Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So many LEGO leaks on Instagram right now. The Mandalorian’s Razor Crest w Baby Yoda, new Minions sets, new Friends sets, CMF Series 20... Hopefully, it’s only a matter of days (or hours) before we start getting some Harry Potter leaks!

Don't hold your breath - everything turning up now is due out fairly soon and/or official reveals tied to New York Toy Fair.

Some people really need to lower their expectations as to when news or leaks will drop. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't hear/see anything new untill late march - early april if previous years are anything to go by...

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Some people really need to lower their expectations as to when news or leaks will drop. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't hear/see anything new untill late march - early april if previous years are anything to go by...

I would expect factory leaks anytime. Last year they started mid-February

Also, the information we’ve gotten for this wave came from toy fair second hand so I would hold out hope that we might get some drips of info from this toy fair. There won’t be anything official though

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Also, the information we’ve gotten for this wave came from toy fair second hand so I would hold out hope that we might get some drips of info from this toy fair. There won’t be anything official though

Reportedly there are once again sets being shown that no one is allowed to talk about, if HP is present it'll most likely once again sit under this category

I’ve just looked back at my camera roll and the first factory leak last year was Fleurs dress torso piece and that was February 22nd so they could start any time now 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

As I read, they are just testing in that store, how the customers react to it. If someone takes a box, they‘ll do an interview with them, but you can‘t really purchase them. It’s kind of a marketing test and if the customer’s reactions are positive they might release these LED-kits. So for now, it’s not a leak - just an interesting move from LEGO. I like them though :)

At stonewars they are already starting with the news

from the NYTF.

But for the moment nothing about HP.

5 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

At stonewars they are already starting with the news

from the NYTF.

But for the moment nothing about HP.

Zussamengebaut has already covered everything revealed at NYTF, nothing for Harry Potter (as expected)

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Zussamengebaut has already covered everything revealed at NYTF, nothing for Harry Potter (as expected)

So we have to wait...:hmpf_bad:

9 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light' ... Now where's the light switch for that top secret back room with all the HP Lego. ?

10 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Well, lots of people here did say repeatedly to keep expectations for the TF's down. It's just a matter of waiting now

Honestly we're already lucky to have descriptions

51G0TbSt7aL._SX354_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Has anyone mentioned this upcoming book before and I've missed it?

Looks like it could be a preview of a new hairpiece for older Harry. Definitely looks like it would suit his appearance in the last few films.

38 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Has anyone mentioned this upcoming book before and I've missed it?

Looks like it could be a preview of a new hairpiece for older Harry. Definitely looks like it would suit his appearance in the last few films.

Yup, it has been mentioned before but it's nothing special. We also saw LEGO GoF figures in artwork in 2018 that ended up looking completely different than their real-life counterparts so I wouldn't bet on this being the new 5/6 design

Did I imagine it or was there discussion of a new owl mould this year with spread wings or was it just the brick built owl coming out this year that has the wings spread. Its on my wish list anyway, and a gold owl so i can make Dumbledore's owl pedestal properly. 

3 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Did I imagine it or was there discussion of a new owl mould this year with spread wings or was it just the brick built owl coming out this year that has the wings spread. Its on my wish list anyway, and a gold owl so i can make Dumbledore's owl pedestal properly. 

There was, but then the person who mentioned it (sorry I can't remember who) said that the 'owl with spread wings' could well be the brick built owl and they had just thought the person speaking about the new HP Lego meant a new small owl mould. So there is a bit of confusion, but I'd bet the owl was probably the brick built one and there is not a new owl mould coming.

Been trying to complete my older Harry Potter set collection whilst we wait patiently for news on the upcoming sets. One thing that's proving a complete nightmare is making sure the 2001-2003 sets all have the correct colours. The amount of second hand sellers listing as "complete", yet a big chuck of the older Light Grey, Dark grey and Brown pieces have, in actual fact, been swapped for their more modern counterparts. This makes buying these older sets quite troublesome.

The other thing is a lot of these sets seem to have yellowing to the grey pieces as well. I've seen the method using Hydrogen Peroxide and leaving it in the sun to remove the yellow. Unfortunately this time of year in the UK the sun is rarely seen. Has anyone tried using a UV lamp instead. I'm thinking that might be a good alternative.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

There was, but then the person who mentioned it (sorry I can't remember who) said that the 'owl with spread wings' could well be the brick built owl and they had just thought the person speaking about the new HP Lego meant a new small owl mould. So there is a bit of confusion, but I'd bet the owl was probably the brick built one and there is not a new owl mould coming.

It was me. The guy who first leaked the privet drive set wrote under that post „there is also a new Hedwig with spread wings“ and I thought he meant in the privet drive set, but when we later got the information about the brick built Hedwig I reconsider he meant that instead of a small mould in the privet drive set.

2 hours ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

It was me. The guy who first leaked the privet drive set wrote under that post „there is also a new Hedwig with spread wings“ and I thought he meant in the privet drive set, but when we later got the information about the brick built Hedwig I reconsider he meant that instead of a small mould in the privet drive set.

That was it yes. :classic:

3 hours ago, jmckrew said:

Been trying to complete my older Harry Potter set collection whilst we wait patiently for news on the upcoming sets. One thing that's proving a complete nightmare is making sure the 2001-2003 sets all have the correct colours. The amount of second hand sellers listing as "complete", yet a big chuck of the older Light Grey, Dark grey and Brown pieces have, in actual fact, been swapped for their more modern counterparts. This makes buying these older sets quite troublesome.

The other thing is a lot of these sets seem to have yellowing to the grey pieces as well. I've seen the method using Hydrogen Peroxide and leaving it in the sun to remove the yellow. Unfortunately this time of year in the UK the sun is rarely seen. Has anyone tried using a UV lamp instead. I'm thinking that might be a good alternative.

You buying on bricklink or other avenues like eBay? That would be a big goof for a bl seller, though old grey can be tough to tell apart on certain pieces.

regarding a UV lamp, I do know the guy who runs jang bricks does this, tho he was unwilling to say what he uses other than that they’re very expensive lamps.  It’s the method I would look into if I was restoring parts on a large scale, you may want to just wait for sun.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

You buying on bricklink or other avenues like eBay? That would be a big goof for a bl seller, though old grey can be tough to tell apart on certain pieces.

regarding a UV lamp, I do know the guy who runs jang bricks does this, tho he was unwilling to say what he uses other than that they’re very expensive lamps.  It’s the method I would look into if I was restoring parts on a large scale, you may want to just wait for sun.

Mostly ebay, although I've had problems recently trying to get old brown and receiving the newer reddish brown on Bricklink. I wish I could wait for the sun, but I could be waiting months for a decent clear day here. I think the last sunny day we had was in September! lol

5 hours ago, jmckrew said:

Wait, I thought the sunlight is what discolors the pieces in the first place. My Republic Gunship from 2013 got discolored pretty badly and if there’s a way to reverse that I’d love to try it 

Does anyone else hope we get a remake of the game? Would love to see all the new designs of the characters plus a massive Hogwarts to explore and hear dialogue from the films

Edited by 10or

27 minutes ago, 10or said:

Does anyone else hope we get a remake of the game? Would love to see all the new designs of the characters plus a massive Hogwarts to explore and hear dialogue from the films

Seconded

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wait, I thought the sunlight is what discolors the pieces in the first place. My Republic Gunship from 2013 got discolored pretty badly and if there’s a way to reverse that I’d love to try it 

If you search for "restore lego" on youtube there's lots of video's showing the Hydrogen Peroxide technique, seems to work best on white and grey pieces, but should work on other colours as well.