Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

This is weirdly specific but I hope we get a new Harry minifigure in this outfit at some point. There are so many iconic scenes from PS where he's wearing that sweater.

harry potter mirror of erisad 4.jpg

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This is weirdly specific but I hope we get a new Harry minifigure in this outfit at some point. There are so many iconic scenes from PS where he's wearing that sweater.

I hope after next year (which will probably be focusing on Year 7) thye start revisiting movies again and they give us sets like finale of PS with all the challenges, for example Fluffy trapdoor, vine room, key room, chess room and mirror room. It could make a really nice set.

23 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

So Idk if this had been stated before but the release dates are up on the website for US Lego Shop... August 1st confirmed fellow Yankees!

LOL they’ve been there since late April (albeit briefly listed as July 1).  No shame, though, this thread moves quickly.  :wink:  It’s a rough time to be a Yankee.

Meh...in other news, JK Rowling keeps demonstrating on social media that she is completely crazy.  Maybe I will just get the Hidden Side castle instead...but who am I kidding?  I will probably just be a hypocrite and get the Astronomy Tower.  :ugh:

I ordered the Burrow from Brickshop.eu Cost me $120 with taxes shipping and euro conversion fee. I ordered it on the 2nd and it came on the 5th

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Meh...in other news, JK Rowling keeps demonstrating on social media that she is completely crazy.  Maybe I will just get the Hidden Side castle instead...but who am I kidding?  I will probably just be a hypocrite and get the Astronomy Tower.  :ugh:

As much as hate to admit it, in this particular case I try to separate the art from the artist. It's a lot easier when it's an author going bananas rather than a youtuber, a comedic or an actor since you don't have to see their face when enjoying the content :tongue: Also, I see the sets as LEGO products rather than hers (at least that's what I'm telling myself to sleep better). 

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

finale of PS with all the challenges, for example Fluffy trapdoor, vine room, key room, chess room and mirror room

Yep, these scenes are too iconic for LEGO to completely skip over them

10 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Whilst I disagree with everything she says, it doesn’t make anything she’s made any less beautiful, and not buying Lego sets because of it isn’t not giving her money, just Lego, Lego will have already paid her for the rights ?

Hi guys, havent been here for a while. Is there anything new revealed about the D2C set?

Edited by Melle_24

Just now, Melle_24 said:

Hi guys, havent been here forma while. Is there anything new revealed about the D2C set?

Falcon mentioned that we're getting something we're expecting and also proofing something else wrong that King No Know claimed.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok well here is something. More evidence is going to come out to show a certain someone is even more wrong. There is a big set coming and it will be what people want it to be

15 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I disagree with everything she says, it doesn’t make anything she’s made any less beautiful, and not buying Lego sets because of it isn’t not giving her money, just Lego, Lego will have already paid her for the rights ?

The way I see it, with the world the way it is right now there’s hardly anything you can buy that won’t put money in the pockets of someone with unpalatable social stances. Since she’s one of the few people to get off the billionaires list by donating to charity, I see JKR as at least being a better option than someone like Jeff Bezos, even if I am disgusted by what she’s saying on Twitter right now. And it always does well to remember that most of the money you pay for merchandise goes the company who designed and made it, only a very small percentage of it would be for royalties (and as you said, that’s already been paid before the products hit the shelves anyway). 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

The way I see it, with the world the way it is right now there’s hardly anything you can buy that won’t put money in the pockets of someone with unpalatable social stances. Since she’s one of the few people to get off the billionaires list by donating to charity, I see JKR as at least being a better option than someone like Jeff Bezos, even if I am disgusted by what she’s saying on Twitter right now. And it always does well to remember that most of the money you pay for merchandise goes the company who designed and made it, only a very small percentage of it would be for royalties (and as you said, that’s already been paid before the products hit the shelves anyway). 

Exactly, she’s bad, but she’s not the worst of the worst, and tbh, I can ignore what she says online because I follow that many people she hardly shows up, it’s more people moaning about her that I see ??

13 minutes ago, Salix said:

Falcon mentioned that we're getting something we're expecting and also proofing something else wrong that King No Know claimed.

This forum is difficult to read, as nearly each page I have visited is full of cryptic messages.

"will be what people want it to be"  Isn't that a bit presumptuous?  I have been hoping for an expansion to the Hogwarts UCS, since it is missing so much of the castle.  

Just now, teos said:

This forum is difficult to read, as nearly each page I have visited is full of cryptic messages.

"will be what people want it to be"  Isn't that a bit presumptuous?  I have been hoping for an expansion to the Hogwarts UCS, since it is missing so much of the castle.  

I wouldn’t say it’s all that cryptic because most people want a D2C Diagon Alley, people is plural, person is singular, you are person, not people ??

it’s a joke btw, before anyone actually gets offended/upset

lol I can’t help but laugh at all the “progressive” political opinions that continue to arise in this forum. The HP thread is so woke, you should be so proud. It’s adorable. Really. 

Let’s talk about Lego Harry Potter though. That red sweater version of Harry would be perfect to save for a SS set with Fluffy and some of the other traps and enchantments guarding the stone. I really hope we get that set soon

Politics and what people say really need to stay out of this thread, because there are two sides to every political argument. Just because some people disagree with what J.K. Rowling has said, doesn't mean there aren't others, thinking, finally someone has come out and said something opposing the current political fads. We live in a stupid society right now where the general population backs some political agenda and anything they say is praised, and anything on the other side if the fence is treated as heresy. People are different, and people have different views. There is nothing wrong with that. People are crying out for people to be respected and treated with dignity, but forget to treat the opinion of people with opposing views with the same respect and dignity.

That's why I feel this thread should stick to LEGO because it's the one thing everyone enjoys and agrees on.

I apologise for my small rant. I am not siding with anyone. Just getting a little sick of our society that seems to be unable to remember that people can "agree to disagree". Just because someone believes or feels different to you, does not make them WRONG!

So... LEGO??? :-D

YetiZombie, you managed to pinpoint something that LEGO could make that I REALLY want.

Ahh, the dream would be to have a torso where that sweater isn't ripped...and then a sweater that IS.

16 minutes ago, joeee said:

Ahh, the dream would be to have a torso where that sweater isn't ripped...and then a sweater that IS. 

Would be awesome to get these two sets: a smaller set with Harry wearing a non-ripped sweater and Dumbledore in the Mirror of Erised room (my favorite scene in the movie if not in the entire series), and a larger set with scenes from the finale as others have mentioned (fluffy, chess set, final room) including a Harry with the ripped sweater.

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I reckon this is almost the perfect template for an awesome Philosophers Stone Set:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=7623-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

It's the Indiana Jones Temple Escape set for anyone who doesn't want to look at the link. 

Yes! Or even something like this Ideas project, which also happens to be Indiana Jones: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7b3163aa-f97d-49ec-b230-176a94bc5626.

36 minutes ago, joeee said:

YetiZombie, you managed to pinpoint something that LEGO could make that I REALLY want.

That would be wonderful! 

17 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yes! Or even something like this Ideas project, which also happens to be Indiana Jones: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7b3163aa-f97d-49ec-b230-176a94bc5626.

Little bit bigger would be nice though! :-D

I kind of imagine something like the Indiana Jones escape set but with like a Batcave transformation type set up at the start. So there is a small upper level with small decorations and fluffy which drops down to the lower levels with vines and plant pieces representing devils snare on the way down. Then at the bottom it's more like the indiana jones set with a door leading to keys (In place of IJ Ball Room), door through to chess (In place of IJ Tile Room), and then finally through to the mirror (In Place of IJ Idol Room). I think this would look super fun. But I am a little biased as that Indiana Jones set is one of my all time favourite sets.

You could also get your Torso variations here in a Batcave type change over (Might have to be a little more enclosed with devils snare stickers/pieces around the transformation chamber for this scenario). Trio go into the trap door with Fluffy in regular costumes and pop out the bottom with torn up outfits and scratched faces (may be a little early, but who cares). With Quirrel it would be 7 figs and fluffy if you did this. Not unreasonable for my proposed set size either! :-D

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Politics and what people say really need to stay out of this thread, because there are two sides to every political argument. Just because some people disagree with what J.K. Rowling has said, doesn't mean there aren't others, thinking, finally someone has come out and said something opposing the current political fads. We live in a stupid society right now where the general population backs some political agenda and anything they say is praised, and anything on the other side if the fence is treated as heresy. People are different, and people have different views. There is nothing wrong with that. People are crying out for people to be respected and treated with dignity, but forget to treat the opinion of people with opposing views with the same respect and dignity.

That's why I feel this thread should stick to LEGO because it's the one thing everyone enjoys and agrees on.

I apologise for my small rant. I am not siding with anyone. Just getting a little sick of our society that seems to be unable to remember that people can "agree to disagree". Just because someone believes or feels different to you, does not make them WRONG!

So... LEGO??? :-D

I could not disagree with your statement around “political fads” more. This is a forum for rumors and discussion around LEGO Harry Potter, and JK Rowling’s statements have very real implications on the future of this line and the Harry Potter brand in general.

To be clear - Human rights are not a matter of opinion or debate. Black lives matter. Trans lives matter. LEGO as a brand has come out publicly in support of these statements. LEGO’s position on these issues effects representation in future sets including the rumored D2C Diagon Alley set. 

The color of specific minifigs representing minority communities, which has been hotly debated here, is part of this. I, for one, feel certain that LEGO would not release a set based on the Wizarding World community that does not feature some characters of color - Dean Thomas, Angelina Johnson, Cho Chang, etc.

Regarding JK Rowling’s specific comments - I feel like if you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom, you cannot really comment on this. Rowling is referring to some very specific policies that would erase sex and gender in the UK. This would also potentially erase benefits and protections for women around childbirth, breast and ovarian cancer, and more.

Let’s not all start trying to serve as mini-mods on this forum. We have very capable mods who volunteer their time to make sure these conversations are safe, inclusive, and on-topic - and I appreciate them immensely for their time and effort.

Edited by sebastian666

JK Rowling as a person and her statements are 100% OFF TOPIC. Not up for debate.

Get back to LEGO now.