Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Marcos Bessa is hands down my favorite LEGO designer of all time. In addition to the sets you’ve listed, I think his Expecto Patronum will go down in history as one of the best small sets ever designed.

I’ve had the pleasure of exchanging a few DMs with Marcos on Instagram, and he is also just the sweetest, nicest guy. We will be very fortunate if he is the design lead on the D2C Diagon Alley set. He genuinely loves Harry Potter and will definitely do Diagon Alley justice.

Any word from @Falconfan1414 on the minifig vs microscale debate? Is it just me or does anyone else remember his countdown reveal confirming the $400 D2C Diagon Alley in which he said he had info indicating the set was minifig scale?

I believe all he said was that it is most likely minifig scale, and if I’m not mistaken, I believe he was basing that off the same reasoning we’ve been using here, simple logic dictates minifig scale is by far the most likely scenario

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Any word from @Falconfan1414 on the minifig vs microscale debate? Is it just me or does anyone else remember his countdown reveal confirming the $400 D2C Diagon Alley in which he said he had info indicating the set was minifig scale?

I would love for @Falconfan1414 to join the conversation, but I believe they said “most likely minifig scale,” which is admittedly odd wording, but I have no cause for concern at the moment. 

Marcos Bessa and the team are going to knock this one out of the park, I have no doubt.  

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the CMF releases on August 7th (I know many don't think it's happening but given Brickshops past I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt) it should be revealed next week at the latest. That would leave more than enough room for the D2C to get it's own seperate reveal. I think the 3 main reveals we'll get in the coming 3 weeks will be for the HP CMF, Diagon Alley and an Ideas set. 

Oh, somehow I took the tease and falconfan’s post to mean the DA reveal will be any day

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Oh, somehow I took the tease and falconfan’s post to mean the DA reveal will be any day

Same.  Either way, the good news is that it will be only a few weeks more AT MOST!  :excited:

@Fuppylodderssorry for my post, it came across harshly. You’re absolutely right - you’ve been very level headed and not argumentative, I was wrong, you were just countering points.

I think it is definitely wise for us all to drop it. As we clearly disagree lol.

Not sure how long you’ve been in the thread, but it’s been suggested by many before about it could be microscale. Including a number of trolls who got the thread locked (well, one troll with alts actually). So I think that’s why we’re so wanting to say “NO YOURE WRONG” in the way we have been lol - to put it to bed. It also gets tedious making the Same points haha. Thats also why you’ll see some of us memeing about it lol, it’s not personal, just an inside joke if you will.

I think the reason we’re happy to make that assumption that it won’t be microscale without absolute concrete evidence because if it is  microscale, few of us will buy it anyway? so we would no longer care about the set really!

Anyway, happy we can end the debate now lol. 

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I would love for @Falconfan1414 to join the conversation, but I believe they said “most likely minifig scale,” which is admittedly odd wording, but I have no cause for concern at the moment. 

Marcos Bessa and the team are going to knock this one out of the park, I have no doubt.  

“Most likely” is definitely odd wording to use in a leak reveal that came complete with a countdown clock :laugh: Regardless, I agree with you 100% - I have no doubt Marcos and his team are going to deliver an amazing minifig scale Diagon Alley set.

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also took the tease and the post from @Falconfan1414 to indicate that we would see the official reveal of Diagon Alley any day now - possibly even early next week. Very exciting!

Now he posted an image of the Lego SDCC booth from the official layout. My guess is he’s hinting that the reveal will be during SDCC which is July 22-26 I believe

Ok guess it’s my time to chime in. First up I don’t think they would tease a cmf alone in that way so I think it’s at least a diagon alley tease. Second if it’s one day of being able to ask questions that’s a telling sign like they have something planned very soon. Something like being able to ask questions stands out as something out of the ordinary for a regular announcement. To me then the questions becomes hmm what is coming soon where LEGO could do a out of the ordinary announcement? I think we can all figure it out from there 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

To me then the questions becomes hmm what is coming soon where LEGO could do a out of the ordinary announcement? I think we can all figure it out from there 

My guess is Comic Con or J.K. Rowling’s birthday.  I’m not smart enough to know which one is more “out of the ordinary,” apparently.  :laugh:

Edit: Thank you for chiming in!  :)

Edited by RogueTwo

16 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

My guess is Comic Con or J.K. Rowling’s birthday.  I’m not smart enough to know which one is more “out of the ordinary,” apparently.  :laugh:

I would also guess Comic Con (July 22) or Harry Potter’s birthday (July 31 - same as Rowling’s but I don’t think companies will be celebrating her any time soon).

And thanks for your thoughts @Falconfan1414 - any clarification you can offer on our question of minifig vs microscale? Was the info you revealed just an educated guess or was it based on a real leak? Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Modal said:

Hmm what to ask the designers...

I’d be curious to know what their dream Harry Potter sets to design would be. I imagine we will get some really interesting answers - ranging from Hagrid’s Motorbike to Grimmauld Place to Hogsmeade Village - that might indicate what future releases are in store.

Edited by sebastian666

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I would also guess Comic Con (July 22) or Harry Potter’s birthday (July 31 - same as Rowling’s but I don’t think companies will be celebrating her any time soon).

And thanks for your thoughts @Falconfan1414 - any clarification you can offer on our question of minifig vs microscale? Was the info you revealed just an educated guess or was it based on a real leak? Thanks again!

I’d be curious to know what set their dream Harry Potter sets to design would be. I imagine we will get some really interesting answers - ranging from Hagrid’s Motorbike to Grimmauld Place to Hogsmeade Village - that might indicate what future releases are in store.

Yea don't think anyone wants to associate with Rowling rn...

I would also love to hear that answered, but considering they probably know all the future sets, they would probably me hesitant in answering that. Maybe I'll ask them how much of London is coming with the micro DA :wink:

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It definetely means we're getting something official for DA in late july/early august

25 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

J.K. Rowling is kind of getting "CANCELLED"  due to you-know-what. I doubt LEGO would make the reveal on her birthday. Even so, it would be totally out of coincidence. 

19 minutes ago, Modal said:

I went ahead and asked: Has there been a specific aspect to working on the LEGO Harry Potter revival that’s been the most gratifying, and which movie has been your favorite to adapt into LEGO so far? I submitted the question before when Marcos Bessa was answering questions on Lego’s Instagram story weeks back, but it didn’t get picked. Maybe now it will :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, TakeaBrick said:

J.K. Rowling is kind of getting "CANCELLED"  due to you-know-what. I doubt LEGO would make the reveal on her birthday. Even so, it would be totally out of coincidence. 

Not so much ‘coincidence’ as the fact she gave her main character the same birthday as herself and the majority of people are capable of separating her most popular work from the unpopular and harmful views she mostly adopted long after it was finished. 

26 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m considering asking something about magical creatures, or perhaps for a comparison of how they handle recreations of the 2001-2011 sets to the ‘new’ ones. 

Woke culture is hilarious to me. They turn on each other as quickly as they crap on everybody else. They just want to be offended. “If you disagree with me you’re a horrible person”, and that’s called “tolerance” lol. Bunch of nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It definetely means we're getting something official for DA in late july/early august

Technically you could really call the rest of July “late July”

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Marcos Bessa is hands down my favorite LEGO designer of all time.

I hear a lot of people clamouring about Marcos Bessa. I'm curious, what makes him stick out from the others? Is there anything specific? Still being fairly new to the AFOL community and not buying a huge amount of Lego hasn't allowed me to figure it out yet!

22 minutes ago, Modal said:

Maybe I'll ask them how much of London is coming with the micro DA :wink:

"Will you be including Tesco Express or Sainsburys Local?"

Yea, hate to get into too many politics, but at least you all here have a more level headed approach. I'm in the game industry, which is known for the farther left, "woke" crowd. I'm all for people boycotting HP if they find offense of what JK said, but to think some people are going to sacrifice a major part of their childhood because of some stupid things an author said, which as far as we know have no place in the HP world she created, is a bit ridiculous. Especially when many of us who love HP don't love it for who the author is, that has nothing to do with it really.

I'm especially excited for the new Harry Potter video game about to be announced for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I've been told I'm not allowed to purchase anything related to HP anymore as that would support her social views... Very frustrating as you can tell.

Edited by Modal

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Technically you could really call the rest of July “late July”

Definetely true :tongue:

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

I hear a lot of people clamouring about Marcos Bessa. I'm curious, what makes him stick out from the others? Is there anything specific? Still being fairly new to the AFOL community and not buying a huge amount of Lego hasn't allowed me to figure it out yet!

He has made a lot of fan favorite sets in the past. Things like the Disney Castle, Silent Mary, Ghostbusters HQ, S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Disney Train and Station etc

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yea, hate to get into too many politics, but at least you all here have a more level headed approach. I'm in the game industry, which is known for the farther left, "woke" crowd. I'm all for people boycotting HP if they find offense of what JK said, but to think some people are going to sacrifice a major part of their childhood because of some stupid things an author said, which as far as we know have no place in the HP world she created, is a bit ridiculous. Especially when many of us who love HP don't love it for who the author is, that has nothing to do with it really.

I'm especially excited for the new Harry Potter video game about to be announced for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but I've been told I'm not allowed to purchase anything related to HP anymore as that would support her social views... Very frustrating as you can tell.

And they’re the people calling everybody else toxic lol smh

You have to separate the art from the artist, and in this case it's not that hard because the sets are based on the films and not the books. I love the HP films (couldn't care less about the books) and I don't let JKR's hateful views destroy my enjoyment of them :classic:

58 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’d be curious to know what their dream Harry Potter sets to design would be. I imagine we will get some really interesting answers - ranging from Hagrid’s Motorbike to Grimmauld Place to Hogsmeade Village - that might indicate what future releases are in store.

Sneaky, but they're not gonna fall for that :tongue: Asking anything even vaguely related to upcoming sets is just a wasted question

10 minutes ago, Modal said:

I'm all for people boycotting HP if they find offense of what JK said, but to think some people are going to sacrifice a major part of their childhood because of some stupid things an author said, which as far as we know have no place in the HP world she created, is a bit ridiculous. Especially when many of us who love HP don't love it for who the author is, that has nothing to do with it really.

In my experience a good chunk of the people calling to ‘cancel’ Harry Potter itself just because jkr is currently espousing (admittedly extremely hateful and harmful) unpopular views are people who didn’t actually like the books/movies in the first place and are all too excited to finally latch onto a reason to tell real fans that they’re wrong for liking it. The real fans I know recognize that the Wizarding World has become so much more than just one person, and the vast majority of us are a tolerant bunch (apparently because of Harry Potter according to some studies that have been done). So don’t let anyone tell you you can’t still enjoy the story and buy the merchandise - they’re the ones who need to learn what death of the author means. 

22 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

In my experience a good chunk of the people calling to ‘cancel’ Harry Potter itself just because jkr is currently espousing (admittedly extremely hateful and harmful) unpopular views are people who didn’t actually like the books/movies in the first place and are all too excited to finally latch onto a reason to tell real fans that they’re wrong for liking it. The real fans I know recognize that the Wizarding World has become so much more than just one person, and the vast majority of us are a tolerant bunch (apparently because of Harry Potter according to some studies that have been done). So don’t let anyone tell you you can’t still enjoy the story and buy the merchandise - they’re the ones who need to learn what death of the author means. 

This. While the views of Mrs. JK Rowling are harmful and hateful, these views are not represented in the Harry Potter series, books or films. As a result, it's easy to overlook her personal views in the same way one overlooks whatever stupid lore fact she's currently posting on Twitter (Wizards defecating on the floor, anyone?)

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

Shifting the conversation back to LEGO, has anyone else submitted a question to the VIP-only thing? 

I'm planning on it, but I'm still thinking of what to ask.