Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Nope it's quite a similar shape, but with smoother curves all around. A completely reinvented parrot mould would be nice though, perhaps one with wings spread like Hedwig.

Huh, didn’t realise those were two different moulds. The beaks in particular are noticeably different when you directly compare them. The more you know :laugh:

I agree, a completely new mould would be great, same goes for the frog. Both of these moulds are classic, but the moulded eyes don’t really fit with the modern design language any more. I don’t want the frog mould to be retired though as it’s a surprisingly versatile piece, as the designers prove over and over again :thumbup: Usually parts like that don’t coexist with their replacement, so I hope they make an exception here if they actually create a new frog mould in the future

10 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ahaaa, that’s why BL doesn’t have it included in a minifigure, hmm, are there many BAM exclusive pieces?

i was going to get one for Sirius but it’s too light ??‍♂️

I got that piece but funnily enough I don't have a Sirius Black minifigure. I've got a few decent parts out of BAM.

The sweater for Vernon Dursley in the Privet Drive set I got ages ago in a BAM station. It's also where I get some dress pieces, both plain and printed which is half decent for robes in the wizarding world. (think I found a red printed one that was included in one of the expensive Chinese sets)

11 hours ago, Salix said:

Just wanted to be sure, but are you aware that the Patil twins are in this year's advent calendar? Or do you just want make variants wearing the school uniform?

Yeah I am and I think I'll be using the same hairpieces as they use in that set :classic:. However I'm more interested in minifigures in their Hogwarts uniforms than party variants, especially when the Yule Ball female figures don't have legs. It was very helpful seeing the official figures though, and the fact they officially have the same skin tone as Cho Chang makes me feel comfortable with reusing the Cho Chang heads from the Students Accessory packs. 

3 hours ago, droobles said:

I turned the minifigure frame gift with purchase into a kinda 2-D Hogwarts to display mine.

I'm currently working on designing two more elaborate frames to replace this one when I get the new CMFs. For now I will just get another of the same frame, but I also think the new frames from the LEGO Art thene could be a good fit, so I might explore those in the future.

That looks great! I love the textured brick door frame piece you've got at the centre of the display and the fact you've got doubles of the Percival Graves and Moody figures to show their alternate identities! 

5 hours ago, droobles said:

I

This is brilliant! I never liked the minifig display frames until I saw this one. You’ve inspired me to make my own! Thanks so much for sharing.

I noticed that the WB Studio tour in London is opening back up on the 20th of August...is it too much of a stretch that Lego is waiting until around then to release photos of the minifigures like they had them in the studio tour set last time? When exactly are they meant to be made available for purchase?

Edited by GalacticHippo
also potentially having a similar photoshoot for Diagonal Alley?

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So it looks like today's gonna be day 5 of LEGO ignoring the fact the entire CMF has leaked

Didn‘t it take them two weeks back when the same thing happened with Series 11?:laugh_hard: 

That reminds me, unless they reveal it by tomorrow, my model will have been completely wrong :cry_sad: (Of course models are always wrong from an epistemological point of view, but you get my point)

1 minute ago, GalacticHippo said:

When exactly are they meant to be made available for purchase?

September 1st I think, so way too close to the reopening of the Studio Tour :wink: I highly doubt they wanted to wait for that, way too much of a hassle for a couple of promotional images

Edited by Lego-Freak

32 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

I noticed that the WB Studio tour in London is opening back up on the 20th of August...is it too much of a stretch that Lego is waiting until around then to release photos of the minifigures like they had them in the studio tour set last time? When exactly are they meant to be made available for purchase?

If they wanted to take images in the Studio set they would get an exceptional permission as the whole stuff is licensed by WB. Besides, they couldn't take the photos during the opening hours either way because there would be way too much people around ?

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That reminds me, unless they reveal it by tomorrow, my model will have been completely wrong :cry_sad:

Does this happen to you very often? ?

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

If they wanted to take images in the Studio set they would get an exceptional permission as the whole stuff is licensed by WB. Besides, they couldn't take the photos during the opening hours either way because there would be way too much people around 

Exactly. I‘m sure WB would have let them in for a couple of pictures if they wanted to take some. It‘s not like the place has been completely deserted for the last couple of months (and thinking of the Tour stills pains me since I had booked some tickets for May :cry2:). 

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Does this happen to you very often? ?

You mean at work? Not really, because the data I work with usually involve post-dictions rather than ‚proper‘ predictions :snicker:

9 hours ago, droobles said:

I turned the minifigure frame gift with purchase into a kinda 2-D Hogwarts to display mine.

I'm currently working on designing two more elaborate frames to replace this one when I get the new CMFs. For now I will just get another of the same frame, but I also think the new frames from the LEGO Art theme could be a good fit, so I might explore those in the future.

Wow! Really nice.. gives me a good idea on how to create my own also.. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So it looks like today's gonna be day 5 of LEGO ignoring the fact the entire CMF has leaked

Most of them leaked a long time ago, so I guess they do not let it affect their original plan. Only the most hardcore fans have seen them anyway, the casual buyer do not look for leaks 24/7 :tongue:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Most of them leaked a long time ago, so I guess they do not let it affect their original plan. Only the most hardcore fans have seen them anyway, the casual buyer do not look for leaks 24/7 :tongue:

I think you're underestimating how many newsites have picked up this news 

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Oh my god, I'm getting so impatient for DA :hmpf_bad:

Same here, too bad we're most likely still looking at a 1 or 2 week wait before the reveal finally comes around :ugh:

At least there‘s the insane amount of sets from other themes that just came out (or are about to come out if you‘re in the US) to keep us busy :purrr: I‘m pretty sure I won‘t be done with all of them by the time the reveal finally happens :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

At least there‘s the insane amount of sets from other themes that just came out (or are about to come out if you‘re in the US) to keep us busy :purrr: I‘m pretty sure I won‘t be done with all of them by the time the reveal finally happens :grin:

Got all the 2020 Marvel sets I wanted this weekend, finished them in one day so I'm gonna need DA to keep myself busy :tongue: :laugh_hard:

I got all the Star Wars, Super Mario, Marvel, Monkie Kid and Art sets (plus the Grand Piano and the Trolls set), so that should take a while :grin: And a young kitten too to keep me extra busy :laugh: Day 1 and all I managed to assemble was the Monkie King Brickhead :head_back:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Got all the 2020 Marvel sets I wanted this weekend, finished them in one day so I'm gonna need DA to keep myself busy :tongue: :laugh_hard:

I like a lot of the Marvel mini-figs in the new releases, but none of the sets. Now that I write this, I'm not sure I ever liked any of the sets, aside from the Milano, Guardians Ship & Pod thing.

When does the Hedwig set release?

14 minutes ago, Chill said:

When does the Hedwig set release?

If you’re in the US like me, then I believe it’s a B&N exclusive, and they’ve got it slated for a September 1st release. The Lego store will also be selling it of course, but they’re current official release date is also September 1st (although some Lego stores claim that they can put out the sets early if they arrive before then - my local Lego store was pretty solid on the September 1st date when I called to ask though). 

Grabbing Hedwig from someone in LA tomorrow afternoon, pumped to get that early!

Just to keep the DA hype going, if you’re a musician, you may appreciate this analysis of John William’s music as we’re introduced to DA :sweet:

No doubt I will have this one as I’m building

Edited by Modal

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I got all the Star Wars, Super Mario, Marvel, Monkie Kid and Art sets (plus the Grand Piano and the Trolls set), so that should take a while :grin: And a young kitten too to keep me extra busy :laugh: Day 1 and all I managed to assemble was the Monkie King Brickhead :head_back:

I've got a young puppy so she's keeping me busy as well but I still wouldn't say no to a DA reveal as soon as possible :tongue:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

My goodness, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you typically spend on LEGO per year? (Not judging, just genuinely curious!)

7 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

My goodness, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you typically spend on LEGO per year? (Not judging, just genuinely curious!)

I think most people here don't even want to know how much they spend on LEGO on a yearly basis, at least I don't :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think most people here don't even want to know how much they spend on LEGO on a yearly basis, at least I don't :laugh_hard:

i definitely don't, that would just depress me lmao

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just did some quick math and came up with $1000+... that's more than I would've thought.