Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Thank you MODS for opening the threads back up! I'm new so I want to be careful not to break any rules-

Am I allowed to make predictions of future sets? I saw that you banned Lord Voldemort for making a prediction of the D2C being microscale, so I don't wanna make the same mistake if thats against the rules

40 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Did you get yours from eBay too? I’m so tempted to just order mine now but $180 is twice retail. 

I would wait if I were you.  I imported the Clock Tower set last year and later regretted it.  Plus, it’s possible that the sets will get their release date pushed forward to July if the factories get back to full capacity.  

That said, I am super jealous of those who are getting the sets early. :tongue: 

Edited by RogueTwo

1 minute ago, LegoLegend said:

Thank you MODS for opening the threads back up! I'm new so I want to be careful not to break any rules-

Am I allowed to make predictions of future sets? I saw that you banned Lord Voldemort for making a prediction of the D2C being microscale, so I don't wanna make the same mistake if thats against the rules

Wait you mean the Diagon Alley will be similar to the hogwarts micro scale?

2 minutes ago, LegoLegend said:

You can make predictions. There is, and was in this specific case (which as you just saw by the way, we have been specifically told not to mention, so please don't bring it up as we were just told), no issue with making a prediction, as long as it stays on topic. :classic:

2 minutes ago, Ashleybricks said:

Wait you mean the Diagon Alley will be similar to the hogwarts micro scale?

That's what they're referring to, and there's no way it's microscale. This has been discussed many times, one of which was probably three pages back.

4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

You can make predictions. There is, and was in this specific case (which as you just saw by the way, we have been specifically told not to mention, so please don't bring it up as we were just told), no issue with making a prediction, as long as it stays on topic. :classic:

That's what they're referring to, and there's no way it's microscale. This has been discussed many times, one of which was probably three pages back.

Gotcha so it was confirmed mini fig scale by Kingnono

Just now, LegoLegend said:

Gotcha so it was confirmed mini fig scale by Kingnono

We are just assuming it's minifig scale based on our own intuition and judgement, not on leaks/"confirmed" leaks.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

We are just assuming it's minifig scale based on our own intuition and judgement, not on leaks/"confirmed" leaks.

ohhhh ok thank you- so Voldemort could be right then?

6 minutes ago, LegoLegend said:

We were asked not to bring it up again, so please, before the thread gets shut again, stop mentioning him and Nono

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

4 minutes ago, LegoLegend said:

Nothing is confirmed, anyone's predictions could be right.

See RandomBlocker's post, this is already tiptoeing over a dangerous line.

Go ahead and make your predictions though. :laugh:

Edited by sammy_zammy

ooohh I hope that Rumor is true about micrOscale! I woulD Def love to place it next to mY castle :) 

Edited by Bellatrix

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Nothing is confirmed, anyone's predictions could be right.

See RandomBlocker's post, this is already tiptoeing over a dangerous line.

Go ahead and make your predictions though. :laugh:

omg sorry haha i don't wanna be banned for making that prediction like he who must not be named lol I'll just say its mini fig scale :laugh_hard:

Just now, LegoLegend said:

omg sorry haha i don't wanna be banned for making that prediction like he who must not be named lol I'll just say its mini fig scale :laugh_hard:

I say again, that's not gonna happen for making a prediction lol. Maybe told off for being off-topic if you're unlucky. My prediction is minifig-scale, and Gringotts, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Ollivanders and Borgin & Burke's. I think 5 shops seems reasonable. Any less would be disapppinting. Any more would be a bonus, and next on my list are Flourish & Blotts, the Leaky Cauldron and Quality Quidditch Supplies.

21 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I would wait if I were you.  I imported the Clock Tower set last year and later regretted it.  Plus, it’s possible that the sets will get their release date pushed forward to July if the factories get back to full capacity.  

That said, I am super jealous of those who are getting the sets early. :tongue: 

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to wait, as well. I have a feeling Barnes & Noble will have the sets July 1 just like last year. It’s so tempting though... Can’t wait to see photos of how folks choose to connect all three (three and a half technically) castle sets.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to wait, as well. I have a feeling Barnes & Noble will have the sets July 1 just like last year. It’s so tempting though... Can’t wait to see photos of how folks choose to connect all three (three and a half technically) castle sets.

same i hope someone posts pictures for us!

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Is it it not four and a half? GH, WW, CT, AT and RoR?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Is it it not four and a half? GH, WW, CT, AT and RoR?

Yes! Haha You’re right. I always forget to count WW as a set. Thanks for catching that. 

9 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

My prediction is minifig-scale, and Gringotts, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Ollivanders and Borgin & Burke's. I think 5 shops seems reasonable. Any less would be disapppinting. Any more would be a bonus, and next on my list are Flourish & Blotts, the Leaky Cauldron and Quality Quidditch Supplies.

I agree ?. I think the layout will be very similar to the GWP Diagon Alley with all the shops lining up neatly on a street like the current City Expert sets. 

Good to see the thread back! So I went to Target to get the Hogwarts Express since they just restocked, and I noticed my box has a sticker of the age range, piece count, etc. pasted over where it usually is on the box (see pic below). I haven't taken it off, but I don't think the piece count is listed underneath the sticker. Is Target getting international copies of the sets because the US/Mexico factories aren't operating? Regardless, I've never seen this kind of sticker on a box before haha.

https://imgur.com/a/ZTfekvP

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Good to see the thread back! So I went to Target to get the Hogwarts Express since they just restocked, and I noticed my box has a sticker of the age range, piece count, etc. pasted over where it usually is on the box (see pic below). I haven't taken it off, but I don't think the piece count is listed underneath the sticker. Is Target getting international copies of the sets because the US/Mexico factories aren't operating? Regardless, I've never seen this kind of sticker on a box before haha.

https://imgur.com/a/ZTfekvP

That's correct. It's been mentioned a few times elsewhere, and yeah, the US is getting EU sets and having stickers put on to comply with US regulations.

33 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I say again, that's not gonna happen for making a prediction lol. Maybe told off for being off-topic if you're unlucky. My prediction is minifig-scale, and Gringotts, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Ollivanders and Borgin & Burke's. I think 5 shops seems reasonable. Any less would be disapppinting. Any more would be a bonus, and next on my list are Flourish & Blotts, the Leaky Cauldron and Quality Quidditch Supplies.

I agree with your predictions. Shocked they haven’t made Ollivander’s yet. Which are you most excited to see?  

As I can't remember that this has been discussed in the near past I'd like to know from you guys which accessories/small creatues out of the HP universe you would like to get as new moulds :sweet:

At the top of my list, there is a Cornish Pixie, Hermione's time turner and a Pygmy Puff - to name just a few :grin:

4 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

As I can't remember that this has been discussed in the near past I'd like to know from you guys which accessories/small creatues out of the HP universe you would like to get as new moulds :sweet:

At the top of my list, there is a Cornish Pixie, Hermione's time turner and a Pygmy Puff - to name just a few :grin:

I’d love a new Krum shark head and some specifically molded Horcruxes 

11 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I agree with your predictions. Shocked they haven’t made Ollivander’s yet. Which are you most excited to see?  

Ollivander’s did get made back in the 2011 Diagon Alley. What hasn’t been made in minifigure scale yet is Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes, it’s only ever appeared in the 2018 gwp. Honestly as long as we get that shop and the twins I won’t really care what else is in the D2C (although the bibliophile in me would love Flourish and Blotts as well). 

9 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Well we already know we’re getting a new Fawkes, which was 100% needed, so that’s great. 

As for the future I agree with you on the Pygmy Puffs. As far as other animals go I’d also love to see new versions of Fluffy and the basilisk, with at least new molds for their heads even if the bodies are brick built. And I don’t think I’ve hidden the fact that I really want new updated versions of Lupin’s werewolf form and Padfoot (they’re on an ever shortening list of things from the first run of the theme that are desperately in need of an update). It would also be cool if we got Hermione’s beaded bag in the Deathly Hallows sets next year. 

14 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Such a good question. I have a long list:

- Fang (I guess he’s more of a medium creature than a small one)

- Crookshanks

- Pygmy Puff

- Pigwidgeon (baby owl)

- Baby Thestral

- Baby Norbert

- a proper Bowtruckle 

- a purple printed pentagon shaped chocolate frog box 

- a printed Bertie Bott’s box

- a mug of Butterbeer

- a new Werewolf mold head for Professor Lupin

- a big mean Hog’s Head to hang inside Hog’s Head Tavern (like the one in Universal Studios’ Wizarding World)

- Grindylow

- The Elder Wand

- Cornish Pixie (I want LOTS of these. Part of the reason I’m planning to get a whole box of CMF Series 2 is that I’m banking on this being Professor Lockhart’s accessory - if we get Lockhart)

- And finally - I know this isn’t technically a small creature but I have waited for this Lego piece my entire life - a UNICORN. How cool would it be to get a Forbidden Forest set from Philsophers Stone that featured: Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, Caped Quirrel/Voldy, and a Unicorn.

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d also love to see new versions of Fluffy (...) and Padfoot

How could I forget Fluffy and Padfoot?!
Must have these too.

20 hours ago, legozebra said:

There’s a German bricklink store selling them for much cheaper than retail called Steinchenwelt; I have ordered from them quite a few times in the past (in the US) and even plus shipping, it is way cheaper than retail - for example, I paid 70 euros for the Astronomy Tower and 48 for Privet Drive.

Welp. I had been managing to keep myself from overspending on these sets, but after seeing this, I had no choice. I just bought the Astronomy Tower, Hedwig, and Privet Drive, for only about $30 more than US retail. Thank you for the heads up.

41 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Here's a quick list, in chronological order:

Baby Harry

Fang

New design for the Winged Keys (I dunno, I just like that scene)

At least one Lockhart book (Here's hoping for the D2C)

A printed carton of Every Flavor Beans

Time Turner (1x1 gold tile print)

Padfoot (Also Werewolf Lupin, I suppose, even if I hate how grotesque and un-wolflike he was in the films)

Pygmy Puffs (Again, D2C)

Elder Wand

55 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

- Fang (I guess he’s more of a medium creature than a small one)

- Crookshanks

I can’t believe I forgot Fang! Yes, definitely. Come on Lego, he wouldn’t even be a licensed part, you could totally use a lovable mastiff type dog in other themes. 

And I agree that it’s past time we got a proper Crookshanks too. The series 1 CMF used the standard cat mold but I think a different breed of cat is long overdue considering how many dogs we have now. A proper long haired Crookshanks would look stunning. 

55 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

- And finally - I know this isn’t technically a small creature but I have waited for this Lego piece my entire life - a UNICORN. How cool would it be to get a Forbidden Forest set from Philsophers Stone that featured: Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, Caped Quirrel/Voldy, and a Unicorn.

I can’t believe Lego has never done a unicorn before. Well, Harry Potter is already responsible for the long awaited centaur legs so why not be the imputes behind another classic mythical creature finally attaining Lego form. (Really, Lego should be reviving the unlicensed castle theme so they can take proper advantage of all these awesome new molds the Harry Potter designers are making :head_back:). 

Edited by Accio Lego