Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Fred and George are necessary inclusions for this cmf 

That makes it sound a lot like there will be no WWW and possibly no Fred and George in DA.

29 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

disgraced fake-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named

Aha makes sense, thanks! Id love to know who the leaker was so I know not to listen to what they say. 

But these version wouldn't work for the WWW anyway. They look like hobos

So, I'd say that has nothing to do with it

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I take this as a confirmation: our prediction that Weasley Wizarding Wheezes will NOT be included in the D2C Diagon Alley was correct. 

Unpopular opinion, but I never wanted WWW to be in this set, nor did I think it would make sense. I’d much rather have a more detailed and accurate Diagon Alley from years 1-3 than one that tries to squeeze in all the fan favorites. Give me the Leaky Cauldron over WWW any day!

I do still think we will get WWW as a stand-alone set, though.

Dude I agree 100%. Didn’t want to get shit but WWW doesn’t have the feeling of DA that makes me love it so much. The purple and orange is honestly ugly, and having Leaky Cauldron with the brick entrance to DA would be AMAZING

32 minutes ago, Modal said:

Dude I agree 100%. Didn’t want to get shit but WWW doesn’t have the feeling of DA that makes me love it so much. The purple and orange is honestly ugly, and having Leaky Cauldron with the brick entrance to DA would be AMAZING

Honey, you’ve got a big storm comin’ 

27 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

Aha makes sense, thanks! Id love to know who the leaker was so I know not to listen to what they say. 

It’s ‘kingnono’ but he just (not surprisingly) deleted his account (for the second time) so I doubt you’ll ever have to worry about seeing him (using the same name). 

On the subject of whether or not WWW will be in DA, it’s honestly probably the only shop where’d I’d truly be happy one way or the other. I really want to get it so I’d be thrilled if it showed up in the D2C, but I know it has the power to sell as a stand-alone set (not to mention in a good location on the street to do an add on later) and with the last Harry Potter D2C light on the new molds a regular set might actually give the designers a better chance to go all out on it. 

12 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Honey, you’ve got a big storm comin’ 

*Grabs Hagrid’s umbrella*

I’d honestly just take the blow if WWW isn’t in DA, as long as it eventually shows up as its own set, which I could really see them doing, but it’s not like they’d announce that separate set coming in the future at the same time they announce DA, so if it’s not in DA, I just have to be hopeful for a while, until they either make it, or the line ends

Edited by Holden Brickfield

I dunno ... I like Fred and George the twins. I'm glad LEGO put much more effort into these twins than Huey, Dewey and Louie - same mould top to toe, different colour only. 

No11, issit Fred or George I have no idea, is probably the one I'd buy. Love the attire and absolutely adore his face - playful and fun. But the hat though, looks kinda weird to me. I hope I'd change my mind when hi-res photos give me more visuals. Dual-molded hat+hair pieces are always awesome to have.

I think I need to elaborate more those costumes for Fred and George are necessary inclusions for this cmf. If they were in regular outfits I would say worry about them being in Diagon Alley. LEGO loves doing obscure versions of characters in cmf. Hopefully that clears things up

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think I need to elaborate more those costumes for Fred and George are necessary inclusions for this cmf. If they were in regular outfits I would say worry about them being in Diagon Alley. LEGO loves doing obscure versions of characters in cmf. Hopefully that clears things up

It cracks me up that you can't make any comment without people thinking there is something more to it! Rofl.

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

It cracks me up that you can't make any comment without people thinking there is something more to it! Rofl.

To be fair, @Falconfan1414 identifies as a leaker. If he makes an authoritative comment - like a character’s inclusion in the CMF is “necessary” - it’s natural for us to think there is something more to it! Of course, we’re always appreciative of any info he shares here. Even if I am a bit confused by the “necessary” comment and even further befuddled by the additional explanation...:def_shrug:

I think @Falconfan1414 is saying is that a more perfect representation of Fred and George in the CMF would detract from the likelihood of getting one in the Diagon Alley set.  But since the Fred and George versions are obscure for CMF, then that points to getting a more traditional take on the dynamic duo in the Diagon Alley.

Would I be the only one to find it quite strange to have Harry as his 11 year old self with an older Weasley family with a store that isn’t made until years later? I feel you need to choose one or the other but not both 

Finally, we have another ghost! . . I’m the only one who thinks Moaning Myrtle is the most exciting inclusion, huh?

Still, James and Lily? Whoa. Unexpected and awesome. And aww, baby Harry!

Other than them, the only real standouts IMO are Dumbledore and Kingsley (who looks awesome and I want to get a bunch of him to army build Ministry workers wearing that exact outfit). Griphook is a cool addition, especially with the Sword of Gryffindor (even though I do feel like Harry should have it).

As for Fred and George . . 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:
They look like hobos

Yep, pretty much covers it. I’ll hold out for a more accurate version of the Twins . . though I could see reinterpreting one of them as Bill or Charlie. 

1 hour ago, BigHobbit said:

I think @Falconfan1414 is saying is that a more perfect representation of Fred and George in the CMF would detract from the likelihood of getting one in the Diagon Alley set.  But since the Fred and George versions are obscure for CMF, then that points to getting a more traditional take on the dynamic duo in the Diagon Alley.

I think I understood the same thing as you. Having super specific/weird twin variants like the ones we just saw in the CMF, means we will likely get blander more regular ones in Diagon Alley (such as Ginny and Bellatrix in the burrow) 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

On the subject of whether or not WWW will be in DA, it’s honestly probably the only shop where’d I’d truly be happy one way or the other. I really want to get it so I’d be thrilled if it showed up in the D2C, but I know it has the power to sell as a stand-alone set (not to mention in a good location on the street to do an add on later) and with the last Harry Potter D2C light on the new molds a regular set might actually give the designers a better chance to go all out on it. 

I want WWW regardless if it’s in the D2C or as a standalone set, but I honestly don’t see why it wouldn’t come in the D2C. 

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why is this series so amazing :wub:

All the minifigures are fantastic. I have a nice retailer near me that checks the content or the bags (without opening them), so I will get the minifigures that I need from there. I will skip Luna, Kingsley, Moaning Myrtle and Pomona Sprout, and MAYBE Griphook (I really want that Gryffindor Sword tho).

What?! Skip Kingsley & Sprout? Kingsley is an important side character as part of the Order. Sprout is the last remaining Head that we needed. 

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone else think Fred and George’s faces look kind of stupid?

Not here. I think they’re fantastic. I love a good departure from a more normal minifig head(eyes open & smiley/sad/other). 

3 hours ago, DarkLordSauron said:

I guess I'm in the minority who really likes the twins' design? I think they're very good figures. I'd start by saying a lot of CMF series have characters that come in pairs or sets, like in Disney, or the Harry/Ron/Hermione combos, so I much prefer this to having just one CMF playing both roles. Personally I really like the design, I'm not always on the dual molded hype train, but in this case I think the dual molded legs work really well, the unique prints that go together but are still distinct is nice, even on their hats. They look good imo

I’m with you. I love how they’re the same, but different. Just as they are in the movies. 

I still fail fail to understand why people continue & continue to go out of their way to bring up NoNo...what purpose does it have? All is being done is knocking the guy. Let it go...geez. 

1 hour ago, Modal said:

Would I be the only one to find it quite strange to have Harry as his 11 year old self with an older Weasley family with a store that isn’t made until years later? I feel you need to choose one or the other but not both 

Personally I think it would be very limiting for the designers to only take elements of Diagon Alley which are only seen in 1/2 films when the alley appears in five! Personally I expect the set to be mostly focused on stuff from Philosopher's Stone - Prisoner of Azkaban with a lot of book references, and then the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes to be the only inclusion from the later films. Saying that though, Borgin and Burkes could have the sneaking up to the roof element from Half-Blood Prince and I wouldn't be really surprised if there's two versions of the trio included like in the Death Star so you can recreate older and younger scenes. 

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. The more I look at them, the more I hate them. They look like Timmy and Jimmy from South Park. Absolutely horrible. What a waste of two slots...

I get the business logic behind it though. You need to have a few bleh minifigs in the mix to ensure kids by more blind bags if they get them and they’re not the ones they wanted.

Overall, I’m happy with the series as a whole. Can’t wait to see the selection of minifigs that come with Diagon Alley!

If you look at the back of the minifigure checklist sheet where the instructions for constructing the minifigures are there's a picture of one of the twins with a normal smile so they definitely have a normal face option too. Personally I really like their outfits, they're very useful for christmas scenes from the third, fourth or fifth films 

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm still committing the cardinal sin of optimism and hoping for a Diagon Alley leak and/or reveal early next week.  :blush: :grin:

How many times do we have to teach you the same lesson, old man? :head_back:

25 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Not here. I think they’re fantastic. I love a good departure from a more normal minifig head(eyes open & smiley/sad/other). 

Agreed, I really like these two figures, I’d rather they have goofy expression instead of the generic ones they got in 2011. They even had to share the same head back then!

28 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I still fail fail to understand why people continue & continue to go out of their way to bring up NoNo...what purpose does it have? All is being done is knocking the guy. Let it go...geez. 

He deserves it :tongue: After months of deceiving us, it feels oh so gratifying to stomp him into the ground :head_back:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:
1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

He deserves it :tongue: After months of deceiving us, it feels oh so gratifying to stomp him into the ground :head_back:

There was also the low chance that their story added up with them posting fake leaks whenever they didn’t use the hashtag (re what they said about the advent calendar being wrong)... so there was still an element of inncocent until proven guilty, even though it was a garbage thing to do. So this is the final final nail in the coffin for them.

I also apologise for bringing them up the other week (here I am doing it again, but only because they’ve already been mentioned). I didn’t trust him at all anymore but still felt there was potential for a shred of credibility so I wasn’t willing to completely disregard what they’d said yet.

I bet if they made a new account again they’d still have people on IG believing him and asking questions though, just like the most recent one...

Edited by sammy_zammy

Between Kingsley, Lily and James in the CMF2, and Tonks, Molly and Arthur in the Burrow, this wave is really filling out the Order of the Phoenix members. We also have Dumbledore, Sirius, Remus, Snape, McGonagall, Hagrid and Moody from previous waves. Who are we still missing, from the Order?

- Mundungus Fletcher

- Bill Weasley

- Aberforth Dumbledore

- Dedalus Diggle

- Emmeline Vance

- Hestia Jones

- Sirius in non-Azkaban robes.

- Elphias Doge

I think that covers it? There's also a number of characters who died in the first war, but those are known only by name so I'm not sure Lego would ever do them.

On the other side, we've got Voldemort, Wormtail, Barty Crouch Jr, Bellatrix, Fenrir Greyback, and Macnair. The main ones we're missing there are:

- Lucius Malfoy

- Narcissa Malfoy

- Yaxley

There are of course many more Death Eaters but little is known about the others.

What I wish we would get, however, are Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff students, both male and female, with their robes depicted in a similar level of detail to CMF1 Harry, Ron and Hermione. At the moment, the Lego Hogwarts student population is very Gryffindor-focused, and of the other Houses, the figures we have tend to be more basic e.g. just a tie and jumper.

Edit:

In terms of buying strategies, I'll probably order 10 or so blind bags and see what I get - I enjoy the experience of opening them without knowing what you'll get - and then fill out the gaps with more targeted purchases. 

Edited by Taure

Some pictures have finally turned up on Instagram where you can actually see some of the finer details on the figs. Like, I can finally see James glasses *oh2*  Some things I’ve noticed with a better look - Lily seems to have more leg printing than I originally thought, but it’s really hard to see because it’s black on dark blue, definitely waiting to see the proper high res pics before passing judgement on this one. - The more I can actually see of the twins’ prints the more satisfied I am with how they were done, they’re just really fun little characters. - Kingsley also seems to have a decent amount of leg printing visible behind his cloth pieces, which is excellent. 
A much better picture of the box display has also surfaced, and it shows the alternate faces on several characters. Based off the box art and checklist: Kingsley clearly has no alternate face, Griphook, Lily, Ginny, and Neville are unknown, and everyone else definitely has two face options. Even if those four unknowns are all single sided heads, that’s still pretty great for a CMF.