Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t normally join in conversations like this because they’re stupid and pointless, but the fact that 1 minifigure is a “play set” style figure of Harry and the other is Florean Fortesque proves that it won’t be micro-scale, neither of them are display figures, all 4 of the founders are display figures

I don't normally join in either, and as I already said, I'm really hoping it's *not* microfigure scale, but it can't be dismissed simply because 2 minifigs have been spotted. 

As for your point one is a play style of Harry and the other is Florien, 

Absolutely nothing makes that more play style than display style. 2 sides of his face doesn't denote purely play style, it also gives multiple display options. The face print with smudging is actually really good, as is his torso printing. The lack of leg printing on both is not surprising so also not really valid for dismissal. As for Florean, already been pointed out being a founder etc... And all the counter counter counter arguments :laugh:

Not to mention, finally, we trying to make logic of TLGs character inclusion? We know what their character choice can be like sometimes :shrug_oh_well:

I'm just saying, the current 2 minifigs by themselves just aren't enough to dismiss microfig scale... 

Here's a rare time I'm hoping I'm wrong and it's definitely minifig scale! 

4 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I agree with you. I always try to recognize at least some details on those grainy pictures but that's just impossible. And kind of exhausting as well. For me, it's painful enough when even the press release images don't show every single detail I want to see ?

Exactly! It’s not like leaked D2C images drive me insane to the point where I’m going to actively avoid them. I’m just saying I prefer seeing them in HD for the first time rather than trying to pick out details on a tiny image. I feel like that’s a fairly common sentiment. Leaked minifigures, on the other hand, are exciting because they leak far in advance of sets and give us clues as to what’s in them. 

Now that we’ve seen the first two minifigs from the D2C Diagon Alley set, I am really curious to hear what other minifigs folks think we could be getting in this set. My guess is that we’ll get 16 minifigs total, all based on their appearances in the first two films, including:

- Hagrid

- Harry Potter (confirmed)

- Ron Weasley

- Hermione Granger

- Ginny Weasley

- Gilderoy Lockhart 

- Draco Malfoy

- Lucius Malfoy

- Borgin

- Tom the Barman

- Ollivander

- Florian Fortescue (confirmed)

- 2x Gringott’s Goblins

- Doris Crockford

- Dedalus Diggle

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Now that we’ve seen the first two minifigs from the D2C Diagon Alley set, I am really curious to hear what other minifigs folks think we could be getting in this set. My guess is that we’ll get 16 minifigs total, all based on their appearances in the first two films, including:

- Hagrid

- Harry Potter (confirmed)

- Ron Weasley

- Hermione Granger

- Ginny Weasley

- Gilderoy Lockhart 

- Draco Malfoy

- Lucius Malfoy

- Borgin

- Tom the Barman

- Ollivander

- Florian Fortescue (confirmed)

- 2x Gringott’s Goblins

- Doris Crockford

- Dedalus Diggle

I would say there is a chance for Quirrell to make another appearance if it is only following the first 2 movies.

I think Diagon Alley could have been 3 sets

Gringotts (8th Movie)

Right Side (6th Movie)

Left Side (2nd Movie) Including Knockturn Alley

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Of course the counter argument would be that, like the Hogwarts Castle, Diagon Alley could include the 'founders', or in this case patrons, of each shop represented as minifigures, hence the inclusion of Florean Fortescue. The counter argument to that argument though is that we are getting a Harry minifigure. So ... I say we leave it up to the algorithm to decide. :laugh:

Well the algorithm pleads not guilty! Wait what? *huh*

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Exactly! It’s not like leaked D2C images drive me insane to the point where I’m going to actively avoid them. I’m just saying I prefer seeing them in HD for the first time rather than trying to pick out details on a tiny image. I feel like that’s a fairly common sentiment. Leaked minifigures, on the other hand, are exciting because they leak far in advance of sets and give us clues as to what’s in them. 

Fair enough! I wasn’t trying to be rude. Just saying - don’t feel you have to look at leaks! I feel, for me, knowing the existence of it has gotten me excited enough at this point, and seeing images along the way is either gonna lead to disappointment in the end or lead to the same amount of excitement if I just see the set when it’s announced. Tbh I’d probably have been more Interested in leaks if KNN’s hints hadn’t gotten so silly.

9 hours ago, Modal said:

Where did the information regarding 4000-5000 pieces come from? Or is that just an estimate based on the $400 price tag?

I think it is just a estimate! I translated the article from Stonewars and they say they do not know the parts number, but guess it is between 4-5000, then Brick Fanatics quote them and say it will have between 4-5000 parts. If you are in doubt go to the ordinal source :wink:

9 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Just because we have minifigures, means in no way solid that it will be minifigures scale. 

You seem to forget the Hogwarts castle came with 4 minifigs, but was microscale, and had 6k pieces. 

Assembly Square has 4000 pieces, and look at the size of it? It's nothing in comparison to the size of DA. Now imagine using just an extra 1000-2000 to make a decent minifig sized DA with many shops, a center street annnnnd Gringotts! 

While I'm hoping for minifig scale DA, if it is, it'll just be store fronts with a bit of interior similar to city but a bit more in depth. Or perhaps, it'll be the end of DA right where Gringotts is, and include the closest shops to it (2 or 4 of them). 

But you can't at any stretch use the fact we seen minifigs to dismiss microfig scale. Hogwarts Castle is proof enough of that. 

I agree that it is not any solid prof just because 2 figs have leaked and I have said the hole time that I do not feel safe until I see a proper picture. However those two figs at least do not increase the chance of a microfig D2C :wink: Seems like a odd couple to include if it is not system-scale I would say, but it can of course be Harry and a few shop owners :shrug_oh_well:
Another sign is that not any microfigs have leaked, but the factory leaks are few and far between now, well at least it is a good omen :grin:

I really hope it is not modular sized buildings, that would only give us 3-4 buildings tops and they would "waste" a lot of bricks on the back half of the buildings.. If they go that rout they should instead given us a building a year..

6 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I don't normally join in either, and as I already said, I'm really hoping it's *not* microfigure scale, but it can't be dismissed simply because 2 minifigs have been spotted. 

However, it can be dismissed because of this tiny little insignificant thing I keep bringing up every time the microscale discussion pops up again:

40289-1.jpg?201810250747

WE ALREADY HAVE A MICROSCALE DIAGON ALLEY GAHHHHHHHHH

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

However, it can be dismissed because of this tiny little insignificant thing I keep bringing up every time the microscale discussion pops up again:

:laugh:
I still think that is like saying we already have a system-scale millennium falcon so we can not get another one; ah hello there MILLENNIUM FALCON *oh2*
I assume they both can be called system-scale, but the size difference is huge :shrug_oh_well:

The same can happen here, only the underground on Gringotts alone is probably bigger than Hogwarts! However I hope and think it is system-scale I am just playing the devils advocate :devil:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think Diagon Alley could have been 3 sets

Gringotts (8th Movie)

Right Side (6th Movie)

Left Side (2nd Movie) Including Knockturn Alley

There is definitely enough source material for that amount of sets, but a problem with that idea is Diagon Alley isn't consistent over the films it appears in. 

PS and CoS the Alley looks like this. The only change between the two films is Ollivanders is redressed as Flourish and Blotts, seen on the lower row of shops second from right. 

24a1858b24c644028f5e3c64e4d67271.jpg

The set changes in HBP and both DH films as can be seen on the film set below. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.693249,-0.419633,3a,75y,274.23h,91.66t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1su1gcE6cVKELE_xgImwtVHQ!2e0?hl=en

Now Knockturn Alley moves from near the Leaky Cauldron to near Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron is much further down the Alley than the rest of the shops.

Gambol and Japes, Sugarplums, Cranvilles, Broomstix and the Second Hand Bookshop have all gone, QQS and Wiseacres have swapped sides. Most other shops have changes places staying to their sides of the Alley. 

WWW has appeared on the lower side (in the diagram) and Flourish and Blotts now has its own design, but many other shops have been reduced in size. 

More buildings on the two lanes either side of Gringotts can be seen, but the Dily Prophet Press Office is the only one with a legible sign. 

Just now, Roebuck said:

I assume they both can be called system-scale, but the size difference is huge :shrug_oh_well:

It‘s not microscale anymore if you change the scale, simple as that :tongue: Microscale doesn‘t mean „anything smaller than system-scale“, it means in scale with nanofigs, which the GWP DA already is. There’s a reason we primarily refer to sets that include nanofigs as microscale (Helicarrier, Hogwarts, Apollo V, ISS).

Moreover, the Millennium Falcon comparison doesn‘t work since refering to the UCS set as „system-scale“ makes no sense. The UCS set is in actual realistic scale to minifigs, which happens very rarely due to size limitations, while the other versions are system-scale, which ISN’T minifig-scale. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s not microscale anymore if you change the scale, simple as that :tongue: Microscale doesn‘t mean „anything smaller than system-scale“, it means in scale with nanofigs, which the GWP DA already is. There’s a reason we primarily refer to sets that include nanofigs as microscale (Helicarrier, Hogwarts, Apollo V, ISS).

Well I would not necessarily say that Hogwarts and the GWP is the same scale either :devil:

Hopefully we will see more minifig leaks soon, if someone that is not a shop owner leaks, maybe with the exception of Hagrid I would say we are pretty close to 95% certainty that it is system-scale :wink:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Well I would not necessarily say that Hogwarts and the GWP is the same scale either :devil:

So you expect the buildings to be even smaller than in the GWP? Because if you want DA to truly be in scale with 71043, you‘d have to shrink them even further :tongue:

You really do want them to include half of London, don‘t you :head_back:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

So you expect the buildings to be even smaller than in the GWP? Because if you want DA to truly be in scale with 71043, you‘d have to shrink them even further :tongue:

You really do want them to include half of London, don‘t you :head_back:

:laugh:
That can not be right unless the buildings in DA are like the tent in the quidditch world cup, small on the outside and huge on the inside :wacko: So far I have not built any of them, but looks like the GWP can fit easily inside the GH alone. It is a great hall for sure, but bigger than a hole street with several buildings?! One of them is Gringotts where they ned carts that speed along miniature train tracks through the bank's underground tunnels to get to the different vaults, meanwhile at Hogwarts the students just walks since it is apparently no need fly a broom to get to class in time :wink: The GWP do not have any room for microfigs inside either, but in the Hogwarts it is possible to put several even in the smallest rooms :sceptic:

I do not want it to be microfig period and most likely it is not:tongue:

38 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The GWP do not have any room for microfigs inside either, but in the Hogwarts it is possible to put several even in the smallest rooms :sceptic:

It does. Both the bank and WWW have interiors. The shoppes in between are all just façades though.

5 minutes ago, klinton said:

It does. Both the bank and WWW have interiors. The shoppes in between are all just façades though.

OK, but still find it unlogical that they are the same scale :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Surge said:

I would say there is a chance for Quirrell to make another appearance if it is only following the first 2 movies.

9 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I agree, would love to get another copy or quirrell

I totally forgot that Quirrell is in that first scene in the Leaky Cauldron! Yes, I agree that he would be great to include. I don’t think many people would complain about getting another copy of him, maybe with an iguana this time.

The other minifig I didn’t list but who keeps coming to mind is Dean Thomas. Isn’t he in that scene outside of Quality Quidditch Supplies where the kids are all ogling the new Nimbus 2000? Dean would add some diversity to the lineup, too, so it wouldn’t be all-white minifigs with a couple goblins.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

So far I have not built any of them, but looks like the GWP can fit easily inside the GH alone. It is a great hall for sure, but bigger than a hole street with several buildings?!

I haven't build the Hogwarts D2C yet, but I can confirm that the DA GWP is too big to fit into the modular Great Hall. If it was 2 studs shorter in length then it would definitely fit.

18 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I totally forgot that Quirrell is in that first scene in the Leaky Cauldron! Yes, I agree that he would be great to include. I don’t think many people would complain about getting another copy of him, maybe with an iguana this time.

The other minifig I didn’t list but who keeps coming to mind is Dean Thomas. Isn’t he in that scene outside of Quality Quidditch Supplies where the kids are all ogling the new Nimbus 2000? Dean would add some diversity to the lineup, too, so it wouldn’t be all-white minifigs with a couple goblins.

Quirrell could well be included, although I personally think he is going to stay exclusive to the Great Hall for now. Also he wouldn't come with an iguana in DA because that scene is in the castle.

Dean isn't among the kids outside QQS ogling the Nimbus 2000; they are just random as far as I can tell.

450?cb=20110806132643

Just a quick point about Quirrell, in the LC he has the metal tie clip seen in the promo pic, he doesn't have it at Hogwarts, so it could be included as a unique print. 

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

40289-1.jpg?201810250747

We already have many other sets from Harry Potter before the recent re-do, but TLG redo stuff all the time, so you're right, it is tiny and insignificant :tongue:

Also, its barely just one side. 

But again, I hope I'm wrong and it's not microscale, Im just in the same position as Roebuck, I don't feel safe until there's some solid proof, not just hypothetical/circumstantial 'as good as' proof. 

I was hoping for minifigs with the Nintendo licence, and they gave us something completely different and new, and to me, for the most part horrible. 

I'll let my excitement out when solid actual proof of minifig scale is released :) 

What would be awesome, and I'm certain it'd be a winner, is if they released the entire street one building a year, in the modular style. Makes it affordable, brings in modular building fans to Harry Potter if they're not already, and would give an ultimate DA display, affordable if spread out over the years. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

58 minutes ago, Salix said:

I haven't build the Hogwarts D2C yet, but I can confirm that the DA GWP is too big to fit into the modular Great Hall. If it was 2 studs shorter in length then it would definitely fit.

Sorry for being unclear, meant the GH in the D2C Hogwarts since we were compeering scale :blush:

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Personally I would rather have any of the other people Harry meet inside the LC before him :shrug_oh_well:

I do not think any of the kids in that scene is in the rest of the movie, which is rather strange since they look to be in school age :grin:

34 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

We already have many other sets from Harry Potter before the recent re-do, but TLG redo stuff all the time, so you're right, it is tiny and insignificant :tongue:

That‘s not the point, the point is the scale. The GWP is microscale and can only be turned into a 400$ set if you A) add more buildings in the same scale which would be ludricous because that would include part of London or B) make the buildings larger which by definition changes the scale, so it‘s not microscale anymore. You cannot increase the scale and simultaneously claim it’s still the same scale, that makes absolutely no sense. That‘s what I‘ve been saying for MONTHS now but somehow people keep ignoring it :tongue:

34 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

What would be awesome, and I'm certain it'd be a winner, is if they released the entire street one building a year, in the modular style. Makes it affordable, brings in modular building fans to Harry Potter if they're not already, and would give an ultimate DA display, affordable if spread out over the years. 

We‘ve been over this before, too :laugh: That approach would take far too long (at least 6-7 years to get anywhere) and would result in people missing sets since the first couple of sets would long have reached EOL by the time the 4th or 5th one comes out. Moreover, a lot of the shops are too niche as their own sets and are far better suited as parts of a larger set. And do you really want a DA that takes the better half of a decade to complete AND end up with an even larger army of Harrys? Cause they would definitely shove him into every single one of them :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak