Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I tried calling my Target to ask if they knew when the new sets were coming or if they could confirm availability, and they pretty much said they had no idea. They get shipment trucks every day but won't be able to know if they have it until it becomes available online :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by YetiZombie

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I tried calling my Target to ask if they knew when the new sets were coming or if they could confirm availability, and they pretty much said they had no idea. They get shipment trucks every day but won't be able to know if they have it until it becomes available online :shrug_oh_well:

Use Brickseek

Just now, YetiZombie said:

None of the DPCI's show up for the new sets

Thats unfortunate. Hopefully S@H will start selling them soon. I'll be checking every night at midnight 

58 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Could've looked a bit better perhaps if his trousers would have been printed on the torso (like the leaked DA Harry) because he wears them rather high up in the films.

It would've probably made him a bit more accurate but it would also really limit the reusability of his torso so I'm glad they did what they did. It's a fantastic torso, both for Griphook and other (non) Potter characters

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would've probably made him a bit more accurate but it would also really limit the reusability of his torso so I'm glad they did what they did. It's a fantastic torso, both for Griphook and other (non) Potter characters

Good point about the reusability! But yeah, the arm printing especially is very impressive.

Checked two Targets. Didn’t have anything but had the prices up for the new sets

1 hour ago, joeee said:

Ooh! Have you guys been seeing the sets appear at Target?

I went to 4 targets yesterday and 2 5 belows (I found the Disney CMF early there) and no luck. 

my guess is that once targets gets the sets, they may have the CMF too, so keep looking and asking my friends! 

Edited by Sheesh417

1 hour ago, thenudeorganist said:

All in all, I definitely prefer this series to the first one. What do you think about using that Lily head for Molly? I'll probably use it or a general Leia head for Molly unless she comes in the DA with a new, more accurate print. Apologies for a long post, I had to share my thoughts after a long hiatus from here :D And once again, thank you for staying otterly awesome on this forum!

Hadn’t thought about it! It’s a good idea. Molly was aged but that Helga head looks too old and chubby for Molly. 

I see a lot of people on here talking about buying the big box of the CMF series 2, I remember when the first series came out I bought it on Amazon I know I paid about 150 for it but I got every single character with no duplicates. Will that not be available this time?

40 minutes ago, Yay1234 said:

I see a lot of people on here talking about buying the big box of the CMF series 2, I remember when the first series came out I bought it on Amazon I know I paid about 150 for it but I got every single character with no duplicates. Will that not be available this time?

If you bought a complete series through amazon it was probably a reseller. There will likely be plenty of people selling complete sets at a markup like that on amazon, ebay, and other sites like that.

Those of us who are talking about buy a whole box are considering it because they typically would have done so anyway or the COVID crisis in our area has made our normal bag feeling methods untenable and we’d rather buy a box and sell the extras ourselves than buy a full series at a markup. 

Edited by Accio Lego

1 hour ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Just wondering, has anyone spotted the great hall polybag in US stores yet? 

I found it at Walmart here in Canada a couple of weeks ago. That's the only thing I've seen of the new wave, hahaha.

Went to a target all they had for the hp new wave was the astromey tower and privet drive, they also had alot of the mario some of the dc sets and the Beatles and Marylin monroe art sets on the self didn't buy any of them but great to see that they are out there. I'm in Colorado 

49 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

anyone in southern California find the sets? 

Unfortunately not, but I called the 3 closet Targets to me, and they said the new sets should be in stock by August 15th - 17th.

8 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

I went to 4 targets yesterday and 2 5 belows (I found the Disney CMF early there) and no luck. 

my guess is that once targets gets the sets, they may have the CMF too, so keep looking and asking my friends! 

Thank you! I'll keep checking the Targets in Irvine and Tustin and let you guys know!

10 minutes ago, joeee said:

Thank you! I'll keep checking the Targets in Irvine and Tustin and let you guys know!

Thanks! I looked at the stores in Anaheim and orange! I’ll keep you guys updated in my searches aha 

Also, I think it would be great to organize an AFOL meet up if anyone else is down

Edited by Sheesh417

7 hours ago, Yay1234 said:

If you paid 150 for the entire series but no duplicates you definetely paid way more than it's worth because that's really overpriced :oh: 

Sorry if this has already been talked about but since it seems that Gringotts is not in the DA set I suspect it will come as a smaller set next year with the dragon from Deathly Hallows.

Also I am still baffled as to why LEGO hasn't given us official pics for the cmf even though promobricks is literally reviewing it... :laugh:

9 hours ago, Thieda said:

Sorry if this has already been talked about but since it seems that Gringotts is not in the DA set I suspect it will come as a smaller set next year with the dragon from Deathly Hallows.

That's what the other people who think Gringotts isn't in DA also assume. :P

Personally I think Gringotts can still be in DA as it is possible that Gringotts has printed elements, a separate sticker sheet with see through stickers, and/or just another sticker sheet with regular stickers that wasn't leaked.

Regardless if it's included or not. I do agree that next year probably will have a playset of some underground parts of Gringotts including the dragon.

Edited by Salix