Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

59 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

"I love Queenie" and can never get enough of her smile, but a lot of people have mental disorders and she is clearly one of them :sadnew: If you compare the first movie with the second she is clearly not herself in the latter. She can not be with the man she loves, she is most likely pregnant and this is almost a 100 year ago. On top of that she can hear what everyone else is thinking so that would be enough to drive anyone mental as Ron would have put it. All in all that makes her a easy pray for Grindelwald. It will be interesting to see how her story develops if disappears into the darkness or find her way back to the light with her friends and family :shrug_oh_well:

I was crushed when she went over & took his hand...:cry_sad: I hope Jacob & co. can get her back. I concur with everything you said regarding her character, it’s a sad path she walked down. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I was crushed when she went over & took his hand...:cry_sad: I hope Jacob & co. can get her back. I concur with everything you said regarding her character, it’s a sad path she walked down. 

Speaking of Queenie, Newt's Magical Creatures was the only original set I hadn't bought. But when I started looking for it, it had gone from $70AUD to $120-$150AUD. :cry2: But I just found someone today just down the road from me selling it complete for $25AUD. :head_back: So happy!

8 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Speaking of Queenie, Newt's Magical Creatures was the only original set I hadn't bought. But when I started looking for it, it had gone from $70AUD to $120-$150AUD. :cry2: But I just found someone today just down the road from me selling it complete for $25AUD. :head_back: So happy!

$25AUD!? Even though I'm not big on the set, I'll still take it...

19 hours ago, chris6507 said:

So nice! That really is a great set, it’s a fun idea. And the little briefcase is well designed. 

So... am I the only one who likes the 40289 Micro Diagon Alley better than 75978 Diagon Alley!?

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

So... am I the only one who likes the 40289 Micro Diagon Alley better than 75978 Diagon Alley!?

As in shop selection or do you think the set itself is better? Because I could maybe see your point if you're talking about the shop selection

35 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

As in shop selection or do you think the set itself is better? Because I could maybe see your point if you're talking about the shop selection

The set itself is so much cuter!!!

In fact, I think the micro Weasley Wizard Wheezes is more accurate than the large one!!!

Edited by JintaiZ

I don’t know how reliable this guy or his source is but Bevin’s Bricks has said that Gringott’s and an additional DA add on will be releasing on the first of next year. Exciting news if true.

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I don’t know how reliable this guy or his source is but Bevin’s Bricks has said that Gringott’s and an additional DA add on will be releasing on the first of next year. Exciting news if true.

I have never heard of him so I'll take this with a big grain of salt. Especially considering just how much 1HY 2021 stuff leaked recently and this wasn't on there.

44 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Not that I do or don't believe him, but the first of what? January? July/August? 

I also don't 100% believe him for obvious reasons, but the dude does have a decent following (10K subscribers on YouTube) so I doubt he'd want to purposely jeopardize that by spreading fake info.

25 minutes ago, Surge said:

Not that I do or don't believe him, but the first of what? January? July/August? 

Video says January 1st.

36 minutes ago, Surge said:

January 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have never heard of him so I'll take this with a big grain of salt. Especially considering just how much 1HY 2021 stuff leaked recently and this wasn't on there.

Totally get the skepticism, but he does have a solid following, it’s not like he just made an account like a certain someone. And there’s always some sets that fly under the radar like the the Knight Bus or the Hogwarts Express. Personally I’m more inclined to believe it than normal. 

7 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Totally get the skepticism, but he does have a solid following, it’s not like he just made an account like a certain someone. And there’s always some sets that fly under the radar like the the Knight Bus or the Hogwarts Express. Personally I’m more inclined to believe it than normal. 

I tend to agree with you on this one. This isn’t some random faceless leaker - the guy has an established following. The way he talks makes me want to bash myself in the head with a lamp like Dobby, but he seems legit. Stupid (who forgets the name of the second set that was shared with you in your big exclusive leak video???) but legit.

Gringotts AND a DA add on? In the same wave? So soon after 75978? Localised entirely within your kitchen?

Obviously would be cool but too soon for something so similar to Diagon Alley I think. 

15 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I tend to agree with you on this one. This isn’t some random faceless leaker - the guy has an established following. The way he talks makes me want to bash myself in the head with a lamp like Dobby, but he seems legit. Stupid (who forgets the name of the second set that was shared with you in your big exclusive leak video???) but legit.

I have seen some of his previous predictions based on his 'source' and they have turned out to be good, so I suspect this is credible.  How did he forget the name of the other building though?  He needs a script too.

24 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Totally get the skepticism, but he does have a solid following, it’s not like he just made an account like a certain someone. 

11 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I tend to agree with you on this one. This isn’t some random faceless leaker - the guy has an established following. 

Two points here:

1. He does have a decent following, but the same cannot be said about his anonymous source. So he could easily have been tricked by someone who won't suffer the same consequences :wink: ...if there are any, which brings me to:
  2. Sadly, lying usually doesn't have consequences. Let me tell you a story about Darth Plagueis the Wise Mike Zeroh the Dumb, a stupid youtuber who has built himself a career out of fabricated "leaks". He posts like 3 videos a day filled with made-up nonsense and despite doing this for years, never got anything right, not even by accident (how do you do that?). He's a complete hack and the butt of many jokes in every Star Wars community imaginable, but he's still got a sizable following. Should a certain someone ever dare to show their face again, I'm convinced some people on IG will forgive them and still believe every word they're spewing. Sad, but true

27 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Two points here:

1. He does have a decent following, but the same cannot be said about his anonymous source. So he could easily have been tricked by someone who won't suffer the same consequences :wink: ...if there are any, which brings me to:
  2. Sadly, lying usually doesn't have consequences. Let me tell you a story about Darth Plagueis the Wise Mike Zeroh the Dumb, a stupid youtuber who has built himself a career out of fabricated "leaks". He posts like 3 videos a day filled with made-up nonsense and despite doing this for years, never got anything right, not even by accident (how do you do that?). He's a complete hack and the butt of many jokes in every Star Wars community imaginable, but he's still got a sizable following. Should a certain someone ever dare to show their face again, I'm convinced some people on IG will forgive them and still believe every word they're spewing. Sad, but true

Mike Zeroh only gets shielded because of the fandom menace and his clickbait titles that work the algorithm. As much as I can’t stand the fandom menace, they stick together extremely well and that’s why it seems like he gets off free. Now there are legit concerns about the ST, personally I’m kinda in the middle, but these guys just run on pure anger and YouTubers capitalize on it, because much like politics, everybody just wants to bask in their echo chamber and worship the EU which was way worst than the ST even if it had its bright spots (Legacy). People want to hear that they are right, not the actual truth.Outside that bubble, everybody know Zeroh is hack. And I don’t think this hive mind thankfully exists in the Lego community which has been so great as a whole, so Bevin will lose his credibility much quicker if he is wrong.

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

The video also says that each of these two buildings will be 24 studs wide.  That seems to be an odd dimension, and a very specific detail to remember when he couldn't remember the name of the building.  

33 minutes ago, RODDY said:

And I don’t think this hive mind thankfully exists in the Lego community which has been so great as a whole, so Bevin will lose his credibility much quicker if he is wrong.

Good point. There are some extremists like in every fandom, but at least they're less organised and less loud :grin: The fandom menace on the other hand is just the worst

Still, this rumour (if we want to call it that) is very weird. If true, the Jan wave would consist of four $30 classroom / book sets and two $100 DA add-ons. What madness is this? :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, wooster said:

The video also says that each of these two buildings will be 24 studs wide.  That seems to be an odd dimension, and a very specific detail to remember when he couldn't remember the name of the building.  

This is also odd because that means it can't be built on a baseplate. Unless they come up with a new baseplate for it?

So I sent a direct message to Bevin’s Bricks on Instagram. I tried buttering him up by saying I was a big fan of his YouTube channel. I asked if he knew if a dragon was coming with Gringott’s and if he was able to remember the name of the second set. Here was his response:

Hello and thanks so much for watching.  Sadly no I cant remember and It will be a bit before I get to talk to my source again.  So far everything he's ever told me his always come true so I have to say I believe him but because I haven't seen this news anywhere else I was a little leery to post the video about it.  But he had so much information to share I want to tend to believe him. As for the dragon Thats a really good question.  He didn't have that much details to give though.

I’m so confused by his response... first he says “he had so much information to share” and then he says “he didn’t have that much details to give.”

I really don’t know what to think... this all just sounds so sketchy.