Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

See no reason why the trio get more than one fig each, and I hope that is not the case..:sceptic:
Just put the CMF figs to good use or take figs from another set to use them in WWW etc :def_shrug:

In any case they will probably come with most of the possible future expansion sets anyway :devil:

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Part 2780 will be included in the DA. Not sure if we can trust this leak. But if it's true then this confirms the set will be microscale. 

“Play features and pins in Diagon Alley”...

YOU?!

50 minutes ago, droobles said:

Since we have been recently discussing that the Harry Potter brand has additional appeal to girls compared to other themes such as Star Wars, I wonder if we could eventually get Harry Potter characters in Mini-doll form. Do you think that will ever happen?

It's definetely not impossible but I personally would never want them to do that as I really don't think the minidolls feel like LEGO, they just look off imo :sceptic: Just to use an example I'd say I would probably even be interested in some of the Disney Princess sets if it weren't for those horrible minidolls :ugh:

@Modal @Roebuck I agree with you both 100 percent. I really hope we don’t get doubles. But I just don’t see LEGO making WWW as the main focus of this set and not giving us the golden trio as they appear in that scene. Especially given the major HBP focus this year. 

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Just put the CMF figs to good use or take figs from another set to use them in WWW etc :def_shrug:

I also think it’s pretty telling that the version of Ron and Hermione we got in the CMF is not from this scene. Ron wears that long sleeve green striped tee for much of the movie, but it seems like an intentional choice to put him in a different outfit. Maybe it’s because the designers knew we’d be getting him in this outfit as part of the WWW build in the D2C Diagon Allley?

15 minutes ago, Modal said:

Do we know anyone in the series who’s connected to Scribbulus? I have no idea If it’s even mentioned in the books or movies 

No, but as it sounds like we will only be getting the entrance to the Daily Prophet, I can see us getting Rita in her acid green robes shopping for Quick Quills pens in Scribulus.

lego-lime-small-feather-plume-88490-27-7

24 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Now that we have a detailed set description, what minifigs do folks think we will be getting? The new description turned my previous prediction on its head. I’m now almost positive we will be getting two sets of Harry, Ron, and Hermione - one set from Year 2 and one set from Year 6:

I think a possible line up is:

Ollivander

3 x Harry (Year 1, 2 and 6)

2 x Ron (year 2 and 6)

2 x Hermione (year 2 and 6)

2 x Ginny (year 2 and 6)

Hagrid

Lockhart

Lucius Malfoy

Draco Malfoy

Florean Fortescue

Rita Skeeter

Fred Weasley (WWW suit)

George Weasley (WWW suit)

Molly Weasley

Arthur Weasley

I don't think the young Harry, Ron and Hermione will match in terms of years unless we are actually getting more Harrys than Ron and Hermione, because we know we are getting a Harry in PS clothing and Ron and Hermione aren't seen in DA in PS. I would then say that we'll get PS Harry, then POA Harry, Ron and Hermione as Lego already has Harry and Hermione's outifts printed for that year so they'd only have to print Ron's torso. BUT if the Leaky Cauldron isn't included then POA figures don't really make sense and I think to recreate Lockhart's book signing as they mention in the description we really need to have COS Harry, Ron and Hermione. Then I think we will see the trio included in their older form as WWW is included.

45 minutes ago, Modal said:

@sebastian666 Do we know anyone in the series who’s connected to Scribbulus? I have no idea If it’s even mentioned in the books or movies  

I was looking into it the other day. Scribulus is briefly mentioned in books 1 and 2, think maybe just a single sentence that says he bought supplies for his year from there. No interior scenes or description.

Compared to Daily Prophet, which doesn't even get a mention of being in Diagon Alley in the books. It is a big part as a brand though so it makes sense.

Edited by Zepthire

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

3 x Harry (Year 1, 2 and 6)

2 x Ron (year 2 and 6)

2 x Hermione (year 2 and 6)

2 x Ginny (year 2 and 6)

Seems like a Time-Turner nightmare to me*huh*

26 minutes ago, Ninja_whip said:

Saw 4 HP listed under $29.99

Is that 4 HP sets listed at a $29.99 pricetag or 4 sets at $29.99 or less?

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Seems like a Time-Turner nightmare to me*huh*

Yes and no. For display you could have Hagrid and Harry at the 'entrance' to DA, Harry, Ron and Hermione in Flourish and Blotts and then again have the trio in WWW.

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Or is it a set codenamed 4-HP and it costs 29.99?

That's also a possibility *huh* Definetely want to know which of those options it is because Ninjawhip is really reliable :grin:

The way I see it, Gringotts not being included, that excludes Deathly Hallows completely. Borgin and Burkes not being in there also tells me that they really focus on the magical aspect of the Harry's first arrival. The description litteraly The only element hinting to a reference to any movie above Prisoner of Akaban is WWW. Now that doens't mean we won't get older variants that link into Half Blood Prince, but I could totally see them include Fred and George Variants like they did last time and not "waste" spots on trio variants.

13 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Or is it a set codenamed 4-HP and it costs 29.99?

This seems likely because, based on the page that LEGO accidentally put up for DA, that one is codenamed "HP-3"

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This seems likely because, based on the page that LEGO accidentally put up for DA, that one is codenamed "HP-3"

maybe its a GWP valued at 30$

Edited by Surge

45 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

“Play features and pins in Diagon Alley”...

YOU?!

I said nothing about play features. There will be no play features in the 2020 DA. You won't even be able to open the doors to the shops. 

On the topic of mini dolls which was brought up earlier I think it would be a bad idea for LEGO to make HP mini dolls as it would split the market. LEGO has already designed the HP line to appeal to both boys and girls. I don't think a line aimed primarily at girls would be very different from what we're currently getting. 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Now that we have a detailed set description, what minifigs do folks think we will be getting?

I was originally thinking we would get two sets of the trio or at least Harry from year 1 and the trio from year 6 but now that we have seen the CMF I'm not sure if LEGO will bother including year 6 variants in the DA. The casual CMF figures are already boring choices and I think they would be even more pointless if LEGO included year 6 figures with the DA. I'm not certain we won't get them but with the CMF it seems pretty likely they will be omitted. I would guess we will see year 1 Harry, year 2 Ron/Hermionie, and maybe a year 2 Harry (LEGO is either using the same dirty face for both Harry figures or they are only making one and including the dirty face there even if it's inaccurate). 

Other than the main trio I think we will get repeats of Hagrid and Ollivander (maybe Ollivander will be slightly updated). For mostly new figures we will probably get Rita for the DP, Gilderoy, Lucius, Draco, Arthur, and Molly for F&B, Florean for FF, Percy for scribbulus, mannequins for QQS, and the Weasley twins for WWW. 

Along with the shop specific minifigures I think we will get a selection of random characters to populate the street. Many of them only using one or two new prints. I have no specific ideas for this but I would guess LEGO will probably include a few characters that don't use light nougat to make things a bit more varied. The main thing I'm interested in seeing though is what variant of Ginny LEGO uses. They are very stingy with Ginny so I assume we will only get either a year 2 or 6 figure. Personally I'm hoping for a year 6 figure so we are more likely to get a pigmy puff. 

3 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I said nothing about play features. There will be no play features in the 2020 DA. You won't even be able to open the doors to the shops. 

Where on earth are you getting this information?

1 minute ago, bluedog1111 said:

Where on earth are you getting this information?

Preeeeetty sure, as pointed out earlier, it’s a joke/sarcasm ??‍♂️

Here’s my updated prediction list for the D2C Diagon Alley minifigs:

- Harry (years 1/2)

- Hagrid

- Ollivander

- Ron (year 2)

- Hermione (year 2)

- Ginny (year 2)

- Draco

- Lucius

- Lockhart

- Daily Prophet photographer

- Rita Skeeter

- Florian Fortescue

- Fred

- George

- Harry (year 6)

- Ron (year 6)

- Hermione (year 6)

- Ginny (year 6 w/ Pygmy Puff)

- Dean Thomas

- Cormac McLaggen (maybe in Quidditch gear?

- Lavender Brown

- Romilda Vane

- Doris Crockford

- Daedalus Diggle

Thats a whopping 24 minifigs. Do folks think this is realistic? I’m not familiar with many of the other LEGO themes, but for a $400 set, I don’t think this sounds too crazy.

I don't expect there to be multiple variations of characters. Seems weird to me if they do that.

I expect the Sorcerer's Stone variation of Harry to come with a cloak so he can double as a Chamber of Secrets version. Based on how many Chamber of Secrets references we got this year, I expect a good amount of minifigures will be from this movie (Hermione, Ron, Draco, Lucius).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Molly showed up in this set. I feel like her minifigure was really phoned in for the Burrow set. The same was true for Bellatrix and Ginny and parts to fix them appeared in the CMF, so I suspect a better version of Molly will appear in Diagon Alley to fix her mediocre variant in the Burrow (I also feel like some sort of parental figure should appear with these kids given the setting).

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Here’s my updated prediction list for the D2C Diagon Alley minifigs:

- Harry (years 1/2)

- Hagrid

- Ollivander

- Ron (year 2)

- Hermione (year 2)

- Ginny (year 2)

- Draco

- Lucius

- Lockhart

- Daily Prophet photographer

- Rita Skeeter

- Florian Fortescue

- Fred

- George

- Harry (year 6)

- Ron (year 6)

- Hermione (year 6)

- Ginny (year 6 w/ Pygmy Puff)

- Dean Thomas

- Cormac McLaggen (maybe in Quidditch gear?

- Lavender Brown

- Romilda Vane

- Doris Crockford

- Daedalus Diggle

Thats a whopping 24 minifigs. Do folks think this is realistic? I’m not familiar with many of the other LEGO themes, but for a $400 set, I don’t think this sounds too crazy.

I think that we are also likely to get a clerk/shopkeeper for each building.