Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So I think I’m going to add two more modulars to DA for fun. One will be Madam Malin’s Robes for All Occasions and the other will be Eyelop’s Owl Emporium/Magical Menagerie

One thing I’m noticing about the buildings, WAY too much purple lol

Also, don’t know if Magical Menagerie should be the WB tour or the Universal Green version. The one in the studio tour is just a small red window in the corner, which would make it easy to add as a second small building. The green one in the theme park looks cooler though.

Edited by Modal

@Modal that is the beauty of your MOC.  You get to decide what works for you.  I built up a leaky cauldron, the outside looks like the movie scene from PS.  The back looks like Universal Orlando!

2 minutes ago, more awesomer said:

@Modal that is the beauty of your MOC.  You get to decide what works for you.  I built up a leaky cauldron, the outside looks like the movie scene from PS.  The back looks like Universal Orlando!

You’re right! That sounds awesome, do you have any pics?

Great to see this theme place in TLG's top selling themes! Happy to see the designers hard work really pay off. I can only imagine this current wave will do even better for them. Can't wait to see what sets will come next especially since it's outperforming some of our other evergreen themes. Hoping after Year 7 they circle back and fill in all the gaps! 20 year younger me would be over the moon right now

1 hour ago, bluedog1111 said:

Has anybody in the USA had their order ship yet if so in which area are you?

Are you signed up for FedEx delivery manager? LEGO's website has been extremely unreliable for me during this release time, more than usual releases. 

Anyways, I logged into that and saw both of my September 1st orders with tracking numbers. Lego still says in Warehouse with no additional information. This would coincide with what others have said that they got their deliveries before Lego even said it was shipped in some cases.

Seems like most of us will get it Friday or Saturday, and at the latest next Tuesday or Wednesday sadly. I also wanted to note that I ordered in the first 5 minutes on August 31st but my order number still pretty high as compared to those here in the thread. Perhaps I had a bank verification that left my order pending for a while...

17 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Are you able to share a picture of the box you are talking about? I've never seen anything like it!

Struggled too much with uploading the images so I put the into a Google docs document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kWNBqUubAsUPqwU6EOCWxsMUYjG-2SUXv4DmCm4L-IY/edit?usp=drivesdk

Not ideal, but it works xD. As you can see the box is about half the size of a regular box.

23 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Struggled too much with uploading the images so I put the into a Google docs document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kWNBqUubAsUPqwU6EOCWxsMUYjG-2SUXv4DmCm4L-IY/edit?usp=drivesdk

Not ideal, but it works xD. As you can see the box is about half the size of a regular box.

interesting that Ron isn't on the box

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So my Hagrid and Buckbeak has shipped but not my DA. Anyone else?

Me too.

On an unrelated note am I allowed to advertise a Lego world builders project that I have contributed a little to and also really want to be made?

3 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Has anybody in the USA had their order ship yet if so in which area are you?

I received notice that it shipped today. I ordered it before midnight on 8/31, so I know I was super early in the ordering process. And yet it seems to be shipping later than most other people. What's the point in being at the ready if you get pushed aside anyway??

Oh well. I guess I will just have to receive it after Labor Day weekend.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m the opposite...thankfully. Sorry. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Order shipped out on the 2nd and received mine just a few minutes ago in Chicago! Can't wait! 

As an aside, first time posting but I've been reading since page 100 or 200 or so. I wanted to thank you all for such a wonderful forum and such amazing fans of Harry Potter and Lego.Since Quarantine has started Harry Potter Legos have been a sense of joy in a very dark time in my life. My fiance and I's cat past away a few weeks ago. This set will be good therapy for both of us as we mourn. You all are amazing and glad, for those that have ordered them and are waiting for them still, the sets will bring you all joy as well. 

Diagon Alley Pic.jpg

Do the Lego D2C sets go on sale or should I just get the set now if it is unlikely to get cheaper.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, sebastian666 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much. It was just one LEGO store employee that I spoke to in Manhattan. The LEGO employee I spoke to here in Delaware said 1am East Coast time. Something about the distribution center being in Central Time. No one had a firm answer. I’m not taking any chances. I’ll be checking at 11pm ET too 

Didn’t @Azani confirm it though?

Hey, real quick: I've been using @YetiZombie's tool, and it's been seamless this far for 75978 as the availability front goes.

HP-4 exists. The "Monster Book of Monsters" kit does not.

39 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

As an aside, first time posting but I've been reading since page 100 or 200 or so. I wanted to thank you all for such a wonderful forum and such amazing fans of Harry Potter and Lego.Since Quarantine has started Harry Potter Legos have been a sense of joy in a very dark time in my life. My fiance and I's cat past away a few weeks ago. This set will be good therapy for both of us as we mourn. You all are amazing and glad, for those that have ordered them and are waiting for them still, the sets will bring you all joy as well. 

Welcome! Happy to have you join our merry band of misfits. And I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s one of the hardest things to go through. I hope happy memories bring you some comfort. It sounds like building Diagon Alley will be a wonderful distraction though! Enjoy!

What’s the easiest way to get generic white mini figure heads? I have enough student robes and small legs for generics Hogwarts students, but I don’t have enough different faces

35 minutes ago, Modal said:

What’s the easiest way to get generic white mini figure heads? I have enough student robes and small legs for generics Hogwarts students, but I don’t have enough different faces

Bricklink is the only way I can think of. Maybe bricks and pieces but I'm not sure if it has non yellow faces. Personally I just buy random licensed cmf figures from other themes but that's not the cheapest route to go. 

3 hours ago, Surge said:

interesting that Ron isn't on the box

Yeah now you mention it. Hadn't even noticed it. The entire existence of this box is a mystery to me altogether. And yet it is on my shelf xD

Just completed the set, and it’s easily the best set this year IMO, and that’s saying something :wub: The building process was very enjoyable with lots of interesting techniques. And it looks stunning on display!

2 hours ago, Modal said:

The Upside Down set is the only set I think at the minute that has White Faces. There are two white female faces, two white male faces and one brown male face. There is one other, but it has a beard, so no much use for students. I ordered two of each with my Diagon Alley Order.

Edited by chris6507
Upside Down, Not Hidden Side.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:13 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

Also got the gwp polybag at Kruidvat for only 3 euro, so that was a nice surprise. And they seem to have plenty.

Good to know, thanks! I will pass by my local Kruidvat to see if they have them too.

No Diagon Alley before the weekend for me, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. As a small consolidation prize my box of S2 CMF figures is scheduled to arrive today though, so at least some Harry Potter goodness to enjoy.

23 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

No Diagon Alley before the weekend for me, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. As a small consolidation prize my box of S2 CMF figures is scheduled to arrive today though, so at least some Harry Potter goodness to enjoy.

Did you buy the whole box? And where did you buy it from?

30 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

As a small consolidation prize my box of S2 CMF figures is scheduled to arrive today though, so at least some Harry Potter goodness to enjoy.

I would be interested to hear your box distribution. Reports are suggesting boxes are very random in terms of the number of each character and some characters are even missing from boxes. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Bainter-ban said:

Did you buy the whole box? And where did you buy it from?

I bought a whole box from Norwegian retailer Brikkebutikken.no

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I would be interested to hear your box distribution. Reports are suggesting boxes are very random in terms of the number of each character and some characters are even missing from boxes. :sceptic:

I'll share the distribution details once I've worked my way through the box, sure hope I get a box with "normal" distribution. I think the seemingly random distribution is a mistake in the packing, hopefully it only affects a subset of the boxes.

Edited by LegoFjotten
Typo

6 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I'll share the distribution details once I've worked my way through the box, sure hope I get a box with "normal" distribution. I think the seemingly random. distribution is a mistake in the packing, hopefully it only affects a subset of the boxes.

Thank you :thumbup: There seems to have been quite a few reports which just seems very odd. Brickset seems miffed they got seven Griphooks, but considering others have had none of some characters I'd say that isn't too bad lol. I was also wondering if Lego had resorted to just randomly selecting figures for boxes, because the packets I have all have the same number on them (the number which usually is the individual box code) and I'm sure my packets come from different boxes. Plus Neville and Sprout are intent on alluding me. I hope your box works out well. :classic: