Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

It “...Shall-Not-Be-Named...” anymore ? 

Edited by Wimmer

Yeah, no...let’s not go back to posting fake “rumors”. Or impersonating people. 

Move along please—don’t give it the time of day. :thumbup:

As this point predicting Gringotts is about as difficult as predicting Harry will be in the sets

Well I guess that new 12 figures a series rumor explains my half sized Harry Potter cmf 2 box. A real shame though. It's feeling kinda empty and ruins the surprise a little as there's way less  (25%) surprises to get. I hope they won't cut it again after this.

19 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well I guess that new 12 figures a series rumor explains my half sized Harry Potter cmf 2 box. A real shame though. It's feeling kinda empty and ruins the surprise a little as there's way less  (25%) surprises to get. I hope they won't cut it again after this.

Was yours a 30 box? Or it doesn't say?

According to FedEx, my DA should arrive tomorrow. If true, that would be perfect timing.
I’m almost done taking apart and boxing my Technic Lamborghini Sián;... I had to because the shelf is only this wide and DA is going to use it all. ? 

52 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

According to FedEx, my DA should arrive tomorrow. If true, that would be perfect timing.
I’m almost done taking apart and boxing my Technic Lamborghini Sián;... I had to because the shelf is only this wide and DA is going to use it all. ? 

How exciting! Hope it arrives safely and that you'll have happy building!

I finished building DA a few hours ago and it’s stunning. I tried moving the modules around a few different ways to see what looked best (to me), and decided on a layout where Ollivanders/Scribbulus and WWW are connected on one side, and facing them across from them are F&B and QQS respectively. It pretty much aligns with how I’ve imagined where each shop was when thinking back to my memory of the movies, and even if it’s not the most accurate, being able to look down the alley is something magical

7 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I finished building DA a few hours ago and it’s stunning. I tried moving the modules around a few different ways to see what looked best (to me), and decided on a layout where Ollivanders/Scribbulus and WWW are connected on one side, and facing them across from them are F&B and QQS respectively. It pretty much aligns with how I’ve imagined where each shop was when thinking back to my memory of the movies, and even if it’s not the most accurate, being able to look down the alley is something magical

I haven't built mine yet, but that is the layout I'm thinking off as my cabinet can't fit it as one long display. I'm hoping the 'alley' effect will look good displayed in the cabinet too. Should also just be enough room to fit Gringotts in at the end ... I hope. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well I guess that new 12 figures a series rumor explains my half sized Harry Potter cmf 2 box.

The half-sized boxes have nothing to do with that since they’ve existed for a while now :wink: The only ones I have in that format are two of these from the DC series. The new boxes will contain either 36 or 72 minifigs, according to promobricks

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I mean it sorta makes sense for the normal CMFs, with LEGO clearly running out of ideas (even though there are still plenty of things they've never done before) but if this stretches to licensed CMFs as well that would really suck as each of them still has plenty of potential CMF candidates :sceptic:

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So if Promobricks' most recent rumor is true it looks like Harry Potter Series 2 is the last CMF series to get 16 figures. Starting in 2021 each series will only contain 12 figures and have 2 box sizes: 36 and 72 bags. Prices will remain the same as they are now. 

Smaller amounts of figures in regular CMFs wouldn't bother me, I usually want between 2-8 of them, they normally just aren't for me, but I'd never say Lego was running out if ideas. Pretty much every figure is very good, but the costumes and City/Town figures are rarely what I'm after. 

If Harry Potter (currently the only Licenced theme I'm interested in that has a CMF) went down to 12 figures, you'd imagine Harry would still appear, probably Ron and Hermione too, leaving only maybe nine places free for more diverse characters. If they keep the trend of about half the figures being students too... 

Having said that, series 3 isn't even confirmed so :) 

Edited by Seaber

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Smaller amounts of figures in regular CMFs wouldn't bother me, I usually want between 2-8 of them, they normally just aren't for me, but I'd never say Lego was running out if ideas. Pretty much every figure is very good, but the costumes and City/Town figures are rarely what I'm after. 

If Harry Potter (currently the only Licenced theme I'm interested in that has a CMF) went down to 12 figures, you'd imagine Harry would still appear, probably Ron and Hermione too, leaving only maybe nine places free for more diverse characters. If they keep the trend of about half the figures being students too... 

Having said that, series 3 isn't even confirmed so :) 

It's a matter of opinion of course but if you compare the latest couple of regular CMFs to older ones it's obvious that there are a lot of reused concepts, even though there are still plenty of things that could be done (as shown by the custom CMFs made by EB members). I'm personally not a fan of the regular CMFs and rarely get any of them so if this change doesn't affects licensed series I'm completely fine with it. But we all know that the chances of LEGO only changing this for the regular CMFs and keeping the licensed ones untouched is about as large as a lead designer spreading rumors about future products on a forum like this one :tongue:

The thing with 12 figures for a licensed serie is also that we usually already lose at least 3 slots towards variants of the main trio, just to take HP for example. And realistically that might even be more considering there's also dumbledore and such. That might mean less then 6 new characters for a series. That sounds really disappointing.

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The half-sized boxes have nothing to do with that since they’ve existed for a while now :wink: The only ones I have in that format are two of these from the DC series. The new boxes will contain either 36 or 72 minifigs, according to promobricks

Oh? Never knew that. That's pretty interesting. 

12 hours ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

So? Anyone can make detailed, fake leaks. Kingnono did it, so did that Voldemort account on here. But thats neither here nor there, so let's move on

I meant it more as like an easy way to see if he was right once we see the 2021 sets for ourselves

My daughters (7 and 3) and I just bought DA together and are currently building it. My 7-year-old is a Potterhead like me and has most of the recent sets. We are currently making landscape plates for the sets for her to play. 
We already love the details of DA. 
Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I can find inspiration for a brick wall entrance? Thank you in advance.

I have enjoyed reading here the past couple of months ?

Edited by Mischief managed

8 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Wait Legos can Arrive on a weekend? I thought they only arrived on week days?

2 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

It's monday tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

It seems they can. I received my set today in the UK. Wasn't expecting it at all, especially on a Sunday but also because I only ordered it on Friday. Never received a set that quickly.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's monday tomorrow 

oh on my time it looks like it says he said it on Saturday and also I would think Lego would be even less likely to send it on a holiday?

I’m not too worried about the CMF being 12 in regards to Lego Harry Potter. We have most of the characters,  I think the most notable ones left to do would probably be Rita, Karakoraf, Aberforth, OoTP Sirius, Purple Haired Tonks, a gold variant of Lockhart, Werewolf Lupin, Xenophilius, and Percy Weasley. Young Mauraders would be cool too. Narcissa will probably come in a set next year so I’m not worried about her. But yeah I don’t what other ones that wouldn’t be too obscure be in the next CMF. 

Edited by RODDY

2 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

oh on my time it looks like it says he said it on Saturday and also I would think Lego would be even less likely to send it on a holiday?

You’re correct !   I did say that Saturday. The FedEx now says “Out for delivery” since 06.39 (!) this morning, but delivery date changed overnight from the 6th to the 8th.  So definitely not delivering on our holiday; but weird it says “On vehicle out for delivery” if it won’t come for another two days ?

I’m a bit confused now, but I guess it will be Tuesday now ?...

:sad:

16 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I’m not too worried about the CMF being 12 in regards to Lego Harry Potter. We have most of the characters,  I think the most notable ones left to do would probably be Rita, Karakoraf, Aberforth, OoTP Sirius, Purple Haired Tonks, a gold variant of Lockhart, Werewolf Lupin, Xenophilius, and Percy Weasley. Young Mauraders would be cool too. Narcissa will probably come in a set next year so I’m not worried about her. But yeah I don’t what other ones that wouldn’t be too obscure be in the next CMF. 

OOTP Lucius is a must have for me as well as Yaxley and Scabior. I would also love third task versions of Fluer and Krum as well as second task versions of everyone

About to be starting the pink cube part. Ugh I kinda wish someone had a MOC for above The Daily Prophet now. Otherwise a beautiful build so far!

Edited by Modal

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

OOTP Lucius is a must have for me as well as Yaxley and Scabior. I would also love third task versions of Fluer and Krum as well as second task versions of everyone

I have a strong feeling we will be getting the second task as part of a Durmstrang ship set next year. The inclusion of the little Durmstrang toy ship build in this year’s advent calendar felt almost like a clue... Plus, there are really no other “vehicle” sets I can imagine being included in the next wave - unless they make a third version of the Ford Anglia :laugh_hard:. I can see the Durmstrang ship set including the four Triwizard champions in their second task appearances (shark-head Krum, bubble-head Fleur and Cedric, gills and fins Harry), Karkaroff, Rita Skeeter, a couple mermaids, and some new Gryndilows.