Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We’re getting incredibly close to a full roster, so close in fact that some of the most desirable minifigs are variants of characters we already have :laugh: The list of missing characters has become really short now:

- Crabbe

- Goyle

- Blaise

- Pomfrey

- Karkaroff

- Rita Skeeter

- Aberforth

- random Death Eaters (including Thicknesse, Yaxley etc)

- Scabior and other Snatchers

And that’s basically it. The rest are variants (DH P2 Sprout, OotP Tonks & Sirius, other Lockhart costumes, Task 2 costumes etc.)

I think there are quite a few more missing from that list, which is what makes this such an exciting and potentially long-lived series in my eyes. In addition to the missing minifigs you mentioned - and just off the top of my head:

- Lee Jordan

- Colin Creevey

- Angelina Johnson

- Cormac McLaggen

- Justin Finch-Fletchley

- Bem (Black boy with several lines in POA - talks about the Grim)

- Borgin

- Daedalus Diggle

- Narcissa Malfoy

- Rufus Scrimgeour

- Percy Weasley

- Bill Weasley

- Katie Bell

- Madam Rosmerta

- Tom the Innkeeper

- the Ravenclaw ghost

- Mrs. Figg

- several minor Goblin characters

- Firenze

- the Hogwarts Knights

- Xenophilous Lovegood

- Elphias Dodge

- Bathilda Bagshot

- KREACHER

- Mundungus

- several random Ministry wizards and witches

- several random Death Eaters

And these are all just minifigs - imagine if you start adding missing creatures to this list. I have a strong feeling that this series is going to become one of the permanent pillars of LEGO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be in the minority here, but I really just want to see Hogwarts modules more than anything else they might offer. The bell towers would be amazing! More little sets like the RoR would be great too, but I want to see sets to add to the silhouette of the rooftops.

For minifigs, the only character I'm really jonesing for at this point is Kreacher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Question on your list, what are you picturing when you say the Malfoy Manor? Just curious as to a rough idea of what you think this set could look like/incorporate.

There’s actually an official LEGO sketch of a Malfoy Manor set that was supposed to come out in 2011 - I will look for it but it basically features a facade of the Manor (which is technically just the famous Hardwick Hall in Derbyshire with some scary pointy turrets on top of it) and an interior great room space with a chandelier, Narcissa, Bellatrix, our heroes, and a little battle scene. 

Edit: Here is a link to a killer MoC someone made back in 2011. Still looking for the official LEGO concept sketch. If anyone else has it, could you please share?

 

Edited by sebastian666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

My prediction is that we will get:

- Gringott’s Bank - $100+

- Durmstrang Ship - $99

- Malfoy Manor - $60

- Chamber of Secrets (DH2) - $50

- FB3 Niffler Creature Build - $40

- Viaduct Final Battle - $30

- Forest of Dean - $20

- Small Fantastic Beasts 3 Set - $20

Pretty solid list :thumbup: I’m not all that optimistic about FB3 though since a delay to 2022 definitely isn’t off the table yet. Losing six months of production time and still expecting to make the date simply is not realistic in my eyes...

The rest are realistic ideas, but I’m wondering about the minifig potential of some of these, especially the CoS. Just Ron and Hermione? And where would you put the BoH combatants? :wink:

8 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

- Narcissa Malfoy

- Rufus Scrimgeour

- Percy Weasley

- Bill Weasley

- Xenophilous Lovegood

- KREACHER

- Mundungus

I knew I forgot some characters, but these are just embarassing. What was I thinking? :laugh_hard: Some of the rest of your additions I didn’t include because they’re a bit too niche for my liking, especially a lot of the students

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's definitely a long list of characters that could be made. But to me I will be satisfied as long as we get Rita, Crabbe, Goyle, Pomfrey and Narcissa before the theme ends (not at all hoping it to end). The rest would be great, these are just the ones I would feel incomplete without. I guess to me this would be my main roster complete and anything else would be bonuses. :-D

Also... how do you use actual emoticons? Lol.

109_0062-1.jpgThis the one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

There's definitely a long list of characters that could be made. But to me I will be satisfied as long as we get Rita, Crabbe, Goyle, Pomfrey and Narcissa before the theme ends (not at all hoping it to end). The rest would be great, these are just the ones I would feel incomplete without.

As much as I want all the characters, I agree that some feel more pressing to make the lineup feel more 'complete'. I would though add Karkaroff to your list.

To use emoticons, click on the smiley face at the top of the text box and you should get a box open with some more emoticon options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s the official LEGO concept sketch for the interior of the canceled Malfoy Manor set from 2011:

YrLGCs7.jpg

 

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m wondering about the minifig potential of some of these, especially the CoS. Just Ron and Hermione?

Good point. Maybe LEGO will be generous and give us the Year 2 version of the Chamber and let us make our own basilisk skeleton for the DH scene. I would love a big badass Basilisk build, Fawkes with open wings, and Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, and Tom Riddle minifigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Here’s the official LEGO concept sketch for the interior of the canceled Malfoy Manor set from 2011:

YrLGCs7.jpg

 

Thanks for that. So kind of like a large room of requirement type set up then. Is that supposed to be Hermione next to harry? Looks more like Xenophilius. Lol.

 

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As much as I want all the characters, I agree that some feel more pressing to make the lineup feel more 'complete'. I would though add Karkaroff to your list.

To use emoticons, click on the smiley face at the top of the text box and you should get a box open with some more emoticon options.

I don't know why, but even though logically it makes sense that It should feel incomplete without Karkaroff, I just don't really feel that way. Even though he has a relatively significant part in Goblet of Fire, he has just never stood out to me, always felt like a side character even more than Madame Maxine (I'm only a movie watcher, haven't read the books, so there might be something i'm missing).

Although I will admit I would prefer to have had a Karkaroff over two Madame Maxine's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Lego are going to cover Malfoy Manor for a few reasons. 1) I know this is just a concept sketch, but the similarity between say this and the Room of Requirement set is quite clear - basically a set of minifigures with a wall section and fireplace - and I'm not sure what else Lego could do for the scene on a small scale. 2) I think a lot of us were expecting a Ministry battle set this year - I was thinking a small £20 set with some shelves of prophecies maybe and an exploding action feature - but this, for me at least, very memorable part of OOTP was skipped over. Now I know they only have so many set places to fill and we can't get everything, but it seems to me like Lego is trying to stay away from the outright battle scenes where possible. The Rise Of Voldermort is an exception to this I think only because it is such an iconic moment you can hardly ignore it. Even then Cedric was in the CMF and not in the set so it focused more on the battle rather than death. 3) A Malfoy Manor set would arguably need to include Bellatrix and either Lego will really surprise me and include her in a small set or they will want to keep her exclusive to The Burrow for now.

 

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I don't know why, but even though logically it makes sense that It should feel incomplete without Karkaroff, I just don't really feel that way. Even though he has a relatively significant part in Goblet of Fire, he has just never stood out to me, always felt like a side character even more than Madame Maxine (I'm only a movie watcher, haven't read the books, so there might be something i'm missing).

Although I will admit I would prefer to have had a Karkaroff over two Madame Maxine's.

I understand where you're coming from. Karkaroff does feel slightly sidelined to Maxime in the movies I think both because Hagrid likes Maxime and because a scene with Karkaroff and Snape highlighting more of his death eater past was also deleted. In the books I think the roles are a bit more even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I would love a big badass Basilisk build, Fawkes with open wings, and Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, and Tom Riddle minifigs.

So a modern rework of 4730?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do get a Gringotts break-in set, it could be a chance to give us a printed Bellatrix dress piece with Hermione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I believe most of the retro-Hogwarts sets have decreased in value in recent years since much better version are available for sale, it does not appear that has occurred for the old Diagon Alley yet, which has climbed in price recently: https://www.brickeconomy.com/set/10217-1/lego-harry-potter-diagon-alley 

I would guess this is because the old Diagon Alley includes Gringotts which a lot of people will be wanting to add onto their new Diagon Alley even if it doesn't quite fit the aesthetic as is.

Edited by droobles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple year lurker, first time poster.

Recently got DA and it has been quite a trip building. It’s my first large scale high detail set I’ve ever made and it is so very different from normal sets that are released. I feel almost spoiled by it and don’t know if other sets will hold up after this. It’s a great piece overall. Though at this point in time I feel like Lego Harry Potter is teaching a bigger sweet point Where they will have released sets from every movie. I worry that the theme may be approaching another hiatus and will be on pause again. I hope not as this relaunch has really reinvigorated my desire to build again and I’d love to see this become evergreen. All the same happy to be participating and looking forward to what comes next year, and the burrow whenever I can get my hands on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 2:37 PM, sebastian666 said:

LEGO has shown that the interiors of the castle are very very loosely based on what is actually supposed to be inside them. I see no problem with making the Chamber a ground floor set but still giving it the feeling of being under the girls bathroom. Someone else on here has actually done an excellent mock-up of a small modular set that features the Chamber as well as the girls bathroom and the Slytherin dorm. Whoever that was - do you mind sharing your mock-up again?

Hi I think you are talking about my concepts? If so thanks for the recognition :)

I am happy to share them again:

This is the Chamber of Secrets, which nicely fits into the Training Grounds tower and the two adjacent long sides of the Astronomy courtyard:

LEGO The Chamber of Secrets

The side building is the one which connects to the side of the Astronomy tower, and includes the chamber entrance with a slide underneath!
This floor plan below shows how they could all combine together to complete the courtyard (The Chamber of Secrets are all the red buildings on the right hand side): 

Lego Hogwarts Courtyard Floor-plan Concept

Below is also the earlier prototypes, with the bathroom and Slytherin common room in a separate set (basically an update of 4712 and 4735 combined together):

LEGO Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets (Sketch)

Polyjuice set below, which would still work with Myrtle taken out:

LEGO Hogwarts Girl’s Bathroom (Sketch)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Hi I think you are talking about my concepts? If so thanks for the recognition :)

I am happy to share them again:

This is the Chamber of Secrets, which nicely fits into the Training Grounds tower and the two adjacent long sides of the Astronomy courtyard:

LEGO The Chamber of Secrets

The side building is the one which connects to the side of the Astronomy tower, and includes the chamber entrance with a slide underneath!
This floor plan below shows how they could all combine together to complete the courtyard (The Chamber of Secrets are all the red buildings on the right hand side): 

Lego Hogwarts Courtyard Floor-plan Concept

Below is also the earlier prototypes, with the bathroom and Slytherin common room in a separate set (basically an update of 4712 and 4735 combined together):

LEGO Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets (Sketch)

Polyjuice set below, which would still work with Myrtle taken out:

LEGO Hogwarts Girl’s Bathroom (Sketch)

 

Yes! This is exactly the set I was thinking of. These designs are amazing. Thanks so much for re-sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, Vindicare said:

So far I’ve only found them in Target. Official stores also have them, provided close ones are open to actually go in, which would probably be the best bet to getting a full box. It couldn’t hurt to ask at Target though. The minifguremaddness is out of the UK. 

Thanks!

On 9/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Seaber said:

I think the way the modules currently work is great. The 2001-2002 waves featured parts which didn't connect to the main structure (like the Sorting Hat) and you needed to have certain sets to get the correct heights and width to fit the level above. Now it's very much pick whatever sets you want and they'll all fit together however you like. 

I kind of liked the old stackable design, that they often weren't such expensive sets, and the ability to pick and choose the scenes I liked more. For instance I gave Fluffy and co. a pass but got the potions classroom. I've got more money to spend on it now (although less and less space lol), but can still feel the appeal of having smaller scenes on offer. Some of the rooms feel too pokey with the current design, more like they've been referenced but aren't playable or missing relevant bits. (Like Slughorn's office doesn't really matter (aside from repurposing it to be Flitwick's for Dumbldore's death), but Sluggy's lounge and the scene where Ron is poisoned does, but isn't present.)

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

3) A Malfoy Manor set would arguably need to include Bellatrix and either Lego will really surprise me and include her in a small set or they will want to keep her exclusive to The Burrow for now.

Bellatrix is also in the CMF series 2 (albeit in prison garb, but present). I would love a smallish Malfoy Manor Set, but I think my limit would be 65 as the max, so there's no way they could do more than a scene that way. That said, if they realised that sketch as a set, I'd be all over it.

 

Given we got a basilisk (of sorts) with the Great Hall set and a buildable Fawkes, I can't see them making a CoS era CoS. A DH version maybe.

Adding Pansy Parkinson to the list of minifigs I'd like. (Caveat that as the actress changed a couple of times, I don't even know what I think she should look like, but a black bob would be a good start.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

My CMF order from theminifigurestore.uk and it should be here tomorrow or Friday!! ????

Nice! Photos really don’t do them justice. The level of detail is incredible. I think you’re going to love them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sebastian666 said:

Nice! Photos really don’t do them justice. The level of detail is incredible. I think you’re going to love them.

I don’t doubt it, for me the figures are always the thing that drags me to a set, especially small sets like the Aragog and Expecto Patronum sets, so I look forward to these very much, I’m also getting 2 extra packs from work tomorrow as I got a £5 voucher so I only had to pay £2 to get 2 figures ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed my CMF today. I only needed Neville and Sprout and found them in Tesco. They had one box and it didn't look like many had been bought yet. Was very wary of getting told off for feeling bags so after feeling three bags and no luck just decided to go straight for the back of the box and found Sprout and then Neville straight away right at the back of the left and middle row. Hands sanitised before and after obviously. :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an update from Fedex that they will be delivering my Diagon Alley tomorrow.  Also received notice that my box of CMF's is shipping so should get them sometime next week, hopefully early in the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

RIP BacktoBrick's calendar, you shall be missed :sadnew: :snicker:

:head_back:

On an interesting note, all the figures in the calendar come with two wand sprues. Sure this wasn't the case last year. So unless I'm missing something, every figure gets three extra wands. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

:head_back:

On an interesting note, all the figures in the calendar come with two wand sprues. Sure this wasn't the case last year. So unless I'm missing something, every figure gets three extra wands. 

You should really save it for Christmas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.