Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

After having built all but 2 of the sets, I have Astronomy Tower left to build and I need to buy the Burrow, I have to say they’re all excellent, I especially love Hedwig which I didn’t even plan on buying, I would love to get something for Scabbers and Crookshanks now, even if it’s just a bust of them (because obviously Crookshanks is rather large and Scabbers is fat) but I’d love to get them to get exclusive figures of Hermione and Ron, I love the Grawp figure and build, and obviously the new centaurs are amazing, PD is fantastic and I love that it comes with the first ever Petunia and Dudley and it’s so much better (and more accurate) than the older Privet Drive, can’t wait to build the Tower, just need to make some space ??

23 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ah, that makes sense

I was exactly the same ?

I agree with everything you say, the only issue I have is not with the set, but with Lego themselves, we have gotten 2 versions of Mr Weasley’s Flying Ford Anglia in this reinvigorated theme, but we have not gotten a single version of the Weasley twins, imo, it’s like getting the Batmobile without Batman or Hagrid without fang, oh wait... ??

That's a good point, I completely forgot about the Weasley twins, and I don't know how.  My best guess is that LEGO wants to save them for a certain huge set that includes their shop.  :wink:  But I don't know, we'll see.  As for Fang, I actually think there is still a chance.  I couldn't believe it, but when I went back to rewatch the movies recently, Fang isn't in Prisoner of Azkaban (he's in the book, of course).  But as the recent Hagrid's hut was completely POA-based, I think Fang could (and MUST!) still show up somewhere.  

Also, sorry for the long and frequent posts, but I just realized that the Star Wars Advent Calendar is now listed as "Coming Soon" on the LEGO Shop website.  Surely the HP one must be revealed soon?  

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Also, sorry for the long and frequent posts, but I just realized that the Star Wars Advent Calendar is now listed as "Coming Soon" on the LEGO Shop website.  Surely the HP one must be revealed soon?  

Interesting, the Star Wars advent calendar isn't listed on the Dutch S@H yet, but I did notice the other new 2020 Star Wars are now listed as coming soon. I checked HP, but no AC yet.

Edited by Salix

9 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

That's a good point, I completely forgot about the Weasley twins, and I don't know how.  My best guess is that LEGO wants to save them for a certain huge set that includes their shop. 

Whilst that is a good bet, I would rather have gotten the early film twins (1-3) earlier in the wave because HBP F/G have completely different outfits to their school uniforms, but I guess we’ll likely get them in a later wave (I hope)

I wonder how long it will be until we see the Advent Calendar, seeing as Star Wars one just got officially revealed. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

42 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The SW AC was revealed with some other SW stuff, so I can imagine that we'll see the HP AC together with the CMF in the next few days

14 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

The SW AC was revealed with some other SW stuff, so I can imagine that we'll see the HP AC together with the CMF in the next few days

i wouldn't count on it, CMFs are usually revealed on their own

On 6/15/2020 at 11:37 PM, sebastian666 said:

@Mariella I’m planning to do the exact same thing, but I don’t have an extra tan column. What are those tan columns called? Did you have to order an extra one from BrickLink or did you just have them in your parts collection? Thanks.

I only had an extra 1x2x5 tan brick (and a 1x2x1 tan brick) but that didn't look good up there so I actually removed the tan column from the ground floor of the Great Hall tower, used it in the Astronomy Tower and put the 1x2x5 in the Great Hall tower instead. Looks good there because the floors above use the same piece. If you don't have that either you'll have to get one of the columns I guess, it's called a "Support 1x1x6 Solid Pillar".

21 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

You’ve actually stumbled across one of the things that irk me about the movie adaptation. In the books Ginny’s Pygmy Puff Arnold is purple, but in the movies they made him pink. Wonder why Warner Bros. went out of their way to change it to the more stereotypically ‘girly’ color :hmpf_bad:, not that I think Ginny would necessarily hate the color but it’s annoying that they think we need the color pink to tell us ‘this character is a girl!’

Oh, I didn't know that! Same thing they did with Hermione though. Her yule ball dress was blue in the books and pink in the movies. I guess they really needed to highlight that these are indeed two girls lol

35 minutes ago, Mariella said:

I only had an extra 1x2x5 tan brick (and a 1x2x1 tan brick) but that didn't look good up there so I actually removed the tan column from the ground floor of the Great Hall tower, used it in the Astronomy Tower and put the 1x2x5 in the Great Hall tower instead. Looks good there because the floors above use the same piece. If you don't have that either you'll have to get one of the columns I guess, it's called a "Support 1x1x6 Solid Pillar".

Thanks! I am building the Astronomy Tower this evening and will try that out. Can’t wait to connect it to the rest of Hogwarts.

I was examining the box this morning and am now more convinced than ever that the designers never intended for those white doorways to be used. The LEGO Astronomy Tower has such a beautiful, delicate design that I imagine it didn’t probably pass the safety/playability test that all LEGO sets have to go through before production.

The unsophisticated solution was to add all these white doorways to give the build additional support and stability. Whatever the case may be, all of those white doorways are going straight into my spare parts bin. I won’t be using any of them.

11 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Fellow Lego aficionados, is there a website that tells of how many bags are in a set? If not, how many bags are in the Burrow set?

I don't know about a website, but The Burrow has 7 numbered bags and one bag of large plates.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I don't know about a website, but The Burrow has 7 numbered bags and one bag of large plates.

??, thats 1 more than the Astronomy Tower, now I’m seriously excited about getting that set ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

??, thats 1 more than the Astronomy Tower, now I’m seriously excited about getting that set ?

You should be . :classic: I mean, it has green flames and a pig. What more could you want? :laugh:

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

As for Fang, I actually think there is still a chance.  I couldn't believe it, but when I went back to rewatch the movies recently, Fang isn't in Prisoner of Azkaban (he's in the book, of course).  But as the recent Hagrid's hut was completely POA-based, I think Fang could (and MUST!) still show up somewhere. 

If we do not get him in the CMF series now, I think a small forbidden forest set with him, Harry, Draco and a centaur etc is a no brainer :wink:

You should be . :classic: I mean, it has green flames and a pig. What more could you want? :laugh:

Two pigs :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck

Wait, it comes with a pig?! I love Lego animals and more animals makes me happy (genuinely didn’t know it comes with one ?)

on a side note, are they not allowed to use CMF parts in sets? The mandrake in the CMF is so much better than the 4 in the Astronomy Tower

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Wait, it comes with a pig?! I love Lego animals and more animals makes me happy (genuinely didn’t know it comes with one ?)

Haha yes it has the same pig as in the new Pirate Bay set. :pir-sweet:

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I mean, it has green flames and a pig. What more could you want? :laugh:

I think this should be the standard against which we measure all future sets.  :thumbup:  :grin:

In all seriousness, my copy of The Burrow sans-minifigures should be arriving in a matter of hours, and I'm super excited!

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Haha yes it has the same pig as in the new Pirate Bay set. :pir-sweet:

Ooh, exciting ?

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

my copy of The Burrow sans-minifigures

genuine questions from someone who loves collecting minifigures and they are what make a set for me, what made you decide to purchase it minus the figures? ☺️

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wonder how long it will be until we see the Advent Calendar, seeing as Star Wars one just got officially revealed. 

Hopefully this week! I’m excited.

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ooh, exciting ?

genuine questions from someone who loves collecting minifigures and they are what make a set for me, what made you decide to purchase it minus the figures? ☺️

I have the figures from the original Burrow, and the one without figures was $60 US on eBay (since the set hasn't even been released yet in the US, that's a pretty good deal for me).  I did the same with the Astronomy Tower, because the Slug Club figures are so niche, I figured I could live without them.  The only problem would be if I change my mind and decide I do want the new figures, which could happen.  :laugh: 

I mean, I do want them, but to me the builds are the most important to me.

14 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I think this should be the standard against which we measure all future sets.  :thumbup:  :grin:

In all seriousness, my copy of The Burrow sans-minifigures should be arriving in a matter of hours, and I'm super excited!

I think so right? ?

Exiting - it's a great build!

22 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

on a side note, are they not allowed to use CMF parts in sets? The mandrake in the CMF is so much better than the 4 in the Astronomy Tower

Some of them are but the difference in Mandrakes here is because the CMF depicted a baby and the CMF2/Astronomy Tower version (different printing, I know) are depicting a fully grown specimen.

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If we do not get him in the CMF series now, I think a small forbidden forest set with him, Harry, Draco and a centaur etc is a no brainer :wink:

I agree. This is my dream set. But the etc here is very important to me! :head_back: It could mean the first ever LEGO unicorn! 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Some of them are but the difference in Mandrakes here is because the CMF depicted a baby and the CMF2/Astronomy Tower version (different printing, I know) are depicting a fully grown specimen.

But the fully grown mandrakes look like actual babies (they have a piece for that) these just look like tubes of nothingness