Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Maybe we should actually try to hit 600 pages before the DA gets revealed. I would suggest we stop at 554 as a nod to the part count but at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we pass that by the end of Friday. 

Last night I found all the sets except the burrow at my local target. I picked them all up except for PD (in case of GWP). They're pretty good but admittedly the excitement has worn off a bit after seeing them online for months. The burrow (which I preordered) should be arriving Saturday and I'm a bit worried about all of the clear backed stickers. Does anyone have any strategies for putting them on without using special tools? 

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

It’s super expensive yea. I got their tree house set though and it’s so much better than the Brickloot one I got for another set. And they use real legos.

So you paid 100 $ for electrical components that you can get for less than 10 $ (including shipping) from Chinese online shops, like Aliexpress. From where they most likely buy them also but directly from the Chinese manufacturer with the printing "Light my Bricks" on them. And you even have to do most of the wiring and connecting still yourself. Those boards and LED strips are nothing special.

2 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Last night I found all the sets except the burrow at my local target. I picked them all up except for PD (in case of GWP). They're pretty good but admittedly the excitement has worn off a bit after seeing them online for months. The burrow (which I preordered) should be arriving Saturday and I'm a bit worried about all of the clear backed stickers. Does anyone have any strategies for putting them on without using special tools? 

I found all the stickers from The Burrow fairly easy to apply.  :classic:

3 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Have someone already mentioned that https://www.minifiguremaddness.com/ is taking pre-orders for the CMF? I got an email.

Nope, thanks for the heads up! Gonna order a box right now :classic:

EDIT: For those in the US, it comes up as $245 USD (which is around $4 per minifig). I'm just interested in 16 unique figs, so I'm probably going to sell the extras.

Edited by YetiZombie

22 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Maybe we should actually try to hit 600 pages before the DA gets revealed. I would suggest we stop at 554 as a nod to the part count but at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we pass that by the end of Friday. 

Use the front edge of the brick seperator to apply the stickers. Fold the edge of the sticker slightly downwards so that it starts to peel of from the sheet. Then take the brick seperator and use the sharp front and put it under the peeled of edge of the sticker you want to apply. Only 2-3 mm of the tip of the brick seperator should suffice to lift the sticker safely up. Hold it in one hand and with the other position your piece. That way you don't have to touch the stickers with your fingers and you can control your motions more easily. Also use a sheet of white paper on a clean and flat surface to press them against once you applied them. And make sure to use something like a compressed air can to clean the parts before applying the stickers from small dust particles

Edited by Metanoios91

I’ve been thinking. What if Lego will release 2 sets at the same time? DA and Gringotts. That way, people who can’t afford DA will still be able to get some of it by getting just Gringotts. And people who are getting DA can see what Gringotts looks like. Wishful thinking I guess but I cannot get over the fact they’re leaving it out of DA?

5 minutes ago, MooneyRemus said:

I’ve been thinking. What if Lego will release 2 sets at the same time? DA and Gringotts. That way, people who can’t afford DA will still be able to get some of it by getting just Gringotts. And people who are getting DA can see what Gringotts looks like. Wishful thinking I guess but I cannot get over the fact they’re leaving it out of DA?

It's a good idea, but I think we would've heard about Gringotts already.

Just now, Brick Guru said:

It's a good idea, but I think we would've heard about Gringotts already.

Would we though? If I remember correctly, no one knew about the Hogwarys Express when that suddenly dropped. But again, it’s probably wishful thinking on my part!

Checked out my local Target in Wisconsin, no CMF sadly but they did have the Astronomy Tower. I was not planning to get it right away, but couldn't resist with it in front of me!

Gringotts ends up being a limited GWP promotion for the Diagon Alley, leading us to the dark timeline.

21 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

So you paid 100 $ for electrical components that you can get for less than 10 $ (including shipping) from Chinese online shops, like Aliexpress. From where they most likely buy them also but directly from the Chinese manufacturer with the printing "Light my Bricks" on them. And you even have to do most of the wiring and connecting still yourself. Those boards and LED strips are nothing special.

I paid for the convenience, yes. Sorry it offends you so much :hmpf_bad:

I also pay for Apple products so sorry in advance! Lol

Edited by Modal

2 minutes ago, MooneyRemus said:

Would we though? If I remember correctly, no one knew about the Hogwarys Express when that suddenly dropped. But again, it’s probably wishful thinking on my part!

Honestly, no idea. I was just guessing that we would've heard about it.

Does anyone have any coupon codes for Minifigure Madness? It'll be my first time ordering and I'm wondering if there's a new customer discount code or something else.

Edited by YetiZombie

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

Does anyone have any coupon codes for Minifigure Madness? It'll be my first time ordering and I'm wondering if there's a new customer discount code.

LEGO fansites such as Brickset usually have some kind of coupon but idk if/when they'll put that online

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

I paid for the convenience, yes. Sorry it offends you so much :hmpf_bad:

I`m not offended. I just tried to show you that you are paying 90$ for that convenience. Instead of paying the next 100$ you could educate yourself and learn a new skill for free on the internet. Or ask people who don`t want to profit from your ingnorance which components you should buy. You can even buy them at a local electronics retailer in California, support a local American shop and still save a lot of money (even though the components will still come from China).

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO fansites such as Brickset usually have some kind of coupon but idk if/when they'll put that online

Omg, I looked at some old brickset articles and tried "Brickset72" (since it seemed like the codes were "Brickset[number]"), and it took 10 euro off ?

Does anyone here know how quickly those CMF boxes usually sell out at Minifigure Madness? I'd definetely like to use one of those coupon codes fan sites always give out but idk how long they'll have the boxes in stock :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Does anyone here know how quickly those CMF boxes usually sell out at Minifigure Madness? I'd definetely like to use one of those coupon codes fan sites always give out but idk how long they'll have the boxes in stock :tongue:

Apparently Brickset is going to post an article soon with the code "Brickset72", so feel free to order now :laugh:

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Apparently Brickset is going to post an article soon with the code "Brickset72", so feel free to order now :laugh:

Just read your post, idk why I didn't think of that and why that code already works but you're a mad genius! :laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Probably have to wait until Lego actually reveals the CMF to be safe to post the code, by which time the boxes will have sold out. :head_back: Glad your creativity worked. :thumbup:

Dutch fan website Bouwsteentjes.info's codes are always 'Bouw[number]'. If you use Bouw18 it'll also take off 10 euro/dollar just like Brickset72, take in mind you can only use one code!

Hahahaha I honestly did not think it would work, I was shocked when it did!

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dutch fan website Bouwsteentjes.info's codes are always 'Bouw[number]'. If you use Bouw18 it'll also take off 10 euro/dollar just like Brickset72, take in mind you can only use one code! 

You scared me for a sec because I just ordered it and thought I missed out on using multiple codes, lol.

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

You scared me for a sec because I just ordered it and thought I missed out on using multiple codes, lol.

I was pretty sure they would only allow you to use one code but using both codes it's actually listed as 20 euro off now :oh:

So I guess use codes Brickset72 and Bouw18 for 20 euro off your box!