Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

I’m honestly very surprised we don’t have set names yet. Every day I expect to see a list popping up but it just hasn’t happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wouldn't expect minifigs anytime soon, but new animal moulds (if there are any!) are quite realistic :classic: 

That’s true - the problem is that the next wave is most likely based off of the OotP and HBP movies, and neither of those have a bunch of new magical creatures in the movies (well, except for thestrals, but we already got a new thestral in a Fantastic Beasts set). So the only way we’ll see any new animals is if we’re lucky enough to get the DA Patronus lesson scene as a set (which would be awesome). 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m honestly very surprised we don’t have set names yet. Every day I expect to see a list popping up but it just hasn’t happened

I’m even more surprised that we haven’t gotten any fake lists yet. I’d have expected at least one by now, especially since we’ve got a cmf to make a fake lineup for as well. :tongue: Maybe the London Toy Fair next week will bring the both real leakers and trolls out of the woodwork - that should keep us all busy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really exciting to see what the sets looks like this year, since we have very few sets from 5-6 in the past we are on new ground here compared to the first 2 waves :excited:
 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Maybe the London Toy Fair next week will bring the both real leakers and trolls out of the woodwork - that should keep us all busy.

I sure hope so, but skeptic because of the strict NDAs there :sceptic:
 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s true - the problem is that the next wave is most likely based off of the OotP and HBP movies, and neither of those have a bunch of new magical creatures in the movies (well, except for thestrals, but we already got a new thestral in a Fantastic Beasts set). So the only way we’ll see any new animals is if we’re lucky enough to get the DA Patronus lesson scene as a set (which would be awesome). 

New owls maybe, but I would not mind any new set with the excellent thestral mould :shrug_oh_well: I think the chance is good in the CMF, but those leaks probably come later :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think the chance is good in the CMF, but those leaks probably come later :wink:

I mean, the DC characters were leaking back in October - so depending on where those leaks were coming from and how successful Lego might’ve been in plugging them up, we might want to start keeping an eye out starting as early as right after Series 20 comes out. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eagerly await any new information regarding the upcoming sets.  Looking over the previous Wizarding World set waves, there is some stuff to note.

2018 had 7 regular retail sets (5 HP and 2 FB), 1 D2C set, and a CMF series.

2019 had 7 regular retail sets and an advent calendar.

Based on that, my current prediction is that 2020 will have 7 sets, a CMF series, an advent calendar, and possibly a D2C set.

Also worth noting the price points for the regular retail sets over the past two years:

2018: 75950 - $15, 75951 - $20, 75956 - $40, 75952 - $50, 75953 - $70, 75955 - $80, 75954 - $100

2019: 75945 - $20, 75965 - $20, 75946 - $30, 75957 - $40, 75958 - $50, 75947 - $60, 75948 - $90

I am assuming that there will be no more Fantastic Beasts sets until the next movie is released in 2021, but as someone who generally enjoyed the second movie, I wouldn't mind seeing some FB characters in the CMF series again.  Assuming the same ratio of 16 HP/6 FB characters is kept, my picks would be Young Dumbledore, Nicholas Flamel, Nagini, Leta Lestrange, Theseus Scamander, and Yusef Kama.

The 2019 Advent Calendar was almost entirely based on Year 1, with the statue being from Year 2 and Flitwick being Year 3.  I am hoping that a future calendar will be centered on Year 3 (Hogsmeade themed) or Year 4 (Yule Ball themed)

Whatever LEGO decides to do, if they keep up the same level of quality, I will probably buy all the sets regardless.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The 2019 Advent Calendar was almost entirely based on Year 1, with the statue being from Year 2 and Flitwick being Year 3.  I am hoping that a future calendar will be centered on Year 3 (Hogsmeade themed) or Year 4 (Yule Ball themed)

Whatever LEGO decides to do, if they keep up the same level of quality, I will probably buy all the sets regardless.

I think the Flitwick figure, whilst being the redesign from Prisoner of Azkaban, I think his outfit was meant to be reminiscent of the Yule Ball from Goblet of Fire.

I'm the films the only places in Hogsmeade we see are: The Three Broomsticks (Lego might not want to make a bold associated with alcohol), the Shrieking Shack (not very festive) and Honeydukes which might be the best guess.

In the bonus features for PoA, there's a couple of interactive scenes where you can move about Honeydukes (and Lupin's classroom/office) which displays a lot of the sweetshop. I'd really like to get some printed designs of stuff like: Chocolate Frogs, Fizzing Whizbees, Pepper Imps etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think the Flitwick figure, whilst being the redesign from Prisoner of Azkaban, I think his outfit was meant to be reminiscent of the Yule Ball from Goblet of Fire.

I'm the films the only places in Hogsmeade we see are: The Three Broomsticks (Lego might not want to make a bold associated with alcohol), the Shrieking Shack (not very festive) and Honeydukes which might be the best guess.

In the bonus features for PoA, there's a couple of interactive scenes where you can move about Honeydukes (and Lupin's classroom/office) which displays a lot of the sweetshop. I'd really like to get some printed designs of stuff like: Chocolate Frogs, Fizzing Whizbees, Pepper Imps etc.

The Flitwick figure was actually based on Order of the Phoenix, he wore that outfit in the scene where Umbridge was evaluating teachers. It's at the end of this clip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm the films the only places in Hogsmeade we see are: The Three Broomsticks (Lego might not want to make a bold associated with alcohol), the Shrieking Shack (not very festive) and Honeydukes which might be the best guess.

Actually you’re forgetting the Hog’s Head, which is pretty important in both the 5th and final movies. And given that Lego’s ‘no alcohol’ rule only applies to modern realistic settings, getting a couple of fantasy pubs in a Hogsmeade D2C doesn’t seem entirely unrealistic to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Flitwick figure was actually based on Order of the Phoenix, he wore that outfit in the scene where Umbridge was evaluating teachers. It's at the end of this clip:

 

It also works really well for the In Noctem deleted scene in HBP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Actually you’re forgetting the Hog’s Head, which is pretty important in both the 5th and final movies. And given that Lego’s ‘no alcohol’ rule only applies to modern realistic settings, getting a couple of fantasy pubs in a Hogsmeade D2C doesn’t seem entirely unrealistic to me. 

Like you said, getting the Hog's Head shouldn't be a problem. We've seen alcoholic drinks or at least references to them in plenty lego sets, the Medieval Market Village literally had a barrel of beer (it's not really outright saying it is alcohol but we all know what it's supposed to represent :wink:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like you said, getting the Hog's Head shouldn't be a problem. We've seen alcoholic drinks or at least references to them in plenty lego sets, the Medieval Market Village literally had a barrel of beer (it's not really outright saying it is alcohol but we all know what it's supposed to represent :wink:)

I think it'd be more likely to see the Three Broomsticks rather than the Hog's Head just in terms of what's more visited in the films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think it'd be more likely to see the Three Broomsticks rather than the Hog's Head just in terms of what's more visited in the films.

Not really. I’m the books, yes, the Three Broomsticks appears more often, but in the movies it only appears for short scenes in PoA and HBP - which is about the same as the Hog’s Head appearing in OotP and DH2 (and the Hog’s Head scenes are arguably more iconic, with Aberforth Dumbledore being a better known character than Madam Rosmerta). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Not really. I’m the books, yes, the Three Broomsticks appears more often, but in the movies it only appears for short scenes in PoA and HBP - which is about the same as the Hog’s Head appearing in OotP and DH2 (and the Hog’s Head scenes are arguably more iconic, with Aberforth Dumbledore being a better known character than Madam Rosmerta). 

Hogsmeade overall just isn't that important in the movies. Though I do think lego will do Hogsmeade eventually, they kinda have to as the amount of potential sets isn't as endless as something like Star Wars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was picturing a Hogmeade themed advent calendar focusing more on the outside environment of the village for its backdrop and builds rather than the inside of a particular building, though it could be both like how the interior and exterior of the Hogwarts Castle were represented in the 2019 calendar.  Seeing as most of the individual Hogsmeade locations had rather small roles and aren't very notable on their own (at least in the movies), I could see LEGO doing a Hogsmeade D2C that features several of the locations, (Probably the Hog's Head, The Three Broomsticks, and Honeyduke's; the Shrieking Shack probably warrants getting its own set eventually)

I am especially curious to see what minifigures will make it into this years sets.  The previous two years included a good variety and yet there are still many more that could be made.

2018 featured 62 different minifigures (31 from 7 regular retail sets, 22 from the CMF, 4 from the D2C, 4 from the Bricktober set and 1 from the GWP set)

2019 featured 32 new minfigures (28 from 7 regular retail sets, and 4 from the Advent Calendar, not counting the calendar's Architect statue or the Mcgonagall with the alternate face printing removed)

If another wave of 7 regular retail sets is released this year with a comparable output of new minifigures, that would suggest roughly 30 new minifigures from those, give or take a couple. Adding a CMF series that would presumably have 22 minifigures like the previous one would increase the estimated total to about 52.  Depending on other factors (potential D2C, GWP, books, advent calendar), this year could feature a number of new minifigures comparable to 2018's number.  Considering how many characters/variants from the later movies were passed over by LEGO, that would be the ideal scenario.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We've seen alcoholic drinks or at least references to them in plenty lego sets

And the famed "The Guarded Inn" was all about alcohol - it was not water, that medieval inns sold in goblets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they made a Chamber of Secrets set, would you expect it to connect the the side of the castle like the other sets? Fit under one of the sections of the castle? or be a stand alone set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

And the famed "The Guarded Inn" was all about alcohol - it was not water, that medieval inns sold in goblets...

Plus they did the wine cellar in Barrel Escape from The Hobbit. Plenty of wine barrels, bottles and even the drunk chief elf who has his keys stolen by Bilbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steam235 said:

If they made a Chamber of Secrets set, would you expect it to connect the the side of the castle like the other sets? Fit under one of the sections of the castle? or be a stand alone set?

I think they would do it similar to the ideas of many people here (myself included). On the outside it would look like a random piece of Hogwarts Castle, the inside would be the Chamber alongside the Gate and Myrtle's Bathroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think they would do it similar to the ideas of many people here (myself included). On the outside it would look like a random piece of Hogwarts Castle, the inside would be the Chamber alongside the Gate and Myrtle's Bathroom

Exactly, that’s how I imagine it. The outside is just part of the exterior of the castle, whichever section they want to do. On the inside, there would be two floors (at least). The bottom floor is the Chamber and the upper floor is the bathroom. It would work perfectly. They could even have a classroom or something above the bathroom if they wanted to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steam235 said:

If they made a Chamber of Secrets set, would you expect it to connect the the side of the castle like the other sets? Fit under one of the sections of the castle? or be a stand alone set?

I hope they keep the new style consistent so it would be a castle section which connects to the existing modules.

This is my personal concept as an example, the building is the rear corner of the Astronomy courtyard: 

LEGO Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets (Sketch)

And I put the bathroom entrance into another set (more minifigures!).

LEGO Hogwarts Girl’s Bathroom (Sketch)

 

6 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

2018 featured 62 different minifigures (31 from 7 regular retail sets, 22 from the CMF, 4 from the D2C, 4 from the Bricktober set and 1 from the GWP set)

2019 featured 32 new minfigures (28 from 7 regular retail sets, and 4 from the Advent Calendar

We should expect some repeats of minifigures of course (lots of Harry’s etc) but hopefully there will not be too many. As the theme progresses into the later years for example we will see more secondary villains turn up; Older versions of Draco, Death Eaters, Slytherin students, snatchers etc 

Also an exclusive character print for the advent calendar or a book I have thought of is Slughorn in his stripy pyjamas :D

Edited by Bugbot20082

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Also an exclusive character print for the advent calendar or a book I have thought of is Slughorn in his stripy pyjamas :D

Couch Slughorn would be one of my picks for the CMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I hope they keep the new style consistent so it would be a castle section which connects to the existing modules.

This is my personal concept as an example, the building is the rear corner of the Astronomy courtyard: 

LEGO Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets (Sketch)

And I put the bathroom entrance into another set (more minifigures!).

LEGO Hogwarts Girl’s Bathroom (Sketch)

 

We should expect some repeats of minifigures of course (lots of Harry’s etc) but hopefully there will not be too many. As the theme progresses into the later years for example we will see more secondary villains turn up; Older versions of Draco, Death Eaters, Slytherin students, snatchers etc 

Also an exclusive character print for the advent calendar or a book I have thought of is Slughorn in his stripy pyjamas :D

I must say that's a pretty cool design.  Let's hope we at least get two more sets to connect to the current design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Couch Slughorn would be one of my picks for the CMF

Pajamas Slughorn doesn’t really make my list - we only got four members of Hogwarts staff in series 1, and with Lockhart, Sprout and Madam Pomfrey all more desirable, and more slots likely taken up by non-Hogwarts characters... I personally only expect to see a Slughorn variant in the CMF if they don’t include any Fantastic Beasts characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Pajamas Slughorn doesn’t really make my list - we only got four members of Hogwarts staff in series 1, and with Lockhart, Sprout and Madam Pomfrey all more desirable, and more slots likely taken up by non-Hogwarts characters... I personally only expect to see a Slughorn variant in the CMF if they don’t include any Fantastic Beasts characters. 

Don't forget the CMF's don't just give us new characters but different versions as well. CMF Dumbledore was also just a variant. I agree with Lockhart, Sprout and Pomfrey being more desirable but comparing it to S1 that still leaves 1 teacher. We'll just have to wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting the CMF to go on for a few waves so it makes sense to leave out some of the really desirable characters out from this wave and to the next. As much as I'd love it to just be great characters I think we are gonna get a couple fillers. We will probably get some lesser students, possibly costume variants of teachers, maybe a Ministry of Magic Dolores Umbridge? Or a Hogsmeade McGonagall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.