Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)

I don't see 5400 pieces to be improbable and it's exciting to think that we may get Gringotts after all, but I do think that 5444 pieces is an bizarre number. So, I'm skeptical for the time being.

Edited by Brick Guru

5500 pieces sounds like heaven! Especially for smaller pieces and hidden details 🔥

Perhaps there's a 100 coins to put in a Gringott vault? 👀

i thought it would have been in the range of 4000-5000 pieces but i can see 5444 being legit

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, stoker86 said:

Given that Assembly Square is 4,002 pieces and goes for $279, Ninjago City was 4,867 pieces and went for $299 it has seemed unlikely to me all along that a set for $399 will be in the 4,000-ish piece range. Even if Hogwarts was microscale it had 6020 pieces for the same price! I think the 5444 rumor is plausible. How could they justify 2,000ish less pieces at the same price point? 

That’s true - Assembly Square is $120 cheaper and over 4,000 pieces. It would definitely be a bit upsetting for this to be between 4,000-4,500.

Ghostbusters is 4,634 for $350.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Let’s just say I got a Instagram dm from the guy who posted it asking what I thought of it and if I thought it was real or not

Even if the rumor itself isn’t real, I think having 5,000+ pieces is still a reasonable number for the price range. 5,444 would be a dream but a couple hundred off of that I would still be pumped for.

Edited by Modal

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Modal said:

That’s true - Assembly Square is $120 cheaper and over 4,000 pieces. It would definitely be a bit upsetting for this to be between 4,000-4,500.

Ghostbusters is 4,634 for $350.

Even if the rumor itself isn’t real, I think having 5,000+ pieces is still a reasonable number for the price range. 5,444 would be a dream but a couple hundred off of that I would still be pumped for.

I agree, If it was anything less than 5000 pieces, I would find the set to be underwhelming. 5500 is a good amount of pieces given that the Hogwarts castle was 6020 pieces and looked great

Edited by Sheesh417

Yea I’m glad to see you edit that post :wink:

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yea I’m glad to see you edit that post :wink:

Yeah I definitely gave it a second thought, given peoples opinion on the "touchy" topic. 

Posted (edited)

Hunted at 6 different Targets today, no CMFs. They all have the new sets though, one even had The Burrow

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

6 hours ago, diagonalley said:

I'm in Colorado too. What part are you in and which Target was this? :)

I saw Astronomy Tower and Private Drive at Quincy Buckley

5,444 does sound pretty great for DA if it’s true. That would give it around 1000 pieces each for WWW and Gringotts (which better be included for that piece count), 650 each for Ollivander’s and F&B (since they need interiors), 450 each for Scribbulus, QQS, the Daily Prophet offices, and Fortescue’s, and a couple hundred left over for some roadway and a brick wall play feature to represent the entrance. 

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hunted at 6 different Targets today, no CMFs. They all have the new sets though, one even had The Burrow

Where are these targets!? 

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

5,444 does sound pretty great for DA if it’s true. That would give it around 1000 pieces each for WWW and Gringotts (which better be included for that piece count), 650 each for Ollivander’s and F&B (since they need interiors), 450 each for Scribbulus, QQS, the Daily Prophet offices, and Fortescue’s, and a couple hundred left over for some roadway and a brick wall play feature to represent the entrance. 

My guess is that WWW won't be very big (a floor tall plus a bit) because the big windows at the front use a ton of parts.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

My guess is that WWW won't be very big (a floor tall plus a bit) because the big windows at the front use a ton of parts.

I completely disagree. Just looking at the design of the building, there's no way they could do it at anything under two floors, and even then it would be rather squished. I'm expecting three floors, and that it will be the largest building in the set (counting Gringotts, as I see that as having much less space for interior, as it would just be the entrance hall rather than WWW needing space for all the merch).

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Diagon alley piece count was 100 pieces off

5500? :wink:

#TeamGringotts is back! 

Edited by Modal

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Diagon alley piece count was 100 pieces off

Well damn, 5300-5500 sounds almost too good. They can surely fit Gringotts, WWW, and the others. I really hope this set will either be the best set I've ever seen or a total disappointment because I'm already sweating the decision between it and the incoming UCS Mos Eisley Cantina...

Edited by thenudeorganist

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I completely disagree. Just looking at the design of the building, there's no way they could do it at anything under two floors, and even then it would be rather squished. I'm expecting three floors, and that it will be the largest building in the set (counting Gringotts, as I see that as having much less space for interior, as it would just be the entrance hall rather than WWW needing space for all the merch).

Right, I forgot that Gringotts can just have a small interior. The only reason I said that is because I am making a MOC of WWW and the piece count is really high and I have no interior yet :laugh:

100 pieces off?  Regardless of whether that means 5300 or 5500, that still is a great piece count for a $400 minifigure scale set.  The Harry Potter line really does have great pricing compared to other licensed themes.  Hopefully pictures will be imminent.

33 minutes ago, steam235 said:

I saw Astronomy Tower and Private Drive at Quincy Buckley

I'm genuinely shocked to see so many Colorado people on a Eurobricks forum 😂

Just now, sebastian666 said:

as of 15 mins ago @Brotherfromanotherbrick is reporting that the new Diagon Alley set has 5,544 pieces!

Holy shit! I’m not going to be able to contain my hype now 

Where is he reporting this?

Just now, Modal said:

Holy shit! I’m not going to be able to contain my hype now 

Where is he reporting this?

Instagram

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Instagram

Are you back on the Gringotts train? :excited:

10 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

I'm already sweating the decision between it and the incoming UCS Mos Eisley Cantina...

Why not...both? #workworkwork 😂