Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of the new Star Wars sets (wether it's the Death Star Duel or the I-TS Transport is unknown) is a limited set. If Harry Potter had one it should be there as well but it isn't. 

OK, thanks :thumbup: Still my other points are valid :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

So if we’re lucky, we might get to see some leaked parts in around three weeks :sweet:

Is it only me or have we got very few factory leaks lately? One hypothesis could be that most leaks come from Mexico (the only closed factory) :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower with the white frames removed.

I haven't put the stickers on it but this is the new set with all white frames removed and walls added to the side. The walls just make Slughorn's room hard to get at but i think it looks a lot better.

Lavender Brown with added skirt and Queenie Goldstein’s face.

Also fixed up Lavender figure

This looks so much better without the white door frames! I’m still baffled by that design choice. Marcos Bessa spoke briefly about it on one of his Instagram posts. I imagine they had originally planned to have the door frames printed in tan but they probably ran out of budget and had to go with the only existing color the piece is made in - white. Anyway thanks for sharing! Do you have an Instagram account we can follow?

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

This looks so much better without the white door frames! I’m still baffled by that design choice. Marcos Bessa spoke briefly about it on one of his Instagram posts. I imagine they had originally planned to have the door frames printed in tan but they probably ran out of budget and had to go with the only existing color the piece is made in - white. Anyway thanks for sharing! Do you have an Instagram account we can follow?

He has, the IG name is on the pictures :wink:

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

One hypothesis could be that most leaks come from Mexico (the only closed factory) :shrug_oh_well:

The main culprit has to be the Chinese factory, given how many leaks end up being sold in Hongkong :wink:

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

I haven't put the stickers on it but this is the new set with all white frames removed and walls added to the side. The walls just make Slughorn's room hard to get at but i think it looks a lot better.

While I honestly don't mind the white frames as much as everyone else, that's a really great edit! In all honesty, though, I think I might love that Lavender figure even more! She looks almost perfect, and it's such a shame LEGO didn't produce her that way.

In case anybody needs a tutorial:

Rule 1 of trolls: do not feed. Do not engage. Do not reply.

End of tutorial.

Thanks to those who used the Report button.

Carry on!

26 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Haden't hear him talk about that, I wonder how they would print that element though. Instagram is @micmacpadwac. I put all my posts up there. 

17 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

While I honestly don't mind the white frames as much as everyone else, that's a really great edit! In all honesty, though, I think I might love that Lavender figure even more! She looks almost perfect, and it's such a shame LEGO didn't produce her that way.

Yeah when she was revealed I was surprised they didn't include a dress piece for her, maybe they are expensive to produce. It should be patterned but sure this one will do.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

In case anybody needs a tutorial:

Rule 1 of trolls: do not feed. Do not engage. Do not reply.

End of tutorial.

Thanks to those who used the Report button.

Carry on!

I am always shocked when this discussion page gets messy. Press the report button and ignore. That what I do.

Edited by Micmac

1 hour ago, LEGO Boy said:

Are you willing to swear on your life that we will actually get it?

That's a pretty weird question, but I've got a good proposal - if this set happens, you will leave this forum forever. Fair and square. It's been confirmed by multiple sources or retailers (the set I mean).

P.S. Honestly, you can leave this forum right now. No one will miss you here.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

P.S. Honestly, you can leave this forum right now. No one will miss you here.

It's already dealt with! Don't engage trolls! Read to the end anyway! Be polite to people or don't say anything! Please!

We have perfectly excellent stuff to discuss like those great MODs and yet people just can't help themselves with getting this off track. The staff is doing our best to stay on top of it but please, to everybody sane, just stop engaging with the muckrakers and they will go away.

56 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's already dealt with! Don't engage trolls! Read to the end anyway! Be polite to people or don't say anything! Please!

We have perfectly excellent stuff to discuss like those great MODs and yet people just can't help themselves with getting this off track. The staff is doing our best to stay on top of it but please, to everybody sane, just stop engaging with the muckrakers and they will go away.

Yeah sorry, I just felt like I have to remind him that this set is coming to make him feel stupid when it's revealed. Also, because he's irritating I had to add a little impolitness.

Haven´t been checking constantly the forum...

Could someone post if we have any further update on the CMF?  The last I knew, we only had confirmation on the figures on the packaging. Any further update?

And I just saw that we are going to get a D2C set, Diagon Alley?  Any quick info you may have?  Pieces and minifigs?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Just now, legolord said:

Could someone post if we have any further update on the CMF?  The last I knew, we only had confirmation on the figures on the packaging. Any further update?

And I just saw that we are going to get a D2C set, Diagon Alley?  Any quick info you may have?  Pieces and minifigs?

Since KNN has essentially been proven a fraud, we still only know the nine CMF figures on the package. As for Diagon Alley, we know that it'll be $400, meaning it'll likely have a part count in the ballpark of 4000-5000, but nothing concrete. As for minifigures, nobody knows, but basic logic denotes that it will be in minifigure-scale.

1 minute ago, legolord said:

No confirmation for the other CMF minifigures so far beyond what can be seen on the leaked package afaik. As for DA, only thing we know is it's €400.

Just relooking at the packet for the Series 2 CMF, and 1 thing that really annoys me, why is Myrtle blue? NHNick is Grey, why is there no continuity between ghost colouring? ?

I also find it interesting that we’re getting DH pt2 Griphook as opposed to the earlier films, wonder if that’s a hint towards what we can expect in the DA D2C (Ukrainian Ironbelly) ??

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

I’m just disappointed at how Diagon Alley is probably micro-scale, kingnono was proven a liar because of the AC and the diagon alley having the unknown set’s set number :def_shrug:.

Well at least if the diagon alley is microscale, it’s a easy pass.

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I’m just disappointed at how Diagon Alley is probably micro-scale, kingnono was proven a liar because of the AC and the diagon alley having the unknown set’s set number :def_shrug:.

Well at least if the diagon alley is microscale, it’s a easy pass.

I've lost count of how many times I've asked this question yet never got a response, so here it is again: How are you supposed to turn the 300-something parts GWP microscale DA into a 400$ set?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I've lost count of how many times I've asked this question yet never got a response, so here it is again: How are you supposed to turn the 300-something parts GWP microscale DA into a 400$ set?

Include at least half of London ?

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Include at least half of London ?

Yeah, I calculated it a bit, the GWP DA has 374 pieces and 5 shops/buildings. Meaning the €400 set would have at least 65 buildings if we assume 5000 pieces. So I checked and apparently there are only 30ish known buildings in DA according to the HP wiki. So hello London! ;)

At least Hogwarts as a whole is interesting to see, a shopping street probably not.

Edited by Salix

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Yeah, I calculated it a bit, the GWP DA has 374 pieces and 5 shops/buildings. Meaning the €400 set would have at least 65 buildings if we assume 5000 pieces. So I checked and apparently there are only 30ish known buildings in DA according to the HP wiki. So hello London! ;)

I don’t actually have the GWP, but is it actually microscale (as in microfigures can stand in the shops) or is it just built with small pieces, cheese slopes etc?

im looking at it now on google and I just cannot for the life of me judge the sizing ?

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why would you turn a GWP into a set? They could easily pull off a microscale DA in the scale of latest Hogwarts, with many shops that we wouldn't get if we would get normal scales DA.

As much as I, you and probably all of us don't want it, it's not impossible.

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t actually have the GWP, but is it actually microscale (as in microfigures can stand in the shops) or is it just built with small pieces, cheese slopes etc?

I don't have it either. So can't confirm.

EDIT: I checked the LEGO site (https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/product/diagon-alley-40289) and looks like it's just a facade with no interior space at all.

Edited by Salix

43 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Just relooking at the packet for the Series 2 CMF, and 1 thing that really annoys me, why is Myrtle blue? NHNick is Grey, why is there no continuity between ghost colouring? ?

I also find it interesting that we’re getting DH pt2 Griphook as opposed to the earlier films, wonder if that’s a hint towards what we can expect in the DA D2C (Ukrainian Ironbelly) ??

Because Myrtle is supposed to be blue: 

In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone(2001), when Nearly ... Moaning Myrtle | The Voice of Nick Wiki | Fandom

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

Those look much better :)

is that skirt from Lisa Simpson?

edit: sorry ignore me I have now read elsewhere it is custom :)

Edited by Bugbot20082