Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Out of interest how many more years do you think we have left in Harry Potter? 

If LEGO doesn't do any remakes it should be able to go untill 2023/2024

45 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So if 2021 is predominantly Deathly Hallows based and includes a Gringotts and Hogwarts Bell Towers, after that what major scenes do we still have left uncovered? (I'm thinking out loud here with this list, so do add anything I've forgotten.)

Forbidden Corridor / Fluffy

Leaky Cauldron / DA entrance

Chamber of Secrets

Shrieking Shack / Hogsmeade

Durmstrang Ship

Lake challenge

12 Grimmauld Place

Department of Mysteries

Inferi Cave (I can't see Lego covering this one at all, but ...)

Mix these larger sets in with some smaller sets, such as maybe a Hagrid's Motorbike, Quidditch World cup tent, part of the Triwizard maze etc, and I'd say we could easily have until 2024 like @Guyon2002 says even without remakes, especially if Fantastic Beasts sets take a couple of slots one year. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If LEGO doesn't do any remakes it should be able to go untill 2023/2024

If TLG does do remakes I think it will last forever...

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Not sure about years, but I can think of a number of sets...

in addition to the DA sets, there's Hogsmeade - the three Broomsticks and the Hogshead. (Rosmerta, Aberforth, Portrait of Ariana.) Honeyduke's. Madam Puddifoot's tea room.

Katie Bell and the cursed necklace. HBP

Snape teaching Harry Occlumency. HBP

Ron getting dosed with the love potion, getting cured, getting poisoned and landing in the Infirmary. We've already got two Slughorns, but we could use some furniture for his lounge, the love potion / chocolates, the port Sluggy offers the boys, a Poppy Pomfrey to care for Ron. (We have the Infirmary.) (This would make a decent advent calendar.) HBP

Albus showing Harry Riddle's exploits in the Pensieve... HBP

Scrimgeour and Albus' bequeathals, presenting the Tales of Beedle Bard, the Deluminator and the Snitch to HRH. (All four of those would make decent CMFs.) DH

Maybe the Potters' grave, the Christmas scene with Harry and Hermione. It was touching, but perhaps too much of a downer for Lego DH

Nagina masquerading as Bathilda Bagshot could be interesting, but the cottage would probably be too much. I'd be very curious to see some rendition of that scene, though. Armchair, bed, table, little old lady... Harry spends the next several months with a broken wand thanks to that scene. DH (I could also see both of those as part of an advent calendar, but unfortunately that's probably too dark.)  

The scene where Harry follows Snape's doe to the lake to retrieve the sword, and where Ron returns and fishes him out of the water. (Small set like the one with Sirius and Harry's Patrons. Harry, locket, doe, Ron, water, sword, maybe a rock for the shore. If we're pushing the envelope a little, Snape hiding behind a tree.) DH

The tent. Ron and his Deluminator. Complete with the dread locket of misery, it could stand in for the scenes of Ron leaving or returning. (Tent, cot, Harry, Hermione, Ron, locket.) DH

Flight from the snatchers... Tricky, because how many trees do we really want, or HRHs for that matter? But I'd like to see Scabior at least in a CMF version DH

Malfoy Manor. There was that concept sketch for a smaller set from years ago... Something in that line. I can't see them issuing the torture scene per se, and they've kindly given us two Bellatrixes already  :wink:, but Harry's swollen and unrecognisable face, Draco not identifying him, Narcissa dithering, or Pettigrew's moment of hesitation, recognising his debt to Harry (that leads to his arm killing him...) DH

Gringotts I could see making two sets out of, one the above ground floors, possibly with the dragon, and a second smaller one, maybe about the size of the RoR, Bellatrix's vault. 

Room of Hidden Things. Piles of stuff, Rowena's Diadem, maybe some Fiendfyre... DH

Going back to the older books...

Devil's Snare, the Winged Keys, Chessboard, Potions Challenge PS

The Bogart Cabinet PoA

Edited by krimimimi

Summer wave for Potter consists of 8 sets and an advent calendar, setnumbers 76386-76395

Got this info from a source of mine who has been incredibly reliable in the past and has given me the go-ahead to share it. But as always I'd recommend taking it with a grain of salt.

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Snape treating Albus' arm after he retrieves the Gaunts' ring. HBP / DH flashback 

The Headmaster's office, Albus telling Snape they'll have to sacrifice Harry, Snape sending the doe off, "Always." DH flashback (If they made the sword retrieval scene and the cursed arm scene, we wouldn't need this one separately.)

Some version of Arthur having been attacked in the DoM. Either the attack or the recovery. Maybe St. Mungo's. The Longbottoms, Lockhart... HBP

"Damage packs" to make DA and Hogsmeade look shabbier once the Death Eaters come to power. Wanted posters, broken windows, boards to cover windows. DH

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Summer wave for Potter consists of 8 sets and an advent calendar, setnumbers 76386-76395

Got this info from a source of mine who has been incredibly reliable in the past and has given me the go-ahead to share it. But as always I'd recommend taking it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for sharing! So that's one set more than in 2019 :thumbup: I wonder if they'll split the wave again

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What do you mean by ‘summer wave’ contains the advent calendar? I’d that not usually released in autumn?

16 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I think it will go on as long as it is a bestseller :wink:
There is still a lot of scenes that are missing from the films as people are mentioning, but also a lot of characters and it seems that lately e.g. the CMF they are giving us variants instead of a lot of new figs (I assume to save them for future sets). In addition to remakes they can also do things like the Hogwarts D2C, the classrooms/art coming next year and Hedwig etc

41 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

What do you mean by ‘summer wave’ contains the advent calendar? I’d that not usually released in autumn?

Just everything releasing in summer for Potter

Things they haven't made yet...

Philosoper's/Sorcerer's Stone: Hagrid's Motorcycle, Vanishing glass with snake, Hut on the rock, Leaky Cauldron, Gringotts, Gryffindor common room and dorm, flying lesson, troll in the bathroom, library/restricted section, forbidden corridor with Fluffy, devil's snare, winged keys and chess.

Chamber of Secrets: Dueling club, Slytherin common room, Dumbledore's office (bigger and more detailed), Chamber of Secrets with Girls bathroom entrance.

Prisoner of Azkaban: Lupin's class, Hogsmeade with Honeydukes, Zonko's, The Three Broomsticks, Hogs Head and Shrieking Shack, Sirius' escape.

Goblet of Fire: Quidditch World Cup, Durmstrang Ship, Second task, Third task maze

Order of the Pheonix: Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic

Half-Blood Prince: Slughorn's house, Quidditch Ron and Ginny, Riddle's Memories, Room of Hidden Things, Inferi cave

Deathly Hallows: everything! Malfoy Manor, Seven Potters, Bill and Fleur's wedding, Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, Tent/Silver Doe, Godric's Hollow, Lovegood House, Shell Cottage, Gringotts dragon escape, Battle of Hogwarts, Forbidden Forest...

So there's definitely lots of things they can do!

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

76386 to 76395 are 10 sets in total tho.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Something weird is happening with my bags (hopefully just #6) in my Diagon Alley. I opened all of the #6 bags with the period next to the oval of the six, telling me that's a bag six. But right away i noticed tons of pieces missing, then i skipped ahead pages and realized a lot of pieces missing. I've been looking in the box and not finding any more bags. So upsetting. But then, I found a bag with no period next to the oval, but the bag number and qr code under it (unlike on the 9 bag)....I think this is the other 6...Am I crazy? I guess I just open it and make sure I keep any remaining pieces if I screwed up?!

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76386 to 76395 are 10 sets in total tho.

You're right, I checked but I did copy it down correctly so he must've made a typo :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're right, I checked but I did copy it down correctly so he must've made a typo :shrug_oh_well:

Or Lego has left out numbers like they often do. :laugh:

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is the advent calendar included in the count of 8 sets

5 hours ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Something weird is happening with my bags (hopefully just #6) in my Diagon Alley. I opened all of the #6 bags with the period next to the oval of the six, telling me that's a bag six. But right away i noticed tons of pieces missing, then i skipped ahead pages and realized a lot of pieces missing. I've been looking in the box and not finding any more bags. So upsetting. But then, I found a bag with no period next to the oval, but the bag number and qr code under it (unlike on the 9 bag)....I think this is the other 6...Am I crazy? I guess I just open it and make sure I keep any remaining pieces if I screwed up?!

If the QR code and bag number are under the #, it's bag 6. Here's a link to Brick Builder's speed build of the set. It should start at 8:07, which is immediately before he shows the main bag 6. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, 9 total

Oh thanks for the info. 

With that many sets id love them to go into as much detail as they did with PoA and GoF but even if 2 of those sets are throwbacks to other years ill be happy

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, 9 total

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

9 sets in total sounds amazing, they can rightfully treat The Deathly Hallows with this number. We'll definitely get Gringotts and another Hogwarts expansion, but I wonder if we'll get any sets not based on TDH, like last wave we got a CoS set in OoTP/HBP wave.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

9 sets in total sounds amazing, they can rightfully treat The Deathly Hallows with this number. We'll definitely get Gringotts and another Hogwarts expansion, but I wonder if we'll get any sets not based on TDH, like last wave we got a CoS set in OoTP/HBP wave.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get 1 or 2 sets based on earlier movies (just a guess, not based on some kind of info I have :tongue: )

Assuming the information is correct (even from trusted leaker a pinch of salt is advised as mentioned by the OP) it's good to have the advent calender confirmed, even though it seemed likely from the start. The last two waves would suggest a Slug Club themed calender (Great Hall and Clock Tower got extra minifigs and decorations the last two years) and decorations for that would seem easy to produce. New minifig wise Cormac, Dean, Zabini and Malfoy in suit are candidates, maybe Marcus Belby, although he only appears at the first dinner, or the film only Carrow girls. 

Otherwise Christmas at the Burrow or Grimmauld Place could reuse some figures from the Burrow set and give us some new variants. 

Regarding the eight other sets, there are plenty of brand new locations from the final two movies, if that's what this wave is based on as we presume - Malfoy Manor, the Wedding Tent, the Cafe, the Tent/Pool, Godric's Hollow, Lovegood House, Shell Cottage are all new, as well as revisited places like Gringotts, Hogsmeade, Ministry of Magic, Grimmauld Place and the Flying Motorbike which have been seen in other films but still not appeared in the rebooted theme. 

Oh yeah, and more Hogwarts!