Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m gonna be honest, I felt a bit guilty ordering DA spur of the moment, it was so expensive.  I was actually considering returning it before it arrived.  Now that it’s here, no way am I returning it.  It looks so pretty.

33 minutes ago, Myprecious said:

I’m gonna be honest, I felt a bit guilty ordering DA spur of the moment, it was so expensive.  I was actually considering returning it before it arrived.  Now that it’s here, no way am I returning it.  It looks so pretty.

See it as an investment for the future.  I have bought and sold many sets over the years after building and enjoying and displaying them and I have only ever gained when it comes to the sale over the original price.  So treat it well, keep the box and spare parts and run a swiffer over it regularily!

40 minutes ago, Myprecious said:

In my best Ron Weasley voice "Are you mental?  You really need to get your priorities straight!":innocent2::laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

See it as an investment for the future.  I have bought and sold many sets over the years after building and enjoying and displaying them and I have only ever gained when it comes to the sale over the original price.  So treat it well, keep the box and spare parts and run a swiffer over it regularily!

Don’t worry, I keep all my boxes.  Dusting in the other hand isn’t my strong point.

2 hours ago, Zedro said:

About Hogsmeade i can see a very likely possibility. I don´t no if next year but definitely in the future, and also not as expensive as DA. There is a very interesting MOC that I especially like.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4

resize:800:450

Probably can't afford it, but I would still buy that right now. Lol. That looks amazing!

Is 8x16 the smallest plate that is thin like the base plates? I Was hoping to add like 4 studs deep to the DA street, but the 4x8 plates are thicker than the 8x16

It's finally here!  One big puncture hole in the outer box that didn't cause any damage since it was toward the end where the BrickHeadz box was.  Crease in the middle of the top edge of the set box but not something I'm going to bother to make a fuss about.  It isn't any where near as bad as the Bookstore I got last month was.  I need to clean up the mess from the auction lots I'm sorting of old Hogwarts Buildings & other parts before I can start to build this one. 

Just got e-mail from USPS they expect to deliver my box of CMF's on Monday.

Edited by karrit

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

QQS' pink second floor doesn't look great in pictures but irl there's nothing wrong with it. If there's one thing to complain about when it comes to that part of the build it's how boring it was to build :tongue:

Built my DA last night and I definitely agree the pictures don't do the pink justice for some reason. Sand red would have been epic, but unrealistic. 

I can't remember who said it a page or two ago, so can't quote. But i'm wondering with the LEGO video games, is there anyone else who actually preferred the grunts of the characters in LEGO games to the speaking ones? I found the games were a lot funnier before they started actually talking. The ones with original voice work are the next best to me, but I find by far the worst are the ones that have taken the lines straight from the movies such as the Lord of the Rings ones to be quite boring. 

But yeah, just wondering if there's anyone else preferred the old style of the games to the new ones (mainly referring to the video aspects, obviously the gameplay and graphics are better now)?

Got started building my DA, and just finished bag 8; which is the pink upper floor of QQS. So far so good, I’m used to the pink already and really like the building so far. I absolutely love the front window façade of QQS; they did an awesome job to get that angled and all !!!

Tomorrow is Friday so I should be able to do some more building after work.  

Yay !....  ? 

Edited by Wimmer

Did anyone on step 281 of the Flourish and Blots building have circular 1x1’s instead of square 1x1’s? A bit specific but it’s the only pieces I have left that aren’t extras 

just kidding, used the wrong pieces on a previous direction ?

Edited by Modal

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Did anyone on step 281 of the Flourish and Blots building have circular 1x1’s instead of square 1x1’s? A bit specific but it’s the only pieces I have left that aren’t extras 

just kidding, used the wrong pieces on a previous direction ?

Happens to the best of us. I had two D3 stickers left over & I couldn’t for the life of me figure out where(and I clearly didn’t look through the entirety of the book) I missed them originally. Then I was pointed in the right direction, it was the 2 1x6 yellow tiles on front of the Wheezes fella. :facepalm: Fortunately, it was easy enough to get to the pieces to apply the stickers. 

In my defense, it was getting late by the time I got there in the build...

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I can't remember who said it a page or two ago, so can't quote. But i'm wondering with the LEGO video games, is there anyone else who actually preferred the grunts of the characters in LEGO games to the speaking ones? I found the games were a lot funnier before they started actually talking. The ones with original voice work are the next best to me, but I find by far the worst are the ones that have taken the lines straight from the movies such as the Lord of the Rings ones to be quite boring. 

Couldn't agree more. The grunts gave it a unique sense of humor that other games don't have. That goes away when you add in real voices.

hi, I just stumbled upon this video for the first time today (i know - late to the party), but is it just me or are there some really accurate references in this, especially for a video dated 2 years ago? Look at the DA references throughout, as well as the room of requirement with the characters and patronis charms ... maybe clues to what was coming have been right in font of us all this time, which gives me hope for the references to Gringots and the underground scene :D Or am I just reading a little too much into this?

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Couldn't agree more. The grunts gave it a unique sense of humor that other games don't have. That goes away when you add in real voices.

Imo they've found a good balance of physical and VO humor. The comedy aspects may have been a little better in the old games but I found the story poorly communicated most of the time and it gets boring fairly quickly. 

41 minutes ago, LeRuCo said:

hi, I just stumbled upon this video for the first time today (i know - late to the party), but is it just me or are there some really accurate references in this, especially for a video dated 2 years ago? Look at the DA references throughout, as well as the room of requirement with the characters and patronis charms ... maybe clues to what was coming have been right in font of us all this time, which gives me hope for the references to Gringots and the underground scene :D Or am I just reading a little too much into this?

It's a remastered version of 2 games released in 2010 and 2011 so you're definetely looking into it way too much :wink:

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

But yeah, just wondering if there's anyone else preferred the old style of the games to the new ones (mainly referring to the video aspects, obviously the gameplay and graphics are better now)?

Hell nah, I much prefer it with actual voice over, whether it’s taken from films or original, I find that the story is bland and not communicated properly with just grunts, I find it that bad I can’t even go back and replay Lego Harry Potter which I want to do because I find it so dull, if they do a remake with all the films (maybe include the FB films once they’re all out too) with voice over and the new character designs then I’ll 100% play that, but for now LHPVG is dead to me

27 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Hell nah, I much prefer it with actual voice over, whether it’s taken from films or original, I find that the story is bland and not communicated properly with just grunts, I find it that bad I can’t even go back and replay Lego Harry Potter which I want to do because I find it so dull, if they do a remake with all the films (maybe include the FB films once they’re all out too) with voice over and the new character designs then I’ll 100% play that, but for now LHPVG is dead to me

I 100% agree with this

Does anyone else plan on using the phonograph for Lupins DaDa classroom. Between Bogart Snape 3rd year neville lupin and the phonograph, they all help recreate the bogart scene or you could choose harry and a dementor in place of neville and snape

Also I think the release of a durmstrang ship is inevitable at this stage but I also think the second task will end up coming with it which will allow for a higher minifig count. I think if the set is 100 there will be at least 2 sidebuilds representing the stands for the crowd/where the triwizard contestants dive and the second build is some mermaid ruins where the hostages are chained up. I dont see them making the ship at the same scale as one from the pirates of the Caribbean series to be honest. Maybe a bit smaller but still bigger than the lego flying dutchman from spongebob

A minifig lineup could include

Harry

Ron

Hermione 

Krum

Karkaroff (photographers face might be used)

2 mer people

Rita Skeeter (if lockhart was done well in a set then I think she can to

The last 2 (to bring the count to 10) could be any of the following 

Neville (unlikely since 3rd year could potentially work)

Random Durmstrang student

Fleur (sleeping Gabrielle already exists)

Cedric

You guys could be right about the video games. I remember finding them funny when I used to play them and I found Lord of the Rings particularly boring when it just took audio from the movie. I haven't gone back and played the old ones lately compared to the current games, so I could just be remembering them as better than they were. But I personally found the stories quite easy to follow even with their little grunts.

Started rewatching DH part 1 last night and gained a lot more love for the Harry variant included in The Burrow and Forest sets. I previously hated it as not only was it a reused Jurrasic World torso, but it didn't match with those sets' scenes either. However, I realised last night that it's actually a pretty good representation of what he is wearing for the Battle of the Seven Potters, so it is accurate to The Burrow just not that HBP scene with the Death Eaters. 

Hey do any of you guys who didn't buy a full box of cmfs have advice for feeling. Im only missing fred at this stage and while shop staff don't mind me feeling them im still under time constraints and out of the 3 times I've been in store I still haven't found fred

Any tips

2 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Hey do any of you guys who didn't buy a full box of cmfs have advice for feeling. Im only missing fred at this stage and while shop staff don't mind me feeling them im still under time constraints and out of the 3 times I've been in store I still haven't found fred

Any tips

Fred is the one with the betting case right? If yes, then try feeling for that case as well as the hat/hair piece.

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

Fred is the one with the betting case right? If yes, then try feeling for that case as well as the hat/hair piece.

Thanks is the betting case in pieces or whole. I have mistaken books for the case before