Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

On the topic of Gringotts being included, while I agree that it may sell better as a stand-alone set for those who can’t afford a $400 Diagon Alley, I personally would be very upset at its exclusion. The modular Hogwarts is one thing, but LEGO selling 90% of Diagon Alley in a $400 set and then saying “wait another year for the most iconic building” would really annoy me. It would be much, much less irritating if they came out at the same time although I still wouldn’t like it. I always thought it made the most sense to include a wonderful Gringotts in the D2C with an interior consisting of desks and one vault, and then to do a $50-60 dragon escape set next year with the Ukrainian Ironbelly, a small roller coaster section for the mine cart track, and maybe Bellatrix’s vault. I can’t see LEGO making a $100 Gringotts set with a sizeable exterior, an interior, AND a dragon. That sounds like a $150 set to me at the very least. I also think it’s possible that the name could be printed or on a separate clear-backed sticker sheet, but I hope we get a concrete answer soon. 

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, if they officially reveal DA and it doesn’t have Gringotts, I don’t know how they will be able to keep a straight face while explaining how it’s the definitive DA set. And yea, to charge people $400 just to tell them they have an incomplete set is not a great look. And for anyone mentioning 2018 Hogwarts not being complete, I think everyone is aware that having an entire Hogwarts is unfathomable given the size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Modal said:

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, if they officially reveal DA and it doesn’t have Gringotts, I don’t know how they will be able to keep a straight face while explaining how it’s the definitive DA set. And yea, to charge people $400 just to tell them they have an incomplete set is not a great look. And for anyone mentioning 2018 Hogwarts not being complete, I think everyone is aware that having an entire Hogwarts is unfathomable given the size.

Did I miss something? When did LEGO ever say they were releasing “the definitive DA set”??? :laugh_hard: The set hasn’t even been officially confirmed yet, and we still have no idea what it will be called - let alone if it will be “definitive.” In all likelihood, this will be “The Shoppes of Diagon Alley” which, in my mind, is wonderful.

But no matter what LEGO produces, some people are going to inevitably be unhappy that their favorite shop isn’t included. Would I have loved an Eylop’s Owl Emporium instead of Scribulus? Absolutely. But it seems that LEGO is really trying to give the fans a highly detailed, screen accurate portrayal of the most recognizable side of the Alley, with shops most fans know and love - like Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s, WWW, and a few other bonuses. There are obviously still loads of shops that are going to be missing.

Think about it... Wouldn’t you rather pay $400 this year for an amazing “Shoppes of Diagon Alley”, and then $120 or so next year for a big “Escape from Gringott’s” set that you can display with your shops? Gringott’s is just SOO much bigger than the other shops in the alley, I really don’t think they would be able to do it justice in a set that already includes at least six other shops.

At the end of the day, a separate Gringott’s or Borgin & Burke’s or Leaky Cauldron will only add value to what is guaranteed to be an incredible set. While I still hope I’m wrong and that somehow Gringott’s will magically be included - I am now 100% fine waiting until next year for it and getting a big badass dragon with it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Did I miss something? When did LEGO ever say they were releasing “the definitive DA set”??? :laugh_hard: The set hasn’t even been officially confirmed yet, and we still have no idea what it will be called - let alone if it will be “definitive.” In all likelihood, this will be “The Shoppes of Diagon Alley” which, in my mind, is wonderful.

But no matter what LEGO produces, some people are going to inevitably be unhappy that their favorite shop isn’t included. Would I have loved an Eylop’s Owl Emporium instead of Scribulus? Absolutely. But it seems that LEGO is really trying to give the fans a highly detailed, screen accurate portrayal of the most recognizable side of the Alley, with shops most fans know and love - like Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s, WWW, and a few other bonuses. There are obviously still loads of shops that are going to be missing.

Think about it... Wouldn’t you rather pay $400 this year for an amazing “Shoppes of Diagon Alley”, and then $120 or so next year for a big “Escape from Gringott’s” set that you can display with your shops? Gringott’s is just SOO much bigger than the other shops in the alley, I really don’t think they would be able to do it justice in a set that already includes at least six other shops.

At the end of the day, a separate Gringott’s or Borgin & Burke’s or Leaky Cauldron will only add value to what is guaranteed to be an incredible set. While I still hope I’m wrong and that somehow Gringott’s will magically be included - I am now 100% fine waiting until next year for it and getting a big badass dragon with it too.

Fair enough, I’m putting words in their mouth, but with how they have been treating their sets lately with all the details and accuracy, I could see how they would approach the set wanting it to be as definitive as possible. 

Like I said earlier, if they let us know on the DA reveal that an massively detailed Gringotts is coming next year as you’re describing, I wouldn’t be totally upset. I’m just worried a set focusing on “Escape from Gringotts” will focus more on the playability of a roller coaster and a dragon more than the exterior/interior of a Gringotts to put with DA. I would imagine more of a Battle of Hoth scenario where we get a small outline of the base with a bunch of disconnected pieces. 

If they made a $200 UCS Gringotts next year to go with a 5000 piece Shoppes of DA then sure sign me up! I just don’t think we’ll get that.

Also, you act like Gringott’s being added is some insane “magical” thing :laugh_hard: if the stickers didn’t leak I don’t think anyone here would assume Gringotts wouldn’t be included! Or maybe someone questioned it early on who knows, but I would say still it’s more likely in than out.

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modal said:

Like I said earlier, if they let us know on the DA reveal that an massively detailed Gringotts is coming next year as you’re describing, I wouldn’t be totally upset. I’m just worried a set focusing on “Escape from Gringotts” will focus more on the playability of a roller coaster and a dragon more than the exterior/interior of a Gringotts to put with DA. I would imagine more of a Battle of Hoth scenario where we get a small outline of the base with a bunch of disconnected pieces. 

This is exactly why I honestly doubt that Gringotts will be excluded. The target audience for a $100 "Escape from Gringotts" play-set next year will be totally different from the target audience for a $400 display piece this year. LEGO would prioritize play features in that Gringotts set, which wouldn't give them enough pieces to make the set look detailed enough to stand alongside this year's set. Especially if the dragon is included - that'll take up 300 or so pieces by itself, leaving around 700 to do a detailed exterior, interior, and roller coaster. It would also require some explanations from the designers as to why it was excluded this year.

Also, I think people are overestimating the number of pieces required for the different shops on the sticker sheet. The Daily Prophet has a door sticker, but I doubt there will be much behind it (at Universal Orlando, it's just a locked door). Florean Fortescue might only get a cart (since there's no signage, just a menu). Scribbulus will probably be combined with Ollivander's (let's say around 700 pieces). F&B and QQS likely won't require more than 500 pieces each. WWW will probably be large, but no more than 1k pieces. That still leaves around 2k pieces to give to a potential Gringotts and Leaky Cauldron. Based on this, I really wouldn't rule out anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Also, you act like Gringott’s being added is some insane “magical” thing :laugh_hard: if the stickers didn’t leak I don’t think anyone here would assume Gringotts wouldn’t be included! 

I will speak for myself here, but I never for a minute thought we would get BOTH Weasley Wizarding Wheezes AND Gringott’s in one set. The $400 price point and the limited availability of the D2C “Shoppes of Diagon Alley” set excludes a large segment of LEGO’s target audience (kids), and a $100 - $150 set of either WWW or Gringott’s would sell like hot cakes for kids. LEGO stands to make a lot more money this way, but this point has already been made by others.

Like I said, I am hoping and praying that we are wrong and that Gringott’s is included. But if it isn’t, we are guaranteed to get it as a separate set next year. If you are at all worried that it won’t be up to par, just look at the recent wave of sets and take comfort. None of them cut corners or just focus on one action sequence - we are getting highly detailed full facades of iconic buildings with some subtle play features. It’s safe to say that we can expect the same of a stand-alone Gringott’s set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

I am not in one of the states where the infection rate is low enough for me to consider browsing Target or Walmart a good idea, but I assume if anyone had found the CMF stateside then we’d have more leaked pics by now. Target and Walmart are more likely just to put the sets out whenever they arrive, but I still wouldn’t expect anything from them until mid August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I am not in one of the states where the infection rate is low enough for me to consider browsing Target or Walmart a good idea, but I assume if anyone had found the CMF stateside then we’d have more leaked pics by now. 

Speaking of more pictures, Promobricks said they would give us more CMF pics this weekend. It's almost monday now and still nothing :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of more pictures, Promobricks said they would give us more CMF pics this weekend. It's almost monday now and still nothing :sceptic:

Yeah, I’ve been checking here frequently, expecting to see another 20 pages pop up the minute we get a full set of HD pics :snicker: but nothing so far :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I know we’re already on the verge of Diagon Alley, but has anyone in the US found the HP CMF series or Summer Ninjago, Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets in stores yet? Preferably a Target or Walmart.

Haven't been to Walmart or Target this week but Target's website has most of these new sets listed as being able to be shipped beginning 8/14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of more pictures, Promobricks said they would give us more CMF pics this weekend. It's almost monday now and still nothing :sceptic:

Where did they say that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What hairpiece do you guys think the twins are gonna use in DA? The same hairpiece they had in the 2011 DA, or something new? I was rewatching the WWW scene in Half-Blood Prince and thinking maybe the sleepyhead hair would suit them pretty decently, plus it would make them more distinct from their original versions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

What hairpiece do you guys think the twins are gonna use in DA? The same hairpiece they had in the 2011 DA, or something new? I was rewatching the WWW scene in Half-Blood Prince and thinking maybe the sleepyhead hair would suit them pretty decently, plus it would make them more distinct from their original versions 

It would also make them a little more distinct from Arthur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

What hairpiece do you guys think the twins are gonna use in DA? The same hairpiece they had in the 2011 DA, or something new? I was rewatching the WWW scene in Half-Blood Prince and thinking maybe the sleepyhead hair would suit them pretty decently, plus it would make them more distinct from their original versions 

Hmm, the sleepyhead hair would probably work well. I was also thinking maybe the Birthday Boy hair or Zombie businessman.

34 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

It would also make them a little more distinct from Arthur. 

To be honest, I wasn't too happy with the hair they used for Arthur to begin with, but hopefully they do use a different hair piece, especially as they'll also have full-length legs so it'd be good to distinguish them in a line up of Weasley minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promobricks have started with their review of the CMF series with Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, and Hermione being the first batch: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71028-harry-potter-minifiguren-review-1/106492/

I love that butterbeer mould :wub: And the 1x2 tile in Harry’s copy of the Advanced Potion-making book is very detailed!

Looks like they will look at four minifigs each day, so tomorrow they’ll cover row 2 on the sheet :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Promobricks have started with their review of the CMF series with Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, and Hermione being the first batch: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71028-harry-potter-minifiguren-review-1/106492/

I love that butterbeer mould :wub: And the 1x2 tile in Harry’s copy of the Advanced Potion-making book is very detailed! 

Looks like they will look at four minifigs each day, so tomorrow they’ll cover row 2 on the sheet :classic:

WOW the inside of the book printing is incredible! So much better than I expected :grin_wub:

Edited by YetiZombie
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I love that butterbeer mould :wub:

Yeah, wow...the way the orange catches the light, that’s just mesmerizing. I am absolutely fascinated as to how they made that piece, but yeah the figures (and their accessories especially) so far look great, even Harry who seemed pretty basic I’m impressed by

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the sand blue colour of the potion book. Such a great recolour and the printed page is great too. The leaflet made it look like it's dbg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, those close-up photos have totally sold me on buying this series. The quality of the printing in the potions book, and new Butterbeer piece, are incredible... I haven't felt like buying HP LEGO recently, which on one hand has been good for my budget, but dang it the designers are just too good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, they look great! Still wish we would've gotten more interesting variants for especially Ron and Hermione but at least they didn't slow down on the printing! The Butterbeer cup, Fawkes and both the in- and outside of APM are all gorgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone 

1. What do you think are going to be for next year for Deathly Hallows

2. Are there going to be Fantastic Beasts 2 or 3 sets

3. Are there going to be any 20th Anniversary Harry Potter sets

4. Which characters which have never been made are going to be made

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wow, they look great! Still wish we would've gotten more interesting variants for especially Ron and Hermione but at least they didn't slow down on the printing! The Butterbeer cup, Fawkes and both the in- and outside of APM are all gorgeous!

i think they should have done the trio when they did the polyjuice potion with different hairpieces and the series 14 tiger lady hair for hermione and at least we now have all of the marauders

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Hi Everyone 

1. What do you think are going to be for next year for Deathly Hallows

It's impossible to say for sure yet, though if Gringotts ends up not being included in the Diagon Alley set, then it will almost certainly appear next year.  Presumably any Hogwarts expansions will be Battle of Hogwarts themed, and it would be nice to get locations such as the Ministry of Magic or Malfoy Manor.  The flying motorbike would be a good inclusion in a small set.  Hopefully the doe Patronus and Umbridge's cat Patronus can be included if the scenes they were in get sets.  More Patronuses are always welcome!

9 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

2. Are there going to be Fantastic Beasts 2 or 3 sets

Probably not until the next movie comes out.  While Fantastic Beasts 3 is still scheduled for November 2021, it has a very high chance of getting pushed back due to filming delays, so there probably won't be anything next year.  Going by the previous Fantastic Beasts wave, there likely won't be more than two sets, as Fantastic Beasts sets don't seem to be as strong of sellers compared to the Harry Potter sets, and any set for Fantastic Beasts 3 released before the movie has a larger chance of being inaccurate due to lack of reference materials (That seems to be why the Grindelwald's Escape set was the only Fantastic Beasts 2 set and had an inaccurate Grindelwald design)  If a third CMF series comes out the same year as Fantastic Beasts 3, there could be Fantastic Beasts minifigures included (most likely all based on the second movie if so, as the first CMF had only Fantastic Beasts 1 minifigures)

20 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

3. Are there going to be any 20th Anniversary Harry Potter sets

I'm not sure that LEGO would celebrate the 20th anniversary of the sets, as unlike Star Wars, there were years during that time where no new sets were released.  If they specifically celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movies, I could see something done for that, such as a Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone set being included in the 2021 wave.

24 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

4. Which characters which have never been made are going to be made

Next year? Presumably any noteworthy characters from the Deathly Hallows movies, such as Bill Weasley, Xenophilius Lovegood, Bathilda Bagshot, Yaxley, Scabior, the Carrows, and the Grey Lady.

30 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

i think they should have done the trio when they did the polyjuice potion with different hairpieces and the series 14 tiger lady hair for hermione and at least we now have all of the marauders

I really was expecting that version of the trio to be included in Series 2, but perhaps they will appear if a third CMF is made in the future.  Considering how much detail has been put into these CMF minifigures, I think there would be a high chance of Cat Hermione getting a brand new hairpiece if she appeared in a CMF series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to finally have high resolution pictures of at least some of the characters. The trio are well done even if none of us were really waiting with bated breath for these variants - still, very nice prints on all of them and the butterbeer mugs and copy of Advanced Potion Making are amazing (and I am absolutely delighted at the inside 1x2 tile, absolutely perfect). Dumbledore’s also great, love the fact that his skirt piece has printing on the back as well, and Fawkes is amazing. 
 

Can’t wait to see the next batch (high res pics of the Sword of Gryffindor!)

Question though, do promobricks do English translations of their articles? I’d love to be able to read the actual reviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Question though, do promobricks do English translations of their articles? I’d love to be able to read the actual reviews. 

Don't think they do, I just cut and paste into google translate if there is anything on there I want to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next wave I sure hope they will make special molds for all the remaining horcruxes. We are missising he locket, the ring, the cup and the diadem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.