Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Shiene said:

Oh my, it is gorgeous!! :wub: Here I was thinking it would not be that great with no Gringotts, no Eeylops Owl Emporium, no Madam Malkin's... But the truth is that it looks amazing.

By the way, I have found the pictures also looking in Google, in case you want to see them in bigger size than in Instagram (a Dutch website has published them).

Thanks for the tip! Searching on Google like you said I found bigger pictures on a site called BRICKTASTIC

2 hours ago, LetaLestrange said:

I spy a Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniform and some Pygmy Puffs!

Pygmy Puffs? Where? 

Just now, Bainter-ban said:

I actually think DA would be too dark without the pink facade on QQS. The pink facade makes it more lively and colourful, imo. 

Agreed! I felt like I was the only one that actually liked the pink :laugh:

21 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I just realized on the Ollivanders building there is a owl is that a new kind of Owl?

The tan owl looks to me to be reused from a city set 238470405alt4?$rsp-pdp-port-1440$

5 minutes ago, Shiene said:

True! And what do you think about the dark brown one? Could it be the same that came with the CMF Cho Chang? (but darker due to the quality of the picture).

No, I believe it is the old one, that came back in a couple of sets this year :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

It definitely is accurate, to the first movie, if not to the theme parks. If I'm honest I'd much rather it look like it does in the movies than in a tourist attraction, even if it's a less universally appealing colour choice.

I agree :sweet:

Alright, here's my two cents:

This was an extremely welcome surprise to wake up to today. However, I will say that I am slightly underwhelmed. I don't think the quality of the pictures taken helps the look of the overall set. I argue that LEGO sets look way better in person than they do on the box. I think Flourish and Blotts and Scribbilus are my two favorite exteriors. The rest look great, too. QQS does look way too pink on the second floor (but that may look better in-person/with official images). I really like the cobblestone street. The overall modular building feel to this set makes me happy, as those are some of my favorite sets.

I didn't really have any big expectations when it came to the minifigure selection. I like the trio's robes, not only are they accurate to the movie, but they remind of the PS2 Chamber of Secrets designs. It's really difficult to tell what face print Lucius has, so I'll save judgement on him for a later time. My eyes aren't very good, so spotting all the neat details in the interiors is rather difficult. The inclusion of the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes is really nice. I'll more than likely always have the exterior on full display; but, I'm looking forward to filling the shops with students and maybe some custom witches and wizards.

I'm looking forward to the official reveal, I think I'll have a better stance on DA then.

Didn’t even notice until now—Fred and George use the same hair piece as the one they had in 2011. I definitely feel there were more accurate choices, but this still isn’t too bad. Really curious about what color their clothes are, hard to tell with these pictures 

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thanks for the tip! Searching on Google like you said I found bigger pictures on a site called BRICKTASTIC

Yes, that is the site I've found too. No problem!

In another topic, why would they have decided not to include Mr. Weasley? It feels very iconic to finish the scene in Flourish & Blotts, when he faces (or is faced by, maybe better) Lucius Malfoy.

Right well it's a freaking LOUD pink. The movie version is not a bright pink. The Orlando version is a blue gray.

2 minutes ago, Shiene said:

In another topic, why would they have decided not to include Mr. Weasley? It feels very iconic to finish the scene in Flourish & Blotts, when he faces (or is faced by, maybe better) Lucius Malfoy.

Agreed, that part is disappointing, especially because in the book Arthur actually tries to fight him :laugh:

This community ROCKS!

Not only has this been THE go-to place for our collective sanity...But, clearly leakers also wanted to honor LegoFreak’s birthday with a comprehensive leak!  This is an influential community!

How great is that...Happy Birthday!

I am encouraged by the Modular Design.  This suggests a potential series of additional buildings.  Perhaps some stand alone modulars like Gringotts or Leaky Cauldron at a lower price point or another big set in a year.

There is so much potential, I think this theme may still have some legs!  Now we just need to rethink our display strategies...need more shelves!

I don’t know guys, maybe I had too high expectations, but something about the set feels “dead”. Like the street isn’t even there, the mini figures look so uninterested - it doesn’t feel like that awe-inspiring Diagon Alley you see in the first movie. 

I’m on my phone in bed so will post more impressions later. For now, I just don’t know if this is $400 cool, ya know? :(

This set NEEDS Gringotts

Edited by Modal

22 minutes ago, Thieda said:

So is the cost going to be the same as 71043?

It is supposed to be 400 euro but if you're referring to the Dutch price we don't know yet, fingers crossed it's also 400 though!

13 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Whats the chances of the quidditch uniforms being available in bricks and pieces?

They are highly specific licensed parts so I'd say those chances are incredibly small or just nonexistant

Just now, Modal said:

I don’t know guys, maybe I had too high expectations, but something about the set feels “dead”. Like the street isn’t even there, the mini figures look so uninterested - it doesn’t feel like that awe-inspiring Diagon Alley you see in the first movie. 

I’m on my phone in bed so will post more impressions later. For now, I just don’t know if this is $400 cool, ya know? :(

I adore this set tbh. Its exactly what i wanted with the buildings i wanted. I like figures, but unless the set is $40 or less the figs dont make or break the set for me

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It is supposed to be 400 euro but if you're referring to the Dutch price we don't know yet, fingers crossed it's also 400 though!

Yeah here its 450 euros :hmpf_bad:

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Can you share the name of the website?

Sure, it is Bricktastic.

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Can you share the name of the website?

People seem to be having luck with Netherlands site "Bricktastic."

Just now, Thieda said:

Yeah here its 450 euros :hmpf_bad:

While it's probably 450 I'm still holding out hope for it to be 400, considering there isn't really any kind of pattern to which sets do and which ones don't get a price increase