Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Because it was hyped up for over 6 months so expectations were unreasonably high 😂. I've made some criticism here, but I'm still so excited for it and definitely getting it day 1.

Same, not a perfect set, could definitely use more minifigures, and I would love unique printing for them all but it’s still a day one purchase for sure, I’m still very excited for it

38 minutes ago, topiku said:

Had they included Gringott‘s the set would sell way better for sure

I think it will sell plenty and a Gringotts is probably added next year anyway. In my mind the set will only be even better as times goes and we can add more builds to the street. The different parts of Howarts mostly sell to HP fans I assume, while this has a potential to reach a much bigger customer base. I do like to collect the castle parts, but this is much more compact and feels more like collecting modulars which is a good thing in my mind :wub:

21 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

Why isn’t everyone celebrating this? 

I think as soon as we get the HD pictures the initial minor disappointment of getting 14 (+2) minifigs is probably gone and we can celebrate :pir-huzzah1:

I think I'll get this day one and save some of the latest wave of sets incase there does end up being a unique GWP later on.

1 minute ago, Zepthire said:

I think I'll get this day one and save some of the latest wave of sets incase there does end up being a unique GWP later on.

Yep, this is my plan too.

44 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

The only design decision was what source material to base the buildings on. They very clearly (to me at least) choose DA as it appears in PS and CoS, which used the same set. There are dozens of pictures and versions of DA out there but if you look at QQS in the first film it has pretty large windows upstairs. 

On a general note - I appreciate this is a forum and obviously we’re all going to have our own opinions but I’m still baffled by some of the reaction. This has to be the most screen accurate film based Lego set ever...by miles. I really can’t think of another set that even comes close.

Is it perfect? No, it’s Lego and subject to the constraints that come with that. But as Lego/HP fans we’ve just lucked out. Why isn’t everyone celebrating this? 

The pictures and film bit I looked at was from the first film? Harry’s first time in DA? The upstairs windows are practically sitting on top of the roof of the downstairs windows??? I could be completely wrong I usually am 😂 

I hold off on buying the Burrow just in case there'd be a GWP later in the year as I knew I'd want to get DA asap. So I'm definetely planning on buying DA on day one, unless LEGO's being greedy again and puts it up at 450 instead of 400 :sceptic:

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think as soon as we get the HD pictures the initial minor disappointment of getting 14 (+2) minifigs is probably gone and we can celebrate :pir-huzzah1:

5,544 pieces and 14 minifigs for $400 in a licensed theme is incredible value. If the set had 1k fewer pieces, then I'd be upset about the minifigure count. But let's compare the value of this to the upcoming Mos Eisley Cantina. I have a feeling this will blow it out of the water.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nah, the goofy faces and Snape‘s glow-in-the-dark head were the most iconic aspects :laugh_hard: (Seriously though, what was up with that? I remember the first time I saw anything HP-related was the teaser for the first wave in a LEGO magazine, so imagine my 12-year old version‘s surprise at Snape being a regular-looking human in PS :tongue: To have been a fly in the room when that decision was made)

My interpretation of Snape's head, is they wanted to capture his striking paleness. One theme was exploring the castle (maybe at night?). As he sometimes patrols for students out of bed, it becomes a visibly spooky element (given he's more noticeable).

Edited by Captain America

12 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

The pictures and film bit I looked at was from the first film? Harry’s first time in DA? The upstairs windows are practically sitting on top of the roof of the downstairs windows??? I could be completely wrong I usually am 😂 

Sorry, for some reason I read your post as why are the windows bigger. I see what you mean now though, the position of the window is a touch higher than in the films. I'm guessing this was just to do with build/structure etc. 

And sorry about my little rant, which was aimed at you...your post was just where I got to in my catch up when I decided to to chip in.

I do think when we see HD pics people will warm up to it. I think the set looks incredibly screen accurate and I love it for that because that's a priority for me. I also love Lego buildings, more than minifigs, and I've spent years wishing for more detailed buildings and locations from films/books etc. 

Someone else mentioned the Mos Eisley set, if it is at this level of quality I'm going to be in trouble picking which one to get...but really I know it won't match DA.

Another day, another disappointment. LEGO's being really stubborn when it comes to DA and the CMF before it :hmpf:

There's a rumour going around instagram that the GWP from September 1st till the 15th is the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickhead Set (>100$ purchase) and the already released Harry and Hedwig Polybag (>40$)

If true this would mean the PS Harry torso is still not accounted for. Either that GWP is released at a later date or there is a set that we haven't heard about. The source on instagram is thebrickshow. I would wait till another more reputable leaker/source corroborates this

Edited by Metanoios91

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

There's a rumour going around instagram that the GWP from September 1st till the 15th is the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickhead Set (>100$ purchase) and thealready released Harry and Hedwig Polybag (>40$)

Scroll up, that was posted here an hour ago 😉

21 minutes ago, B2Brixet said:

Sorry, for some reason I read your post as why are the windows bigger. I see what you mean now though, the position of the window is a touch higher than in the films. I'm guessing this was just to do with build/structure etc. 

And sorry about my little rant, which was aimed at you...your post was just where I got to in my catch up when I decided to to chip in.

I do think when we see HD pics people will warm up to it. I think the set looks incredibly screen accurate and I love it for that because that's a priority for me. I also love Lego buildings, more than minifigs, and I've spent years wishing for more detailed buildings and locations from films/books etc. 

Someone else mentioned the Mos Eisley set, if it is at this level of quality I'm going to be in trouble picking which one to get...but really I know it won't match DA.

That’s ok 🙂 I was just merely curious as to why the designer did that. Anyone whose read my posts will know yes I personally am disappointed with the design because I had read the books the day they were released giving me a few years to imagine my own version of DA (I recently brought Jim Kays versions for my son and felt like the illustrator had a key to my imagination) But as I said already u can never please everyone and I’m really glad so many do love it. Best thing about Lego... you can make it your own 😊

Sorry didn't see any discussion about it on this page. The Harry leaked over two months ago. Why would they produce a torso in May for a GWP in October or possibly even later when they have trouble with their normal production capacity right now? Doesn't seem to make sense to produce this far in advance and then have it lie around for a few months

Weird, why would they hold off on a DA-related GWP for later :wacko: Just to annoy everyone who bought the DA in September? :laugh: 

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

Why would they produce a torso in May for a GWP in October or possibly even later when they have trouble with their normal production capacity right now?

The Harry minifigure leaked in July though, July 15 to be exact, so it doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. I’m curious to see when the Ollivander figure leaked in 2018, though

I think holding off the Diagon Alley GWP in 2018 was annoying but not the worst thing because DA is separate from Hogwarts. In this case, I just can't see them holding off a GWP that would tie DIRECTLY into the main set. This would be like if they delayed the mini batmobile GWP to 2 months after the large batmobile came out.

I think the PS minifig is coming in a set in a couple of months. Or it was a really well-done fake leak and we all fell for it (unlikely lol).

Edited by YetiZombie

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

I think the PS minifig is coming in a set in a couple of months. Or it was a really well-done fake leak and we all fell for it.

It can’t be a fake as it’s got the same head printing as the actual figure in the set. 

Personally I don’t see why a variant for the scenes in the first movie couldn’t be included in the same set and will be shown in the complete picture of the set online which usually shows the extra wands and stuff 

Weird, why would they hold off on a DA-related GWP for later :wacko: Just to annoy everyone who bought the DA in September? :laugh: 

Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz as a GWP sounds totally off to me... I'll believe that when I see it. Not that I haven't been wrong before.

6 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

The Harry minifigure leaked in July though, July 15 to be exact, so it doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. I’m curious to see when the Ollivander figure leaked in 2018, though

You are right. Time crunch made it feel like it was June. But even then it would have been produced in June/beginning of July which is still early

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It can’t be a fake as it’s got the same head printing as the actual figure in the set. 

Personally I don’t see why a variant for the scenes in the first movie couldn’t be included in the same set and will be shown in the complete picture of the set online which usually shows the extra wands and stuff 

I was thinking that, but on the box it shows Harry getting his wand from Ollivander and he's wearing the Gryffindor torso. If it was included in the set, they definitely would've used the PS torso for that picture.

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That‘s what I thought at first as well, but they would advertise it somewhere on the box if two versions of Harry were included in the set :wink: Or they made a huge whoopsie and had the wrong version of his in every single picture :head_back: (remember the Ghostbusters 2016 set?)

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s what I thought at first as well, but they would advertise it somewhere on the box if two versions of Harry were included in the set :wink: Or they made a huge whoopsie and had the wrong version of his in every single picture :head_back: (remember the Ghostbusters 2016 set?)

What happened with the Ghostbusters set?