy Manor (Not the most popular choice, but I can't think of anything else from DH for this pricepoint)

76389 - $129,99 - Battle of the Hogwarts Bell Towers (Includes Bell Towers, Boathouse, Courtyard Area)

76390 - $39,99 - Buildable Creature (No idea what, since FB3 will likely be delayed to 2022.)

76391 - $249,99 - Gringotts Wizarding Bank (Bank on 32x32 baseplate to fill width of two-sided Alley, actual structure around ~24x24, also includes cart track setup, vaults, and dragon)

76392 - $59,99 - Hogwarts Forbidden Corridor (It was a tough call between this and the Chamber of Secrets, but next year is the 20th Anniversary of Philosopherceror's Stone, so I think this has the edge. It would essentially be a modernized version of 4706 "Forbidden Corridor" and 4704 "Chamber of the Winged Keys", with a new Fluffy)

76393 - $119,99 - Grimmauld Place (Large Three Story House with sliding shells of other houses, all share #12's interior, 3 stories. I know the fan-favorite among people on this forum is the Durmstrang Ship, but I don't think we'll get that when there are still several other pirate ships and pirate-esque ships on the market.)

76394 - $39,99 - Battle of the Ministry (tri-area open playset, with veil room, atrium, and prophecy hall)

76395 - $29,99 - I'm too tired to think of anything else

Sorry about that

9 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, RIP me having the financial capacity to 100% collect this linem

I was thinking the same thing! Although, i was never going to get Hogwarts Castle or Buckbeak. But i was at 100% for the minifig scale. What kind of sucks is that it was actually seeming like it WAS an affordable theme to collect. Im fearing it becoming like Star Wars.

28 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I was thinking the same thing! Although, i was never going to get Hogwarts Castle or Buckbeak. But i was at 100% for the minifig scale. What kind of sucks is that it was actually seeming like it WAS an affordable theme to collect. Im fearing it becoming like Star Wars.

Yeah, it does rather suck, doesn't it? I have every set from 2018 and 2019, including big boi Hogwarts, and I'll have every 2020 set once I get my hands on DA and the rest of the CMF. But, unfortunately it looks like the January wave will be the last that I'll be able to 100%.