Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Otherworld said:

Of which ones? Griphook I imagine?

At least Griphook, Harry, Neville, Kingsley, James, Lilly, Ginny, Sprout and Dumbledore.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

At least Griphook, Harry, Neville, Kingsley, James, Lilly, Ginny, Sprout and Dumbledore.

Do you have any particularly good ideas you would use the duplicates for? Wondering if you have any good ideas i might borrow? :-D

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

All I know is, Lego has left it so long to officially announce the CMF that they have self-sabotaged their own reveal.

I agree, but that’s pretty much the story of every official Lego reveal.   :grin:

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I agree, but that’s pretty much the story of every official Lego reveal.   :grin:

Now if they had just done something yesterday (even a teaser) like we were hoping then 1) they wouldn't look so stupid, and 2) you would have been saved. :facepalm:

I’m extremely disappointed that there’s no Rita or Pomfrey, since they would work best with a CMF budget. I love the inclusion of Lily and James, but Fred and George kind of feel like wasted space to me. The new hats are nice, but I didn’t even remember those outfits and just think they’re an odd choice. But what is up with LEGO and twins in second licensed series? Marge’s sisters in the Simpsons, the Wonder Twins for TLBM, the duck triplets for Disney, and now Fred and George. It feels like them trying to fill space in some earlier series but here there were other figures I would’ve rather seen, like Pomfrey whose headpiece will probably only be made in a CMF. On the other hand, it’s a good and inexpensive way to get Fred and George. Ginny is great and Ron and Hermione were to be expected. 

Woohoo! Amazing, I had never expected to get Lily and James as a minifigure. Plus finally an opportunity to get the Weasley twins cheaply! I've got a friend who loves the twins, so now I can just give them to her. Still hoping they'll be in DA though. Also it's nice to get another Ginny, just the second one since the reboot. Would it have been nice to get Pomfrey and Rita too? Yes, but they need to leave something for a series 3. :P And based on what I've seen I'm pretty sure HP will be around for a little while longer so a series 3 is definitely possible.

Edited by Salix

13 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

All I keep thinking is can someone in Romania please pop into this store and take a decent damn picture! Rofl. I can take better photos out of a car window going over 100kmpm whilst driving! :-D

I assume the guy at least bought 1 bag.

I mean, he clearly knew it as something worth of a picture, so the guy must be an AOFL

I'd expect a leaflet picture latter today

1 minute ago, Salix said:

And based on what I've seen I'm pretty sure HP will be around for a little while longer so a series 3 is definitely possible.

So far, no licensed CMF has made it past series 2, so I‘m excited to see where HP is headed. Let‘s hope S2 will sell well enough 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m extremely disappointed that there’s no Rita or Pomfrey, since they would work best with a CMF budget. I love the inclusion of Lily and James, but Fred and George kind of feel like wasted space to me. The new hats are nice, but I didn’t even remember those outfits and just think they’re an odd choice. But what is up with LEGO and twins in second licensed series? Marge’s sisters in the Simpsons, the Wonder Twins for TLBM, the duck triplets for Disney, and now Fred and George. It feels like them trying to fill space 

Agree. They just don't get it

Not only they include the main characters all over again, but also "duplicates" within the series 

As for now we are 4/4 of the first series being superior than the second one

5 minutes ago, Salix said:

Woohoo! Amazing, I had never expected to get Lily and James as a minifigure. Plus finally an opportunity to get the Weasley twins cheaply! I've got a friend who loves the twins, so now I can just give them to her. Still hoping they'll be in DA though. Also it's nice to get another Ginny, just the second one since the reboot. Would it have been nice to get Pomfrey and Rita too? Yes, but they need to leave something for a series 3. :P And based on what I've seen I'm pretty sure HP will be around for a little while longer so a series 3 is definitely possible.

Seen a few mentions about saving people for series 3, and all I can think about is how excruciating it has been waiting for this reveal and can't bear the thought of a 2-3 year wait for some of these characters we got our hopes up for! :-/

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

So far, no licensed CMF has made it past series 2, so I‘m excited to see where HP is headed. Let‘s hope S2 will sell well enough 

I hadn't realised that. But that also doesn't prove there can't be a series 3 of a licensed CMF. Disney only just had a series 2 last year, so a series 3 is still possible for them. They somehow still come up with more regular series (upto 20 now), so I don't see how a licensed CMF can't do the same.

Edited by Salix

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

Would it have been nice to get Pomfrey and Rita too? Yes, but they need to leave something for a series 3.

And GoF Tonks XD series 3 in 2022 I guess! (if it happens) Did Rita ever go to Diagon Alley in the books (or movies?) I’m just making my way into the third book.

Now that I think about it, I may have to get duplicates of some of these just to swap reused heads from the sets. Excited to see what Hermione and Ron’s will look like. And I could use Lily and James’ pieces to probably improve some existing figures or create new ones. I have no use for them whatsoever.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like no official reveal today...

Well, I’ll be damned...

maybe they really wanted to avoid the association with JK Rowling’s birthday?  The Lego Group works in mysterious ways.  

Just now, Otherworld said:

And GoF Tonks XD series 3 in 2022 I guess! (if it happens)

Of course, how can I forget GoF Tonks... Would've loved to get her in this series. Oh well, I hope she'll show up in a set or the next CMF.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

maybe they really wanted to avoid the association with JK Rowling’s birthday? 

Huh?

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

And I could use Lily and James’ pieces to probably improve some existing figures or create new ones. I have no use for them whatsoever.

Hahaha. I think I'm most excited for James and Lily, tbh. James in particular (we'll now finally have all four Marauders!).

Just now, klinton said:

Hahaha. I think I'm most excited for James and Lily, tbh. James in particular (we'll now finally have all four Marauders!).

Indeed, that's what I thought as well. :)

I'd rather we got Cat Hermione from CoS than another casual one, but I do wonder how different her, Ron's and Harry's heads will be compared to the sets. 

Fred and George seem like a waste of spots - I know I would've loved Rita Skeeter especially since I can't think of any other sets she'd be in. OOTP Sirius and Tonks were also on my list of hopes; especially Tonks with an alternate duck or pig face.

Also it might just be the quality but Ron looked like he was wearing his Quidditch outfit.

New and not reused heads for Ginny and Bellatrix are great! (the set Bellatrix head doesn't even fit the fig it was first used on (GOTG Mantis))

Edited by dyl-and

Just now, Salix said:

Of course, how can I forget GoF Tonks... Would've loved to get her in this series. Oh well, I hope she'll show up in a set or the next CMF.

Since next year won’t have HP CMFs or D2C perhaps they can pour more love into the minifigs in the sets. We’ve had some very neat minifigures with new molds in licensed sets (Speaking generally)

Perhaps we’ve gotten used to seeing rather bland/reused figures in sets lately but nothing is set in stone. All in all we got some nice full body prints and dual molded legs in this year’s wave. So for example, I don’t see how a Rita with full body printing and dual molded legs coming in a future lake task/durmstrang ship set would be toooo far fetched. About the inclusion of her in a set like that? I mean look at Ron in the attack of the burrow set... he wasn’t even present during the scene. Same goes for Pomfrey in a future CoS and so on. 

TLDR; LEGO has proven throughout history that we don’t have to wait for a CMF to get detailed figures or “more obscure” characters. 

47 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Do you have any particularly good ideas you would use the duplicates for? Wondering if you have any good ideas i might borrow? :-D

Griphook just has a fantastic torso and a usefull headpiece for creating more goblins. Harry has nice legs and that fantastic Advanced Potion Making book I'll be using in my potions classroom. Neville will be used to set up a Care of Magical Creatures class and make more Gryffindors. Kingsley, James, Lilly, Ginny, Sprout and Dumbledore just have good pieces to get multiples of. 

3 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

Also it might just be the quality but Ron looked like he was wearing his Quidditch outfit.

Even if I squint my eyes I can't see how anyone could see a Quidditch outfit in that :def_shrug:

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this already but, to those disappointed about Rita Skeeter not being in the CMF, there's still a small chance she'll show up in DA if they include the Daily Prophet office (or at least a booth).

Edited by YetiZombie