Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, joeee said:

YetiZombie, you managed to pinpoint something that LEGO could make that I REALLY want.

Ahh, the dream would be to have a torso where that sweater isn't ripped...and then a sweater that IS.

In regards to this again, I am a massive fan of getting different variants of the same character. I love getting new characters, but I also really love getting different versions of the same character. That is something this rebooted theme has excelled at. So getting a ripped sweater AND a non ripped sweater would be amazing. I don’t like it when the variants are not accurate though, like Harry and Ron in The Burrow and Privet Drive this year. That really bothers me because we could have gotten new versions of them.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m regards to this again, I am a massive fan of getting different variants of the same character. I love getting new characters, but I also really love getting different versions of the same character. That is something this rebooted theme has excelled at. So getting a ripped sweater AND a non ripped sweater would be amazing. I don’t like it when the variants are not accurate though, like Harry and Ron in The Burrow and Privet Drive this year. That really bothers me because we could have gotten new versions of them.

Im using my second red ron sweater for PS/SS Harry, so im fine with the inaccuracy

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Im using my second red ron sweater for PS/SS Harry, so im fine with the inaccuracy

That’s a really good idea actually, it’s pretty close, definitely passable for that version. I might do the same now, thanks for the idea

17 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

JK Rowling as a person and her statements are 100% OFF TOPIC. Not up for debate.

Get back to LEGO now.

Thank you. This is all I was asking for.

24 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I could not disagree with this more.

Please don't disagree with me asking for people to treat each other with respect. And if it's a UK issue that I have no place in having an opinion on. Then it should not be being brought up in a worldwide LEGO forum. 

1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

Thank you. This is all I was asking for.

You thank me and then continue the discussion?

That's a big NOPE! Anybody else continuing and I'll lock the topic again for a few hours.

Taking @Falconfan1414’s latest statement into account, and acknowledging that noknow’s clues were hot air...

It sounds like we are on track to get a D2C Diagon Alley set that will not feature Borgin & Burke’s and will probably be a system scale version of the Diagon Alley GWP. 

Given these new developments, I’m curious to hear which minifigs folks expect for this set. 

My updated list includes:

- Hagrid

- Harry Potter 

- Gringott’s Goblins x 2

- Ollivander

- Gilderoy Lockhart

- Lucius Malfoy

- Draco Malfoy 

- Ginny Weasley

- Dean Thomas 

- Angelina Johnson 

- Cho Chang

- Hermione Granger

- Ron Weasley 

- Fred Weasley

- George Weasley

- Tom the Innkeeper 

Finally finished building the burrow, it is absolutely beautiful!

I'm still asking how to order all the sets:

Umq9FlJ.jpg

ylGpXoa.jpg

kUvAIXf.jpg

Is the Room of Requierment supposed to be connected to the modukars Hogwarts sets? Because as far as I know there is no official description from Lego to how.to connect it.

I want to cry every morning I get up and lego.com.au still says "coming soon" for the Burrow and Student Packs! :'(

Edited by chris6507
Accidentally quoted irrelevant post.

13 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

- Tom the Innkeeper 

Where would you put Tom as the GWP didn't include the Leaky Cauldron? The rest of your list seems pretty logical to me and I hope it to turn out mostly true :sweet:

8 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Finally finished building the burrow, it is absolutely beautiful!

I'm still asking how to order all the sets:

Umq9FlJ.jpg

Is the Room of Requierment supposed to be connected to the modukars Hogwarts sets? Because as far as I know there is no official description from Lego to how.to connect it.

Your layout looks great. Love the lighting. I would recommend moving the section of castle that you currently have Hermione standing on over to the left so it’s between the Great Hall and the Yule Ball segments. It makes for a much smoother and more linear display. 

There is no official recommendation from LEGO on where to put the Room of Requirement, but I think it looks best connected to the Greenhouse and facing inward so it forms a bit of a semi circle around the back of the Astronomy Tower set. 

3 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Where would you put Tom as the GWP didn't include the Leaky Cauldron? The rest of your list seems pretty logical to me and I hope it to turn out mostly true :sweet:

The same place they put Fred and George in the 2011 Diagon Alley that had no Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes ?

7 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

The same place they put Fred and George in the 2011 Diagon Alley that had no Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes ?

In the middle of the street! :-D

I'm seriously so happy with what LEGO has done with this theme. If we get Padma and Parvati and the weasley twins as we are all hoping/predicting I would be 100% satisfied after only 3 years if this was the last wave (Definitely not predicting or hoping this is the case). There's the odd side character missing, but on the whole we already have basically every main character you could think of! It's AWESOME! :-D

Oops, forgetting, Lockhart and Rita aren't confirmed in anything yet! :-D

Edited by chris6507
Forgot someone!

13 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I have a strong feeling that the D2C will include some part of the Leaky Cauldron in addition to the GWP layout - even if it’s just the moving brick wall with some kind of action element - because it’s such an iconic part of Diagon Alley. I’d personally just put him right by that brick wall. I’d also swap out Quality Quidditch Supplies (even though that scene with the Firebolt in the shop window is also iconic) for a bit of the Leaky Cauldron in a heart beat.

Edited by sebastian666

36 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Taking @Falconfan1414’s latest statement into account, and acknowledging that noknow’s clues were hot air...

It sounds like we are on track to get a D2C Diagon Alley set that will not feature Borgin & Burke’s and will probably be a system scale version of the Diagon Alley GWP. 

Given these new developments, I’m curious to hear which minifigs folks expect for this set. 

My updated list includes:

- Hagrid

- Harry Potter 

- Gringott’s Goblins x 2

- Ollivander

- Gilderoy Lockhart

- Lucius Malfoy

- Draco Malfoy 

- Ginny Weasley

- Dean Thomas 

- Angelina Johnson 

- Cho Chang

- Hermione Granger

- Ron Weasley 

- Fred Weasley

- George Weasley

- Tom the Innkeeper 

Borgin and Burke would make for a great set down the line if it’s seperate. However, I would love for the Leaky Cauldron to be included in the D2C, it may not look like much but it’s crucial to the Diagon Alley dynamic and would be a superb part of the display

48 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Here's my predictions

1. Rubeus Hagrid

2. Harry Potter (All Students except F&G are in 1st/2nd Year appearances)

3. Ron Weasley

4. Hermione Granger

5. Griphook (PS/SS)

6. Bogrod (more likely than a nameless Goblin)

7. Ollivander

8. Ginny Weasley

9. Gilderoy Lockhart

10. Fred Weasley

11. George Weasley

12. Lucius Malfoy

13. Draco Malfoy

14. Dean Thomas (Because he stared into the QQS window in PS/SS)

15. Daedalus Diggle 

16. Doris Crockford

17. Daily Prophet Reporter (for F&B)

18. Not exactly characters, but I expect QQS to feature 1-2 sets of Quidditch robes on mannequins (I'd hope for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but more likely it'd be Gryffindor and Slytherin)

...Obviously, those last five are far less necessary, but I think they or something of their sort is rather likely.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

You thank me and then continue the discussion?

That's a big NOPE! Anybody else continuing and I'll lock the topic again for a few hours.

This thread has been closed down like three times now lol

16 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Here's my predictions

1. Rubeus Hagrid

2. Harry Potter (All Students except F&G are in 1st/2nd Year appearances)

3. Ron Weasley

4. Hermione Granger

5. Griphook (PS/SS)

6. Bogrod (more likely than a nameless Goblin)

7. Ollivander

8. Ginny Weasley

9. Gilderoy Lockhart

10. Fred Weasley

11. George Weasley

12. Lucius Malfoy

13. Draco Malfoy

14. Dean Thomas (Because he stared into the QQS window in PS/SS)

15. Daedalus Diggle 

16. Doris Crockford

17. Daily Prophet Reporter (for F&B)

18. Not exactly characters, but I expect QQS to feature 1-2 sets of Quidditch robes on mannequins (I'd hope for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but more likely it'd be Gryffindor and Slytherin)

...Obviously, those last five are far less necessary, but I think they or something of their sort is rather likely.

Love these predictions. Especially the “random” witch and wizard - Daedalus and Doris - and the “mannequins” with the quidditch robes. I think loads of fans are hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes.

Edited by sebastian666

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Love these predictions. Especially the “random” witch and wizard - Daedalus and Doris - and the “mannequins” with the quidditch robes. I think loads of fans are hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes.

Oh yes!!! I would LOVE to see Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch uniforms. Would much prefer they weren't exclusive to Diagon Alley though. It would cost a FORTUNE to make a team! :-D

My apologies if i've been posting too many replies. I'm having to settle with "talking" about LEGO since I can't "build" any. I was so excited for Junes releases, but then it turned out nothing outside Friends, City, Hidden Side and Dots were actually being released in June in Australia. Rofl.

Edited by chris6507

21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Didn’t even think of that but it would be a great way to introduce the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes as exclusives. It would make some people really mad but that’s inevitable with anything exclusive. I’m sure they would pop up again down the line in other sets

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Didn’t even think of that but it would be a great way to introduce the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes as exclusives. It would make some people really mad but that’s inevitable with anything exclusive. I’m sure they would pop up again down the line in other sets

I think they should do an identical remake of Quidditch Match, just make all the stands the same this time and have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw figs

27 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think they should do an identical remake of Quidditch Match, just make all the stands the same this time and have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw figs

I keep thinking the exact same thing. But I've been trying to think what they could do different with the set, because I think the chances of LEGO releasing an identical set just with different minifigures has a slim to none chance of happening. Personally, I can see the value in an identical set, but just don't think it would happen.

22 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I keep thinking the exact same thing. But I've been trying to think what they could do different with the set, because I think the chances of LEGO releasing an identical set just with different minifigures has a slim to none chance of happening. Personally, I can see the value in an identical set, but just don't think it would happen.

Personally, I’d be happy with a minifigure pack now that they’re on the table. It’s not even like they’d have to use unnamed characters for it - Cho Chang, Roger Davies, Cedric Diggory, and Zacharias Smith - there, two from each house. Add in a little side build, a bunch of broomsticks and the golden snitch and you’ve got a perfect little accessory pack.  

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally, I’d be happy with a minifigure pack now that they’re on the table. It’s not even like they’d have to use unnamed characters for it - Cho Chang, Roger Davies, Cedric Diggory, and Zacharias Smith - there, two from each house. Add in a little side build, a bunch of broomsticks and the golden snitch and you’ve got a perfect little accessory pack.  

I think it's more likely that, much like the current Student Pack, they'd include one figure from each house, so one could build up all four teams equally. I also think they wouldn't include any of the characters who appeared in that pack.

That being said, my vision of a Quidditch pack would include Angelina Johnson, Cedric Diggory, Adrian Pucey, and Roger Davies, with builds featuring a chest of Quidditch balls, as well as a broomstick cart, with brooms for all four players.

Much like 40419, this set would include three new prints: a new face for Angelina, a pair of white legs with shinguards to be used on all four figures, and a new print on a dark red Technic ball for a more accurate Quaffle. 

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

a new print on a dark red Technic ball for a more accurate Quaffle

Ugh, yeah, the biggest let down of the Quidditch set is that they felt the need to make the Quaffle stud shooter compatible :hmpf_bad:

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Ugh, yeah, the biggest let down of the Quidditch set is that they felt the need to make the Quaffle stud shooter compatible :hmpf_bad:

No, that's only #2. The BIGGEST let down is that they felt the need to make the Bludgers black studs. At least the Quaffle is somewhat ball-esque...