Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For my fellow Dutchies, Kruidvat is selling the Harry and Hedwig poly for 3 euro

I’m a fellow Dutchie but I live in California at the moment...  so no easy Hedwig for me unless I ask the family to get it ?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we were waiting for DA , we did landscapes for my daughter’s HP Lego (she is almost 7 y.o) 😄 the display is not very movie accurate but she loves it and it has heightened her play experience. She just finalised building DA, so now we are planning on doing our own version of BB for Knockturn Alley 

to see her display of Hogwarts: https://imgur.com/a/uHRl52Z

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that harry potter lego printing seems to be really poor. So many of my figures have smudged faces the only ones which don't are my season 1 cmf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter game right now during the PS5 stream. Open world Hogwarts etc, it looks amazing! No words

2021 release, called Hogwarts Legacy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but you guys ready for this?!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modal said:

Slightly off topic, but you guys ready for this?!!!

You're about 19 minutes late :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're about 19 minutes late :tongue:

My bad didn't look above lol have been hyped for this ever since it leaked in 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’ll have to look into getting a PS5 or XBox sometime, since it’s not looking like it’ll be on Switch. There’s probably tons of games I’m missing out on that I’d love anyway - but I’ve always said I’m happy as I am.

Darn it, why do I have to pick the expensive hobbies :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, is it all right if I ask one more generic LEGO Harry Potter question here?  I can't find a more relevant thread.  Is this minifigure's mask supposed to represent a specific Death Eater?  I'm terrible at this sort of interpretation.  My guess is Lucius or Bellatrix, as they are the only prominent Death Eaters in the Order of the Phoenix movie, but who knows?  Thanks!  :classic:

Death Eater - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Sorry, is it all right if I ask one more generic LEGO Harry Potter question here?  I can't find a more relevant thread.  Is this minifigure's mask supposed to represent a specific Death Eater?  I'm terrible at this sort of interpretation.  My guess is Lucius or Bellatrix, as they are the only prominent Death Eaters in the Order of the Phoenix movie, but who knows?  Thanks!  :classic:

Death Eater - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

 

I always thought it was Bellatrix. If you look up Bellatrix's mask, it looks quite a bit like it. Also, generic questions are great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

I always thought it was Bellatrix. If you look up Bellatrix's mask, it looks quite a bit like it. Also, generic questions are great!

Thank you very much!  I've been trying to analyze the old minifigures and determine which ones are worth picking up.  :classic:
At the risk of spamming this thread (I will stop if anyone wants me to), I have another question, this time about this guy:

hp116.jpg

Is that just a variation of Harry's Prisoner of Azkaban costume, or is there another dark-blue outfit that I've forgotten?  Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

hp116.jpg

Is that just a variation of Harry's Prisoner of Azkaban costume, or is there another dark-blue outfit that I've forgotten?  Thanks again.

I personally thought it was the PoA costume, yeah. It may be a mix of various costumes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got my full box of CMF's today.  Got 8 Hermoine but 0 Harry.   I'm a bit bummed as I wanted a few of Harry mostly for the book.  It's really bizarre how some cases follow the same assortment & some get an off count of some figures.  I don't know if I'm the first one who didn't get even one complete set out of the box.  All the other figures match the count pattern correctly.  The box was in a sealed outer LEGO box through a third party so I don't suspect it was tampered with. I've contacted the dealer to see if we can work out an exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karrit said:

So I got my full box of CMF's today.  Got 8 Hermoine but 0 Harry.   I'm a bit bummed as I wanted a few of Harry mostly for the book.  It's really bizarre how some cases follow the same assortment & some get an off count of some figures.  I don't know if I'm the first one who didn't get even one complete set out of the box.  All the other figures match the count pattern correctly.  The box was in a sealed outer LEGO box through a third party so I don't suspect it was tampered with. I've contacted the dealer to see if we can work out an exchange.

Promobricks got 8 Ron's and 0 Hermione's. Theses boxes are (as all LEGO sets are) assembled my machines, mistakes aren't common but they do happen. If you got 8 Hermione's and 0 Harry's there's bound to be someone who's got 0 Hermione's and 8 Harry's. It's also important to remember that the advertising for these boxes almost always explicitely says you're not guaranteed to get 1 or more full series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's a trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter game right now during the PS5 stream. Open world Hogwarts etc, it looks amazing! No words

2021 release, called Hogwarts Legacy

I've been excited for this for ages, it certainly looks exciting! 

Interesting that Hogwarts looks different than it does from the films, rather than stick with the DHII layout as seen in CoG.

Off the top of my head, the Greenhouses are now only along the side of the long gallery and they look joined together, Bell Towers are smaller but Central Tower is taller, Viaduct and Quidditch Pitch are back to HBP position, Boathouse and Stone Bridge have DHII look, Lookout Tower has a new look, Astronomy Tower has moved to a different part of the Courtyard, Training Grounds Tower is tiny, but the Training Grounds are back. 

Most of the buildings have a slightly different look though, like different windows or roofs. The interiors remind me of the old PS/CoS/PoA games. Bit annoyed I'm not getting a PS5 for over a year, looking forward to seeing more! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I've been excited for this for ages, it certainly looks exciting! 

Interesting that Hogwarts looks different than it does from the films, rather than stick with the DHII layout as seen in CoG.

Off the top of my head, the Greenhouses are now only along the side of the long gallery and they look joined together, Bell Towers are smaller but Central Tower is taller, Viaduct and Quidditch Pitch are back to HBP position, Boathouse and Stone Bridge have DHII look, Lookout Tower has a new look, Astronomy Tower has moved to a different part of the Courtyard, Training Grounds Tower is tiny, but the Training Grounds are back. 

Most of the buildings have a slightly different look though, like different windows or roofs. The interiors remind me of the old PS/CoS/PoA games. Bit annoyed I'm not getting a PS5 for over a year, looking forward to seeing more! 

The description of the game on the game's website explicitely mentions the books so I assume Hogwarts is mostly based off those and just uses the main movie layout because of it's recognisability but with some creative liberty taken for gameplay purposes and to make it stand out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hogwarts Legacy looks great!  If sets are made for it, there is good potential for new creatures and interesting environment builds.  If the game pulls more content from the books, even Peeves could get a shot. However, I'm not sure what the chances are of getting more than a small set or two, considering that the Star Wars theme hasn't done many tie-ins for recent games, with Battlefront 2015 getting two battle packs, Battlefront 2 getting one battle pack, and Jedi Fallen Order getting no sets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hogwarts Legacy looks great!  If sets are made for it, there is good potential for new creatures and interesting environment builds.  If the game pulls more content from the books, even Peeves could get a shot. However, I'm not sure what the chances are of getting more than a small set or two, considering that the Star Wars theme hasn't done many tie-ins for recent games, with Battlefront 2015 getting two battle packs, Battlefront 2 getting one battle pack, and Jedi Fallen Order getting no sets.  

According to the Potter wiki Peeves has lift in the castle since the year 993 so I have no doubt he'll appear in the game :excited:

Star Wars gets loads of new contant each year in the form of movies (now on a break), tv shows, games, comics and books and there are still a ton of things they haven't made yet from older material. For Potter they have the main movies and 2 FB films but that's pretty much it, new FB movies only come out once every 2-3 years from the looks of it. I'm not saying we'll definetely get sets based on the game but if LEGO really intends to play the long game with this theme it wouldn't surprise me if we get some smaller sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late 1800s could mean we see the following students at Hogwarts - Albus and Aberforth Dumbledore, Elphias Doge, Bathilda Bagshot, Marvolo Gaunt, Muriel Weasley perhaps? As well as the normal house ghosts, Peeves, maybe a living Binns, Ogg and Pringle too.

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The description of the game on the game's website explicitely mentions the books so I assume Hogwarts is mostly based off those and just uses the main movie layout because of it's recognisability but with some creative liberty taken for gameplay purposes and to make it stand out. 

True, it's also got the wooden bridge so all of Hogwarts from the films is in the game. There is actually very little description of Hogwarts in the books, whcih surprised me when I reread them recently. Suppose it's mostly up to the reader's imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

True, it's also got the wooden bridge so all of Hogwarts from the films is in the game. There is actually very little description of Hogwarts in the books, whcih surprised me when I reread them recently. Suppose it's mostly up to the reader's imagination.

Very true, yet my perception of book Hogwarts still differs from the movie version for some reason :grin: Still very much in the planning phase but I'm really looking forward to completely rebuilding my Hogwarts to more resemble the image I always had in my mind while reading the books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you got 8 Hermione's and 0 Harry's there's bound to be someone who's got 0 Hermione's and 8 Harry's.

I hope that someone isn’t me :oh3: 

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hogwarts Legacy looks great!  If sets are made for it, there is good potential for new creatures and interesting environment builds.

I wouldn’t mind it, but only after they’ve done everything else we absolutely need to get out of this theme :devil: I wonder how they would approach some of the characters though if we were to get sets. Maybe I’m wrong, but the trailer gave me the impression that the main character is customisable and that there are divergent story paths based on your decisions. Limits set potential a bit IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a very lucky run in Sainsbury's yesterday and managed to snag Ginny, Ron, James, Bellatrix and Fred. Only felt around 8 packets! Just Lily and Harry to go now!

I doubt anything major will come of Legacy sets wise - maybe a mini figure pack or the odd small build? Certainly won't be another modular (cool as it would be). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Sorry, is it all right if I ask one more generic LEGO Harry Potter question here?  I can't find a more relevant thread.  Is this minifigure's mask supposed to represent a specific Death Eater?  I'm terrible at this sort of interpretation.  My guess is Lucius or Bellatrix, as they are the only prominent Death Eaters in the Order of the Phoenix movie, but who knows?  Thanks!  :classic:

 

Its none of the prominent death eaters, the graphics are based on one of the masks used in the film, but the light/dark colors have been swapped around.

Untitled-1.png

+ the concept art for it.

tumblr_mzam5mwlg31r3lbo9o10_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Sorry, is it all right if I ask one more generic LEGO Harry Potter question here?  I can't find a more relevant thread.  Is this minifigure's mask supposed to represent a specific Death Eater?  I'm terrible at this sort of interpretation.  My guess is Lucius or Bellatrix, as they are the only prominent Death Eaters in the Order of the Phoenix movie, but who knows?  Thanks!  :classic:

Death Eater - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

 

I've tried to stay away from purchasing old figures as I think most of them will be redone and usually (Bellatrix's skirt not withstanding) done better, and apart from Fluffy and 2010 Dobby because he's just adorable, I've managed it. That being said, this is a figure I've seriously considered getting, but I held off because I thought we might get a Ministry duel set this year. If we don't get more Death Eaters in the next couple of years though I may pick this one up, but I've always thought it was just a random Death Eater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.