Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

My plan is to order online as soon as it's available, go in store the next morning, and cancel the online order if I get it in store :laugh:.

That's kind of the downside of Lego's insanely fast service here in Canada. If I place an order at midnight, it'll be in the warehouse long before customer service opens in the morning. I've tried a couple of times to amend an order first thing the next morning with no luck.

It's great for the most part though, as orders are at my door first thing in the morning the day after. When I see people complaining about their orders lingering in the warehouse for days on end, I find it hard to believe it's the same company.

That Dumbledore is amazing! The printing is fiiine and the hair/hat mold is fantastic!

My 2nd favorite is Ron for sure, his torso/legs are super detailed and I love the color scheme. His 2nd expression is recycled except for the eyebrows but okay.

Harry is okay, not my favorite variant. But that book is very well done and the legs are useful!

Hermione is my least favorite. There’s something about that face that I can’t quite put my finger on, and I’m not a fan of how the colors on the torso look now.

1 hour ago, Icebrick said:

Does anyone else  think that the the Hermione  in the CMF looks more like Emma Watson?

They’re all kind of a miss tbh, but then again they haven’t nailed Ron that well either IMO. If you morphed them all into one perhaps it would look more like her :roflmao:

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Otherworld re Privacy connection errors - well there's the universe telling me to get off Eurobricks! :laugh:

But now we're back! :devil:

It’s already an addiction of mine what can I say :def_shrug::tongue:

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

The pumpkin was released for the Stranger Things set (a full year before the Harry Potter wave used it)

According to Brickset HH 2Jun and ST12 Jun, who used the budget on the part however is harder to guess :shrug_oh_well:

When August 31st comes around I'll probably be sitting behind my laptop around 23:30 refreshing S@H like an idiot :laugh_hard: If everything goes according to plan I should be able to get it day 1, I've got the money set aside and I got myself a Paypal account a while ago in preparation so fingers crossed!

Being able to get DA on day one would be a dream come true, especially considering college doesn't start untill the 7th for me which gives me plenty of time to finish building it :excited:

4 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Oh nooooo, this doesn't sound good. As long as it's back in time for Christmas, I reckon I'll be happy

It almost certainly will I’d say although would imagine it’ll be hard to find. But hey, at least that way you might be able to take advantage of a double points promo!

Finally, I can get back on eurobricks again. Nothing wrong with my clock :damn::laugh_hard:

Either way I love the butterbeer glasses. Never would've thought we would ever get those. The mold looks really cool. Also love the new faces for Ron and Hermione.

The potions book's tile looks really great with the sectumsempra spell and all. Just kinda wished it also included the name Half Blood Prince. Oh well, this will do just fine.

7 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

1. What do you think are going to be for next year for Deathly Hallows

2. Are there going to be Fantastic Beasts 2 or 3 sets

3. Are there going to be any 20th Anniversary Harry Potter sets

4. Which characters which have never been made are going to be made

I have an entire list of my guesses for 2021 and 2022. But I don't think this is the right forum for that so I save that for next year. But to keep it short, basically I expect them to use 2021 to make sets mostly set around the horcruxes (with an exception of the ring, which would be the resurrection stone instead) and the battle of Hogwarts.

I don't really expect too much for the 20th anniversary as unlike star wars, Harry potter was most of that time not around. Maybe a fun little polybag and festive boxes but that's about it.

For 2022 I expect them to give us the majority missing locations, like a chamber of secrets. But also with two or so crimes of grindelwald sets because of the third movie. Maybe a third one for the actual movie, but that's always tricky. And a cmf series 3 to fill in on the missing characters  (with both fb 1 and 2 included for the characters that are unlikely to appear in sets, like Gnarlak.) Maybe another d2c, this time Hogsmeade. And from 2023 and onwards they go revisit old locations with maybe a hint of that new direction with a 19 years later train in 2022.

But back to topic

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

When August 31st comes around I'll probably be sitting behind my laptop around 23:30 refreshing S@H like an idiot :laugh_hard: If everything goes according to plan I should be able to get it day 1, I've got the money set aside and I got myself a Paypal account a while ago in preparation so fingers crossed!

Being able to get DA on day one would be a dream come true, especially considering college doesn't start untill the 7th for me which gives me plenty of time to finish building it :excited:

Don't you guys think it might be wise to wait a little in case there's a late gwp reveal? Or is that always revealed the same day? 

I made the ‘mistake’ to buy D2C Hogwarts the second it released and missed out on the Diagon Alley GWP as a result. My plan this time is to wait for a VIP double points event later in the year, unless they come out with a really cool GWP AND double points when DA releases...

I’m also prioritising an HP CMF box over DA, as DA will be available for longer and I like to at least try and spread out my purchases??‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Don't you guys think it might be wise to wait a little in case there's a late gwp reveal? Or is that always revealed the same day? 

This is why I'm waiting to buy The Burrow and some of the other 2020 sets in case a sweet GWP pops up a month or two later. In 2018, the Hogwarts D2C was released in August (for VIP) and the Diagon Alley GWP was in November, so people who bought the D2C on release day didn't know about or get the GWP.

EDIT: @MooneyRemus beat me to it :laugh:

Edited by YetiZombie

I think I will wait until at least late November so I don't miss out on a GWP I think there is a high chance for a mini Hogsmeade GWP.

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

When August 31st comes around I'll probably be sitting behind my laptop around 23:30 refreshing S@H like an idiot :laugh_hard:

I’ve bought a tent, an Ethernet cable and a modem and am planning on camping next to my ISP to ensure I’ve covered all possibilities :wink:

18 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This is why I'm waiting to buy The Burrow and some of the other 2020 sets in case a sweet GWP pops up a month or two later. In 2018, the Hogwarts D2C was released in August (for VIP) and the Diagon Alley GWP was in November, so people who bought the D2C on release day didn't know about or get the GWP.

Yup, that was a painful day I can tell you... First world problems lol but I remember feeling cheated by Lego for buying such a large set on release day and not getting the GWP? Oh well. I’ll watch reviews of DA until the happy moment when I can afford to buy it

22 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I knew I would want to get DA asap so there are some other sets I haven't bought yet that I can purchase to get a possible GWP:wink:

Times like these I realize how lucky I am to live 5 minutes away from a Lego store. Glad I don’t have to worry about ordering online

10 minutes ago, MooneyRemus said:

Yup, that was a painful day I can tell you... First world problems lol but I remember feeling cheated by Lego for buying such a large set on release day and not getting the GWP? Oh well. I’ll watch reviews of DA until the happy moment when I can afford to buy it

Lol I can't imagine, I only recently got out of my dark ages so I've only heard that it happened from others. The good thing is that if they delay the GWP until a few months later, it won't be exclusive to purchasing DA (as opposed to something like the mini batmobile GWP where you had to buy the larger batmobile). So as long as you have something to buy, you won't miss out.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Times like these I realize how lucky I am to live 5 minutes away from a Lego store. Glad I don’t have to worry about ordering online

I thought so too (I live like 20 min way). But when the Grand Piano came out there was a huge line of people already there before me and I missed it by one person :pir-bawling:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I recommend refreshing target in the 14th lol

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I'm talking about DA here. I'm Dutch so I got the sets I wanted most over 2 months ago :grin:

3 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

No point in refreshing cause you can pre-order the sets today though, right?

Edited by YetiZombie

43 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yeah I thought I remembered it going something like that, but I didn't pay enough attention to the Hogwarts d2c in 2018 to be sure. I already bought most of the 2020 stuff so I will definitely have to wait for the gwp set.

Gonna be my first time trying to be on s@h again since last time they canceled my order without notifying me, because I wanted to pay with my bank (since I didn't had any creditcards.) Apparently they won't accept that at higher prices. Wish they had notified me sooner as the set was gone by the time I realised. So I guess I'm gonna need PayPal.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

if I remember correctly the DA GWP wasn't limited to only harry potter, right?

4 minutes ago, Surge said:

if I remember correctly the DA GWP wasn't limited to only harry potter, right?

Correct, it came with a minimum purchase of any LEGO products worth $99 and above

I wonder whether a pre-order for Diagon Alley will go live as soon as the set is revealed.  If so, we're all in trouble.  :grin:

When do they typically announce GWP’s? And is there always a new one every month?