Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, chris6507 said:

Also just been looking at the old Fred/George minifigures and geez, the old headpiece was a million times better than what's coming in the CMF. Have the perfect level of playfulness you'd expect from the Weasley Twins without them looking like goofy 6 year olds.

Now that close-ups of the faces are available of the Fred and Geroge heads do you still think they look like 6 year olds? We get 4 face prints between the twins. 2 of them are completely new and the other 2 are just like the old expressions, only slightly updated. I think the older face prints from 10217 look goofier and younger than the 4 new face prints from the 2020 CMF to be honest:

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_66-1030x6

10217-George-Weasley.jpg

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_68.jpg

10217-Fred-Weasley.jpg

Edited by Metanoios91

21 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I think the older face prints from 10217 look goofier and younger than the 4 new face prints from the 2020 CMF to be honest

I couldn‘t agree more, I think the new face prints are so much better (all of them, not just the more restrained ones). Plus, they have two exclusive expressions each, which is a huge improvement over the 2011 versions just by itself, who had to share the same head (quite a cheap move for a D2C in hindsight, no matter how good the set was) :laugh: And if we‘re lucky, we might get four additional expressions in DA!

51 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Now that close-ups of the faces are available of the Fred and Geroge heads do you still think they look like 6 year olds? We get 4 face prints between the twins. 2 of them are completely new and the other 2 are just like the old expressions, only slightly updated. I think the older face prints from 10217 look goofier and younger than the 4 new face prints from the 2020 CMF to be honest:

I am always one that's willing to admit when I am wrong, and I do agree, the faces aren't as bad as I originally thought. I do in all honestly actually do still prefer the old face personally, but the new ones are decent enough (and will cost roughly the same for the whole new figure as it would just the old head) that I will probably get two extras to fix up my quidditch Weasley's so my old figures can have their heads back! :-D

I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I think it might be the beanies sitting a bit low for my liking that's making them look a bit childish. Or maybe too straight across the face? I don't know. But there's something that I still find a bit off. But hey... that's just me! :-)

1 minute ago, SupesBatsy said:

513 pages and still no DA reveal lol

Were there any leaks for the Hogwarts set from 2 years ago?

I don't think there were. But I could be mistaken.

3 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

513 pages and still no DA reveal lol

Were there any leaks for the Hogwarts set from 2 years ago?

There were the micro figures, but as far as I know, that was it, and I'm pretty sure that was fairly close to the actual reveal

Hum actually for Hogwarts there was a leak of the box like 2 or 3 days before the official reveal. If somebody can confirm that ... but I am pretty sure that I saw some blurry pictures of the box before any HD pictures! Anyway, can't wait for the DA reveal !

16 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

Hum actually for Hogwarts there was a leak of the box like 2 or 3 days before the official reveal. If somebody can confirm that ... but I am pretty sure that I saw some blurry pictures of the box before any HD pictures! Anyway, can't wait for the DA reveal !

I also faintly remember a picture of the box leaking, but I‘m not 100% sure it actually happened :laugh: The nanofigs however definitely leaked a while before, as @RealGeronimo11 points out

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I also faintly remember a picture of the box leaking, but I‘m not 100% sure it actually happened :laugh: The nanofigs however definitely leaked a while before, as @RealGeronimo11 points out

Come to think about it, I think I also remember the box leaking, because I remember being annoyed it wasn't an add-on to the play-scale Hogwarts sets, but that could've also just been the actual reveal

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If I remember correctly, I think someone leaked a tiny corner of the box as a tease a day or two before the official reveal. 

2 hours ago, Salix said:

That's what the other people who think Gringotts isn't in DA also assume. :P

Personally I think Gringotts can still be in DA as it is possible that Gringotts has printed elements, a separate sticker sheet with see though stickers, and/or just another sticker sheet with regular stickers that wasn't leaked.

Regardless if it's included or not. I do agree that next year probably will have a playset of some underground parts of Gringotts including the dragon.

Just weeks ago we were debating on whether Borgin & Burke’s should/would be included in DA or as a separate set... I bet none of us would ever have imagined we would instead be discussing this about Gringotts!

Edited by sammy_zammy

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Just weeks ago we were debating on whether Borgin & Burke’s should/would be included in DA or as a separate set... I bet none of us would ever have imagined this discussion would turn into being about Gringotts!

No exactly, which kind of just highlights how much of a ludicrous move it would be really for Gringotts not to be included. Gringotts and Diagon Alley have been synonymous from book 1 of Harry Potter!

27 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe the set is called right side of DA, wait 2 years for the left side set :tongue:

If they did that I think it would be called the wrong side not the right. ?

A new LEGO City set might be revealed soon. Pics have leaked on Instagram. If that's this week's reveal, then perhaps DA will come next week??? :drunk:

So instead of revealing THE DIAGON ALLEY they revealed the city square set. Please lego reveal something tomorrow.

Edited by Nikiforosdallas

I had just woken up and saw that lego had posted on Instagram so I clicked on it. Me, barely awake, thought for a split second the picture was of Diagon Alley and not the city set. I really am losing my mind at this point :roflmao:

I say we spam the post with comments about DA. It worked for the 501st battle pack, maybe it'll work for this

This has probably nothing at all to do with the DA!
He has a great humour in my mind and If I know him right it is probably just a new moc in his city, or maybe a friend of his has gotten a job at Lego etc.
I do not even think he is a HP fan, but we are desperate right :tongue:
So have a look at this clip: