Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Hi Guys - Out of the topic for DA.. just want to ask.. how do you usually display your CMF for hp? It's quite a lot now since 2018 even more if you have the older series..

In other related but slightly already outdated news, I finally received the Magical Treasury book with the Tom Riddle minifigure from Amazon. :) It only took them 3 weeks to finally send it after having it preordered a couple of weeks in advance of the release date a month ago. :S

I really hope Brickshop will actually start selling the CMF on 7 August, but I kinda doubt it as that's rather soon and still without an announcement from TLG, however that one Romanian shop already has them, so why not Brickshop too? Nonetheless I'll get a notification once they do become available there. It's great that it's only less than a month now until we're finally gonna see Diagon Alley. =D

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

You might actually be right, lego_fans_news_ (the same person who leaked the "Muggles Are Our Friends" poster so not sure if they're 100% legit) says they think it'll be leaked this week.

I wouldn’t trust this person. If anything it is just a calculated guess, As we know it’s getting announced at some point in the next two weeks.

Again, that Muggles Are Our Friends poster sounds like a YA dystopian fanfic :laugh_hard: certainly Harry Potter isn’t that corny

38 minutes ago, Nerks said:

Hi Guys - Out of the topic for DA.. just want to ask.. how do you usually display your CMF for hp? It's quite a lot now since 2018 even more if you have the older series..

I just place them in logical places within my sets, and I keep the display stands in a plastic bag.  For figures like Azkaban Bellatrix, who don’t belong anywhere, I’ll probably just keep them on their stands on a shelf nearby.  

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I just place them in logical places within my sets, and I keep the display stands in a plastic bag.  For figures like Azkaban Bellatrix, who don’t belong anywhere, I’ll probably just keep them on their stands on a shelf nearby.  

Would you recommend somethin likes this?

I'm afraid of using non-lego parts, might cause some issues with the legs..

Can't find somethin from Lego..

IMG_1499.jpg

48 minutes ago, Nerks said:

6 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Yeah I just put my figures wherever they fit in with my other Harry Potter bits. For students and teachers from the CMF especially that's very easy as I'm very fortunate to have quite a considerable Hogwarts built up now. Sometimes I do like to display particular minifigures together as well: I recently built the Viaduct bridge connecting the Great Hall with the sidebuild from the Astronomy Tower and used the bridge to display all my Hogwarts students 

I'm planning a display for the Hogwarts teachers as well at some point so it's always fun to switch the figures around! 

Just now, Nerks said:

Would you recommend somethin likes this?

I'm afraid of using non-lego parts, might cause some issues with the legs..

Can't find somethin from Lego..

IMG_1499.jpg

I mean, sure, whatever you want.  :classic:
I guess I don't actually display them behind glass or anything, I just add them to my Hogwarts setup, but if you just have the figures and not the sets, I think you should display them however it makes you the happiest.  It's definitely interesting to see how others display their LEGO, but at the end of the day, it's up to you.  :classic:

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah I just put my figures wherever they fit in with my other Harry Potter bits. For students and teachers from the CMF especially that's very easy as I'm very fortunate to have quite a considerable Hogwarts built up now. Sometimes I do like to display particular minifigures together as well: I recently built the Viaduct bridge connecting the Great Hall with the sidebuild from the Astronomy Tower and used the bridge to display all my Hogwarts students 

I'm planning a display for the Hogwarts teachers as well at some point so it's always fun to switch the figures around! 

This one is a lot and really nice sets..

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I mean, sure, whatever you want.  :classic:
I guess I don't actually display them behind glass or anything, I just add them to my Hogwarts setup, but if you just have the figures and not the sets, I think you should display them however it makes you the happiest.  It's definitely interesting to see how others display their LEGO, but at the end of the day, it's up to you.  :classic:

I have the sets, just tiring to clean cause of dusts :) So I put the figures behind glass...

11 minutes ago, Nerks said:

This one is a lot and really nice sets..

I have the sets, just tiring to clean cause of dusts :) So I put the figures behind glass...

Thank you! I have got the advantage of collecting Harry Potter since I was a child so I combined the 2010 Hogwarts Castle with the new Astronomy Tower

I've been trying to get more glass display cabinets for the sets I want to display. Unfortunately my Hogwarts towers are so tall I had to put most of my castle on top of the glass instead of inside it!

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thank you! I have got the advantage of collecting Harry Potter since I was a child so I combined the 2010 Hogwarts Castle with the new Astronomy Tower

I've been trying to get more glass display cabinets for the sets I want to display. Unfortunately my Hogwarts towers are so tall I had to put most of my castle on top of the glass instead of inside it!

that's now the problem if it's getting big :laugh:

last week I was able to complete the Hogwarts founder w/o buying the D2C miniscale, thanks to bricklink :grin:

1 hour ago, Nerks said:

I currently have them all lined up in their own little spot on a shelf, but it’s a tight squeeze with the new series coming out I plan on moving some of the ones that ‘fit’ in existing sets to where those sets are displayed (i.e. Draco with the Quidditch set, pajamas Harry by the Great Hall for the Mirror I’d Erised, Sprout and series 1 Neville by the greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower, etc.). I’ve already put the Bricktober pack Madam Hooch in the Quidditch set with the players so it’s just a logical extension. The figs that don’t fit in any sets will stay in the currently designated space (probably along with the remaining bricktober figs spare trio from this year’s advent calendar). 

1 hour ago, Modal said:

I wouldn’t trust this person. If anything it is just a calculated guess, As we know it’s getting announced at some point in the next two weeks.

Again, that Muggles Are Our Friends poster sounds like a YA dystopian fanfic :laugh_hard: certainly Harry Potter isn’t that corny

Yeah, I wouldn’t trust this person if they’re trying to pass off that poster as a real piece. Either they know it’s fake and are trying to pull a slightly better fake leak scam than the last guy, or they saw it and reposted just thinking it had to be a leak and didn’t do any research into the source material to discover it wasn’t even based off official art. Either way, they don’t have access to legitimate information. 

1 hour ago, Nerks said:

My FB figures have gotten a place on my minifigure ''wall'' (a big piece of some kind of wood with 112 1x2 plates glued to it) so any time I'm sitting at my desk I just have to look up a bit and I can see them :grin: The HP figures have all been either added to my Hogwarts or disassembled to make other figures. Having DA will definetely help a lot in finding places for a lot of new figures, I'm planning to put the trio from Series 2, Kingsley and Moody all in DA alongside everything else I throw at it :tongue:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

My FB figures have gotten a place on my minifigure ''wall'' (a big piece of some kind of wood with 112 1x2 plates glued to it) so any time I'm sitting at my desk I just have to look up a bit and I can see them :grin: The HP figures have all been either added to my Hogwarts or disassembled to make other figures. Having DA will definetely help a lot in finding places for a lot of new figures, I'm planning to put the trio from Series 2, Kingsley and Moody all in DA alongside everything else I throw at it :tongue:

This one is a lot and very nice display configuration :excited:

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Apparently Dumbledore’s wand is printed! We are getting the Elder Wand!

What's the source? Luckylegostore's photo of Dumbledore also had his wand and that clearly wasn't printed 

Back from the fishing trip :shark:

Unfortunately no reveal on Friday, but a pretty big leak and a lot of pages as a result *oh2*

The HP CMF 2 is decent in my mind, however there is one thing that is clear when I see the line up; there is very few figs that we did not already have or that most likely will be in future sets. Most of the figs we where hoping for and expecting where nowhere to be seen. So they will most likely be saved for future sets, I think it is even clearer that this theme is not going anytime soon. Unlike with the LOTR/hobbit sets were they seemed to cram every fan favourite into sets before the themes was cancelled, here they save the figs for as long as they can.

My other comment is of course about the lack of animals in this series :sadnew: I am starting to get worried that those in the CMF team that was most fond of animals have quit or similar. The number of animals in CMF has increased gradually the last years with a peak in HP 1 and series 19. Then suddenly a huge drop down to only one in both series 20 and HP 2 :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What's the source? Luckylegostore's photo of Dumbledore also had his wand and that clearly wasn't printed 

Just deleted the post - sorry for the excitement. It was posted by some LEGO / gaming blogger under the #legoleaks on Instagram but the guy isn’t credible. It was just a blurry photo.

Just now, Roebuck said:

Unlike with the LOTR/hobbit sets were they seemed to cram every fan favourite into sets before the themes was cancelled, here they save the figs for as long as they can.

*sad Eowyn noise*

50 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t trust this person if they’re trying to pass off that poster as a real piece. Either they know it’s fake and are trying to pull a slightly better fake leak scam than the last guy, or they saw it and reposted just thinking it had to be a leak and didn’t do any research into the source material to discover it wasn’t even based off official art. Either way, they don’t have access to legitimate information.  

Fair, I only figured it was worth bringing up because I thought they actually leaked the Star Wars figures from Mos Eisley Cantina and implied that they had a source.

Edited by YetiZombie

4 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

You might actually be right, lego_fans_news_ (the same person who leaked the "Muggles Are Our Friends" poster so not sure if they're 100% legit) says they think it'll be leaked this week.

The poster post (lol) isn't up on his IG any more. So I wouldn't consider that to be very trustworthy. 

Haven’t had a great week so far, wish this would get announced sooner rather than later. Need something to be excited about :/

19 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

The poster post (lol) isn't up on his IG any more. So I wouldn't consider that to be very trustworthy. 

Seems like someone's backtracking *sigh*

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

Haven’t had a great week so far, wish this would get announced sooner rather than later. Need something to be excited about :/

Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean though. :sadnew:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

My other comment is of course about the lack of animals in this series :sadnew: I am starting to get worried that those in the CMF team that was most fond of animals have quit or similar. The number of animals in CMF has increased gradually the last years with a peak in HP 1 and series 19. Then suddenly a huge drop down to only one in both series 20 and HP 2 :facepalm:

I completely agree! I got all the animals from Series 19 and thought there were some obvious opportunities for figures in this CMF such as Fang, Ron's dog patronus, Ginny's pygmypuff (this is the biggest missed animal opportunity in my opinion), a new printed frog for Trevor, Sirius's dog form as padfoot, Werewolf Lupin, more owls, or a Cornish Pixie. I know that's a big list (and many aren't useful for real-life animals) but that could have made some blander figure choices much more agreeable. Definitely a marked difference to Harry Potter Season 1. 

4 hours ago, Legopls said:

I was just now comparing the CMF series 2 Luna with her movie counterpart and I noticed in the movie she has plain purple pants. That got me wondering, wouldn’t it be a good idea to switch Luna’s legs with Lavender’s legs?

I will definitely replace her legs. I don't like bright pink and it should be purple anyway. Great minifig nonetheless.

30 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I completely agree! I got all the animals from Series 19 and thought there were some obvious opportunities for figures in this CMF such as Fang, Ron's dog patronus, Ginny's pygmypuff (this is the biggest missed animal opportunity in my opinion), a new printed frog for Trevor, Sirius's dog form as padfoot, Werewolf Lupin, more owls, or a Cornish Pixie. I know that's a big list (and many aren't useful for real-life animals) but that could have made some blander figure choices much more agreeable. Definitely a marked difference to Harry Potter Season 1. 

We can only keep our fingers crossed for series 3 (and since this theme definitely has enough mileage to go another two years at least, I’m pretty optimistic about that). Werewolf Lupin with Padfoot would definitely be an ideal bag for me, and I hope we get Trevor as well eventually - after all, they’ve remade the owl, spider, and rat molds, the frog/toad mold is due for an update too.