Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, chris6507 said:

Still can't believe what boring choices for CMF figures! :-/ I would have ranked these some of the worst even if they came in sets (personal opinion). :-/

At least they're still usefull prints to use outside of this theme :shrug_oh_well: And we also don't know what their accessories are and wether or not their legs are printed (Harry's figure for example has belt and shoe printing we didn't know about)

Just now, RogueTwo said:

So 10 Eastern Time is usually when they reveal things?  Or do you just mean that they won't want to be overshadowed by the leak?

Things are usually revealed between 9-10 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Things are usually revealed between 9-10 

Thanks.  :classic:

Am I the only one that's actually happy we're not getting random variants and (or) minor character, but actually main characters in their normal outfits?

I know it is disappointing for people who end up getting all the sets, but for a person who buys 2-3 Harry Potter sets a wave (well, a year) it's a great option to get characters like Ginny, Neville, Fred, George, Dumbledore, or even the main trio in their regular clothes.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one that's actually happy we're not getting random variants and (or) minor character, but actually main characters in their normal outfits?

I know it is disappointing for people who end up getting all the sets, but for a person who buys 2-3 Harry Potter sets a wave (well, a year) it's a great option to get characters like Ginny, Neville, Fred, George, Dumbledore, or even the main trio in their regular clothes.

I mean, I didn't think about it like that, but that's a completely valid and valuable perspective, thank you.  :blush:

Is it me or does Ginny have a new face? I never liked the expression that came in The Burrow, thought it really didn’t fit her and was a bit sarcastic or sinister looking, but this looks a lot better.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm quite happy as well. Agreed, the variants for Ron, Hermione and Ginny aren't the most exciting but I'm hoping we're at least getting some new face prints. Especially for Ginny, her face print in the Burrow is incredibly inaccurate in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am not disappointed. There are now at least enough interesting characters left for another CMF :wink:

Just now, RODDY said:

Is it me or does Ginny have a new face? I never liked the expression that came in The Burrow, thought it really didn’t fit her and was a bit sarcastic or sinister looking, but this looks a lot better.

Its definitely gonna be a new face since the set just reused Claire from Jurassic World 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Don‘t hold your breath, you‘re gonna need it later

[pitchfork]

You're so mean!  :roflmao:
I'm joking, obviously, but come on, my only crime is optimism!  :tongue:

Which figures are you guys planning on looking for? I personally want Griphook the most. I might get moaning myrtle and dumbledore as well (don't have a modern dumbledore yet). If there aren't older versions of the trio in Diagon alley, I will get them from the CMF. (I don't have any of the modern harry potter stuff aside from a few CMF figures from a few years ago). 

I expected at least another Hogwarts teacher, but I guess that these are new additions to the collection. The twins again weird option but not very surprising since LEGO LOVES including twins or triplets in their CMFs hahahaha. Anyways, it feels more like a Series 3 rather than a series 2. There are still some marvelous characters and variants to be done, and that's good.

11 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

You're so mean!  :roflmao:
I'm joking, obviously, but come on, my only crime is optimism!  :tongue:

The worst crime of all :laugh_hard:

Just now, summicron said:

Is that a scarf piece in new brown colour?

Looks dark red to me, but could also be reddish brown. Either way, it‘s s new colour for that piece :thumbup:

First of all I’m going to get all of these! (Despite my ranting coming up...)

Second... okay what?! James and Lily? Bland Hermione and Ron variants? Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see them up close because they will obviously have nice new prints... but what? Kinda bummed about the inclusion of James and Lily ngl.

And the main figures in the box front look bland now as well, it even looks sad lol. But I’m sure it’s just the lighting!

However, I’m happy about the inclusion of the Weasley twins and another Ginny! The twins look super “specific” and I’m glad that they’re getting that treatment. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The worst crime of all :laugh_hard:

Looks dark red to me, but could also be reddish brown. Either way, it‘s s new colour for that piece :thumbup:

Oh please let it be reddish brown!

The twins' gambling booth appears to be made out of Newt and Jacob's suitcase piece from Series 1. It looks like the front of the book piece is printed and inserted the ''wrong way'' so it looks like their little business.

Just now, Brickhero Studios said:

Which figures are you guys planning on looking for? I personally want Griphook the most. I might get moaning myrtle and dumbledore as well (don't have a modern dumbledore yet). If there aren't older versions of the trio in Diagon alley, I will get them from the CMF. (I don't have any of the modern harry potter stuff aside from a few CMF figures from a few years ago). 

At least 1 of all of them, maybe 2. There are definetely some figures I'm planning to get a bunch of.

Just now, summicron said:

Is that a scarf piece in new brown colour?

Looks like dark red to me

Just now, Otherworld said:

Kinda bummed about the inclusion of James and Lily ngl.

There are certainly some characters I would much rather get than James and Lilly but as they can't really appear anywhere else I'm glad they're included here

All I keep thinking is can someone in Romania please pop into this store and take a decent damn picture! Rofl. I can take better photos out of a car window going over 100kmpm whilst driving! :-D

Edited by chris6507

Wow, these are amazing. Every single one of these were a complete surprise. So glad we got variations on Fred and George that are unlikely to appear anywhere else (I honestly only expected their Christmas outfits in an ac and the www in diagon alley.) Their accessoires are also great. HBP

Hermione and Ron are fine, makes sense next to Harry. They aren't anything too special though, hopefully they have some nice accessories.

James and Lily are probably the best part from the new figures. Didn't even dare to hope for them. Also I guess if baby Harry doesn't have the scar, this would be our first decent flesh coloured baby as the other was from friends or had a mask. Although it would be really weird, did we ever even see him without the scar?

Ginny is a nice surprise. Really adds to the astronomy tower. And the hair and face are probably really welcome for everyone who was disappointed with the burrow one. Probably pick up multiple of her just to make some purist Ginny variants.

For the new look at the other figures, the gryffindor sword looks great. I also love how we get a clean diary. Kinda odd though to see MM with medium legs, considering the actress was an adult,  but it makes sense. Great new colour to get them in though. The new dress prints are great as well. Kinda missing villains though.

Either way Lego is really messing these Harry Potter reveals up. They wait so long until they eventually just get leaked, they're even in stores already. Oh well, at least we finally have some new info.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are definetely some figures I'm planning to get a bunch of.

6 minutes ago, summicron said:

Of which ones? Griphook I imagine?

Does Kingsley have the same old broom? I have hoped for sometime we could get a better "ridable" broom for the minifigs, and even if it isn't ridable, I think that mold looks a bit oversized and outdated at this point.

Personally I think we got spoiled by the bag image because I think it showcases the best figures and I am pretty annoyed that there is no Rita / Pomfrey as the only way I can see us getting them now is in a series 3 if it happens. The thought that we may never get figures of such characters now makes me a little nervous. On the other hand, I know some would say that getting minifigures such as Lily and James is something we never could have hoped for in the past. It seems like Lego is using the CMF to give us figures that cover some of the darker material that wouldn't fit into sets well. Still, a nice bright acid green Rita Skita would have made my day!