Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

No luck buying presorted CMF series at local LEGO in TX today.  

Guess I’ll wait to smoosh myself a set at Walmart at a hopefully discounted price in the coming weeks...

Can we all agree that the mermaid wall in the (clock tower set) will be the side wall of the slytherin dorms present in the bell tower set in the next wave. The designers are simply not gonna only have Ravenclaw and gryffindor dorms without at least slytherin, my guess is both slytherin an Hufflepuff will be in the bell tower set.

also the height of the great hall makes way more sense now after seeing all the sets combined, so the astronomy tower could be the tallest! 

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Yeah, it’s where mine shipped from at least

In Canada they seem to ship from Niagara Falls.  Maybe the LEGO sets start off on the journey by being pushed over the falls in a barrel and then it takes a few days to retrieve them before Fedex can officially update the status.

48 minutes ago, Bessabuild said:

Can we all agree that the mermaid wall in the (clock tower set) will be the side wall of the slytherin dorms present in the bell tower set in the next wave. The designers are simply not gonna only have Ravenclaw and gryffindor dorms without at least slytherin, my guess is both slytherin an Hufflepuff will be in the bell tower set.

also the height of the great hall makes way more sense now after seeing all the sets combined, so the astronomy tower could be the tallest! 

We don't know if we're getting a Bell Tower set. It was a rumor made up by you so theres not much credibility 

In other news, I finally got the shipping confirmation and my tracking code, will be arriving the 8th or 9th.

I finally got my shipping notice from FedEx.  Still showing mine should be delivered on Tuesday.  As if the impending snow storm wasn't enough we now have a huge forest fire about 50 miles away that doubled in size overnight Saturday into Sunday that is raining down ashes all over our city as well as the rest of the county and the smoke covers pretty much the whole eastern side of Colorado.  Visibility is awful due to the smoke & ash.  

11 hours ago, Gorki247 said:

From all the characters released pre-2018, the only ones of which we haven't had new versions are: Narcissa, Karkaroff, Crabbe, Goyle, Peeves, Werewolf Lupin and Shark Krum. I would expect at least one new figure for these in future (Crabbe may be a bit problematic. Not sure how the issues surrounding an actor would affect the inclusion of a minifig).

There was also a merman, some non-named goblins and a big-fig troll. I would mind to see re-releases of those as well.

I think the Beorn figure from the Hobbit was released after the actor was arrested for some drugs offence. I doubt it would be a problem anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think the Beorn figure from the Hobbit was released after the actor was arrested for some drugs offence. I doubt it would be a problem anyway. 

I agree, it's just like with JK Rowling herself really. People need to be able to see character and portrayer (or in Rowlings case books and writer) as 2 seperate things

On 8/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, Metanoios91 said:

Don`t be too hard on him. Justin, MandR and others were doing exactly that for years and some of their videos were actually good. During that time the leaks weren`t distributed as fast over the interwaves as they are now. Though once they get into the Ambassador program and are getting actual info from Lego early, they tend to not report on it in their videos and wait to get the green light from Lego. Because they would loose their ambassador status and the chance to get early review copies sent by Lego. That`s why MandR is still making more leak videos than Just2good because he didn`t get in (Solid brix studios did)

The problem nowadays is filtering out the noise from fake leakers.

I am in LAN.

Mikael Persbrandt (Beorn) is a very well-known and well-respected actor in Scandinavia, so I dont any drug-story would have an impact on the decision to make a minifig.

Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) has had numerous cocaine convictions, and has even been jailed, and that didnt stop LEGO from producing scores of Iron Man figures...!

13 hours ago, Gorki247 said:

From all the characters released pre-2018, the only ones of which we haven't had new versions are: Narcissa, Karkaroff, Crabbe, Goyle, Peeves, Werewolf Lupin and Shark Krum.

That’s a pleasantly short list :thumbup: It shouldn’t be all that hard to fill in the gaps, with the exception of Peeves of course :tongue: Crabbe is problematic, but not directly due to his actor’s actions, but rather indirectly through the resulting omission of his from both DH instalments. Sure, he appears in plenty of scenes between PS and HBP, but these certainly won’t be the focus of the upcoming wave.

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s a pleasantly short list :thumbup: It shouldn’t be all that hard to fill in the gaps, with the exception of Peeves of course :tongue: Crabbe is problematic, but not directly due to his actor’s actions, but rather indirectly through the resulting omission of his from both DH instalments. Sure, he appears in plenty of scenes between PS and HBP, but these certainly won’t be the focus of the upcoming wave.

Not the focus indeed, but they can make a sidestep like they did with Privet Drive this year. If not there's always 2022 where they can fill in the gaps, *cough* Chamber of Secrets *cough*. :P

46 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

My order just shipped and it is coming Friday. Very disappointed. 

Why are you disappointed?  At least it's on the way!  :classic:
Mine is still in warehouse, but to be fair, I ordered it on September 2, so I may have to wait a few more days for it to ship.

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

FedEx still says “pending”, Lego still says my order will arrive yesterday

Haha same here. Mine has at least moved from Romeoville to Chicago though.

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Same, it seems we’ll be getting ours at almost exactly the same time. It’ll be fun to see which one comes first lol. What part of the US do you live in (if you don’t mind me asking. You absolutely don’t have to answer if you don’t want to)

44 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same, it seems we’ll be getting ours at almost exactly the same time. It’ll be fun to see which one comes first lol. What part of the US do you live in (if you don’t mind me asking. You absolutely don’t have to answer if you don’t want to)

Me three! Delivery date of Thursday for my packages. 18 lbs, what a beast! Seems like the GWP is shipping separately? Got multiple tracking numbers coming my way. Any feedback on how they did packaging for the DA? Sometimes they just throw large sets in any old oversize box, and other times they make a custom shipper.

35 minutes ago, baublitz said:

Me three! Delivery date of Thursday for my packages. 18 lbs, what a beast! Seems like the GWP is shipping separately? Got multiple tracking numbers coming my way. Any feedback on how they did packaging for the DA? Sometimes they just throw large sets in any old oversize box, and other times they make a custom shipper.

My GWP arrived by itself yesterday

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Anybody else have theirs coming Friday?

Yes, mine now says Friday too. I'm disappointed also. At least I have the Astronomy Tower to build on my birthday.

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Why are you disappointed?  At least it's on the way!  :classic:
Mine is still in warehouse, but to be fair, I ordered it on September 2, so I may have to wait a few more days for it to ship.

What has changed your mind? I can remember that you stated that you can't justify buying the set without Gringotts and B&B ??

25 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

What has changed your mind? I can remember that you stated that you can't justify buying the set without Gringotts and B&B ??

Oh snap, you’re right ?

Well, first of all I wasn’t trying to deceive you all.  I really did change my mind, mostly because I need something to help me stay calm during the US Presidential election.  So I’ll be building it on November 3/4.  :blush:

Also, just as a Lego set, it’s a marvelous feat of architecture, brimming with beautiful details, so I’m going to try to appreciate it on its own, rather than waiting for inevitable expand sets to be released.  

7 hours ago, Salix said:

Not the focus indeed, but they can make a sidestep like they did with Privet Drive this year. If not there's always 2022 where they can fill in the gaps, *cough* Chamber of Secrets *cough*. :P

A Chamber of Secrets set could even include the trio in their Polyjuice attires. We already have Riddle and Myrtle and Ginny is ridiculously easy to make with existing parts so just imagine something like Harry (Goyle), Ron (Crabbe), Hermione (cat), Tom Riddle (reuse), Ginny (made up of reused pieces) and a new Lockhart. Could work fairly well I'd say!

19 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Oh snap, you’re right ?

Well, first of all I wasn’t trying to deceive you all.  I really did change my mind, mostly because I need something to help me stay calm during the US Presidential election.  So I’ll be building it on November 3/4.  :blush:

Also, just as a Lego set, it’s a marvelous feat of architecture, brimming with beautiful details, so I’m going to try to appreciate it on its own, rather than waiting for inevitable expand sets to be released.  

Doing that might cause you to associate the set with the election which could be frustrating if the election results make you unhappy. It might end up being a meter long reminder of something you would rather forget.