Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

So what do we think the chances are that next year the ‘Hogwarts’ expansion set will be the bell towers? 

my evidence is that every set Hogwarts Castle Set from the original 2001 ha had it’s buildings represented in the new line:

2001 - Grand Staircase Tower and Great hall - remade in the great hall set

2004 - the clock tower and Griffindor tower - remade in the clocktower and whomping willow sets

2007 - the west wing and greenhouse - remade in the astronomy tower set

2010 - the only new building there was the astronomy tower - remade in the new set

2011 had a set called hogwarts that was essentially the bell towers. Whilst it’s not a concrete theory, it would make sense that next year would see that as the expansion, it could connect nicely to the back of the west wing/green house/room of requirement (whichever is your furthest right in your display) and they could even include the Owlery as a side build as it is in that direction of the castle

 

thoughts?

Highly likely tbh, this and a Battle of Hogwarts courtyard set would be two great additions to the modular Hogwarts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whovastron said:

2011 had a set called hogwarts that was essentially the bell towers. Whilst it’s not a concrete theory, it would make sense that next year would see that as the expansion, it could connect nicely to the back of the west wing/green house/room of requirement (whichever is your furthest right in your display) and they could even include the Owlery as a side build as it is in that direction of the castle

Imo the 2011 doesn't look anything like the Belltowers, aside from it having 2 towers there are no similarities. I'm pretty positive that set is supposed to represent the courtyard entrance with the viaduct that was redesigned for DH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realised something.

In the 2020 wave there are no stud shooters! *oh2*

(Only noticing because I’m currently building Quidditch Match... it’s a lovely set but boy is that stud shooter for the Quaffle forced into the set.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The catalog for the second half of the year was leaked, shouldn't it have all the details about the DA set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lerux said:

The catalog for the second half of the year was leaked, shouldn't it have all the details about the DA set?

Those catalogs don't show D2C sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone saying that we need a new mould for Mrs Norris, but I quite like the one we got in 2010 image.jpeg.90f100062530d6c1f7f22ed914f3a43b.jpeg                                                                                                                          Mrs. Norris | Brickipedia | Fandom               It may not be screen accurate, but I recon with a bit of recolouring, We could see a good Mrs Norris in the upcoming years using this piece.

On a completely unrelated topic, I was thinking about possible Ron variants ( if we don't get the poly juice potion version) and I could see us getting a Ron in his school uniform (In the same style as Harry in the room of requirement) with a patronus Jack Russel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy269 said:

but I quite like the one we got in 2010

Whilst I agree with don’t need a new mould for Mrs Norris (Crookshanks 100% needs one), that piece would be awful for Mrs Norris because that is clearly a playful cat and Mrs Norris is anything but playful, the cat piece used for Crookshanks in the CMF would be fine for Mrs Norris with some printed fur detailing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I agree with don’t need a new mould for Mrs Norris (Crookshanks 100% needs one), that piece would be awful for Mrs Norris because that is clearly a playful cat and Mrs Norris is anything but playful, the cat piece used for Crookshanks in the CMF would be fine for Mrs Norris with some printed fur detailing

I don't think that the mould that was used for crookshanks works for crookshanks or ms norris. It doesn't look anything like the ones from the movie. It is too tall and too thin. Although it is too playful for Mrs Norris, the old one has that fluffy cat look and I think works better than the more recent cat mould.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KilZol said:

Do we know whether there will be a gift with purchase this year.

It's currently unknown. I think it's now safe to say that KNN has been officially debunked, so his Hogsmeade GWP was made up, but it is still entirely possible that there will be a GWP to go along with 75978. No real evidence either way, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nope. Kingnono was debunked so his micro Hogsmeade GWP isn’t happening

Well, we don’t know that it ISN’T happening.  It actually sounds quite plausible to me.  It’s just that we can’t trust Kingnono, so we’ll have to wait and see.  

If there is a GWP, I sincerely hope it is offered at the same time as the D2C is released, rather than months later, as was the case with the “UCS” Hogwarts and the micro Diagon Alley.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy269 said:

On a completely unrelated topic, I was thinking about possible Ron variants ( if we don't get the poly juice potion version) and I could see us getting a Ron in his school uniform (In the same style as Harry in the room of requirement) with a patronus Jack Russel. 

Honestly, I was sort of hoping that Ron and his patronus would be a polybag/GWP type thing. But that was back when we were assuming that Luna’s patronus would just be a recolor of the preexisting rabbit piece. The reveal of the new hare, and more recent confirmation that Lego seems to be making all the patronuses hollow (presumably the plastic they’re using doesn’t look right when it’s molded too thick), sort of nixes that idea though, since Ron can’t just use a recolor of the current terrier mold. 
 

Ron and his patronus wouldn’t be a bad idea, but the matching versions of Harry and Hermione already exist in a set, and I’m not sure if Lego would want to do a mismatched trio (they were all clearly matching in series 1 after all). I’d personally put my money on A) a currently unseen matching trio modeled off a specific movie scene (I’ve favored the CoS polyjuice scene as a possibility since long before kingnono started his fake hints) + plus the leaked HBP Harry as a second version (like invisibility cloak Harry from series 1), or 2) the leaked HBP Harry is the only Harry, and is accompanied by HBP versions of Ron and Hermione (perhaps Ron in his quidditch gear and Hermione in her spectating outfit plus her flock of conjured birds - although I guess those would match more with Luna than Harry in this case). Ron with his patronus is still a possibility (see the DC series from earlier this year that had first appearance Batman and Wonder Woman, but surprised people by featuring a later version of Superman), but given the lack of unique outfit to go with an admittedly desirable accessory, I still would bet on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

So what do we think the chances are that next year the ‘Hogwarts’ expansion set will be the bell towers?

my evidence is that every set Hogwarts Castle Set from the original 2001 ha had it’s buildings represented in the new line:

2011 had a set called hogwarts that was essentially the bell towers. Whilst it’s not a concrete theory, it would make sense that next year would see that as the expansion, it could connect nicely to the back of the west wing/green house/room of requirement (whichever is your furthest right in your display) and they could even include the Owlery as a side build as it is in that direction of the castle

 

thoughts?

Yes expect so, and it should be another $/£100 set, however I think this would be the first castle set of a section never mentioned by name in the movies, or ever given the visual/audio focus like the clock tower was in PoA, so they might call it something else like ‘the whomping willow’ was, such as ‘battle of Hogwarts’ etc 

You might have seen them before but I have made a small sketch model for a ‘Bell Towers’ set, based on the DH movie when they arrive and destroy the diadem:

LEGO Hogwarts Bell Towers

The sections would eventually combine with others into this possible combination to complete the courtyard if you wanted:

Lego Hogwarts Courtyard Floor-plan Concept

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I agree with don’t need a new mould for Mrs Norris (Crookshanks 100% needs one), that piece would be awful for Mrs Norris because that is clearly a playful cat and Mrs Norris is anything but playful, the cat piece used for Crookshanks in the CMF would be fine for Mrs Norris with some printed fur detailing

I agree with you. Crookshanks clearly needs a new mould that has a wider and flatter face that's a bit fluffier all around.

Fang is another animal I think needs a new mould. Clearly Lego doesn't think it's worth making, but I could see new cat and dog moulds being in City or Modular.

I actually ordered the owl with one eye closed (which was in a little City Fireman set) off of Bricks and Pieces as I think it'd be a nice little inclusion in the Harry Potter sets I have.

It's also a shame that the films never included Pigwidgeon, or else we could've had a shorter owl mould. At least we got the wings spread Hedwig (which I hope is recoloured gold for Dumbledore's lecturn).

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I agree with don’t need a new mould for Mrs Norris (Crookshanks 100% needs one), that piece would be awful for Mrs Norris because that is clearly a playful cat and Mrs Norris is anything but playful, the cat piece used for Crookshanks in the CMF would be fine for Mrs Norris with some printed fur detailing

I really like the Lego Harry Potter game Crookshanks. Is that based on a real piece or did they make it up for the games?

Edited by sammy_zammy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking (again) about how terrible the piece they used for the sword of Gryffindor. The one in the Excalibur Batman  would work so perfectly, yet they didn’t use it. Hopefully we will get it for the Gryffindor sword in the upcoming year

Edited by Tommy9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

I was thinking (again) about how terrible the piece they used for the sword of Gryffindor. The one in the Excalibur Batman  would work so perfectly, yet they didn’t use it. Hopefully we will get it for the Gryffindor sword in the upcoming year

Honestly, I just miss the old chromed swords. Pearl silver just doesn’t cut it for the Sword of Gryffindor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I really like the Lego Harry Potter game Crookshanks. Is that based on a real piece or did they make it up for the games?

It's made up

3 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

I was thinking (again) about how terrible the piece they used for the sword of Gryffindor. The one in the Excalibur Batman  would work so perfectly, yet they didn’t use it. Hopefully we will get it for the Gryffindor sword in the upcoming year

It's still not perfect but I ordered a couple of greatswords to use as the Sword of Gryffindor. It's the sword that comes with the Tournament Knight which is now available on B&P :wink:

7 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

It's also a shame that the films never included Pigwidgeon, or else we could've had a shorter owl mould. At least we got the wings spread Hedwig (which I hope is recoloured gold for Dumbledore's lecturn).

It's definetely a shame they never used him in the movies but I do actually believe he's in the new Burrow set (albeit not entirely accurate). A day after the latest wave got revealed I posted a pretty detailed explanation as to why I believe the brown owl in the Burrow set is supposed to be Pig. I've put the specific comment bellow if you want to read it:

On 4/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I just looked at the Burrow for another while and I started thinking the inclusion of a brown owl just doesn't make any sense. So I did some digging:

- The gray owl (originally created for Errol) first appeared in 2010 and last in 2011

- The brown owl first appeared in 2010 and last in 2013

This basically means the brown owl has returned to production after a 7 year hiatus. But as the owl that was specifically made for Errol hasn't been reused I highly doubt the designers included this brown owl as Errol as they could've just returned his old version to production. But if this owl isn't Errol and Hedwig is already included it's inclusion wouldn't make any sense based on the movies, most of you will now probably now where I'm heading with this. What I also noticed is the positioning of the owl in questino, we see it in the following 4 places:

1. On the roof

2. On the ground

3. On Ron's hand

4. In Ron's room

The first 2 placements are fairly easy to ignore but the last 2 wouldn't make any sense if this was just a random owl. This means there are only 2 possible answers to the mystery of the Burrow's brown owl:

1. I have completely lost my mind because of the quarantine

2. This owl is supposed to be Pigwidgeon (even though the exact coloring and especially the size isn't right)

I'm going with option 2 and even if some of you guys disagree it's still going to be in my lego-headcanon :tongue: 

Case closed 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I saw someone saying that we need a new mould for Mrs Norris, but I quite like the one we got in 2010 image.jpeg.90f100062530d6c1f7f22ed914f3a43b.jpeg                                                                                                                          Mrs. Norris | Brickipedia | Fandom               It may not be screen accurate, but I recon with a bit of recolouring, We could see a good Mrs Norris in the upcoming years using this piece.

On a completely unrelated topic, I was thinking about possible Ron variants ( if we don't get the poly juice potion version) and I could see us getting a Ron in his school uniform (In the same style as Harry in the room of requirement) with a patronus Jack Russel. 

Fun fact, this is also the WORST lego part to step on. Happy we got a new cat mould around the time of the lego movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question. Why are the 2x2 round bricks with technic holes grey in the astronomy tower set? It first I thought they must be colour locked pieces. However you actually get a ton of them in brick yellow in the Hogwarts D2C. So what gives Lego? (Although it is good to know I can go order some to complete it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I have a question. Why are the 2x2 round bricks with technic holes grey in the astronomy tower set? It first I thought they must be colour locked pieces. However you actually get a ton of them in brick yellow in the Hogwarts D2C. So what gives Lego? (Although it is good to know I can go order some to complete it)

Maybe they are more expensive to produce? I don't know, but it's definitely not because they thought it would look cooler like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I have a question. Why are the 2x2 round bricks with technic holes grey in the astronomy tower set? It first I thought they must be colour locked pieces. However you actually get a ton of them in brick yellow in the Hogwarts D2C. So what gives Lego? (Although it is good to know I can go order some to complete it)

Because every single Hogwarts set we've gotten so far has used light grey bricks with technic holes in them for the ''Hogwarts attachement'' feature, making them tan in the Astronomy Tower would break consistency (something they didn't pay attention to when it comes to the roof).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's definetely a shame they never used him in the movies but I do actually believe he's in the new Burrow set (albeit not entirely accurate). A day after the latest wave got revealed I posted a pretty detailed explanation as to why I believe the brown owl in the Burrow set is supposed to be Pig. I've put the specific comment bellow if you want to read it:

I agree with you the brown owl is not a ideal Errol, and I hope we get a grey owl in the future with a new print, maybe Percy in the CMF?

My theory is that the brown owl was brought back for the Privet drive set foremost: to tie into the play feature and details of the letters, and to compliment the street sign build which is is an image straight from the first movie.

Then when they designed the Burrow they wanted another owl to compliment it, but they couldn’t afford a new print/colour so the just used the same one already prepared for production. People are free to use the brown owl as Errol, pigwidgeon or any other owl as they please :), and it does look like they want you to use it as Ron’s owl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the book, the tower with owls is signed with the courtyard of training. So she is in the set 75953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I've decided that if I can just have Diagon Alley, I will skip the Forbidden Forest, the Buildable Hedwig, the Collectible Minifigure Series, and the Advent Calendar.  :sweet:

Does anyone else have the feeling that, when this set is revealed, it will completely blow them away and be their favorite set of all time?  Or is that just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:


I've decided that if I can just have Diagon Alley, I will skip the Forbidden Forest, the Buildable Hedwig, the Collectible Minifigure Series, and the Advent Calendar.  :sweet:

Does anyone else have the feeling that, when this set is revealed, it will completely blow them away and be their favorite set of all time?  Or is that just me?

I'm torn on this subject. I really want this set to be the best set ever but I don't know if I'm willing to spend that much money on a single set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.