Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I want some Grindylows so bad! I still think there’s a possibility that we could get them in a Durmstrang ship set next year.

LEGO is almost all out of vehicles for the line now that they’ve done the Hogwarts Express, the Knight Bus, the Beauxbatons Carriage, a thestral carriage, and two versions of the flying Ford Anglia.

I could see the ship set including a few Grindylows, the champions in their Second Task appearances, a mermaid or two, Karkaroff, and a random Durmstrang student.

The only other iconic vehicle I can think of is Sirius’ motorcycle. Marco Bessa confirmed that the design team has been working on it, but their challenge is building handlebars that work with the current Hagrid minifigs arms.

That would be awesome to get but a new mold for a Second Task set would pretty much automatically go to Krum for his shark head and I doubt they'll do more than that. Add the fact we see the Grindylows for only a few seconds in a 8-movie story and I'd say a CMF figure of Fleur would be the only chance of us getting them :def_shrug:

Final cmf predictions:

1. Rita Skeeter, with gem quill and tile notepad.

2. Gilderoy Lockhart, with Cornish Pixie (hoping for book prints like Magical Me in the DA set though).

3. Madam Pomfrey with Skele-gro Bottle.

4. I guess another Harry minifigure. I don't know if I want the Polyjuice versions or not.

5. Ron in Quidditch gear, to match Harry from HBP.

6. Hermione, not really sure what design she'd have.

7. Ginny Weasley or Katie Bell as they both appear quite a bit in HBP, which is what the leaked Harry design is based off.

The main reason I really want polyjuice Ron and Harry is because each would be a two for one. We would automatically get Crabbe and Goyle as well without taking up any additional spots. Plus cat Hermione would be pretty neat

Okay, so hear me out, what if they've planned a small set for 2021 featuring the bathroom where they polyjuice with a few bathroom stalls and the fountain entrance to the CoS with the golden trio in both forms, themselves and C/G & cat (as in one trio of minifigures with double faces and additional items like in the CMF like 2 pieces of hair)? A set akin to the RoR set this year. And Moaning Myrtle from the 2nd CMF is meant to complement that set?

Edited by Salix

34 minutes ago, Salix said:

Okay, so hear me out, what if they've planned a small set for 2021 featuring the bathroom where they polyjuice with a few bathroom stalls and the fountain entrance to the CoS with the golden trio in both forms, themselves and C/G & cat (as in one trio of minifigures with double faces and additional items like in the CMF like 2 pieces of hair)? A set akin to the RoR set this year. And Moaning Myrtle from the 2nd CMF is meant to complement that set?

Could very well be the case. They could even include Moaning Myrtle, but print her in grayscale to match the GH set’s Nearly Headless Nick, keeping the exclusive bluish printing for the CMF series. But I think if we’re going to get a bathroom set in the same style as the RoR set, we’re much more likely to get the Troll scene before the Polyjuice Potion scene.

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

But I think if we’re going to get a bathroom set in the same style as the RoR set, we’re much more likely to get the Troll scene before the Polyjuice Potion scene.

I agree, but without the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, and the chamber itself, I feel like the set wouldn't really have much to it apart from maybe a Polyjuice transformation feature or maybe something that launches Riddle's diary at Myrtle, which I reckon would be hilarious :laugh_hard: so I think it's more likely to be part of a larger chamber set

Edited by RealGeronimo11

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Okay, so hear me out, what if they've planned a small set for 2021 featuring the bathroom ... And Moaning Myrtle from the 2nd CMF is meant to complement that set?

Moaning Myrtle already complements the Clocktower set though with the Prefects' bathroom and the Mermaid window. That might be why they've done her in blue tone because she does have more of that colouring when she goes in the water.

33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Moaning Myrtle already complements the Clocktower set though with the Prefects' bathroom and the Mermaid window. That might be why they've done her in blue tone because she does have more of that colouring when she goes in the water.

I may have forgotten about that part of the Clock Tower. :tongue:

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I agree, but without the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, and the chamber itself, I feel like the set wouldn't really have much to it apart from maybe a Polyjuice transformation feature or maybe something that launches Riddle's diary at Myrtle, which I reckon would be hilarious :laugh_hard: so I think it's more likely to be part of a larger chamber set

True true. But if the polyjuiced trio can be in a set, then why put them in the CMF?

22 minutes ago, Salix said:

True true. But if the polyjuiced trio can be in a set, then why put them in the CMF?

Pretty much every single character include in past and future CMF's could've been included in a hypothetical set. It's just a matter of LEGO picking and choosing what they will and won't do

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Amongst all this CMF speculation, I‘ve just realised something: has any source confirmed 71028 to be a HP series WITHOUT referring to the infamous leak in March? If not, we‘re extremely lucky in a way. Had the leak not occurred, we‘d probably still be thinking it was a Marvel series :laugh_hard:

Yeah, people who were at Toy Fair. When we first saw the series the fact that it was a HP series didn't surprise anyone.

Hello, i'm new here.

Thought I'd throw my cmf predictions into the mix. 

1. Ron Weasley in quidditch gear (Broom, new quaffle piece)

2. Hermione Granger in winter clothes ( wand, book/mug)

3. Rita Skeeter ( quill, paper)

4. Gilderoy Lockhart (pixie, wand)

5. Sirius, OotP version (padfoot new piece)

6. Madam Pomfrey ( bottle of skele-grow)

7. Ginny variant ( either quiditch outfit or CoS variant with Tom Riddle's undamaged diary)

Obviously, there are many other possible figures, but these are my best guesses.

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

The only other iconic vehicle I can think of is Sirius’ motorcycle. Marco Bessa confirmed that the design team has been working on it, but their challenge is building handlebars that work with the current Hagrid minifigs arms.

Really? That’s great. Do you remember what interview he said that in? It would be so cool to get the flying motorcycle, but I can definitely see why getting the handlebars in a shape Hagrid could hold would be tricky. You either have to figure out how to brick build something sturdy enough or mold an entirely new bike that’s only compatible with Hagrid. 

I gotta say, I'm not particularly into the HP play-sets as much as the larger model sets, but this year's 4 Privet Drive is an exceptional set. So many amazing choices - The chain in the trunk, hidden staircase room, mail slot for the fireplace. Really well done

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Really? That’s great. Do you remember what interview he said that in? It would be so cool to get the flying motorcycle, but I can definitely see why getting the handlebars in a shape Hagrid could hold would be tricky. You either have to figure out how to brick build something sturdy enough or mold an entirely new bike that’s only compatible with Hagrid. 

He said it in an Instagram Q&A a few weeks back. Doesn't confirm we're going to get it though :wink:

I'm not sure which set hagrid's Motorbike could even come in. Anybody have any ideas?  What builds could be made for a battle of the seven potters set?

37 minutes ago, TangyGecko said:

I'm not sure which set hagrid's Motorbike could even come in. Anybody have any ideas?  What builds could be made for a battle of the seven potters set?

A Battle of the Seven Potters set would probably end up being a battle pack type set, with more minifigures and smaller builds. The flying motorcycle and sidecar are an obvious choice for a build, of its more of a proper set then the tunnel the chase happens through in the movie is a possibility as well, and I seem to recall Voldemort getting caught up in some power lines at the end of the fight as well. A set based on the prologue scene in Privet Drive could include the motorbike, some street lamps and the low wall Professor McGonagall waits on - throw in Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, baby Harry, and McGonagall’s cat form and you’ve got a nice $20 set actually. 

I know it's a bit early but here are my predictions/Wishlist for next year's wave.

Core wave/ June release

Hogwarts Battle- Small section of Hogwarts based off of DH2 ( similar to the Room of Requirement) Minifigures: Molly, Ginny, Bellatrix, Death Eater.  £20

Malfoy Manor- Small section of  the Malfoy manor dining hall from DH1  Minifigures: Harry, Draco,Ron, Lucius, Narcissa.     £25

The Tent-  Medium-sized tent build, small pond build with Gryffindor's Sword, New doe patronus piece. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Scabior, snatcher   £35

Shell Cottage- House build similar to privet drive set from this year. Minifigures: Harry, Luna, Hermione, bill, Fleur, Ollivander    £50

Ukrainian Iron Belly Escape- (Attaches to this year's gringotts build in the D2C) Section of Gringotts that includes a cart track, The lestrange vault, Miscellaneous Vault, Large Ukrainian Iron Belly build   Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, (All in disguises), Griphook, Bogrod, Gringotts guard.     £65

The Battle of Hogwarts- Large hogwarts playset with lots of exploding functions but still looks good on its own, Section of the courtyard, Boat house. Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Voldemort, snape, mcgonnagal, Death eater (x2), dementor, hagrid, The Grey lady.   £100

Later releases/ August wave:

Fiendfyre Rescue-(attaches to Room of Requirement set) Builds for the piles of hidden objects, builds for the fiendfyre. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Blaise, crabbe   £35

Escape From the ministry- Builds for the court, entrance hall, and lift. Minifigures: Harry,Ron, Hermione (disguises), umbridge, Yaxley, Mary Cattermole  £50

Death Eater battle pack: Small build for some hogwarts terrain. Minifigures: Death Eater (x3) Dementor.   £13

What are your thoughts on this? (this took me a while to type LOL)

4 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It could also include the Slytherin Common Room and Malfoy, That way you can play out the entire polyjuice chapter in one set!

Put the bathroom in a level above the common room and you can then easily accommodate a slide underneath the sink! 

It can then combine with a separate ‘Chamber of Secrets’ set with a different selection of minifigures  

9 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

It could also include the Slytherin Common Room and Malfoy, That way you can play out the entire polyjuice chapter in one set!

This is the reason I don't want polyjuice variants in a cmf.

9 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That would be cool, but there's definitely an argument for shark-head Krum, and I reckon they could make a set more interesting by adding the giant squid, although that's definitely unlikely

Ooh a giant squid would be so cool! Like this one: https://brickset.com/sets/7775-1/Aquabase-Invasion

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

A Battle of the Seven Potters set would probably end up being a battle pack type set, with more minifigures and smaller builds.

inb4 it exists but is literally 7 Harry Potters :wink:

2 hours ago, TangyGecko said:

I know it's a bit early but here are my predictions/Wishlist for next year's wave.

Core wave/ June release

Hogwarts Battle- Small section of Hogwarts based off of DH2 ( similar to the Room of Requirement) Minifigures: Molly, Ginny, Bellatrix, Death Eater.  £20

Malfoy Manor- Small section of  the Malfoy manor dining hall from DH1  Minifigures: Harry, Draco,Ron, Lucius, Narcissa.     £25

The Tent-  Medium-sized tent build, small pond build with Gryffindor's Sword, New doe patronus piece. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Scabior, snatcher   £35

Shell Cottage- House build similar to privet drive set from this year. Minifigures: Harry, Luna, Hermione, bill, Fleur, Ollivander    £50

Ukrainian Iron Belly Escape- (Attaches to this year's gringotts build in the D2C) Section of Gringotts that includes a cart track, The lestrange vault, Miscellaneous Vault, Large Ukrainian Iron Belly build   Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, (All in disguises), Griphook, Bogrod, Gringotts guard.     £65

The Battle of Hogwarts- Large hogwarts playset with lots of exploding functions but still looks good on its own, Section of the courtyard, Boat house. Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Voldemort, snape, mcgonnagal, Death eater (x2), dementor, hagrid, The Grey lady.   £100

Fiendfyre Rescue-(attaches to Room of Requirement set) Builds for the piles of hidden objects, builds for the fiendfyre. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Blaise, crabbe   £35

Escape From the ministry- Builds for the court, entrance hall, and lift. Minifigures: Harry,Ron, Hermione (disguises), umbridge, Yaxley, Mary Cattermole  £50

Death Eater battle pack: Small build for some hogwarts terrain. Minifigures: Death Eater (x3) Dementor.   £13

Those would be really cool but I’m guessing not all sets will be based on the DH movies.

2 hours ago, TangyGecko said:

Core wave/ June release

I mean, that's the dream, and I think that it'll be interesting to see how LEGO deal with the DH sets, given that they haven't really explored it before in the same way that they have for the other 6 films... I wouldn't say no to a Grimmauld Place, either, maybe a mix of DH and OotP scenes? I also think, since they've made a Forbidden Forest set every year since 2018, a set similar to the one in 2011 with Voldemort, Harry, Hagrid, and Narcissa would be cool; although they're limited with options due to the fact that that's literally the scene where Harry dies

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

LEGO Harry Potter: Troll

Look I made a troll based on the new Grawp but with a few changes (mainly feet, head and belly) :P

Looks great! We definitely need an updated troll, and I think a build such as this would make a Bathroom set more interesting, instead of just a mould. And I'm sure LEGO would like an excuse to raise the price :head_back:

12 minutes ago, Legopls said:

Those would be really cool but I’m guessing not all sets will be based on the DH movies.

They'll definetely release 1 or 2 sets based on FB to coincide with the release of the new movie (assuming it doesn't get pushed back again, even though it most likely will)