Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I wonder whether a pre-order for Diagon Alley will go live as soon as the set is revealed.  If so, we're all in trouble.  :grin:

They haven't done that for other recent D2Cs right? I highly doubt it'll happen with DA

5 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I hope they do offer preorder but make it VIP exclusive. I don't want to stay up until midnight:head_back:

Why would they make preorders a VIP exclusive thing? Then they might as well just give it an early VIP release :sceptic:

Totally random, but if people are free/down and if we can pick a good time for most timezones, we should do a group build of DA together. We could do it over Zoom and maybe build a couple bags together while chatting. I've only been here for a few months, but it would be nice to put faces to some of these usernames :classic:

Edited by YetiZombie

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would they make preorders a VIP exclusive thing? Then they might as well just give it an early VIP release :sceptic:

so then they can let everybody get it at the same time yet still give VIPs priority.

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Totally random, but if people are free/down and if we can pick a good time for most timezones, we should do a group build of DA together. We could do it over Zoom and maybe build a couple bags together while chatting. I've only been here for a few months, but it would be nice to put faces to some of these usernames :classic:

That would be great! I’d love to do something like that, I guess we’ll just have to see how many of us are able to get our hands on the set on release night :roflmao:

14 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

so then they can let everybody get it at the same time yet still give VIPs priority.

A VIP-exclusive preorder would obviously give VIP's priority but it wouldn't allow everyone to buy it at the same time

Personally, I’m almost certainly going to be delaying getting DA the same way I did with the Hogwarts D2C. Avoid the initial rushes and selling out and wait for a slightly more convenient time. Since I suspect that I’m going to end up investing in a full box of the CMF (and selling off the extras), I’m going to prioritize getting that first. After all, the CMF will only be produced for 4 months and then stay on shelves on as long as it takes to sell out afterwards. Meanwhile, D2Cs will get produced for a couple of years, so there’s no worry that it won’t be there after the initial rush. 
Pretty sure my local Lego store is hard lining the September 1st release of the regular sets, so I’ll likely get a look at the display model while I’m in to get those and take a chance to fawn over it and figure out how much shelf space I have to prepare though :laugh:

Anyone else think the wait would be much easier if they just showed the damn thing lol doesn't help that I've been stuck at home for the last 6 months.

Also, don't know if it means anything, but the 2018 Hogwarts Lego Designer Video Review came out on August 11, 2018

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

doesn't help that I've been stuck at home for the last 6 months.

Also, don't know if it means anything, but the 2018 Hogwarts Lego Designer Video Review came out on August 11, 2018

Me too. It's why I value this forum so much. :excited:

I doubt it does mean anything, because 71043 had already been revealed on the 25th July and was then available for VIPs on the 15th August. The only thing this might tell us is that if this set follows exactly the same time schedule it could be released on 1st September and the designer video would release on 28th August. But nothing about this set is really following a pattern.

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

Anyone else think the wait would be much easier if they just showed the damn thing lol doesn't help that I've been stuck at home for the last 6 months.

We could still easily get a press release tomorrow and a VIP Early Access this weekend, but at this point I’ll believe it when I see it.  

Wonder if Diagon Alley and/or the CMF are going to be delayed in the US?  I don’t even want to think about it, but my country is Megabloked up.  Mexico will have to shut down the factories again, before long.  :cry_sad:

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

We could still easily get a press release tomorrow and a VIP Early Access this weekend, but at this point I’ll believe it when I see it.  

Wonder if Diagon Alley and/or the CMF are going to be delayed in the US?  I don’t even want to think about it, but my country is Megabloked up.  Mexico will have to shut down the factories again, before long.  :cry_sad:

I think if there were going to be delays for D2C we would have experienced it with the NES and Mickey/Minnie. Regardless, I don't even mind waiting a bit as long as I can see it. I just want to know it exists lol

everyone seems to certain about september 1st release for diagon alley, how come?

23 hours ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

I was at Walmart yesterday morning....it was depressing. Definitely nothing new at mine. Haven’t been to Target recently, but around here they’re better stocked than Walmart. 

8 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Oh Neil, I'm now scared

It’s hit or miss. I was surprised the NES took so long to sell out, nearly a day. Meanwhile the Grand Piano sold out in 15 minutes. I’m telling myself it won’t sell out too quickly, but that’s likely because I don’t not exactly have the money for DA right now, on top of the other HP sets. :sadnew:

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I found a couple of the new HP and SW sets at my local Target 

Are the sets streetdated? 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

figure out how much shelf space I have to prepare though :laugh:

Story of my life... actually wait, no, I just wing it lol. I just have a box of built Lego HP that I don’t have anywhere to put... do you think maybe it’s telling me to stop buying it? :wink:

10 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Story of my life... actually wait, no, I just wing it lol. I just have a box of built Lego HP that I don’t have anywhere to put... do you think maybe it’s telling me to stop buying it? :wink:

Nah, I'm just going to cycle sets around once I run out of space. Which after DA, will probably be the case.

59 minutes ago, deskp said:

everyone seems to certain about september 1st release for diagon alley, how come?

Considering the rest of the theme has been delayed, it wouldn’t surprise me if the D2C was as well. Although I don’t believe any other D2C has been delayed...time will tell.