Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If I remember correctly, I think someone leaked a tiny corner of the box as a tease a day or two before the official reveal. 

omg I remember that. i think we saw like one of the green ski poles

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

Wow, surprised they even got a photo of them without them falling off :wink: darn things

16 minutes ago, Surge said:

not sure if we are allowed to post old leaks, but I found it. (I will delete it if its against the rules)

rXQmQjB.jpg

Edited by Surge

I love it how we’ve been saying the reveal will come “next week” for about a month now :laugh: But yeah, next week is obviously the limit.

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

if it doesn't come by the end of next week, I'll eat my kettle.

That might be a little difficult :grin:

On 8/11/2020 at 12:40 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Butterbeer glass and the sword of Gryffindor are amazing. Those and Fawkes might be the best part of this series. The Monster Book Of Monsters too. The accessories are fantastic in this series

Agreed, we’ve been given some great accessories here. The 1st HP CMF series was good. But I think this series is even better. 

23 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

If it doesn’t come I’ll eat a puking pastille - actually that might not be such a good idea. :sick: :tongue:

Edited by Tariq j

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

This has probably nothing at all to do with the DA!
He has a great humour in my mind and If I know him right it is probably just a new moc in his city, or maybe a friend of his has gotten a job at Lego etc.
I do not even think he is a HP fan, but we are desperate right :tongue:

It could be something. I was looking at the calendar earlier and, considering I just get the feeling that we are not going to see anything this week, I was thinking okay maybe it will be revealed on the 18th because that will be exactly two weeks before 1st September. Now sometimes these reveals don't happen beforehand in exact weeks anyway so I admit my reasoning is sketchy, but hey I'm desperate! And next Tuesday is the 18th.

Also Andres does say the thing he is teasing is 'important to the whole world' which means that the reveal has got to be something fairly large and a new MOC or suchlike is not really fitting for that description. Of course he could have been speaking ironically or it's a sort of misuse of words by a non-native English speaker. That being said, his English is very good. I've also seen him interview Marcos Bessa before and talk about the HP sets (https://zusammengebaut.com/lego-designer-marcos-bessa-im-interview-harry-potter-jurassic-world-und-was-grosses-72524/), but I don't know if he would count him as a 'best buddy'. 

So basically the outcome of all of that is ... I have not idea if it's relevant to DA. :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That sounds mighty painful!

So does Lego City reveal mean we won’t get anything this week?

Speaking of which, that set is $200? My god that is so overpriced. If DA was only 3000 pieces for $400 I think everyone here would be so disappointed.

Edited by Modal

If there's nothing this week, perhaps we'll get a teaser at the beginning of next week and a reveal a couple of days later, probably on the same week as the teaser, as was the case with the Piano, which was teased and revealed about a week and a half before its release on August 1st.

1hqk3u.jpg

37 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

but I don't know if he would count him as a 'best buddy'.

It could of course be another designer that has made the set and that he is referring to. However it most likely is not related to the DA at all (unless he finally has gotten around to see the movies with his daughter for the first time and become a HP fan himself :tongue:), I am just grasping at straws here :wacko:

15 hours ago, caption brickman said:

Went to a target all they had for the hp new wave was the astromey tower and privet drive, they also had alot of the mario some of the dc sets and the Beatles and Marylin monroe art sets on the self didn't buy any of them but great to see that they are out there. I'm in Colorado 

I'm in Colorado too. What part are you in and which Target was this? :)

5 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Just weeks ago we were debating on whether Borgin & Burke’s should/would be included in DA or as a separate set... I bet none of us would ever have imagined we would instead be discussing this about Gringotts!

That's true.

Does anyone have a link to the 2018 thread? I want to see all the leak reactions and everyone freaking out when they realize its microscale :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Modal said:

Does anyone have a link to the 2018 thread? I want to see all the leak reactions and everyone freaking out when they realize its microscale :laugh_hard:

Have fun ?

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

What time of the year does the next wave start getting rumors? 

If the last 2 years are anything to go by I wouldn't expect anything substantial before the Toy Fairs are done in february. Anything we get before then is most likely just setnumbers and prices

9 minutes ago, caption brickman said:

Orchards target in westminister 

Thanks! I'm on the opposite side of the metro. Lone Tree Target had 1 left of Privet Drive, room of requirement and Forbidden Forest so I snagged them! :D

On 1/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, Roebuck said:

sure hope not, I am a minifigscale fan! I understand that not everything will be a correct minifigscale in a set like that and that is OK, but if it is like a architecture set with 4-5 minifigs in front I will be seriously disappointed :angry:
You have frighten me know because it is definitely a possibility, but I think the danger had been greater if it was a lower price tag like 250-300 dollars! The smaller the scale the cheaper it is to make a big set and this has one of the highest price tags ever.. Smaller scale sets are more decorative pieces to put on the shelf, but Hogwarts; come on that must surly be made in minifigscale so "kids" in all ages can play with their favourite witch and wizards :grin:

I do not have those sets, where there room for the small set in the tower?

@Roebuck regarding Hogwarts D2C from January 1, 2018. I’m so sorry bud lol but this thread is fun in hindsight.

I can’t help but laugh at the similarities between “Is the Great Hall going to be in D2C Hogwarts” with “Is Gringotts going to be in D2C Diagon Alley”

Edited by Modal

I just managed to snag the 2010 Bellatrix minifigure from Mercari and man, LEGO had done such great job with it! I don't have Attack on the Burrow yet, but I can't wait to immediately replace that sad excuse for a Bellatrix minifigure with this :laugh_hard:

Edited by YetiZombie

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why is it that the HP reveals are always dead last?

Saving the best for last I reckon. 

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I love it how we’ve been saying the reveal will come “next week” for about a month now :laugh: But yeah, next week is obviously the limit.

My dad had a saying revolving around a business decision, that turned into an inside joke...any day now. That is very fitting to this discussion. :laugh: As long as we keep saying “it’s coming this week” soon enough, we’ll be right.