Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

A3 and A4 are paper sizes

thanks

Edited by Surge

16 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

You do realise that the distance to the camera (and the distance from the shelf to the pick a brick wall) matters drastically when you try to gather information about the scale of objects from a photograph. You can make the box look as big as the wall if you just move the camera a little bit closer to the box. The same way you can make a person the same size as the leaning tower of Pisa. The only way you can really tell how big something is on a photograph is when you have a reference object right next to the object in question.

The promotional poster could be DIN A3 or A4. There is no way to tell for sure how large that poster is

If it were in A3 the box would be gigantic! It’s A4

The box of the new City main square is next to it. Brickset doesn`t list the box size for that yet but assuming it is the same size as the year before that. The DA box is roughly 25% larger in width and height than that box and 2 times deeper. So you can calculate 1.25 * 18.7 inch width ; 1.25 * 14.7 in height and 2 * 2.6 in depth

Although the 2019 city flagship set is quite a lot smaller than the new one, so the 2018 set 60200 might be a better reference (1.25 * 22.8 x 1.25 * 14.8 x  2* 3.9 in)

Edited by Metanoios91

43 minutes ago, Hot4Voldemort said:

Thank you very much!!

The box looks so... small?? 

I think it’s the same size as the castle. Not that small at all

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

A3 and A4 are paper sizes

A4 is slightly less wide and slightly longer in size from the standard 8.5 x 11 inch used in the US. 

I’ll bet this box is 24 inches long, 19 inches high and about 4.5 to 6 inches deep. Just like the Harry Potter castle...

Personally a size I don’t like that much; it’s huge and a hard size to find good cardboard boxes for to store these sets in.   
Although Uline here in the US has a lot of matching options. 

:pir-huzzah2:

So if I'm interpreting the sign above the box correctly it says comes out the first of September.  My guess is there is a LEGO store in France that put the new sets out on display so people could see what's coming.  The first picture looks like the same one that had been on instagram.  The other is clearly on display in a LEGO store.  I don't believe a LEGO store actually sold the set to someone based solely on this photo.

And I guess we get 14 mini figures with this set. But I don’t understand why Hagrid (again) is not “taller” than the other “adults” in the set ? 

He’s supposed to be taller right, like a giant ?..

3 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Isn't the DA box the largest size before the thicc Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer boxes?

Correct. 24 x 19 x 4.5 to 6 inches. Like I mentioned before. 

53 minutes ago, Surge said:

why is the advent calendar not on the site yet? all the others ones are, its been purchased in stores, and the sign leads me to believe that it releases on the first

I’ve been wondering that too. It’s supposed to be on sale in 3 days! :def_shrug:

49 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

But I don’t understand why Hagrid (again) is not “taller” than the other “adults” in the set ? 

He’s supposed to be taller right, like a giant ?..

He's taller though, but not too tall as he's only a half giant.

56 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

He's taller though, but not too tall as he's only a half giant.

I know I'm not really up on HP lore, but that just sounds physically...er, challenging! :look: (His poor mama!)

5 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

I know I'm not really up on HP lore, but that just sounds physically...er, challenging! :look: (His poor mama!)

His mother was a giant, I believe. So, it would have been just like a normal birth I think.

5 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

His mom was a giant, so it probably wasn't that hard compared to say, his half brother, who is about 16 feet tall

44 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

His mother was a giant, I believe. So, it would have been just like a normal birth I think.

43 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

His mom was a giant, so it probably wasn't that hard compared to say, his half brother, who is about 16 feet tall

Ah, much better than the other way around! :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

His mum was a giant and his dad was so tiny that when he was a child he could pick his dad up and put him on a shelf. So basically, I think Hagrid would have fallen out! :-D

Edited by chris6507

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hated that review with a burning passion

I have no memories of that video, could you elaborare on that, please?

8 hours ago, Modal said:

One thing I don’t understand- since the reveal is so close to the release date, DA hasn’t shown up in any magazines or promotions or anything. What is the strategy behind hiding this set from any or all marketing? This set is going to come and go as if nothing happened

It will not come and go it will come and stay for several years. It most likely will be sold out imminently anyway so maybe it is better that those who need to save up for the set do not get a warning so that the wave of buyers is more spread out in time. After the reveal it will of course show up in magazines and promotions etc. What is best in this scenario;

1. you know something is coming for a long time, have saved up money and try to buy it day one, but it is sold out for months
  2. you see a fantastic new set for sale, start to save up money and can buy it later when you have the funds
8 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

You guys should let go off the belief that everyone on the earth is following instructions by some distant supervisor to the letter. This is a children`s toy. They don`t pull you in front of the International Court of Justice in the Hague, just because you interpreted an alotted time frame like September 1st a little bit differently

It is a toy, but also a big businesses so if you think people get a friendly pinch in the cheek and and naughty boy comment when they brake the rules you are sorely mistaken. TLG has a army of layers that will do their best to protect the company's rights, just look at "The Brick show" all their YouTube videos got deleted for braking the rules 3 times. Depends on what it is, but I guess you can get a warning if you brake the street date and maybe next time get the sets later if it keeps happening :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I have no memories of that video, could you elaborare on that, please?

Don't really want to go too much into this but let's just say it was a review purely made for the sake of being the first to do so and gather a ton of views. Shoddy camera work, very poorly researched etc

Is there any other brickheadz coming apart from Hagrid & Buckbeak. I seem to remember a rumour of a Hogwarts students set and possibly another set earlier in the year?

6 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

Is there any other brickheadz coming apart from Hagrid & Buckbeak. I seem to remember a rumour of a Hogwarts students set and possibly another set earlier in the year?

Nope, Hagrid and Buckbeak is the only one. The Hogwarts Students Brickheadz set turned out to be an accessory pack:

Hogwarts™ Leerlingen Acc. set 40419 | Harry Potter™ | Officiële LEGO®  winkel BE

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is a toy, but also a big businesses so if you think people get a friendly pinch in the cheek and and naughty boy comment when they brake the rules you are sorely mistaken. TLG has a army of layers that will do their best to protect the company's rights, just look at "The Brick show" all their YouTube videos got deleted for braking the rules 3 times. Depends on what it is, but I guess you can get a warning if you brake the street date and maybe next time get the sets later if it keeps happening :shrug_oh_well:

I was talking about retailers selling the product a few days early, not leaks about an upcoming product a few months before release. We have video proof of this happening in Target (and other retailers outside of the US) for years and they are still a valued distributor of the Lego company. Clearly they aren`t punished or the punishment is so low that it doesn`t disincentivize them to behave like this in the future (which in theory is the whole point of the "criminal" justice system and penalties in court).

Another point is Lego as a company isn`t actually losing money when a retailer (even their own store) sells a product a few days early - they get the money either way. One could argue that they are even making more money because the customer with the big pockets that visits the store this weekend is in most cases not coming back two days later again. Furthermore the customer experience this person will experience once he tries to order online on release day (when S@H might crash as usual or run out of stock within less than 48 hours) is not going to reflect a positive image on the company... But buying a set relaxed on a weekend, knowing I am one of the first to own it, would leave many customers satisfied.

In most countries Lego stores are quite rare and dispersed. So a normal customer visits a Lego Brand store only a few times a year and has a certain budget to spend. As I said the point of a shop is selling as much product as possible. Not hiding it away in the cellar. Lego should invest their resources into improving production capacity, quality management and product development, not lawyers and stupid marketing gags. The former make them money while the later cost them a lot for only a small/no benefit.

One last point: lowering prices while keeping the same quality (by cutting back on costs like lawyers and marketing) would be the best strategy against Chinese copycats. Because the person buying Chinese knockoffs is not buying them because he/she didn`t like Lego`s elaborate product reveal a day before. They just can`t afford a 400$ set. The Chinese will sell the exact same set (even if Lego keeps it totally under wraps till release) within a month of the reveal for less than 200$ anyway. And these customers will buy it. Lego could have Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson presenting the set and these customers would still not buy it for 400 $...

And a lawyer on retainer here in Europe or the US will help you jacksh** in China. You could use a garden plant with the same result. They closed the Lepin factories and by a "miracle" suddenly the company King is selling the same product Lepin did. Well colour me suprised. It`s like fighting a hydra with a golden toothpick (=lawyer).

Edited by Metanoios91

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here we can get a better look at mostly the outside of the shops in DA which the set is based on:

Think there is a lot of potential for future sets here in my mind, the ones that I am most keen on seeing is the Magical Menagerie and Eeylops Owl Emporium, but the others would be nice as well :sweet:

Sorry if this is old news but I picked up a full CMF2 set in Sainsbury's here in the UK yesterday. The box was just on the shelf so I could feel the bags. Used hand sanitiser before and after of course.

1 hour ago, CLK143 said:

Sorry if this is old news but I picked up a full CMF2 set in Sainsbury's here in the UK yesterday. The box was just on the shelf so I could feel the bags. Used hand sanitiser before and after of course.

That’s the first I have heard of the series being on shelves in the U.K!

I’ll keep an eye out next time I go to the shops, can’t wait to finally have a perfect Professor Sprout :D