Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

But with Ninjago City docks, that can be a standalone set. A Hogwarts extension... not so much. If someone was going to buy only one, they'd buy the one with the Great Hall and Staircase, as that's the most recognisable part and what most people think of when you mention Hogwarts. I'm not sure people would buy just the expansion.

I can't really argue with that.

2 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Disney Train and Station is $330. That includes a long train (engine, fuel car, and two passenger cars), a big station, oval track, the Power Up components (88009 hub and 88011 motor). The Power Up components still weren't available by themselves yet. They are now. That pair components is $64 by itself. To get to $400, they would need at a train at least that big, a very large station platform scene, possibly something like thestrals and carriages for the "Hogwarts side", and the Power Up components.

But why would LEGO do that now while the original Hogwarts Express set is still available?  If they are going to make a UCS "Powered Up" version, they should just wait a year or two.

Edited by RogueTwo

1 minute ago, autolycus said:

Disney Train and Station is $330. That includes a long train (engine, fuel car, and two passenger cars), a big station, oval track, the Power Up components (88009 hub and 88011 motor). The Power Up components still weren't available by themselves yet. They are now. That pair components is $64 by itself. To get to $400, they would need at a train at least that big, a very large station platform scene, possibly something like thestrals and carriages for the "Hogwarts side", and the Power Up components.

They could have Hogsmeade Station as well. I believe it was in one of the older sets?

Maybe it will be a microscale DA, with a microscale Hogwarts Express, going across a microscale London and UK, connecting to a microscale Hogsmeade? :wink:

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

They could have Hogsmeade Station as well. I believe it was in one of the older sets?

Maybe it will be a microscale DA, with a microscale Hogwarts Express, going across a microscale London and UK, connecting to a microscale Hogsmeade? :wink:

In all seriousness, I would like a remake of Hogsmeade station at some point (you are correct, it was in the 2004 Motorized Hogwarts Express from Prisoner of Azkaban).  
That could be a nice set with a Thestral carriage, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Luna, and Draco.

6 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I can't really argue with that.

But why would LEGO do that now while the original Hogwarts Express set is still available?  If they are going to make a UCS "Powered Up" version, they should just wait a year or two.

Oh, I don't think it would be a good idea for them to do it right now. I was just trying to think out what it would take to even get to $400 for that concept. Maybe for the next big HP/WW D2C in a few years, but not now. And even then, I think $250-300 makes more sense for that set, especially if they do not include the Power Up in the set itself and let people buy it separately. It would be great if they did $250 and then offered some sort of bundle deal in store or S@H if you buy the train and power up components at the same time (boxed separately). But that's getting into long-off 

I think Diagon Alley and expansion of the current castle are the best candidates for 2020, with something like Hogsmeade a distant 3rd.

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Oh now THAT would be great. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are tons of things they could do when it comes to D2C, the main question is if it would sell well as a $400 set. If Hogwarts is off-limits Diagon Alley really is the only thing I can see becoming a $400 set that sells well. Sure Hogsmeade Village (for example) would be a cool D2C to have but I really don't see that selling well at $400, same situation for your Quidditch Pitch proposal. 

Wasn't so much a proposal. Lol. I just though someone asked what else they could do as a UCS and i remembered that stadium and thought a quidditch pitch could be cool. I'm in no way opposing the idea of Diagon Alley, which I really, really hope is coming our way. :-) Would soften my regret of not getting the original one. Can still picture it on the shelf in Target! Rofl. At least i got Fred and George on Bricklink for less than $10 Australian before the prices sky rocketed! :-D

47 minutes ago, autolycus said:

and expansion of the current castle are the best candidates for 2020

The problem with an expansion is that it is a boring idea, more or less the same as we got in 2018. In addition they have to admit that the first one was only part one of two, when they have sold it as the ultimate Hogwarts castle.
Plus other arguments mentioned earlier.. No way Lego will do this, they like to make new things especially when it comes to D2C sets. That is in my mind one of the best arguments against a DA since they already made one before. However if they make a much bigger one that is probably fine like the MF :shrug_oh_well:

Most people want a system-scale DA and it has always been the number one choice for a HP D2C, but we do not necessarily get it every time. I do not remember how it went down, but if we heard in early 2018 that we would get a huge D2C HP set and we had seen the GH set. Most of us had probably guessed on a DA set and very few if any had guessed on what we got :wink:

I can also see a $400 D2C Gringott’s set as a possibility. 

Something similar in design to the Creator Expert Corner Garage set:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/corner-garage-10264

but quite a bit taller and longer, with the marble entrance hall with the chandeliers taking up the second / third floors and some interior roller coaster tracks on the “ground floor” as the Gringott’s Vault.

I also see LEGO wanting to redeem itself after the highly criticized Hungarian Horntail dragon with a Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon that is more similar in design and complexity as the D2C T-Rex. 

The dragon is massive at Universal Studios, with one of its wings draping all the way from the roof of Gringott’s down to the first floor of the building. It would be cool if they added some light brick elements to make the dragon look like it’s breathing fire. 

All this being said, I don’t know that even a big iconic building with a coaster and a big dragon build would warrant a $400 price tag. I could be wrong. Harry Potter is one of the most lucrative licenses in history, after all.

I think it would be smart of LEGO to release the rest of Diagon Alley as separate modular sets next year. Just throwing out ideas since everything is up in the air now.

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That is in my mind one of the best arguments against a DA since they already made one before.

They also already made 3 Hagrid's Huts and 2 Great Halls and they did those again :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Why do people suddenly think the d2c is something other then diagon ally?

Not entirely sure. Kingnono may be a fraud so now everyone is questioning their own existence 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

They also already made 3 Hagrid's Huts and 2 Great Halls and they did those again :tongue:

Those are not D2C, city have a police-station every year as well :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I for one just keep the possibility open :shrug_oh_well: The most likely is

1. 400$
  2. DA
  3. in system-scale

but until I see some beyond a reasonable doubt proof anyone of those 3 points may change :wacko:

26 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Because there is absolutely nothing concrete in this thread verifying that it is. There's a whole lot of speculation, and people reiterating over and over that it's been confirmed... but the only tangible 'evidence' was a single (now removed) shop listing for an unnamed set. That's it. Everything else has merely been people referencing other people's speculations as the gospel truth and compounding simple rumors into 'evidence'.

One might argue that since there is little tangible evidence further discussion / rampant speculation / wishlisting about what else the rumoured D2C might be belongs in the future Harry Potter sets thread... :wink: 

2 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

One might argue that since there is little tangible evidence further discussion / rampant speculation / wishlisting about what else the rumoured D2C might be belongs in the future Harry Potter sets thread... :wink: 

I disagree. We are talking about a 2020 LEGO Harry Potter D2C set. I think the conversation is fine right where it is.

Ok well here is something. More evidence is going to come out to show a certain someone is even more wrong. There is a big set coming and it will be what people want it to be

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I can also see a $400 D2C Gringott’s set as a possibility. 

Something similar in design to the Creator Expert Corner Garage set:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/corner-garage-10264

but quite a bit taller and longer, with the marble entrance hall with the chandeliers taking up the second / third floors and some interior roller coaster tracks on the “ground floor” as the Gringott’s Vault.

I also see LEGO wanting to redeem itself after the highly criticized Hungarian Horntail dragon with a Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon that is more similar in design and complexity as the D2C T-Rex. 

The dragon is massive at Universal Studios, with one of its wings draping all the way from the roof of Gringott’s down to the first floor of the building. It would be cool if they added some light brick elements to make the dragon look like it’s breathing fire. 

All this being said, I don’t know that even a big iconic building with a coaster and a big dragon build would warrant a $400 price tag. I could be wrong. Harry Potter is one of the most lucrative licenses in history, after all.

I think it would be smart of LEGO to release the rest of Diagon Alley as separate modular sets next year. Just throwing out ideas since everything is up in the air now.

I really don't see that happening. It's just my opinion but I personally wouldn't be interested at all in a $400 Gringotts, nor would I be interested in DA modular sets if the most iconic building in the collection costs a whopping $400 (not to mention every building would have to be at least $200 to be at the same scale as a $400 Gringotts). It's not really a smart business strategy imo.

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok well here is something. More evidence is going to come out to show a certain someone is even more wrong. There is a big set coming and it will be what people want it to be

Sounds like the System scale Diagon Alley D2C to me.

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I feel like this means we are getting D2C Diagon Alley but without Borgin & Burke’s since that was the one shop youknowwho went out of his way to “confirm.”

Just now, sebastian666 said:

I feel like this means we are getting D2C Diagon Alley but without Borgin & Burke’s since that was the one shop youknowwho went out of his way to “confirm.”

You're probably right, that Borgin and Burkes info was oddly specific

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don't get me wrong: I do actually believe that Diagon Alley is a high probability. I'll be a bit surprised myself if it's not. If not as a single large set, then as a modular build with a new shoppe releasing annually. I'm merely tired of reading the same handful of people (in this and other threads) adamantly arguing that X rumor has been 'proven', when all they're doing is referencing common assumption stemming from repeated speculations, without a single substantial point of reference. This bizarre behavior is the primary reason I usually tend to prefer other forums to this one. Facts are completely lost in the din created by these people who can't distinguish between wishful thinking and facts.

24 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sounds good! I hope we get some delicious nuggets of information soon :moar:

23 minutes ago, klinton said:

Don't get me wrong: I do actually believe that Diagon Alley is a high probability. I'll be a bit surprised myself if it's not. If not as a single large set, then as a modular build with a new shoppe releasing annually. I'm merely tired of reading the same handful of people (in this and other threads) adamantly arguing that X rumor has been 'proven', when all they're doing is referencing common assumption stemming from repeated speculations, without a single substantial point of reference. This bizarre behavior is the primary reason I usually tend to prefer other forums to this one. Facts are completely lost in the din created by these people who can't distinguish between wishful thinking and facts.

Nobody here is referencing 'common assumptions', we're referencing rumors dating back to before Kingnono started his whole thing. And of course we're not discussing facts here, nothing that hasn't been officially announced or confirmed by LEGO themselves is a fact. That's the whole reason why this thread is called 'Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion'. If you want facts you should just sit back and wait for LEGO's announcements.

If anyone's interested: @just2good just uploaded a video showing off LEGO's official Hogwarts setup

Edited by Guyon2002

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nobody here is referencing 'common assumptions', we're referencing rumors dating back to before Kingnono started his whole thing. And of course we're not discussing facts here, nothing that hasn't been officially announced or confirmed by LEGO themselves is a fact. That's the whole reason why this thread is called 'Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion'. If you want facts you should just sit back and wait for LEGO's announcements.

Very this. Say it louder for the people in the back.

Edited by sebastian666

57 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So there is going to be a lot of new leg prints after all ??.

Just watching J2G’s review of the Grawp set and am I the only person who finds it really annoying how much he moans about noses/ears on minifigures? For some characters that is one of their defining features, for Voldemort it’s his snakelike nose, for Grawp it’s his piggy nose/large ears, it’s like doing Harry without his lightning scar because “minifigures don’t normally have scars” ?, rant over